Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1917

Thread: Random Football Thought of The Day VII - The Seventh Son...

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Anyone seen this before? Also the entire thread/replies is interesting.

I found it hilarious.

https://twitter.com/sport_simon/stat...d-7f98110838de
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Kieron Dyer saying that Paul Scholes was better than Gerrard or lampard. Said that England gave him a guard of honour after one session. Swear to god this ginger **** gets better and better each day after his retirement. I know he did good things in games but if he was so magical in training why didnít he constantly show it on the pitch? Oh because he wasnít given time to do all the **** he could do on his own in training. Lampard and Gerrard were better.

West Brom just sacking the lot now.

Thatís a manager, the chairman, and the chief exec now this season.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43047113
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

tried to start a thread about ryan mason being forced to retire at 26 due to the sickening skull fracture last season but t wasn't accepted by the mods ??
    anyway wish him luck in the future

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by redrob2005 View Post
    tried to start a thread about ryan mason being forced to retire at 26 due to the sickening skull fracture last season but t wasn't accepted by the mods ??
    anyway wish him luck in the future

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartandhp
    Yeah - tough on the lad -

Most of the packages for the next domestic TV deal have been sold - and it looks like the total value will, for the first time, be lower than the last one, and that despite an increase in the number of televised games from 168 to 200.

No doubt the overseas rights will still go for more than before making the overall revenue higher, but this looks a potentially very significant development - is this the first hint of the bubble bursting?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43002985

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Most of the packages for the next domestic TV deal have been sold - and it looks like the total value will, for the first time, be lower than the last one, and that despite an increase in the number of televised games from 168 to 200.

No doubt the overseas rights will still go for more than before making the overall revenue higher, but this looks a potentially very significant development - is this the first hint of the bubble bursting?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43002985
    Itís rumoured that the only reason packs are still available is because the reserve price wasnít met, and the anticipated/ hoped for entry of twitter, amazon et al to the dance hasnít materialised. Sky and BT calling a halt to the bidding war is interesting, no doubt these Ďsavingsí will be passed onto subscribers
    Maybe the spectacle isnít as attractive anymore, with the negative football played by teams such as United turning people off.

Will it see a drop off in the lunacy of fees and wages? Hopefully, but I doubt it.

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    It’s rumoured that the only reason packs are still available is because the reserve price wasn’t met, and the anticipated/ hoped for entry of twitter, amazon et al to the dance hasn’t materialised. Sky and BT calling a halt to the bidding war is interesting, no doubt these ‘savings’ will be passed onto subscribers
    Maybe the spectacle isn’t as attractive anymore, with the negative football played by teams such as United turning people off.

Will it see a drop off in the lunacy of fees and wages? Hopefully, but I doubt it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/K-3AeHgZFfs/maxresdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    It’s rumoured that the only reason packs are still available is because the reserve price wasn’t met, and the anticipated/ hoped for entry of twitter, amazon et al to the dance hasn’t materialised. Sky and BT calling a halt to the bidding war is interesting, no doubt these ‘savings’ will be passed onto subscribers
    Maybe the spectacle isn’t as attractive anymore, with the negative football played by teams such as United turning people off.

I think the packages that are left are so bad they're just not worth much.

The last one for example is 20 games, but across 2 full midweek programs - even if that's Tuesday-Thursday it's still only 3 slots with most games being played at the same time. Clearly much less valuable than, for example, a full weekend program where conceivably all 10 games could be shown in a different time slot between Friday-Monday.

It looks like they're budget packages designed to encourage new, smaller, bidders - but still no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Pretty much!

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I think the packages that are left are so bad they're just not worth much.

The last one for example is 20 games, but across 2 full midweek programs - even if that's Tuesday-Thursday it's still only 3 slots with most games being played at the same time. Clearly much less valuable than, for example, a full weekend program where conceivably all 10 games could be shown in a different time slot between Friday-Monday.

It looks like they're budget packages designed to encourage new, smaller, bidders - but still no joy.
    Would love to know what the asking price is for those games. Hardly worthwhile setting up a platform to show 20 games a year for three years. And sky sure as **** arenít going to stump up massive money for that package.

