Notices
Closed Thread
Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 3682

Thread: Philippe Coutinho: FSG Statement (Page 4) "no offers for Philippe will be considered"

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    Nah it's just his agent now. If he wants to go to Barca now, it needs to get ugly. So Phil said 'yes' and that's why we're reading all this crap. And transfer requests by email.

If he's not sold by September 1st I guarantee you he'll regret it and apologize.
    From Klopp's perspective, it's finito reading between the lines of what he has said. It won't change if Coutinho is still here by September in my opinion.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    From Klopp's perspective, it's finito reading between the lines of what he has said. It won't change if Coutinho is still here by September in my opinion.
    Probably. And to be fair Klopp might win over the owners now too, he clearly doesn't want him in the squad.

It's why transfer window should be closed before the first game of the season. Crucial games to play with this **** going on.

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    Yes, knowing him I think it would be very difficult for him to accept that Coutinho will be a player in the squad next season after what he has said. He is done with it and now is down to the money man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Yes, knowing him I think it would be very difficult for him to accept that Coutinho will be a player in the squad next season after what he has said. He is done with it and now is down to the money man.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Roy View Post
    Brilliant post and well put.

I have no idea what it means though. I just like the number.
    Last edited by Cullenator; 13-8-17 at 09:54.

Couple of points I wish to make:

1) When Klopp said it was all up to the owners now, what I think he was really saying was: "Guys, the season has started, I need to concentrate on making my team win games, which are coming thick and fast. I no longer have the time nor inclination to be answering questions about what Coutinho's situation is. So from now on for the next few weeks, either you get someone in ownership to answer you, or I'm going to keep shrugging my shoulders and asking you to ask ownership."

2) Suarez, if I remember correctly, did NOT have a release clause in his contract when Arsenal tried to do a cheapo job.

3) A contract is binding for the period it is for, in this case five years - unless it gives either or both parties the option to terminate it either immediately (which is usually unlikely since it would defeat the whole purpose of having a contract in the first place) or by giving notice to terminate within an agreed period. Contracts can of course also be terminated by inserting release clauses, which we understand is not in Coutinho's new contract. So since these kinds of "escape" clauses reportedly are not in the contract, FSG do hold all the legal cards. They may let him go due to other considerations, but Coutinho CANNOT force his way out legally.

4) I don't think Klopp takes this personally in his professional capacity. I realize Sakho is in the doghouse, but it must have been something really egregious for him to be so badly banished. I'm sure all Klopp wants is players who will perform as he expects them to. He is a pro, and aware that his job is all about winning football games. So if Coutinho stays, I don't see Klopp throwing a fit about reintegrating him into the team, as long as Coutinho returns with the right attitude.

5) I keep hearing that Liverpool's transfer window was a "disaster". Really? Just because the media say so? So Mohamed Salah, Dom Solanke and Andy Robertson are "disasters"? Funny that no one in the media calls United's transfer window a "disaster" when they could not land Griezmann, Morata, Bale, Ronaldo - the list goes on. Dropping 75 million on Lukaku looks more of a disaster to me than dropping 3 million or so on Solanke. It takes two to tango - if Leipzig and Southampton do not want to sell their players, why blame Liverpool for that? And Klopp should be praised for wanting specific individuals for what they can bring, and not settling for those who cannot provide what he wants just to make a transfer splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopola View Post

1) When Klopp said it was all up to the owners now, what I think he was really saying was: "Guys, the season has started, I need to concentrate on making my team win games, which are coming thick and fast. I no longer have the time nor inclination to be answering questions about what Coutinho's situation is. So from now on for the next few weeks, either you get someone in ownership to answer you, or I'm going to keep shrugging my shoulders and asking you to ask ownership."

2) Suarez, if I remember correctly, did NOT have a release clause in his contract when Arsenal tried to do a cheapo job.

3) A contract is binding for the period it is for, in this case five years - unless it gives either or both parties the option to terminate it either immediately (which is usually unlikely since it would defeat the whole purpose of having a contract in the first place) or by giving notice to terminate within an agreed period. Contracts can of course also be terminated by inserting release clauses, which we understand is not in Coutinho's new contract. So since these kinds of "escape" clauses reportedly are not in the contract, FSG do hold all the legal cards. They may let him go due to other considerations, but Coutinho CANNOT force his way out legally.

