Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Klopp on borrowed time now. Fans today NOT happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Rogers made it worse.
    Should have kept Brad Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Should never have sacked Kenny. Should never have sacked Rodgers.

Now we have a cheerleader with a silly grin in charge

2 years and can't sort the defence
    Who's been the main constant in the defence? Dare I say our GK, or does that make me a migs hater?

davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    Who's been the main constant in the defence? Dare I say our GK, or does that make me a migs hater?
    Think hater is a bit strong, I would say more pointless, truth is you are no different than ST but with the opposite point of view, its like a schoolboy obsession, interesting to hear once or twice but when near every other post is a different way of saying the same thing it just becomes boring and like I say pointless, certainly to those who read it anyway.

davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Very disappointing yesterday, makes me wonder with the way they played if the Coutinhio saga had an affect, a few of them and especially Matip Wijn and Miggs where just not at it as they say.

What does concern me more was we seemed to have abandoned the high press and fear this is a deliberate move by Klopp as we will now if all go's well Tuesday be playing twice a week, but for me without the press we are very ordinary and thought we definitely missed some creative skill in the middle.

Me I think with no Coutinhio or Lallana Firmino who for sure has the skill set must play deeper, Wijn and Can offer very little in the way of magic so play Firmino deeper and a number 9 up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Somebody stole two letters
    Everybody has been running short of R and E we've been writing MoREno, LovREn and HendERson far too much.

And of course there's LivERpool, too.

and DiddlER

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Very disappointing yesterday, makes me wonder with the way they played if the Coutinhio saga had an affect, a few of them and especially Matip Wijn and Miggs where just not at it as they say.

What does concern me more was we seemed to have abandoned the high press and fear this is a deliberate move by Klopp as we will now if all go's well Tuesday be playing twice a week, but for me without the press we are very ordinary and thought we definitely missed some creative skill in the middle.

Me I think with no Coutinhio or Lallana Firmino who for sure has the skill set must play deeper, Wijn and Can offer very little in the way of magic so play Firmino deeper and a number 9 up top.
    That was the most worrying thing for me too actually, pundits and fans alike were saying it was the same old Liverpool, great going forward but shocking defensively... there was little about that performance that reminded me of last season other than the complete inability to defend.

Our midfield was largely ineffective, other than in glimpses, out attack wasn't great either... it was however, only the first game of the season, but without Phil or Lallana we are seriously lacking spark and creativity in the middle of the park and like you say, we didn't seem to be applying our pressing game at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Bonkers
    thankyou for that, dizzee rayscal
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by 99jim View Post
    He still had the sense to buy defenders who could defend.
    Our defenders can defend, or at least could before they were signed. Might be an exception in one or two like Moreno, but Klopp didn't sign him and plenty on here were creaming over his "pre season form" (:FP: at the bit in quotes)

Interesting stat on MOTD, since Klopp arrived only two teams have conceded more goals (28 to our 27) from set-pieces, that excludes penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Our defenders can defend, or at least could before they were signed. Might be an exception in one or two like Moreno, but Klopp didn't sign him and plenty on here were creaming over his "pre season form" (:FP: at the bit in quotes)

Interesting stat on MOTD, since Klopp arrived only two teams have conceded more goals (28 to our 27) from set-pieces, that excludes penalties.
    Problem with lovren is that our style doesn't suit him and he is exposed. When he is on form and play his game he is ok with the occasional brain haemorrhage

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Rogers made it worse.
    It all started with the sale of mascherano and reinas downfall.
    Then it got historical low during roy. Kenny fixed some of the issues but wheb rodgers came it went south again. Klopp havent adressed the problems in a strong enough manner.
    Our biggest problem is our lack of concentration and professionalism at the back. Lack of a strong supporting midfield.
    In short weak mentality
    Last edited by Anubis; 13-8-17 at 09:48.

We tanked badly last season after Christmas, add in European football to the mix and adding three players (while leaving Lucas go, who played a fair bit) and you just have to wonder what the rationale is for having such narrow targets.

By all means don't sign filler, but is there really only a couple of players in world football made of the right stuff to join us? Is his faith in the squad that unshakable?

As others have said, it's just baffling.

Think hater is a bit strong, I would say more pointless, truth is you are no different than ST but with the opposite point of view, its like a schoolboy obsession, interesting to hear once or twice but when near every other post is a different way of saying the same thing it just becomes boring and like I say pointless, certainly to those who read it anyway.
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Well put.
    You never commented on our GK?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    You never commented on our GK?
    You made your feelings quite clear with your little tantrum in the gk thread. You just want him out and come across as hoping he screws up.

