Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears Continue To Grind

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    I'm 48 - i have 3 "kids" My lad is 18 now and is cool and was always easy to handle growing up, the two girls were ****ers and are still ****ers in particular my eldest who at 13 drank vodka, smoked weed, id drugs, had older lads, often ran away, took pills and lots of them, had a faux suicide attempt, she 23 now and she's still a ****, she got saddled with a baby to a scally from Toxteth and now lives with us oh the joy a fathers dream lol.

But grandkids. Awesome, mines 2 and a half and I just sit their looking in wonder and *********** myself at her ways; can't put it into words really it's just awesome having a little mate especially as we both have the same mental age, the chaos she causes is so hilarious yet if she was mine 25 years ago i woulda been well stressed.

so kids, yeah they're all ***** but I love em !!
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Don't worry,they won't hear it from me.
    My mother didn't want kids and boy did she let me know all about it.
    More fool her, look what wonderful offspring she produced.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    I know what you mean, you can't just drop everything and go for a mad weekend away somewhere if you have a kid and you have to plan so much more so I totally get that. In a way I'm glad I had her when I did, by time shes old enough to be independent i'll still be fairly young (early 40's) and me and my FiancÚ will be able to do those kind of things. It's not an easy choice to make, the choice was made for me in a way so I know that if I didn't have her, and the discussion came up I would probably have said I didn't want any.
    Sometimes life just happens. It's how we react that's important.

I never liked kids, never wanted kids, just wasn't for me. Anyway I did have one when I was 24, she was a surprise (I hate the word accident) and honestly I couldn't imagine my life without her. Shes 19 months now and I absolutely live for her, it's a strange change in mindset and one that even I was surprised at! I don't want anymore but I couldn't be happier being a dad.

I just thought I would chuck in another perspective since some of the comments have been a little less happy
    We're Grinding Gears here chief!

I'd love to have a thread where reds can post up the cool things their kids do, it not all knacker shots and cleaning up.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I'm 48 - i have 3 "kids" My lad is 18 now and is cool and was always easy to handle growing up, the two girls were ****ers and are still ****ers in particular my eldest who at 13 drank vodka, smoked weed, id drugs, had older lads, often ran away, took pills and lots of them, had a faux suicide attempt, she 23 now and she's still a ****, she got saddled with a baby to a scally from Toxteth and now lives with us oh the joy a fathers dream lol.

But grandkids. Awesome, mines 2 and a half and I just sit their looking in wonder and *********** myself at her ways; can't put it into words really it's just awesome having a little mate especially as we both have the same mental age, the chaos she causes is so hilarious yet if she was mine 25 years ago i woulda been well stressed.

so kids, yeah they're all ***** but I love em !!
    Boys do seem to be a bit easier to handle;I looked after my cousin's children for years and the little boy was an angel.
    Her daughter though...
    Having said that some of the things she did had me in stitches and it was pretty much the same when my two were little.

Boys do seem to be a bit easier to handle;I looked after my cousin's children for years and the little boy was an angel.
    Her daughter though...
    Having said that some of the things she did had me in stitches and it was pretty much the same when my two were little.
    I have an 11 year old girl.

Just left primary school.

She has been nothing but a joy so far...long way to go yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    I have an 11 year old girl.

Just left primary school.

She has been nothing but a joy so far...long way to go yet though.
    When my daughter was eleven a boy she liked moved to another school when his father got a promotion and the family decided to leave the area.
    Three days of weeping and wailing about how she'd never love anyone else.
    Mr kas[no sisters]was absolutely gobsmacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    We're Grinding Gears here chief!

I'd love to have a thread where reds can post up the cool things their kids do, it not all knacker shots and cleaning up.
    Hahaha sorry mate!

You should start one!

Back to the gear grinding. I fix things for a living (BB's and phone lines to be specific) and when you offer a solution and someone says (well it was working yesterday) Of course it was! Because that's how things work, They work until they no longer do!

I know what you mean, you can't just drop everything and go for a mad weekend away somewhere if you have a kid and you have to plan so much more so I totally get that. In a way I'm glad I had her when I did, by time shes old enough to be independent i'll still be fairly young (early 40's) and me and my FiancÚ will be able to do those kind of things. It's not an easy choice to make, the choice was made for me in a way so I know that if I didn't have her, and the discussion came up I would probably have said I didn't want any.
    Yep I am more confused now Chris!

I am that guy you will be minus the child, but maybe with a child, then my 'nearly 40 but look years younger' will end over night as I cave into stress and fat

Property shows.
    "Wadda ya mean we can't have four bedrooms,three bathrooms,an acre of garden and a double garage?? We've got ninety five grand for ***** sake"!!

Property shows.
    "Wadda ya mean we can't have four bedrooms,three bathrooms,an acre of garden and a double garage?? We've got ninety five grand for ***** sake"!!
    Funnily enough that's pretty much what my son recently bought up here for exactly that amount of money.

Only 2 bathrooms though...

Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    Funnily enough that's pretty much what my son recently bought up here for exactly that amount of money.

