Notices
Closed Thread
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 3,661 to 3,682 of 3682

Thread: Philippe Coutinho: FSG Statement (Page 4) "no offers for Philippe will be considered"

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    He's a parasite, a grub, a Judas parasitic grub
    No he's not. So precious.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    He's a parasite, a grub, a Judas parasitic grub
    The equivalent of saying 'beauty is skin' deep and you are happy with your girlfriend but when beautiful (but fading) shows interest you start dissing your girlfriend in an attempt to get with the model.

robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    No way!

We have a long history of not getting good transfers in (esp with the Suarez money), to sell would be stupid.
    Makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    When you re-read this interview Coutinho gave a week after signing his contract, it makes what he's done over the last month even more sickening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ina-Spain.html

Courted by the Spanish media, Coutinho, 24, was front-page news recently when Sport reported: 'Objetivo Coutinho' and insisted he had 'Barcelona DNA . . . a Brazilian of pure talent'. He is aware of the noise, but shakes his head to deny the appeal.
    'I believe in finding somewhere you can express yourself, play without fear, play with everything you have. When you find that place, stay. This club, Liverpool, it has a plan. To be back on the top and that's what I believe in. I want to be part of that
    .:FP:
    I'd like to hear what he thinks of the club's work over the summer, as Wowbagger started off with him seeing some great players leave.

People take Coutinho's words as hot air but what if players think the same of the club when no improvements are made.

People gave out about Torres but to be fair to him the club was in a sorry state and he was actually right about how long it would take for the club to sort itself out,we're only getting close now and there's still a ****load of work to do.

Coutinho looks at Barca and sees Messi, Suarez (who he already loves) and Dembele as strikers, and then he looks at what we've got. His mate Firmino is the same as him, an Attacking Midfielder now having to play striker because the ones we have aren't good or reliable enough, and all we've done about it is sign a 19yr old Solanke for 3m who is one for the fututre.

He sees Sturridge who he knows is already in the twilight of his career with endless injuries and continually scuppered appearances.
    He sees Danny Ings who's just missed one season after another with crippling injuries, and Origi who will never be anything more at this club than 3rd or 4th choice back up.

Maybe had we been more careful with VVD and signed him already and addressed the striker situation by replacing one or two of ours with a true world class talent he'd be more inclined to think we were title challengers.

But no, we're still the same old Liverpool, messing up in the transfer window, leaving the squad short of top talent where it's urgently needed, and still leaking goals against poor sides.

Barcelona is a far superior side, anyone blaming Coutinho for wanting to go there is deluded about this club. He's given us 6 years and become our best player with no sign of anyone better coming in. You cannot blame him for wanting to join Barcelona, desperately.

I'll do nothing but wish him all the best on Monday if we agree a deal with them, and then immediately look at our own club to see what they'll do about it.

Blaming Coutinho is pointless and bitter, and this is not Everton, we are not supposed to be bitter, we're supposed to be bigger than any player, and that means not being bitter when one of them leaves.

If the club can fill the hole he leaves then he has to go. It's better than keeping someone who doesn't want to be here.
    I'm assuming that we do have options if we've given them a deadline for tomorrow, so let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    When you re-read this interview Coutinho gave a week after signing his contract, it makes what he's done over the last month even more sickening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ina-Spain.html

Courted by the Spanish media, Coutinho, 24, was front-page news recently when Sport reported: 'Objetivo Coutinho' and insisted he had 'Barcelona DNA . . . a Brazilian of pure talent'. He is aware of the noise, but shakes his head to deny the appeal.
    'I believe in finding somewhere you can express yourself, play without fear, play with everything you have. When you find that place, stay. This club, Liverpool, it has a plan. To be back on the top and that's what I believe in. I want to be part of that
    .:FP:

Not surprised by this one bit.

robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    I'd like to hear what he thinks of the club's work over the summer, as Wowbagger started off with him seeing some great players leave.

People take Coutinho's words as hot air but what if players think the same of the club when no improvements are made.

People gave out about Torres but to be fair to him the club was in a sorry state and he was actually right about how long it would take for the club to sort itself out,we're only getting close now and there's still a ****load of work to do.

Coutinho looks a t Barca and sees Messi, Suarez (who he already loves) and Dembele as strikers, and then he looks at what we've got. His mate Firmino is the same as him, an Attacking Midfielder now having to play striker because the ones we have aren't good or reliable enough, and all we've done about it is sign a 19yr old Solanke for 3m who is one for the fututre.

He sees Sturridge who he knows is already in the twilight of his career with endless injuries and continually scuppered appearances.
    He sees Danny Ings who's just missed one season after another with crippling injuries, and Origi who will never be anything more at this club than 3rd or 4th choice back up.

Maybe had we been more careful with VVD and signed him already and addressed the striker situation by replacing one or two of hours with a true world class talent he'd be more inclined to think we were title challengers.

But no, we're still the same old Liverpool, messing up in the transfer window, leaving the squad short of top talent where it's urgently needed, and still leaking goals against poor sides.

Barcelona is a far superior side, anyone blaming Coutinho for wanting to go there is deluded about this club. He's given us 6 years and become our best player with no sign of anyone better coming in. You cannot blame him for wanting to join Barcelona, desperately.

