Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Season - Pre-Match Press Conference Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Klopp on Lovren back injury: "He's not in training and is a doubt for the weekend. Matip and Can also have bits from the last game."

Klopp: "You can imagine the difficulty of our situation. We play really well but don't score often enough so far."
    Klavan or Gomez then. Choose your poison.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Has anyone mentioned how incredibly stupid it was not buying a centre back this summer?

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Should be a CL PC at about 17:00, JK and one of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Should be a CL PC at about 17:00, JK and one of the players.
    Karius I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterC10 View Post
    Karius I think.
    Yep, just seen that.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    What in the **** is this press conference

'Do you love any of your players'

I’ll get me coat then eh.

Karius being asked if he has watched Lev Yashin

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    *********** hell! How old do they do they think he is?

Glad I didn't listen to the presser now. It sounded cringeworthy.
    YNWA

Karius has answered questions very well, especially since English is not his first language and some questions, such as the one about if he wants to play in the Premier League, could have been answered poorly ( He said that he has the Champions' League to show the manager what he can do and, of course he wants to play in the Premier League). Karius is still young for a goalkeeper, but I am optimistic that he will improve to the point where he will be better than Mignolet, who is less likely to improve because of his age and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Toredo View Post
    Karius has answered questions very well, especially since English is not his first language and some questions, such as the one about if he wants to play in the Premier League, could have been answered poorly ( He said that he has the Champions' League to show the manager what he can do and, of course he wants to play in the Premier League). Karius is still young for a goalkeeper, but I am optimistic that he will improve to the point where he will be better than Mignolet, who is less likely to improve because of his age and personality.
    For his presence and charisma alone, I like Karius. I just wish he stopped worrying about his looks and nails a tad.

I like Ward better tho. He shows so much presence between the goal posts and there is some bossness about his moves. And he takes care of the standard PL high ball in the box very well.

Ward is the keeper to lose if ever Klopp makes that fatal decision to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    is that a ^^^!! movie?

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    For his presence and charisma alone, I like Karius. I just wish he stopped worrying about his looks and nails a tad.

I like Ward better tho. He shows so much presence between the goal posts and there is some bossness about his moves. And he takes care of the standard PL high ball in the box very well.

Ward is the keeper to lose if ever Klopp makes that fatal decision to sell him.
    I think that's one thing he doesn't have to worry about.

1pm press conference today

Spurs PC under way, not on LFCTV yet though.

Is it just me or does Klopp speak German really fast? I took years and years of German (most of which I have forgotten), but he was hard to follow. The media member asking the question was a more natural speed.

For others that listened, what was the Lovren question? All I know is Klopp seemed to equate their coverage with being someone that would film an accident rather than help those involved.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Spurs PC under way, not on LFCTV yet though.
    Was live and free on youtube via the website.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MonagFam View Post
    Is it just me or does Klopp speak German really fast? I took years and years of German (most of which I have forgotten), but he was hard to follow. The media member asking the question was a more natural speed.

For others that listened, what was the Lovren question? All I know is Klopp seemed to equate their coverage with being someone that would film an accident rather than help those involved.
    Hopefully Dejan's been cut from the wreckage and dragged to a place of safety.

Happy to say I can understand Klopp when he speaks German no problem at all. Thats probably because he speaks with a Badische accent, something I'm familiar with, nahh he doesn't speak fast, just normal. The reporter was , well, a reporter, they have to speak clearly anyway I suppose.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Baros--5 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned how incredibly stupid it was not buying a centre back this summer?
    Pretty sure no one’s mentioned that before now.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    So Coutinho still has an outside chance of being fit but I doubt he'll be risked. His thoughts on Lovren:

“You have no idea how it feels. I’m not the kind of person to stand around with a smart phone rather than helping.

“When I think about Dejan there are a lot more positive things than negatives ones. Everything is ok. He’s had good week.”

Injury update:

“After international break Lallana and Mane should be back.

“Hopefully they can be part of normal training in that break.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amidared View Post
    Happy to say I can understand Klopp when he speaks German no problem at all. Thats probably because he speaks with a Badische accent, something I'm familiar with, nahh he doesn't speak fast, just normal. The reporter was , well, a reporter, they have to speak clearly anyway I suppose.

Thanks! Maybe it was just the change of pace. What was the gist of what Klopp said?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Thanks! Maybe it was just the change of pace. What was the gist of what Klopp said?
    Translated via google...

"Simon and Dejan start, Millie as striker...no...I'll never buy anther DM or CB...so stop asking..."

Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

When can I watch the recorded Pre Match Press Conference?

I went on to home page and clicked what interview but then it says Press Conference will start shortly!

Can someone direct me to where I can watch.

Thanks

Sounds like this was it: https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/st...93902003798016

Load of rubbish though, as is becoming the norm.

At the end in German? The reporter said that Klopp is an alte hase, literally an old rabbit but meaning more an 'old hand' in the footie world and whether or not playing against an old friend is something new and how he feels about it. Klopp answered that he has many friends in football, trainers, sport directors etc in different clubs. That when he played Dortmund against Mainz that before and after the game it was different but during the game it was normal, competitive etc etc. Klopp then said how good it was that Wagner has been successful and he looks forward to the game. Reporter asked if they'd had a side bet, an evening meal or similar and Klopp answered that they've already had so many meals together and that it's far too serious a situation to be having side bets. Thats about it really apart from them both hoping they both get as many points as possible, just not against each other, basically.

I had to go back and watch it again to make sure though.

At the end in German? The reporter said that Klopp is an alte hase, literally an old rabbit but meaning more an 'old hand' in the footie world and whether or not playing against an old friend is something new and how he feels about it. Klopp answered that he has many friends in football, trainers, sport directors etc in different clubs. That when he played Dortmund against Mainz that before and after the game it was different but during the game it was normal, competitive etc etc. Klopp then said how good it was that Wagner has been successful and he looks forward to the game. Reporter asked if they'd had a side bet, an evening meal or similar and Klopp answered that they've already had so many meals together and that it's far too serious a situation to be having side bets. Thats about it really apart from them both hoping they both get as many points as possible, just not against each other, basically.

I had to go back and watch it again to make sure though.
    Thanks! Very much in line with what he already stated in English early in the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayub View Post
    When can I watch the recorded Pre Match Press Conference?

I went on to home page and clicked what interview but then it says Press Conference will start shortly!

Can someone direct me to where I can watch.

Thanks
    It starts at 11:53 into it, scroll along to the start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=3y5nsuRhwyw

It starts at 11:53 into it, scroll along to the start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=3y5nsuRhwyw
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    So Coutinho still has an outside chance of being fit but I doubt he'll be risked. His thoughts on Lovren:

You have no idea how it feels. I’m not the kind of person to stand around with a smart phone rather than helping.

“When I think about Dejan there are a lot more positive things than negatives ones. Everything is ok. He’s had good week.”

Injury update:

“After international break Lallana and Mane should be back.

“Hopefully they can be part of normal training in that break.”
    Sympathy for Lovren?! **** no! And now all is good? Jurgen might as well say he likes to drop points and lose games... This season is already starting to feel long