Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 3,211 to 3,234 of 3234

Thread: Philippe Coutinho: FSG Statement (Page 4) "no offers for Philippe will be considered"

Quote Originally Posted by cybernan View Post
    Well I get it and I'm an 85 year old Granny!
    My nan can't even work a Nokia mobile, never mind post on forums!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    No, it doesn't make sense sorry.
    It does to me and I'm an 85 year old Granny!

I may be 'cyber' but a couple of years ago I asked who 'Annie Roader' was!

Lovely girl her.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7906221.html

Coutinho wants clear-the-air talks with Liverpool as he begins to accept Barcelona move may be impossible

Exclusive: The Reds will be told that Barca pressured the playmaker into asking for a move away from Anfield

Ed Malyon Sports Editor @eaamalyon
    an hour ago

Philippe Coutinho is ready to hold clear-the-air talks with Liverpool as he looks to return to the fold with Jurgen Klopp's side.

The Brazilian international emailed a transfer request to the club earlier this month, a request rejected by Liverpool, after interest from Barcelona turned his head.

Barca have had a number of bids rejected for the playmaker and have been surprised by the Anfield club's resolve, they have ended their interest in order to analyse other options and sounded out Christian Eriksen's interest in a move as well as talking to the representatives of Nice midfielder Jean-Michel Seri - with whom they have outlined personal terms.

Which all leaves Coutinho in an awkward position on Merseyside, where he has asked to leave the club but looks certain to still be a Liverpool player on 1 September.

The Independent understands that the player and his representatives are ready to admit defeat and will look to talk to key Liverpool figures to smooth over the summer's events. People within the 25-year-old midfielder's entourage are pointing the finger at Barcelona for manipulating their client and have suggested the Nou Camp club used family members to provide additional pressure. They insist the ill-conceived email was Barca's idea.

Jurgen Klopp has been clear throughout this saga that the player was not for sale and that, had it not been for a back injury, he would have been playing. When Coutinho is fit again he is now expected to return to the Liverpool team but not before some uncomfortable conversations with Liverpool. The players are expected to welcome back their teammate with open arms.

The Reds managed to bring in just one of their top targets this summer, succeeding in recruiting Mohamed Salah but finding Southampton and RB Leipzig absolutely unwilling to deal Virgil van Dijk or Naby Keita respectively.

What a surprise. Sorry Phil, the luster has worn off. We'll take you back out of self preservation, however.

Ha! Thats precious.

As for the whole Cou going to Barca now, we will have to wait until a week Fri at midnight as im not counting any chickens yet.

If Cou stays he needs to make his peace with fans with a short statement then just let his feet do the talking for 9mths.

If he ends up going to Barca I have a feeling he will regret it football wise. They are in a strange place at the mo and no amount of "Galactico" buying will cure it. They are like us or L'Arse only worse in that they have no one wanting to tackle. They have a chasm the size of the atlantic in the middle of their MF -the way RM picked them off at random even with 10 men was frightening. No fight at all. They could buy 3 Coutinhos and that wont solve it if you dont have any backbone.

Come on Phil. A large slab of humble pie, a solid back rub and some graft over the next few days and you can still make the bench against Arsenal.

Don't even think about going on international duty with Brazil though.

Quote Originally Posted by AhSalahILikeHim View Post
    What a surprise. Sorry Phil, the luster has worn off. We'll take you back out of self preservation, however.
    I was saying to a relative the other day, I'll always respect him as a player but the love has gone. Not because he wanted to leave, but the way he tried to engineer it. Blaming Barca is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by danm77 View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7906221.html

Coutinho wants clear-the-air talks with Liverpool as he begins to accept Barcelona move may be impossible

Exclusive: The Reds will be told that Barca pressured the playmaker into asking for a move away from Anfield

Ed Malyon Sports Editor @eaamalyon
    an hour ago

Philippe Coutinho is ready to hold clear-the-air talks with Liverpool as he looks to return to the fold with Jurgen Klopp's side.

The Brazilian international emailed a transfer request to the club earlier this month, a request rejected by Liverpool, after interest from Barcelona turned his head.

Barca have had a number of bids rejected for the playmaker and have been surprised by the Anfield club's resolve, they have ended their interest in order to analyse other options and sounded out Christian Eriksen's interest in a move as well as talking to the representatives of Nice midfielder Jean-Michel Seri - with whom they have outlined personal terms.

Which all leaves Coutinho in an awkward position on Merseyside, where he has asked to leave the club but looks certain to still be a Liverpool player on 1 September.

The Independent understands that the player and his representatives are ready to admit defeat and will look to talk to key Liverpool figures to smooth over the summer's events. People within the 25-year-old midfielder's entourage are pointing the finger at Barcelona for manipulating their client and have suggested the Nou Camp club used family members to provide additional pressure. They insist the ill-conceived email was Barca's idea.

Jurgen Klopp has been clear throughout this saga that the player was not for sale and that, had it not been for a back injury, he would have been playing. When Coutinho is fit again he is now expected to return to the Liverpool team but not before some uncomfortable conversations with Liverpool. The players are expected to welcome back their teammate with open arms.

The Reds managed to bring in just one of their top targets this summer, succeeding in recruiting Mohamed Salah but finding Southampton and RB Leipzig absolutely unwilling to deal Virgil van Dijk or Naby Keita respectively.
    Pathetic. He's an adult and he should behave like one. Own up to your ****up and stop blaming Barca.

I find it quite funny how some fans are asking for a written statement saying sorry to the fans, will it make people feel better and that's a genuine question?

