Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears Continue To Grind

1. #1 Default Gears Continue To Grind 
    Second edition of gear-grinding, with plenty of moaning room available.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Only 100 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Only 100 pages.
    Make the most of them, pal.

Now the Beeb has been found out for paying women less than men, and the women are up in arms about it, I guess there will be big pay rises for these overpaid "stars" and smart-ass lawyers will get them backdated.
    I wont hold my breath for the men getting pay cuts instead. What does Lineker do for his ú1.8million apart from getting taxied up to Salford to present MotD every week then taxied back down south anyway?.

This will of course lead to a higher licence fee paid by you know who.

Doctors receptionists, generally have a horrible attitude on them and act as though they own the practices. Of course im sure there are many lovely ones too.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Doctors receptionists, generally have a horrible attitude on them and act as though they own the practices. Of course im sure there are many lovely ones too.
    Down here they think it's their job to ensure that the doctor sees as few patients as possible.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Dedicated to the biggest one of all....

The thread starter Compo lol

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Dedicated to the biggest one of all....

The thread starter Compo lol
    You're so naughty, Ayles.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    You're so naughty, Ayles.
    wah wah waaaaaaaah
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    wah wah waaaaaaaah
    If you did that any louder, it would certainly grind gears!!

This might be contentious, but...........kids, who would ever have them more than once? I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Mine have been all over No for quite a while but now they are obstructive about everything. Cook them something to eat and they don't like it. Want to get them outside for some fresh air, they don't want to. Want to get them inside, they melt down. Go and see my mum and dad, they spend the whole time embedded in my armpit crying (makes me feel like **** because they are my dads only grandkids that will carry his surname).

When they aren't being obstructive they spend a good amount of time trying to brain each other with toys, breaking something in the house or finding a new inventive way of giving me or their mother a black eye or hitting me in the balls (once one stabbed me at the side of me eye socket with some BBQ tongs missing my eye ball by less than 1cm).

The best bit is that they'll soon get out of the terrible two's but other parents with older kids just laugh at me for being na´ve. I've got a bad feeling about all this...... :FP:
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    This might be contentious, but...........kids, who would ever have them more than once? I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Mine have been all over No for quite a while but now they are obstructive about everything. Cook them something to eat and they don't like it. Want to get them outside for some fresh air, they don't want to. Want to get them inside, they melt down. Go and see my mum and dad, they spend the whole time embedded in my armpit crying (makes me feel like **** because they are my dads only grandkids that will carry his surname).

When they aren't being obstructive they spend a good amount of time trying to brain each other with toys, breaking something in the house or finding a new inventive way of giving me or their mother a black eye or hitting me in the balls (once one stabbed me at the side of me eye socket with some BBQ tongs missing my eye ball by less than 1cm).

The best bit is that they'll soon get out of the terrible two's but other parents with older kids just laugh at me for being na´ve. I've got a bad feeling about all this...... :FP:
    It's par for the course, man.

My 'kids' are now in their mid-40s. We all had lunch in town today, actually… lots of laughs an' stuff.

And they were just the same as yours when little… eg having a swordfight with a cricket bat and a stump (daughter still has the scar at the top of her forehead)… and all the usual stuff of 'no' 'why?' 'don't want to.'

Roll with it.

It's par for the course, man.

My 'kids' are now in their mid-40s. We all had lunch in town today, actually… lots of laughs an' stuff.

And they were just the same as yours when little… eg having a swordfight with a cricket bat and a stump (daughter still has the scar at the top of her forehead)… and all the usual stuff of 'no' 'why?' 'don't want to.'

Roll with it.
    At least you can look back and laugh about it. Its a bit hard to laugh it off when one of them has just put you down on the floor in the middle of a supermarket. :FP: I might have to start wearing protection. If this carries on I won't have to worry about getting snipped.

I really shouldn't have waited till my 40s to start. They'd have moved out by now if I started when I was young.

At least you can look back and laugh about it. Its a bit hard to laugh it off when one of them has just put you down on the floor in the middle of a supermarket. :FP: I might have to start wearing protection. If this carries on I won't have to worry about getting snipped.

I really shouldn't have waited till my 40s to start. They'd have moved out by now if I started when I was young.
    Even while you've been keystroking all this, your kids have got older - and a bit closer to being rational and even more interesting human beings.

But be warned… even though they might be a pain at the moment, there are good times, too… and they'll be gone, as they grow. Make sure you get the most out of each stage, man. Every one them is unique, and interesting.

Even while you've been keystroking all this, your kids have got older - and a bit closer to being rational and even more interesting human beings.

But be warned… even though they might be a pain at the moment, there are good times, too… and they'll be gone, as they grow. Make sure you get the most out of each stage, man. Every one them is unique, and interesting.

