Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears Continue To Grind

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Just stand further back, with a better aim.
    Sound advice that. I’ll need to work on my aim though definitely, the last place I want to upset somebody is a men’s toilets.

I don’t want ‘He lived how he died, full of ****’ on my gravestone.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    Sound advice that. I’ll need to work on my aim though definitely, the last place I want to upset somebody is a men’s toilets.

I don’t want ‘He lived how he died, full of ****’ on my gravestone.
    Good man. A tip… best to use the one at the far end. You don't want anyone pushing past behind you (or in front).

Planned road closures that are advertised to start at a specific time but the road is closed 10-15 minutes before the specified time.

Drivers in the incorrect lanes especially when there have been indications about which lane is for each potential direction.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Good man. A tip… best to use the one at the far end. You don't want anyone pushing past behind you (or in front).
    Also remember the unspoken piece of etiquette

If possible leave at leave at least one urinal/gap for one person whenever possible.

Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Everyday this stupid arse college kid keeps stepping right to the fronT of the crowd of people waiting to get on the bus like he thinks he has a devine right to be on first. And the sits and talks on his phone on loud speaker. :FP

Urghh I hate people that jump ahead in lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolforme View Post
    Everyday this stupid arse college kid keeps stepping right to the fronT of the crowd of people waiting to get on the bus like he thinks he has a devine right to be on first. And the sits and talks on his phone on loud speaker. :FP

Urghh I hate people that jump ahead in lines.
    Don't let him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    There seem to be more buildings where the mens toilets have no urinals, just cubicles.
    Is this a PC plot to make everyone the same so we have to queue up for the toilets like women do?.
    Who cares? So you see a few less penises?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    Who cares? So you see a few less penises?
    I dont anyway because I dont look sideways at other people's.
    Instead you just see p1ss all over the toilet and the floor, and sometimes have to clean it off the toilet seat when you need to sit down.
    Hope you enjoy doing all that and queueing up - I dont.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    I dont anyway because I dont look sideways at other people's.
    Instead you just see p1ss all over the toilet and the floor, and sometimes have to clean it off the toilet seat when you need to sit down.
    Hope you enjoy doing all that and queueing up - I dont.
    Actually you make valid points (although I never poop while I'm out so sitting down isn't an issue).

Can I add 'suburbs' to this room 101esque gears grinding! London suburbs especially.

Been living in the suburbs for a few years now - only way to get a garden beyond being mega rich - and suburbs are just sooo boring. Every entertainment facility is knocked down for flats and car parks. There is no outdoorsy life, just concrete assembly-line life. And stuck here due to commuting time and family ties.

Love the film "the 'burbs" though.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Can I add 'suburbs' to this room 101esque gears grinding! London suburbs especially.

Been living in the suburbs for a few years now - only way to get a garden beyond being mega rich - and suburbs are just sooo boring. Every entertainment facility is knocked down for flats and car parks. There is no outdoorsy life, just concrete assembly-line life. And stuck here due to commuting time and family ties.

Love the film "the 'burbs" though.
    Aye agree, just be careful not to fall into the trap of doing the opposite and moving to the country one day.

Next thing you know your ringing old friends begging them to come over for a weekend, 'please, you'll love it here, please, please come over there is so much to do here, there's a horse in the field by us, there's a fair coming soon, Paddy McGuiness is guest starring, not Peter Kay though but Paddy is funny too, so please come...for the love of'

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Stupidity

I hate stupidity

Like my daughter who in 5 years has had 8 iPhone screens and just got it fixed and STILL hasn’t got a protector and has dropped it twice today on the carpet. She once dropped it and smashed it getting out the car from picking it up from the repair shop.

And then her Mum is outside hoovering the car with the car radio on..... she obviously forgot the “why the **** won’t the car start” episode after the last time she did it.

The women in my house are stupid *****

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Stupidity

I hate stupidity

Like my daughter who in 5 years has had 8 iPhone screens and just got it fixed and STILL hasn’t got a protector and has dropped it twice today on the carpet. She once dropped it and smashed it getting out the car from picking it up from the repair shop.

And then her Mum is outside hoovering the car with the car radio on..... she obviously forgot the “why the **** won’t the car start” episode after the last time she did it.

The women in my house are stupid *****
    Sounds stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Sounds stressful.
    What womankind ?

What womankind ?
    The bane of your existence.

The bane of your existence.
    Yeah especially ones who take two and a half hours to answer me

Yeah especially ones who take two and a half hours to answer me
    The ironing mountain collapsed;no one heard my screams and it's taken me most of the afternoon to dig my way out.