Quote Originally Posted by aniandy View Post
    I was saying to a relative the other day, I'll always respect him as a player but the love has gone. Not because he wanted to leave, but the way he tried to engineer it. Blaming Barca is pathetic.
    Also, insults fans' intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaToure View Post
    Pathetic. He's an adult and he should behave like one. Own up to your ****up and stop blaming Barca.
    He wanted to leave and who could blame him... What's pathetic is how this window has panned out... Cou wanted to leave, the club isn't going to let him so it's only natural talks need to happen and I'm not sure exactly what is pathetic about that

Quote Originally Posted by aniandy View Post
    I can understand it in a way, young South American gets wooed by the club they all dream of playing for, and doesn't even contemplate that a bid from THAT club will fail, so doesn't care about how Liverpool and its fans react because he's leaving. Now it has failed, he's realised there's a lot of bridge building to do, if the rest of his time at the club is to be anywhere near comfortable for him, plus, the potential for not being picked enough and putting his national place at risk in a World Cup year must also be weighing on his mind, as he's not quite sure of the reaction he's going to get. Of course, we know he's going to be welcomed back and played as much as possible - otherwise, what was the point of keeping him? But he doesn't know that fir sure, hence these clear the air talks and, I expect, withdrawing his request and an apology.

Barcelona, meanwhile, can **** off and try their dirty tactics on another club although, maybe, LFC has done everyone a favour by standing firm, they might find a few other clubs do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steppag1 View Post
    I find it quite funny how some fans are asking for a written statement saying sorry to the fans, will it make people feel better and that's a genuine question?
    Shocking really that there are supporters who actually need an apology... If he doesn't leave I won't need an apology all I will expect is that he does what he is capable of out on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    He wanted to leave and who could blame him... What's pathetic is how this window has panned out... Cou wanted to leave, the club isn't going to let him so it's only natural talks need to happen and I'm not sure exactly what is pathetic about that
    I hope the injury was genuine. If it was, then I think handing in a transfer request is not a big deal. The only part of it that was dodgy was emailing it in, and the but about him not getting on with Klopp. Everything else was fair in my opinion. Coutinho isn't the only player to hand in a transfer request this summer. This is football, this happens.

All will be forgiven if he scores and assists against Arsenal on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaToure View Post
    But theyre not are they. They are spoilt kids. Look at Sterling, Look at Neymar, look at Wilshire, Deli Ali (most i have to say are English with the foreign players who have played in the Pl just behind them). its greed and a sense of entitlement and a feeling nurtured by fans, press and club that they are better than they are. Ask yourself this: What has Kane achieved? What has Wilshire achieved? What has Ali achieved? Sterling has one league cup winners medal. As the Specials said, too much too young.

Gerrard came closer to leaving Liverpool in 2005, Suarez wanted out as well in that he was forced to train alone (or with u23's). Both were welcomed back and actually played better.

I hope for the same from Coutinho. Don't expect or want an apology, just do all that on the pitch

Not a written statement or any apology, just something acknowledging what has happened and that he's looking forward to playing for us again. Im not sure "just" producing on the pitch is sufficient.

Are you ok with him saying his relationship with Klopp has broken down etc. and still walking back into the team as if nothing happened?

Why are there double standards at the club? Why banish Sakho and roll out the red carpet for Coutinho? I am not interested in the semantics of the debate of club rules etc. Sakho broke some rules and by feigning injury and releasing unauthorized press briefings, Coutinho also broke club rules. So Coutinho gets off scott free?

And he has the gall to come and blame Barcelona now.. is he not a grown up man? Take responsibility for your words and deeds ffs

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Shocking really that there are supporters who actually need an apology... If he doesn't leave I won't need an apology all I will expect is that he does what he is capable of out on the pitch
    The transfer request will have to be withdrawn and that's for the club to decide if they need an apology, I don't think it does, but the bit about him intending to never play for the club again, and the slurs about Klopp, if true, WILL need to be addressed.

He hasnt said anything himself, and so there is some doubt as to the authenticity of these claims but, if as suggested, these clear the air talks include his reps blaming Barca and for putting up family members to stir things, then I think we can assume Other allegations (never wanting to play for the club again and stuff about Klopp) also had some truth to them.

There would be no clear the-air talks necessary if it was a straightforward transfer request, but it's been far from that, and his reps know it.

I expect more to be leaked from his side over the coming days. Barca have a lot of flak coming their way, and rightly so but, ultimately, its coutinho who plays for LFC, and he needs to do the right thing by the club, certainly, and also by its supporters, if he wants to prevent any kind of lingering bad feeling. It's an important season for us and fir him and we all need to be in it together. He'll get enough hassle from away fans, without his own turning on him.
    Last edited by KOPGIRL1971; Today at 17:57.

We should not we'll I certainly won't, blame him for wanting to go to Barca, after all they are the Yellow Brick Road to so many South American players. From childhood he has been brought up to see that Barca was to destination all aspired too. Anyway I supported the club to sell him as a player who doesn't want to play for us is not to my preference. I want hungry players who will give everything for the shirt, the badge and his team mates, maybe that's old fashioned in the world now. Anyway if he doesn't go then no apology is wanted by me but just to knuckle down and play in the way he can. It will be difficult for many, team mates, club staff and of course the management.

slimman is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Not a written statement or any apology, just something acknowledging what has happened and that he's looking forward to playing for us again. Im not sure "just" producing on the pitch is sufficient.
    I'm not that bothered either way but Klopp, his immediate boss might want that sort of thing. Klopp values us fans a lot so he might want Coutinho to do a "public apology" to make the player see that there are consequences to these kinds of action now that he has it absolutely crystal clear he isn't going to be sold.

Could be the official public way for him to let the world know he's being re-introduced back into the squad.