Thanks Dave, you are quite right, they are some massive fun sometimes, thank god.

Thanks Dave, you are quite right, they are some massive fun sometimes, thank god.
    Sometimes,yeah.
    Although if I could turn back the clock I wouldn't bother having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Sometimes,yeah.
    ....or leave it a day and have different sperm develop. I'm sure my parents would say the same given what a huge pain in the ass I was growing up.

Sometimes,yeah.
    Really?

See I'm clinging on to the dying embers of my 30's, still no kids, still no desire but very conscious of my age and being an older dad....but I don't really want the little *****'s! My wife is 6 years younger and her thinking is the same as things stand but probably wants one in a couple of years.

Its difficult, what to do

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Really?

See I'm clinging on to the dying embers of my 30's, still no kids, still no desire but very conscious of my age and being an older dad....but I don't really want the little *****'s! My wife is 6 years younger and her thinking is the same as things stand but probably wants one in a couple of years.

Mr kas's brother is an older dad,forty seven when his second [and utterly revolting] child was born.

Treasure all the times, mate.

Mr kas's brother is an older dad,forty seven when his second [and utterly revolting] child was born.
    Beautiful use of utterly revolting, what makes it so revolting out of interest?

Yes its possible I guess but more exhausting I imagine

Its a dilemma nagging away at me

Beautiful use of utterly revolting, what makes it so revolting out of interest?

Yes its possible I guess but more exhausting I imagine

Its a dilemma nagging away at me
    He's just vile,hard to explain really.
    It doesn't help that his parents are too dopey to discipline him,they're more the 'let's discuss what you did' type.

I always think it would be better to be sitting here regretting not having kids than it is to be sitting here wishing I hadn't bothered.
    Easy for me to say that though because I did bother.
    It's tough alright.

It shows what a messed up world we live in today -

Tv programs about 7 year olds being expelled from school - and a wannabe that thinks he is a sports hero, yet can't crack the top 6 of his event on a reality show

Sometimes,yeah.
    Wow. Really. Sorry to hear that kas.

Please don't let your kids hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    It shows what a messed up world we live in today -

Tv programs about 7 year olds being expelled from school - and a wannabe that thinks he is a sports hero, yet can't crack the top 6 of his event on a reality show
    What about love island ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Wow. Really. Sorry to hear that kas.

Please don't let your kids hear it.
    Don't worry,they won't hear it from me.
    My mother didn't want kids and boy did she let me know all about it.

Really?

I never liked kids, never wanted kids, just wasn't for me. Anyway I did have one when I was 24, she was a surprise (I hate the word accident) and honestly I couldn't imagine my life without her. Shes 19 months now and I absolutely live for her, it's a strange change in mindset and one that even I was surprised at! I don't want anymore but I couldn't be happier being a dad.

I just thought I would chuck in another perspective since some of the comments have been a little less happy

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    I never liked kids, never wanted kids, just wasn't for me. Anyway I did have one when I was 24, she was a surprise (I hate the word accident) and honestly I couldn't imagine my life without her. Shes 19 months now and I absolutely live for her, it's a strange change in mindset and one that even I was surprised at! I don't want anymore but I couldn't be happier being a dad.

I just thought I would chuck in another perspective since some of the comments have been a little less happy
    Nice one Chris, good post that.

I think if we do go for it, I would just like one child ideally too, I in the right frame of mind like the idea. Though, we fear twins, both our parents are one of twins

It'll happen I suspect, its just that each year we are so happy in our way of life that we've become inadvertently selfish to a degree and can't imagine sacrificing what we do for a little one

He's just vile,hard to explain really.
    It doesn't help that his parents are too dopey to discipline him,they're more the 'let's discuss what you did' type.

I always think it would be better to be sitting here regretting not having kids than it is to be sitting here wishing I hadn't bothered.
    Easy for me to say that though because I did bother.
    It's tough alright.
    Yes that's interesting too kas, its refreshing to hear people be honest about these things, some say what they think should be said as opposed to what they personally feel in these matters

Nice one Chris, good post that.

I think if we do go for it, I would just like one child ideally too, I in the right frame of mind like the idea. Though, we fear twins, both our parents are one of twins

It'll happen I suspect, its just that each year we are so happy in our way of life that we've become inadvertently selfish to a degree and can't imagine sacrificing what we do for a little one
    I know what you mean, you can't just drop everything and go for a mad weekend away somewhere if you have a kid and you have to plan so much more so I totally get that. In a way I'm glad I had her when I did, by time shes old enough to be independent i'll still be fairly young (early 40's) and me and my FiancÚ will be able to do those kind of things. It's not an easy choice to make, the choice was made for me in a way so I know that if I didn't have her, and the discussion came up I would probably have said I didn't want any.