Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 217

Thread: Adam Lallana facing 'a couple of months' out with injury

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    It is definitely going to be a big loss, at times last season he was our best player.

    Get well soon !!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    Not really my recollection of it, but you could put Milner out on the left and keep Coutinho in the middle.
    Would rather not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    Milner can go wide leaving Coutinho in the middle.
    Okay, then our wide position is weakened considerably in this event. Let's keep going
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    Not really my recollection of it, but you could put Milner out on the left and keep Coutinho in the middle.
    You probably saw the games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Would rather not.
    Milner in midfield is just hilarious to watch
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    You probably saw the games.


    I was zoning out me.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Coutinho is probably more creative than Lallana, but Lallana is very creative himself and good on the ball. However, Lallana presses better. Swings and roundabouts. Is Salah going to be better than Coutinho out wide? I suspect he will be on a similar level if we're lucky, adding more speed, but lacking in controlling the game. Again. Swings and roundabouts.

    Of course one key injury could put us back to square one, as we have only made one key signing....
    We've made two which actually has already made a big difference to our attacking and midfield options. Tell me what one key injury would put us back to square one?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,960
    why klopp knows it's important to have versatile players, like milner. get rafinha signed now
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Coutinho is probably more creative than Lallana, but Lallana is very creative himself and good on the ball. However, Lallana presses better. Swings and roundabouts. Is Salah going to be better than Coutinho out wide? I suspect he will be on a similar level if we're lucky, adding more speed, but lacking in controlling the game. Again. Swings and roundabouts.

    Of course one key injury could put us back to square one, as we have only made one key signing....
    The squad is big enough, but is there enough quality, that is the question.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Okay, then our wide position is weakened considerably in this event. Let's keep going
    How is it? Milner would keep it solid and secure down the left while we mainly attack through the middle and down the right. There can also be times when Milner and Coutinho interchange if need be.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    You probably saw the games.
    I do wonder about fred sometimes - he just loves to lose his **** over anything. Fredthehyperbolecamel.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    We've made two which actually has already made a big difference to our attacking and midfield options. Tell me what one key injury would put us back to square one?
    In terms of our first 11, Lallana. Is this not we have just been debating. We still have a strong 11, just like the start of last season, but if Coutinho or a wide player gets injured now, we would suffer a lot, like last season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    How is it? Milner would keep it solid and secure down the left while we mainly attack through the middle and down the right. There can also be times when Milner and Coutinho interchange if need be.
    Your question is how is Milner playing down the left wing, as appose to Salah, Coutinho or Mane, weakening us? Ok then, I think we're done here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    454
    Time might have arrived for Grujic now - might need to work on his pressing game but he's got a great eye for goal.. got to start sometime. Woodburn also seems to have played a similar role in our friendlies. Don't think we will panic sign a midfielder we wouldn't normally have gone for..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    The squad is big enough, but is there enough quality, that is the question.
    plenty of quality however it needs bringing out saw it past two seasons
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    plenty of quality however it needs bringing out saw it past two seasons
    The increased competition should have a big effect on this, we now have less players guaranteed a starting spot.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    The squad is big enough, but is there enough quality, that is the question.
    Indeed. Whether we have a small squad or lack quality in depth, it ends up being the same difference I suppose.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    I do wonder about fred sometimes - he just loves to lose his **** over anything. Fredthehyperbolecamel.
    how am i losing my ****

    i have clearly defined ideas of how we can strengthen out entire squad and where i think its needed,..

    what am i losing my **** about ... i m not

    you say we can play milner wide left... and lose pace as an attacking threat something we desperately sturggled with last jan feb or did you forget that period
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Your question is how is Milner playing down the left wing, as appose to Salah, Coutinho or Mane, weakening us? Ok then, I think we're done here.
    exactly.....

    my point stands we still need a wie understudy to salah and mane as kent and ojo with loans proposed to the championship are not ready to bridge the gap in quality yet

    so how exactly am i losing my ****?

    i just think you are wrong and your argument of milner playign wide left proves it for me
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    how am i losing my ****

    i have clearly defined ideas of how we can strengthen out entire squad and where i think its needed,..

    what am i losing my **** about ... i m not

    you say we can play milner wide left... and lose pace as an attacking threat something we desperately sturggled with last jan feb or did you forget that period
    And where was the pace coming from before that period then?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    exactly.....

    my point stands we still need a wie understudy to salah and mane as kent and ojo with loans proposed to the championship are not ready to bridge the gap in quality yet

    so how exactly am i losing my ****?

    i just think you are wrong and your argument of milner playign wide left proves it for me
    Calm down Fred. Stop losing your ****.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalTeamFootball View Post
    Time might have arrived for Grujic now - might need to work on his pressing game but he's got a great eye for goal.. got to start sometime. Woodburn also seems to have played a similar role in our friendlies. Don't think we will panic sign a midfielder we wouldn't normally have gone for..
    I think people take issue because many think we already needed one. Injuries happen, we know this, but to have such an injury to such a key player before the season has begun, only heightens our tension, especially given the whole Keita situation, and now the Barcelona/Coutinho situation.

    It's a tough pill to swallow, especially given what people were expecting us to spend.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    And where was the pace coming from before that period then?
    what?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,243
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    The squad is big enough, but is there enough quality, that is the question.
    In my opinion no.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    what?
    Sorry can't make that question any clearer for you mate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    In my opinion no.
    We will soon see !
    We are definitely lacking if we go into the new season with the same CBs that we ended last season with.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    In my opinion no.
    there isnt enough qualiy to win titles and go far in chamnpions league and compete on all fronts .. definately not

    one injury to phil salah or mane now and we re left short yes we may have permutations that will work but we will have 2 games per week this season not 1
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,553
    Argh! Not the news we wanted
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Your question is how is Milner playing down the left wing, as appose to Salah, Coutinho or Mane, weakening us? Ok then, I think we're done here.
    I don't see anything wrong with Milner on the left with Robertson overlapping to be honest. With Salah and Mane fit, don't expect them both to start every game either.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    The squad is big enough, but is there enough quality, that is the question.
    I'm not too terribly concerned about the front 6 missing 2-3 to knocks as long as one of Mane / Salah is fit so we don't completely lack threatening pace.

    The back 4 is a completely different story where any of the starting 4 being injured is a significant concern (at least until I see enough of Robertson to be comfortable with him) defensively. I'm not convinced by TAA or Gomez yet and Klavan is very vulnerable to pacy opposition.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •