Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenthood and children!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Threads like this with everyone boasting how happy they are make me feel a bit sick.....
    Don't think anyone is saying they are perfect - some things you get right and some things you need help with -
    sorry you feel that way though
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Threads like this with everyone boasting how happy they are make me feel a bit sick.....
    I am never truly happy, never sad or unhappy at all.
    Guess thats life
    Last edited by Anubis; 30-7-17 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    You might not want to let him see this...
    https://9to5toys.com/2017/07/25/radi...s-landspeeder/
    I had plan's to buy the porche at toyrsus for my 40 year b-day.
    I think ill get this instead for the trip between the couch and the fridge to pickup beers.

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I am never truly happy, never sad or unhappy at all.
    Guess thats life
    Sometimes I'm a bit like Keith Richards… just happy to wake up in the morning!

Most of the time I'm relatively content with my lot, I suppose. Could be better, could be a damned sight worse.
    Last edited by DiddlerDave; 31-7-17 at 11:15.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Sometimes I'm a bit like Keith Richards… just happy to wake up in the morning!

Most of the time I'm relatively content with my lot, I suppose. Could be better, could a damned sight worse.
    I found out that the secret for a content life is not having unachievable ambitions.
    But not having them at all and just let life take control.
    I never wanted children, until the wife asked. Then i thought about it and came to the conclusion. Wtf it will just be a new experience.

Just spent the weekend in the hospital with one of mine, he had a viral infection that closed his throat us so he couldn't breathe. Its moments like that that are really scary as a parent. He's on the mend now and should be discharged this morning but it didn't stop me or his mum getting zero sleep. The heart breaking bit was his brother being quite upset that his brother or his mum wasn't there when he was going through his bedtime routine. He spent the night in his brothers bed.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Just spent the weekend in the hospital with one of mine, he had a viral infection that closed his throat us so he couldn't breathe. Its moments like that that are really scary as a parent. He's on the mend now and should be discharged this morning but it didn't stop me or his mum getting zero sleep. The heart breaking bit was his brother being quite upset that his brother or his mum wasn't there when he was going through his bedtime routine. He spent the night in his brothers bed.
    I hope the little man is doing ok!

My kid hates hospitals.
    They held us once cause of possible dehydration for 5 hours. After five hours when they let us go we asked why they held us that long.
    Procedures.
    Couldn't you have told us that when we arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    I hope the little man is doing ok!
    Obviously not 100% but he's been in hospital before on a similar complaint when he was around 1....so he took it all in his stride really. Only issue I had was he kept picking toys up which were then HIS and no one elses. He couldnt even play with them all at once but would scream when other kids came close.

Luckily he listened to reason after a while.

Obviously not 100% but he's been in hospital before on a similar complaint when he was around 1....so he took it all in his stride really. Only issue I had was he kept picking toys up which were then HIS and no one elses. He couldnt even play with them all at once but would scream when other kids came close.

Luckily he listened to reason after a while.
    Haha it is hard to keep them entertained in them hospitals to be fair.

I was there just last week, my boy has this hand, foot and mouth virus. Five hours we were there all together when triage blatently knew what it was. Absolute stress it was but he's on the mend thankfully.

Haha it is hard to keep them entertained in them hospitals to be fair.

I was there just last week, my boy has this hand, foot and mouth virus. Five hours we were there all together when triage blatently knew what it was. Absolute stress it was but he's on the mend thankfully.
    Good to hear mate.

Its almost like they have to work by numbers just to make sure nothing is missed, I don't blame them, after all, how can a young kid be as clear as an adult in telling doctors what is wrong?

Good to hear mate.

Its almost like they have to work by numbers just to make sure nothing is missed, I don't blame them, after all, how can a young kid be as clear as an adult in telling doctors what is wrong?
    Cheers mate, yeah I don't blame them atall for taking no chances, Alder Hey is always jam packed aswell to be fair so they have their work cut out.

When you have children, most parents I think feel a bit empty when they're not around. Some don't want them around period, twists and roundabouts.

Parenting is very, very difficult. A billion variables.

If love is reciprocated, a love between children and parents is the tops. It doesn't get any better.

Bonus when they also follow Liverpoolfc

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    When you have children, most parents I think feel a bit empty when they're not around. Some don't want them around period, twists and roundabouts.

Parenting is very, very difficult. A billion variables.

If love is reciprocated, a love between children and parents is the tops. It doesn't get any better.

Bonus when they also follow Liverpoolfc
    My son (45) has little or no interest in football, or indeed any sport (he rides a bike that's older than he is, so when the Giro or Tour de France is on the telly, he shows some mild interest then).

Other than that, he's turned out to be a great chap.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    My son (45) has little or no interest in football, or indeed any sport (he rides a bike that's older than he is, so when the Giro or Tour de France is on the telly, he shows some mild interest then).