The way you buy furniture these days,nothing's ever in stock.
    You hand over six hundred quid and three hours later they send you a text informing you that your new chairs will be delivered between sometime before St Patrick's Day.

Between the hours of 6am and 9pm.

The way you buy furniture these days,nothing's ever in stock.
    You hand over six hundred quid and three hours later they send you a text informing you that your new chairs will be delivered between sometime before St Patrick's Day.

Between the hours of 6am and 9pm.
    You could just go to IKEA and have exactly the same furniture as everyone else

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

How can anyone recommend a trip to IKEA are you completely crazy what is wrong with you !!!
    dont look back in anger.

I once bought a lamp from IKEA,the bulb lasted for twelve years.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

How can anyone recommend a trip to IKEA are you completely crazy what is wrong with you !!!
    Maybe the sarcasm of "exactly the same furniture as everyone else" didn't come across!

I once bought a lamp from IKEA,the bulb lasted for twelve years.
    Did you like the lamp?. Don't you hate it when you have something you just want to break so you can replace it with something better? The amount of temporary cheap furniture or appliances I have purchased while looking for what i want that ends up staying for years blighting my house...

(yes i know there is a difference between a bulb and lamp - just going on a tangent!)

Did you like the lamp?. Don't you hate it when you have something you just want to break so you can replace it with something better? The amount of temporary cheap furniture or appliances I have purchased while looking for what i want that ends up staying for years blighting my house...

(yes i know there is a difference between a bulb and lamp - just going on a tangent!)
    It was for my son's bedroom,he was in junior school when I bought it and eight inches taller than me when I finally got fed up waiting for it to die.

I bought a new fridge freezer in April,I'm already wondering which of my unfortunate relatives I can donate it to.

Maybe the sarcasm of "exactly the same furniture as everyone else" didn't come across!
    there's nothing wrong with the furniture it;s the soul destroying trip round the whole place that destroys the human spirit within a matter of hours
    dont look back in anger.

there's nothing wrong with the furniture it;s the soul destroying trip round the whole place that destroys the human spirit within a matter of hours
    I don't think I've ever bought any furniture from IKEA,Mr kas usually has a massive tantrum in there and has to be placated with chocolate raisins.

I don't think I've ever bought any furniture from IKEA,Mr kas usually has a massive tantrum in there and has to be placated with chocolate raisins.
    correct, it's a terrible terrible place i've been twice in 28 years since i've been with Mrs A, the first time we didn't speak for 4 days after we got home then foolishly earlier this year in fact 20 years later I thought maybe the place has changed and agreed to go to buy a drawer thing how wrong I was it was horrific I sulked the whole time round even though I promised I wouldn't and she had to treat me to a curry to shut me up i was still moaning 6 hours later lol
    dont look back in anger.

Don't follow the arrows ayles, don't do it.

I have an IKEA nearby, which means nearly all other furniture shops in the area have been put out of business and everyone has the same furniture or a slight variation. There are only so many LACK tables and KALLAX shelves i can see without wanting to vomit.

We have only a 'mini-ikea' shop in one of the local malls… takes five minutes maximum to stroll around and see everything twice.

There's a coffee bar outside, where we often have a cuppa… we see hardly anyone go in the place, and hardly anyone comes out with a purchase.

The giant hardware places are a different prospect, though… huge places that you could put a couple of aircraft hangars inside… uncountable long aisles of tools, paints, fittings, things, doings, whatsits, doohickeys… grinning overalled smartarses forever showing off their superior knowledge if you ever ask them anything.

correct, it's a terrible terrible place i've been twice in 28 years since i've been with Mrs A, the first time we didn't speak for 4 days after we got home then foolishly earlier this year in fact 20 years later I thought maybe the place has changed and agreed to go to buy a drawer thing how wrong I was it was horrific I sulked the whole time round even though I promised I wouldn't and she had to treat me to a curry to shut me up i was still moaning 6 hours later lol
    Our nearest branch is Cardiff,we'd more than likely have suffered a not very amicable parting of the ways by now if it was any closer.

Don't follow the arrows ayles, don't do it.

I have an IKEA nearby, which means nearly all other furniture shops in the area have been put out of business and everyone has the same furniture or a slight variation. There are only so many LACK tables and KALLAX shelves i can see without wanting to vomit.
    At one point we were the only ones going the wrong *********** way, "excuse me" "sorry" "wifes a nob"
    dont look back in anger.