I'll do nothing but wish him all the best on Monday if we agree a deal with them, and then immediately look at our own club to see what they'll do about it.

Blaming Coutinho is pointless and bitter, and this is not Everton, we are not supposed to be bitter, we're supposed to be bigger than any player, and that means not being bitter when one of them leaves.

If the club can fill the hole he leaves then he has to go. It's better than keeping someone who doesn't want to be here.
    I'm assuming that we do have options if we've given them a deadline for tomorrow, so let's see.
    I hope he goes but not because I feel sorry for him.

Don't know why I didn't think of this until right now either :FP:

If a deal with Barca is spread out over 5 years, I'm quite sure FSG could loan any money in the meantime that might be needed for any up front payments now for signings.

The previous offer with the ridiculous add ons was a joke, so that will be removed from the next bid if we're ever going to agree.

We'd have to be looking at a guaranteed 110m with reasonably achievable add ons such as winning the league. Winning the CL. Separately, none of this multiple targets in one season nonsense. Appearances, number of goals scored, whatever. To a total of 140m

If it wasn't for the state of this window we wouldn't be looking at anywhere near that amount so some perspective will need to be taken.

Assuming we already have money for VVD and Keita, we've got all the Coutinho money to spend on replacements.

Vardy's being touted at 40m, Oxelaide for 35m, should still be enough for another top talent.

Plus we'll be getting 30m for Sakho off Pulis.

I'm not counting chickens but I think this week could turn out to be very busy, as it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by robbieflowerpot View Post
    I hope he goes but not because I feel sorry for him.
    I don't feel sorry for him either, I just had a look through his eyes and can't bring myself to blame him at all for wanting to join Barca.

Even as a die hard Liverpool fan playing for Liverpool, would be mighty hard turning down the chance to play alongside the best players in the world.

Live in Spain, love Barcelona myself it's a great city, amazing stadium, and so on.

I don't feel sorry for him either, I just had a look through his eyes and can't bring myself to blame him at all for wanting to join Barca.

Even as a die hard Liverpool fan playing for Liverpool, would be mighty hard turning down the chance to play alongside the best players in the world.

Live in Spain, love Barcelona myself it's a great city, amazing stadium, and so on.
    Its not his want to leave (or underlying reasons) that people are bothered about. Its the timing and antics.

Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post
    Its not his want to leave (or underlying reasons) that people are bothered about. Its the timing and antics.
    Never mind that. Happens all the time, and it won't be the last time it happens at this club. I predict the next player to follow suit will be Firmino next summer.

This has been going on for a few weeks now, we always knew there was a risk so there should have been some level of preparation and foresight even if we didn't expect a transfer request.

If you desperately wanted to accept a brilliant new job offer but your employer was tying you down to a contract in a job you'd lost all the will to stay in, wouldn't you look for a way out?

There's no point taking notice of all the carry on. Doesn't affect us wanting to sign VVD and he's had a much worse strop than Coutinho.

Never mind that. Happens all the time, and it won't be the last time it happens at this club. I predict the next player to follow suit will be Firmino next summer.

This has been going on for a few weeks now, we always knew there was a risk so there should have been some level of preparation and foresight even if we didn't expect a transfer request.

If you desperately wanted to accept a brilliant new job offer but your employer was tying you down to a contract in a job you'd lost all the will to stay in, wouldn't you look for a way out?

There's no point taking notice of all the carry on. Doesn't affect us wanting to sign VVD and he's had a much worse strop than Coutinho.
    Before going through the process of this brilliant new job, I'd understand exactly what was required in terms of notice period. If I was on a fixed term contract, I would ensure I followed all of the exit clauses, penalty clauses etc. I wouldn't want to leave a job with a sour taste in my old employer's mouths as its a small world.

But we know the football world is different to the real world - in my opinion, that still doesn't excuse a lack of ethics or class... and yes, the likes of VVD, and even worse Costa and Dembele have done much worse than Coutinho.

But at the end of the day, our owners responsibility (and our concern) should be for the good of the club overall, and Phil leaving at this late stage is not good for the club overall (we know we won't be able to spend the money properly).

If the rumours are to be believed, he is now looking to say he will stay for another year as long as we agree to let him go to Barca next year... I don't think he realises he holds absolutely no cards at all. He is in no position to make demands.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Could do with a new Coutinho thread if someone wants to do the honours

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Btw can we please add "Coudas" to the swear filter.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Btw can we please add "Coudas" to the swear filter.
    Hopefully that 'word' will be redundant by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Thought it was only the twitter threads that had a max number of pages?

We're still on topic of no offers being considered so might as well wait until window closes

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post

We're still on topic of no offers being considered so might as well wait until window closes
    Any thread over 100 pages

LJOC - I gave it a go.

Guys he's still a Liverpool player....

Could do without all the death threats and what not

Oh god no :FP:

Hysterical is the only word for it. Did we have this reaction in the summer of 2013 with Suarez? Really?

If we get another year out of him (and has huge incentive for that to be a cracking year doesnt he) then id be pleased.

However until this mad window shuts im not negative or positive about his position.

LJOC - I gave it a go.
    That's ok, could do with a specific one for Coutinho, I'll do one now.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator

It's for all threads...because threads that get too big slow the servers down...causing even bigger problems when traffic is very high.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.