Other than that, he's turned out to be a great chap.
    My son has no interest in sport but my daughter doesn't mind the footy.
    When she was four years old she pronounced Liverpool "the best team in the world".

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    My son has no interest in sport but my daughter doesn't mind the footy.
    When she was four years old she pronounced Liverpool "the best team in the world".
    Clever lass, knows how to get around mum.

I'm fortunate in having Mrs Diddler… she went to the footy regularly with her dad (New Brighton Rakers) from when she was quite small.

Clever lass, knows how to get around mum.

I'm fortunate in having Mrs Diddler… she went to the footy regularly with her dad (New Brighton Rakers) from when she was quite small.
    Her getting around mum skills were the stuff of legend.
    Whenever she'd done something she shouldn't [four times a day] she'd grab a sweeping brush,pretend it was a guitar and serenade me with a little ditty of her own composition.
    It began with the words "Oh mum you are so beautiful"........

Her getting around mum skills were the stuff of legend.
    Whenever she'd done something she shouldn't [four times a day] she'd grab a sweeping brush,pretend it was a guitar and serenade me with a little ditty of her own composition.
    It began with the words "Oh mum you are so beautiful"........

I always knew when my kids wanted something… they turn 'Dad' into a two-syllable word.

I always knew when my kids wanted something… they turn 'Dad' into a two-syllable word.
    I do the same thing with Mr kas:"Ste-eeeeeve".

I do the same thing with Mr kas:"Ste-eeeeeve".

I know there's trouble brewing when Mrs Diddler begins a sentence with (a - mild) my middle name, or (b-more serious) the word 'Er…' (drawn out, and with a slightly rising inflection).

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Wife had an amnio yesterday. Basically they stuck a needle through her belly to draw fluid from the placenta. No numbing, topical, anything. Just needle in the belly. And since we are having twins, did it twice.

You could see the needle going in through the sonogram, and see how close it was to the baby as it was moving... so ****** scary. now we wait for the results up to 3 weeks.

But, we found out the sex of both babies, so looks like it'll be 2 girls for me! Start buying stock in tampons....

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Wife had an amnio yesterday. Basically they stuck a needle through her belly to draw fluid from the placenta. No numbing, topical, anything. Just needle in the belly. And since we are having twins, did it twice.

You could see the needle going in through the sonogram, and see how close it was to the baby as it was moving... so ****** scary. now we wait for the results up to 3 weeks.

But, we found out the sex of both babies, so looks like it'll be 2 girls for me! Start buying stock in tampons....
    Congrats

Congratulations and good luck! I'd love twins man. It'd be tough but absolutely majestic at the same time

Better buy a rifle

Congratulations and good luck! I'd love twins man. It'd be tough but absolutely majestic at the same time
    Very tough but they get so much attention its unbelievable. Probably because they get their looks from their mum, in our case.

That's excellent, congratulations.

Very tough but they get so much attention its unbelievable. Probably because they get their looks from their mum, in our case.
    Haha is right mate you're blessed there, I often discuss with my Mrs how difficult it'd be with two, literally twice the work! Do they both do things simultaneously? Sleep, eat, dressed etc? If you don't mind me asking like..

Haha is right mate you're blessed there, I often discuss with my Mrs how difficult it'd be with two, literally twice the work! Do they both do things simultaneously? Sleep, eat, dressed etc? If you don't mind me asking like..
    No problem at all. No they don't, they often want something different to eat, sleep at different times, wind each other up and the only thing they usually do in unison is get jealous if their mum is talking to the other.... Raptors is our nickname for them in homage to Jurassic Park.

They are our only kids and we talk about having two a short distance apart probably being more difficult. At least we have everything happening, like food, sleep, development etc at the same time. I suppose you just deal with the hand that you've got.

No problem at all. No they don't, they often want something different to eat, sleep at different times, wind each other up and the only thing they usually do in unison is get jealous if their mum is talking to the other.... Raptors is our nickname for them in homage to Jurassic Park.

They are our only kids and we talk about having two a short distance apart probably being more difficult. At least we have everything happening, like food, sleep, development etc at the same time. I suppose you just deal with the hand that you've got.
    Ahh cheers man you've definitley got your hands full there!! Must be nice for them to bounce off eachother though.

It would be stressful having two in a short space, we've talked about it but with the expected complications that would come with the birth and the fact our boy is an absolute nutter we've decided to leave it for a while!

Like the nicknames btw haha, a mate of mine calls his two young kids 'chaos' and 'mayhem'

Ahh cheers man you've definitley got your hands full there!! Must be nice for them to bounce off eachother though.

It would be stressful having two in a short space, we've talked about it but with the expected complications that would come with the birth and the fact our boy is an absolute nutter we've decided to leave it for a while!

Like the nicknames btw haha, a mate of mine calls his two young kids 'chaos' and 'mayhem'
    It must be just boys, my niece was an absolute angel at the same age.