I have no favourite, I just want one of the three to step up and do the business. I comment as appropriate.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 13-8-17 at 10:25. Reason: keep it civil please

As has been pointed out, we really missed having a creative player in midfield yesterday.

Lallana particularly, is key to our pressing.

The midfield was very flat with no-one making anything happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    As has been pointed out, we really missed having a creative player in midfield yesterday.

Lallana particularly, is key to our pressing.

The midfield was very flat with no-one making anything happen.
    Agree with that, gini had a mare .

We went there, didn't play at all well, could have (still) come away with three points but instead conceded a late equaliser with more poor work from our TEAM (defence and keeper included, but will bear the brunt of course)

Did we miss Coutinho? I'd say not really, it is about time our manager and defensive coaches got the defending from set pieces to a far better level, at present it is shocking. Is it the CBs and GK? Not solely, no. Other teams have far weaker players and defend set pieces better than we do, only palace and one other team have conceded more from set pieces than we have since Klopp came here (as I mentioned earlier)

Or are we really naively trying to blame anything and everything else?!? We concede less goals than weaker teams, but maybe in no small part because they set out to stifle our attacks and have a lot less possession, I wonder if someone could produce a solid figure for goals conceded compared to say minutes in possession how far down we would be.

Watford, Huddersfield and Bumley all had less than 50% possession, Bumley less than 40% although they were up against 10 men for a lot of the game, but prize goes to Leicester for scoring 3 goals with only 30% possession. Of course it is only one game, but it seems a familiar pattern (for us)

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Problem with lovren is that our style doesn't suit him and he is exposed. When he is on form and play his game he is ok with the occasional brain haemorrhage
    Hard to single him out in yesterday's performance, we conceded from set pieces and to my recollection that involves more than the odd defender or two and keeper.

Interesting that the experts on motd and also carra have not blamed Migs at all.
    Their blame has been firmly at our defence and how we are set up.

Which has been pretty obvious all the time.

Interesting that the experts on motd and also carra have not blamed Migs at all.

But migs was very poor for all 3 goals.

Groundhog day again. New CB, DFM and ATM

Nothing wrong with Migs. Nothing wrong with the zonal marking. Can or Henderson need replaced by a proper DFM and the CB's need to attack the ball instead of standing around like dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Nothing wrong with Migs. Nothing wrong with the zonal marking. Can or Henderson need replaced by a proper DFM and the CB's need to attack the ball instead of standing around like dummies.
    Zonal marking obviously doesn't work for us never has. We had problems with it under rafa
    I've never heard of a player called zonal let alone one score.....so what's the point.

Zonal marking obviously doesn't work for us never has. We had problems with it under rafa
    I've never heard of a player called zonal let alone one score.....so what's the point.
    Jurgen wouldn't use it unless he sees our defenders do it right in training. Obviously they don't do it well enough during matches. Matip, Lovren and Firmino never made an attempt to challenge for one of Watford's crosses. That's not Jurgen's fault, its time the players took the blame for not stepping up to the plate.

also, Can and Henderson should be using their mass to stop Watford players getting a run in, but both aren't good enough.
    Last edited by IDREAMOFGINI; 13-8-17 at 10:40.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Hard to single him out in yesterday's performance, we conceded from set pieces and to my recollection that involves more than the odd defender or two and keeper.
    It does; but whilst Mane, Firmino, Salah etc can be excused for not being very good at defending corners, the same cannot be said of Mignolet, Matip and Lovren - they should be expert, and for a side looking to win the title, they should be VERY good at defending corners.

I'm guessing that when John Terry, Courtois, De Gea, Hypia, Campbell, Vidic were one of the 'odd defenders or two and a keeper' at a corner, they took charge and cleared the ball more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Jurgen wouldn't use it unless he sees our defenders do it right in training. Obviously they don't do it well enough during matches. Matip, Lovren and Firmino never made an attempt to challenge for one of Watford's crosses. That's not Jurgen's fault, its time the players took the blame for not stepping up to the plate.

also, Can and Henderson should be using their mass to stop Watford players getting a run in, but both aren't good enough.
    Why didn't they attack it though? Was it poor play, or was it down to indecision caused by tactical instructions?

If it works all week in training, then consistently fails when it counts, then surely either the training is not challenging the defenders enough or the players aren't capable. So you either change the system or the players. We seem to be doing neither.

Can someone tell me what ward has to do to get a chance ahead of that useless sack of shhhhht mignolet