The only way those fixtures might sell for the asking is if the fixture computer is rigged to create a slew of tasty games, which will probably mean the other fixtures attract a handful of viewers.

If the contracts deflate then you can be sure the big boys will start making noises once again about individual tv deals.

In the old days, it was a case of nicking a couple of quid out of the wife's handbag when she wasn't looking - to nip out for a packet of fags, and a bevvy.

These days it's nicking one of her bank accounts - to nip out and buy a football club!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43055733

In the old days, it was a case of nicking a couple of quid out of the wife's handbag when she wasn't looking - to nip out for a packet of fags, and a bevvy.

These days it's nicking one of her bank accounts - to nip out and buy a football club!

I saw that one alright, ‘fit and proper person’ indeed.

He was in to buy City too- shame he didn’t pull it off!

Can't believe Ryan Babel is only 31.

Had high hopes for him but it seems like decades ago that he was at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post

So many comings and goings since then. (2010?)

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I saw that one alright, ‘fit and proper person’ indeed.

He was in to buy City too- shame he didn’t pull it off!

'Hello dear, had an interesting day?'

'Yes, Habibi… I bought a football club… oh, and I got one for you as well.'

'That nice, dear… what d'you want for your tea?'

Well idk about it feeling decades ago, did you think he'd be in his 40s by now and around the same age as Buffon?

But it has been a decade since he signed for us.

And in 2026 I reckon someone will make a similar post about Markovic...

But he's a rich Arab, take him over FSG any day!

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    But he's a rich Arab, take him over FSG any day!
    His wife is a rich Arab…

I wonder if she'd be interested?

'Hello dear, had an interesting day?'

'Yes, Habibi… I bought a football club… oh, and I got one for you as well.'

'That nice, dear… what d'you want for your tea?'

His wife is a rich Arab…

I wonder if she'd be interested?
    Well she can't be that rich, she made a huge fuss about a mere 5m going missing.

The sheikh wouldn't have even noticed, that's like the equivalent of dropping 10p down the back of the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well she can't be that rich, she made a huge fuss about a mere 5m going missing.

The sheikh wouldn't have even noticed, that's like the equivalent of dropping 10p down the back of the sofa.

Agger hanging out with the team in Spain yesterday, and I was thinking the same about him. He’s still only 33, just turned it in December too.

Taking it from another sport close to my heart, I think the black card could be used to help stamp out cheating/diving.

If a player is deemed to have dived by the officials, show him a black card. This would mean he sits out the remainder of the game but another player comes on instead. So the team will still be playing with 11 on the pitch but the cheater sits the rest of the game out.

No need for suspensions afterwards either imo, as the black card brings about punishment of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Taking it from another sport close to my heart, I think the black card could be used to help stamp out cheating/diving.

If a player is deemed to have dived by the officials, show him a black card. This would mean he sits out the remainder of the game but another player comes on instead. So the team will still be playing with 11 on the pitch but the cheater sits the rest of the game out.

No need for suspensions afterwards either imo, as the black card brings about punishment of it's own.
    Can you imagine the diving late in games after you’ve used your 3 subs?

Tbh, I reckon the best solution is after match punishment, and harsh too, 3 game stuff. And even if yellows have been handed out already too.

I think a team should get extra points for the most original and flamboyant dives. Spice up the game a bit.

Tbh, I reckon the best solution is after match punishment, and harsh too, 3 game stuff. And even if yellows have been handed out already too.
    Make it such that a black card doesn't come out of the three subs.

I don't like the way cheaters are still allowed to carry on in the game that they have been cheating in. Plus match bans are handed out after a control panel looks at it, and they can be fickle and isn't exactly bulletproof.

I think a team should get extra points for the most original and flamboyant dives. Spice up the game a bit.
    Ashley Young could win the league on his own for manure

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think it might be a decent idea.

Even with post-match reviews I think there's so much grey area that dishing out long bans is going to be difficult, and many cases would just go completely unpunished.

Giving the refs more room to make a call at the time rather than leaving it to review, without the punishment being too drastic, might see them more inclined to act.

And I like the idea of a ref being able to immediately remove a player that's tried to deceive him.

Ashley Young could win the league on his own for manure
    All the fans in the crowd could get involved. They could have numbers to hold up like in Strictly Come Dancing.