4) I don't think Klopp takes this personally in his professional capacity. I realize Sakho is in the doghouse, but it must have been something really egregious for him to be so badly banished. I'm sure all Klopp wants is players who will perform as he expects them to. He is a pro, and aware that his job is all about winning football games. So if Coutinho stays, I don't see Klopp throwing a fit about reintegrating him into the team, as long as Coutinho returns with the right attitude.

5) I keep hearing that Liverpool's transfer window was a "disaster". Really? Just because the media say so? So Mohamed Salah, Dom Solanke and Andy Robertson are "disasters"? Funny that no one in the media calls United's transfer window a "disaster" when they could not land Griezmann, Morata, Bale, Ronaldo - the list goes on. Dropping 75 million on Lukaku looks more of a disaster to me than dropping 3 million or so on Solanke. It takes two to tango - if Leipzig and Southampton do not want to sell their players, why blame Liverpool for that? And Klopp should be praised for wanting specific individuals for what they can bring, and not settling for those who cannot provide what he wants just to make a transfer splash.
    Now you're only being sensible Kopola - stop it.

The sky has fallen and everything LFC is disintegrating.

Get a grip and just slander.

It's the in thing.

NY Mike is online now First team regular

Because they are not the only CBs and MFs in the world. The club needs to gets its act together. The time for excuses is over.

Because they are not the only CBs and MFs in the world. The club needs to gets its act together. The time for excuses is over.
    These are meaningless slogans. Last time I looked, we have a pretty decent team. We are in the Champions League, and we did score three goals today. Does the defence need work? Of course. But that does not mean Klopp goes and buys any old CB or MF just because his first choice is not available. And "any old CB and MF" they might target will still need somebody wanting to sell them.

Let's be realistic. Arsenal shipped three goals yesterday, Chelsea shipped three today. Manchester City huffed and puffed for 70 minutes against arguably the weakest of the three promoted teams before scoring a goal - the only one they scored. We lost today because of bad officiating at the end. Obviously, we should not even have been in a position to draw the game, but the fact is, if that final offside goal hadn't gone in, we would probably all have been writing about how great the Reds' powers of recovery were. That's the way it goes. Win, and everything you did is right. Lose, and the same things you did become wrong.

I don't know who has made what "excuses". We were prepared to pay the price for Virjil Van Dijk and Keita. The clubs who own them were not interested.

It's just the first game of the season. But starting Tuesday if they don't get the results over the next two weeks, then we really have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Now that's what I like to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by VingtDieux View Post
    Maybe the lack of transfers and ambition shown by the club over the summer have swayed him? Who knows?
    Or seeing the VVD shambles play out. Amateur club run by amateurs.

These are meaningless slogans. Last time I looked, we have a pretty decent team. We are in the Champions League, and we did score three goals today. Does the defence need work? Of course. But that does not mean Klopp goes and buys any old CB or MF just because his first choice is not available. And "any old CB and MF" they might target will still need somebody wanting to sell them.

Let's be realistic. Arsenal shipped three goals yesterday, Chelsea shipped three today. Manchester City huffed and puffed for 70 minutes against arguably the weakest of the three promoted teams before scoring a goal - the only one they scored. We lost today because of bad officiating at the end. Obviously, we should not even have been in a position to draw the game, but the fact is, if that final offside goal hadn't gone in, we would probably all have been writing about how great the Reds' powers of recovery were. That's the way it goes. Win, and everything you did is right. Lose, and the same things you did become wrong.

I don't know who has made what "excuses". We were prepared to pay the price for Virjil Van Dijk and Keita. The clubs who own them were not interested.

It's just the first game of the season. But starting Tuesday if they don't get the results over the next two weeks, then we really have a problem.
    You do have to ask this question though, Kopola:

What if Keita and VVD are never available, or someone else buys them (and there is a very good chance of that happening, be that now, in January or next summer - no guarantees at all that we will get either of them)? Do we never ever buy another CM or CB and strengthen those absolutely necessary positions, because those two were unavailable? If the answer to that is "Of course not, we buy someone else", then why do we just not buy that 'someone else' now?

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards

You're focusing too much on one game and then expanding that to the next two weeks. We might win the next 4 games or lose the next 4 games. It doesn't change what we need in the squad at all.

