Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 217

Thread: Adam Lallana facing 'a couple of months' out with injury

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,558
    can't believe the season hasn't even started yet and the injuries are starting already with clyne,sturridge and now Lallana just praying we get to the 1st game with everyone else fit :FP:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    Not the end of the world. another 2 months off to recharge his batteries isn't so bad. Get the best out of him 2nd half of season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Against the teams who park the bus we'll see Gini in midfield. Can, Henderson, even Grujic are ideal for breaking up play
    If last season is any indicator, I think we'll see Gini more often than that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    If last season is any indicator, I think we'll see Gini more often than that.
    i expect he ll play most games
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051
    report that coutinio hasn't travel to Dublin,bad back?.time to panic yet.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Not the end of the world. another 2 months off to recharge his batteries isn't so bad. Get the best out of him 2nd half of season.
    just read that coutinho has a sore back and hasn't travelled for the final friendly in Dublin :FP:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    If last season is any indicator, I think we'll see Gini more often than that.
    yeah. Thinking he'd be first pick to open up stubborn defences
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    yeah. Thinking he'd be first pick to open up stubborn defences
    not sure he has the tools for that role. he certainyl didnt succeed in doing it in the few games he played there last season

    i think id withdraw firmino to the 8 role if phil got injured and have someone else at 9 , maybe origi
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    report that coutinio hasn't travel to Dublin,bad back?.time to panic yet.
    gotta be honest i'm worried especially if we don't bring in the required quality before the window shuts :FP: come on fsg,edwards, jurgen get your fingers/cheque book out
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by redrob2005 View Post
    gotta be honest i'm worried especially if we don't bring in the required quality before the window shuts :FP: come on fsg,edwards, jurgen get your fingers/cheque book out
    Yep, it is a concern. Not much else to say really; it's been well debated over the last month about people's concerns surrounding quality reinforcements.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    422
    A blow we didn't need, would have been nice to start with a clean bill of health
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Didn't expect it so soon but was definitely expected. ffs!

    The players have got over all the hamstring problems - it's the year of the thigh! Yippee-***********-dooo
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    20,510
    Klopps intense and furious training and style of play will always create injuries ... more than most teams ... so we need a squad that reflects this inevitability.

    This season we will once again be revealed as lacking ... it's guaranteed ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    25,557
    Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Klopps intense and furious training and style of play will always create injuries ... more than most teams ... so we need a squad that reflects this inevitability.

    This season we will once again be revealed as lacking ... it's guaranteed ...
    Absolutely, without a doubt.

    Fatigue and injuries will be a re-current theme again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Klopps intense and furious training and style of play will always create injuries ... more than most teams ... so we need a squad that reflects this inevitability.

    This season we will once again be revealed as lacking ... it's guaranteed ...
    we saw the limits of this squads physicality under domestic schedual last season and should have plnned as though that was the norm not the exception

    and as things stand i believe you are right
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    what another wide signing, i m told its not neccesary...
    It's not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    It's not.
    in your opinion
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    in your opinion
    If we were to get another wide injury, Coutinho on the left, Gini, Can and Henderson in the middle. Simples.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    If we were to get another wide injury, Coutinho on the left Gini, Can and Henderson in the middle. Simples.
    yeah gini really worked in that advanced role last season... played there a few games and looked inept at the role

    i d bring firmino deeper and origi at 9 and the two wide guys..... still not near as strong as our starting lineup
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    25,557
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    yeah gini really worked in that advanced role last season... played there a few games and looked inept at the role
    Now Robertson's in we have the ever versatile Milner to fill the void.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Now Robertson's in we have the ever versatile Milner to fill the void.
    he cn play no 9 he can play no 7 no 11, no 2 and no 3 and debatably no 4 and no 8
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    If we were to get another wide injury, Coutinho on the left, Gini, Can and Henderson in the middle. Simples.
    Without a Lallana or Coutinho in the middle our midfield tends to look one dimensional.

    With Lallana out it could be argued that our first 11 is perhaps on the same level as last season. Pity
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Now Robertson's in we have the ever versatile Milner to fill the void.
    no solutions we have come close to filling the attacking role as well as phil or lallana.... gini tried it last season for a few games and dint do very well , he was always sat too deep not sure whether that ws under instruction or he d just gotten used to playing deeper and reverted naturually when asked to play the more advanced role for a few games
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Without a Lallana or Coutinho in the middle our midfield tends to look one dimensional.

    With Lallana out it could be argued that our first 11 is perhaps on the same level as last season. Pity
    this also you d be expected that 11 to play two games a week continously... without roatation in order to keep the quality on the field.....there is no depth left for rotation
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,243
    Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Klopps intense and furious training and style of play will always create injuries ... more than most teams ... so we need a squad that reflects this inevitability.

    This season we will once again be revealed as lacking ... it's guaranteed ...
    Absolutely. Far to extreme, and unbalanced so it will naturally lead to injuries. One has to teach players the techniques needed to prevent injury as well. Players get washed out physically and mentally and then the spirit weakens.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Without a Lallana or Coutinho in the middle our midfield tends to look one dimensional.

    With Lallana out it could be argued that our first 11 is perhaps on the same level as last season. Pity
    No it's not, we have Salah and Robertson allowing Coutinho to play in the centre.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    this also you d be expected that 11 to play two games a week continously... without roatation in order to keep the quality on the field.....
    That's where our problems are. It's only when you see an injury do you truly realise how fragile the situation is. Over the last week I've half convinced myself that we would be ok if the window closed tomorrow.

    However, with Lallana's injury it now looks very fragile indeed. If Coutinho gets injured we are back to a none creative midfield, and if a wide player gets injured, Coutinho would shift wide, resulting in a none creative midfield.

    Unless we sign another 1 or 2 high end players I fear we will eventually be relying on our young talent to prove their worth.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    yeah gini really worked in that advanced role last season... played there a few games and looked inept at the role

    i d bring firmino deeper and origi at 9 and the two wide guys..... still not near as strong as our starting lineup
    Not really my recollection of it, but you could put Milner out on the left and keep Coutinho in the middle.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    That's where our problems are. It's only when you see an injury do you truly realise how fragile the situation is. Over the last week I've half convinced myself that we would be ok if the window closed tomorrow.

    However, with Lallana's injury it now looks very fragile indeed. If Coutinho gets injured we are back to a none creative midfield, and if a wide player gets injured, Coutinho would shift wide, resulting in a none creative midfield.

    Unless we sign another 1 or 2 high end players I fear we will eventually be relying on our young talent to prove their worth.
    Milner can go wide leaving Coutinho in the middle.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    No it's not, we have Salah and Robertson allowing Coutinho to play in the centre.
    Coutinho is probably more creative than Lallana, but Lallana is very creative himself and good on the ball. However, Lallana presses better. Swings and roundabouts. Is Salah going to be better than Coutinho out wide? I suspect he will be on a similar level if we're lucky, adding more speed, but lacking in controlling the game. Again. Swings and roundabouts.

    Of course one key injury could put us back to square one, as we have only made one key signing....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •