Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Season - Pre-Match Press Conference Thread

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Jürgen Klopp and a first-team player will preview Liverpool's opening Champions League group-stage fixture with Sevilla at an Anfield press conference on Tuesday night - and you can watch it live and for free from 7.20pm BST.

The boss will be joined by a member of his squad as the Reds get ready to tackle the La Liga side at home on Wednesday evening.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Why are Champions League press conferences on at such odd times?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Why are Champions League press conferences on at such odd times?
    Just a guess, but maybe the players are training around 19.45 tonight, to replicate conditions tomorrow? Jurgen can then do the press conference before hand.

Edit: Scrap that, just seen that we have live training at 16.30.

Klopp before the press at 1.00 pm.

No doubt we will get the questions regarding Coutinho, however really would like to know about the defending situation. I love our attacking style play but as everybody knows you don't win anything with a poor defence. Also I would question his decision to play Karius in the CL, and if it happens Ward in the cup games. That does not make for a settled defending group. Hope we get sone hacks enquiring as to why he would do this.

Always an interesting press conference with Klopp. As personable as he is, he really seems to hate addressing questions.

I thought it was interesting when he said Robertson has looked great, but Moreno's play has made it harder for him to get in the match.

I could have sworn he alluded to the press affecting the confidence of his players.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MonagFam View Post
    Always an interesting press conference with Klopp. As personable as he is, he really seems to hate addressing questions.

I thought it was interesting when he said Robertson has looked great, but Moreno's play has made it harder for him to get in the match.

I could have sworn he alluded to the press affecting the confidence of his players.
    No...he wasn't saying that.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Klopp before the press at 1.00 pm.

No doubt we will get the questions regarding Coutinho, however really would like to know about the defending situation. I love our attacking style play but as everybody knows you don't win anything with a poor defence. Also I would question his decision to play Karius in the CL, and if it happens Ward in the cup games. That does not make for a settled defending group. Hope we get sone hacks enquiring as to why he would do this.
    What would you like to know that you can't see with your own eyes. Individual mistakes are killing us. I know this, you know this, Klopp knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    No...he wasn't saying that.
    I may have misunderstood what he was saying. It was on the heels of talking about how exciting these players are.

I also just started work and seeing the kids off to school, so my focus wasn't there 100%.

I know I wouldn't like to ask him a question in a press conference, but i think he would be awesome to talk to in pretty much any other setting.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    What would you like to know that you can't see with your own eyes. Individual mistakes are killing us. I know this, you know this, Klopp knows this.
    He did say that some of the goals started with other mistakes outside of the central defenders. I think he specifically mentioned five mistakes leading to the first Sevilla goal?

Even Vegetable Lasagna here knows it

Then maybe those 'individuals' should'nt be regular starters for an elite club?

Buying someone better than Lovren/Klavan (besides VVD) was entirely possible this past window....and also, doing that would'nt have prevented us getting VVD in next year!

Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    Then maybe those 'individuals' should'nt be regular starters for an elite club?

Buying someone better than Lovren/Klavan (besides VVD) was entirely possible this past window....and also, doing that would'nt have prevented us getting VVD in next year!
    Right but he can't change that right now can he? So he's not going to publicly destroy the players he does have, what purpose would that serve?

Quote Originally Posted by MonagFam View Post
    He did say that some of the goals started with other mistakes outside of the central defenders. I think he specifically mentioned five mistakes leading to the first Sevilla goal?
    I didn't see the press conference but there is loads of mistakes in that goal alone.

Right but he can't change that right now can he? So he's not going to publicly destroy the players he does have, what purpose would that serve?
    Not saying he should do that at all. But perhaps he should stop referring to 'individual mistakes' as the main problem, given that he didnt properly address the 'individuals' aspect of the team. By continuing to say its more individual errors than structural errors (for 2 years now) would or should raise the question of why all of the same back-end players (except Sakho) are actually still here & starting.

That is it exactly. It would be more damning had he said anything else.

Was in regard to any specific action he was taking. However in the press conference he alluded to not the shape or style but the number of individual errors. On the subject of changing, rotating the back and goal keepers he seemed convinced it was the right thing to do.

Jürgen Klopp will preview Liverpool's Carabao Cup clash with Leicester City at Melwood on Monday - and you can watch the boss' press conference live from 1pm BST.

Klopp: "Can you tell me the line-up of Leicester? Well then (don't expect me to tell you mine!)"

Klopp: "I'm not sure the world is ready for such a crazy decision, a third goalkeeper in one season! Danny Ward will play tomorrow"

Klopp: "I have pressure, but it cannot be bigger than the pressure I put on myself."

Klopp: "I'm not overly happy with our situation, but I know why it is."

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Klopp: "I'm not sure the world is ready for such a crazy decision, a third goalkeeper in one season! Danny Ward will play tomorrow"
    Want to see how he gets on.

Klopp gives away 3 of his starting line-up in @dan_ward52, @Alex_OxChambo & Marko Grujic. "That's three, no more"

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    He deserves his chance to prove himself too. I'd give him the two domestic cup competitions.
    I'm guessing by seasons end, Karius will be our first choice keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    He deserves his chance to prove himself too. I'd give him the two domestic cup competitions.
    I'm guessing by seasons end, Karius will be our first choice keeper.
    I prefer Karius to Mignolet anyway and I like Danny Ward, good, strong, reliable keeper. If it were me I'd sell Mignolet.

Set for 1pm today. Klopp pre Leicester game chat with the hacks. The obvious questions of the defence and how he can I still confidence after the recent run of poor results will be asked I am sure.

I suspect that nothing other than we are on the training ground taking care of business will be put up as remedy.

His last post press conference clearly indicated and revealed his frustration at the poor goals we have been conceding and his statement that he would be in a better mood for this I am sure will prevail.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Set for 1pm today. Klopp pre Leicester game chat with the hacks. The obvious questions of the defence and how he can I still confidence after the recent run of poor results will be asked I am sure.

I suspect that nothing other than we are on the training ground taking care of business will be put up as remedy.

His last post press conference clearly indicated and revealed his frustration at the poor goals we have been conceding and his statement that he would be in a better mood for this I am sure will prevail.
    I'm not interested in what he has to say after that nonsense post match on Tuesday. Just sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    I'm not interested in what he has to say after that nonsense post match on Tuesday. Just sort it out.

Well you aren't being forced to watch and would take issue with you on your reference to nonsense.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Well you aren't being forced to watch and would take issue with you on your reference to nonsense.
    He's sick of conceding goals like this but it falls on him. If we change the defenders and the same thing is happening, is that purely a personnel issue or does it suggest there is an issue with the coaching?

Klopp on Lovren back injury: "He's not in training and is a doubt for the weekend. Matip and Can also have bits from the last game."

Klopp: "You can imagine the difficulty of our situation. We play really well but don't score often enough so far."