We're not saying get any old centre back or midfielder. There are enough CBs and CMs in the world who would enhance our team. Spitting your dummy out and sticking to just your first choice only is quite frankly negligent management of the team.

so if the scenario plays out like what seems to be the rumour happening this morning

FSG will not sell Coutinho, but Klopp now wants to sell...

How will people judge this?

I have no idea of if this is true or not, but just whats being said this morning

Lol Dortmund don't muck about.

I hope no one sells them anyone this summer and they end up panic buying $ 150 million worth of *****.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/dortm...d1vjd0try7xw55
    “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

We didn't lose yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    so if the scenario plays out like what seems to be the rumour happening this morning

I have no idea of if this is true or not, but just whats being said this morning
    There is no good reason why FSG would not want to sell if the manager does and in that unlikely scenario that would be indeed pretty troublesome news.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post

What if Keita and VVD are never available, or someone else buys them (and there is a very good chance of that happening, be that now, in January or next summer - no guarantees at all that we will get either of them)? Do we never ever buy another CM or CB and strengthen those absolutely necessary positions, because those two were unavailable? If the answer to that is "Of course not, we buy someone else", then why do we just not buy that 'someone else' now?
    or, God help us, if Keita and Van Dijk wouldn't exist, what would we do?

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post

Perhaps we're expecting a couple of 'good' players to become brilliant players over the course of the season.
    You have to wonder if that does happen won't their respective clubs want to keep hold of them?
    Or maybe there'll be so much competition for their signatures we'll have no chance of getting them no matter how hard we try.

Are you saying the Klopp is right in thinking only Van Dijk and Keita will be an improvement over what we have?

If Van Dijk goes to say, Chelsea, will you wait for five years until his contract ends to sign him and not sign anyone in the meantime as only he is going to improve our defence? It's all a load of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    or, God help us, if Keita and Van Dijk wouldn't exist, what would we do?
    Ha ha. Shut down the club...There are no other players in World Football

So, what happens if Klopp's prime targets are never available, for whatever reason? Does he never sign any alternatives? Because, if that's the case, we are soon going to run into trouble.

One of the problems we had last season was lack of alternatives, for the injured and absentees (Mane in particular) so, assuming we play the same high intensity football again this season, we will again suffer burnout for the inevitable injuries that always come along.

There must surely be decent alternatives out there to buy, I refuse to believe otherwise. Quality is always a priority, taken, but, at this point in our project under Klopp, we need strength in depth as much as quality, especially with the possibility of an run in the CL.
    Last edited by KOPGIRL1971; 13-8-17 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post

Worry not, I believe Klopp and FSG have this all coordinated and planned betweeen them with regard to statements and comments. There is method to this - they would have discussed every scenario as soon as Neymar made his noises, they knew what was coming...and they have had time to be ready. Each comment from Klopp will be pre-agreed and in line with the FSG/Klopp strategy to managing this - which I believe is about keeping Phil for the season and getting his head focussed on LFC for that time. Even Gerrard's comments yesterday would have been part of that plan.

FSG are interested in 'Trades' -why don't they tell Barcelona to negotiate deals for VVD and Keita for us, throw in £15k for good 'knees up' and Couts is yours?
    We did similar with Chelsea with Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Worry not, I believe Klopp and FSG have this all coordinated and planned betweeen them with regard to statements and comments. There is method to this - they would have discussed every scenario as soon as Neymar made his noises, they knew what was coming...and they have had time to be ready. Each comment from Klopp will be pre-agreed and in line with the FSG/Klopp strategy to managing this - which I believe is about keeping Phil for the season and getting his head focussed on LFC for that time. Even Gerrard's comments yesterday would have been part of that plan.
    The club is protecting Klopp and Klopp is protecting the player. By making this an issue with the club owners, on 3 September, if Coutinho is still a Liverpool player, Klopp can still have a good working relationship with him. And Klopp can tell Coutinho that he wants to keep him but in any case, it is out of his hands if he goes. This avoids Coutinho's camp putting pressure on Klopp.

Klopp is also protecting Coutinho by making this an issue between him and FSG, and not between Coutinho and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Brilliant post and well put.

I have no idea what it means though. I just like the number.
    Check the OP

GET Pogba, you Barca idiots

Post purchase Bias? I suppose the VVD saga is all to do with trying to get him in the cheap