Only 2 bathrooms though...
    My son's too busy googling diseases to ever buy a house.
    Today he needs his foot amputated.

Down here they think it's their job to ensure that the doctor sees as few patients as possible.
    Yeah the doctors even seem like they can't wait to get you out of there nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Yeah the doctors even seem like they can't wait to get you out of there nowadays.
    Because they can't.

Is that true or an urban myth myth? It is not like that everywhere. I am able to book to see my doctor next day, a double appointment if I want (but with a registrar for that) and they seem really helpful.

Granted I rarely go, but I recently had to and got an appointment with the doc next day, got a referral for an x-ray at the hospital that week and subsequently a final referral to a consultant and all done (diagnosed and treatment plan) 8 days from when I went in! That's pretty good I think. It should be like this everywhere but i think doctors too get ground down by repeat patients and missed appointments. You could say their gears are ground by bad patients

4x4 cars in the city. Why? They are so big they will not get hurt in an accident and so drive poorly. and park in 2 spaces. And bang my car when they open the door.

They should make a tax on car size (unfortunate for not well endowed men) and limit size (mostly worth) of cars on our small streets.

Property shows.
    What I find much worse with those shows is the people hunting around for elite properties and spending huge money on improving those properties, while two complete smarmy ****'s run around searching out options for them while describing their struggles in finding them the right property.

And they say nurses have it hard

All seems in poor taste in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    What I find much worse with those shows is the people hunting around for elite properties and spending huge money on improving those properties, while two complete smarmy ****'s run around searching out options for them while describing their struggles in finding them the right property.

Yesterday it was a couple with nine hundred grand to spend.
    They were in London so it didn't go quite as far as they expected.

Pfft, paupers

Well I hope the poor little lambs were able to live perhaps in partial luxury as opposed to total luxury, and hopefully nowhere near those dirty food banks packed with vermin. That'll bring the value down

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post

It is in very poor taste indeed.

It sells a false narrative.

Fuelling aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Is that true or an urban myth myth? It is not like that everywhere. I am able to book to see my doctor next day, a double appointment if I want (but with a registrar for that) and they seem really helpful.

Granted I rarely go, but I recently had to and got an appointment with the doc next day, got a referral for an x-ray at the hospital that week and subsequently a final referral to a consultant and all done (diagnosed and treatment plan) 8 days from when I went in! That's pretty good I think. It should be like this everywhere but i think doctors too get ground down by repeat patients and missed appointments. You could say their gears are ground by bad patients
    Yeah of course it's probably different across the country. I've been told I can't book an appointment for the next day, if I want one I've got to be ready to phone them at half eight in the morning. It's often engaged aswell and the appointments go within ten minutes. It's like fastest finger first.

Same applies when I need an appointment for my one year old child, also his doctors are often snotty and short aswell.

What do you mean that would be enough to buy a space in Knightsbridge or Kensington to sleep in a cardboard box

Docs… I sometimes get an appointment for the same day, but usually for the day after.

The docs are fine, and take whatever time is required with the consultation.

What does grind my gears a bit is when various test results are back, and they peer at the computer screen at the numbers… then pull a bit of a sour face and go 'mmmm.'

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    What do you mean that would be enough to buy a space in Knightsbridge or Kensington to sleep in a cardboard box
    But would it be a top quality cardboard box?

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Docs… I sometimes get an appointment for the same day, but usually for the day after.

The docs are fine, and take whatever time is required with the consultation.

What does grind my gears a bit is when various test results are back, and they peer at the computer screen at the numbers… then pull a bit of a sour face and go 'mmmm.'
    On tests - I do find their policy of "you will only hear from us if there is something we need to discuss" annoying and scary. i keep thingking bad news might have got lost in the post. And at what point do you stop worrying?

Yeah of course it's probably different across the country. I've been told I can't book an appointment for the next day, if I want one I've got to be ready to phone them at half eight in the morning. It's often engaged aswell and the appointments go within ten minutes. It's like fastest finger first.

Same applies when I need an appointment for my one year old child, also his doctors are often snotty and short aswell.

Ah - find a doc with online booking - they release the appointments late at night

On tests - I do find their policy of "you will only hear from us if there is something we need to discuss" annoying and scary. i keep thingking bad news might have got lost in the post. And at what point do you stop worrying?
    Our doc's nurse usually rings if things are okay (for Mrs Diddler).

I have a regular test regime, so results and stuff are shared when I go in.

But yes, in the past we used to have that statement 'we'll only let you know, if…' and it is frustrating.

Ah - find a doc with online booking - they release the appointments late at night
    Sounds like buying tickets when the booking office opens… would you get touts outside the surgery?

'Ere y'are, mate… got a pair of afternoon appointments, only twenty quid.'

Our surgery will only let you book an appointment at 2 o'clock on Friday.
    As in that is the only time they'll discuss making an appointment.
    It's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Sounds like buying tickets when the booking office opens… would you get touts outside the surgery?

'Ere y'are, mate… got a pair of afternoon appointments, only twenty quid.'
    You could be on to something there.