Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Watford Post Match

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I knew it was a mistake as soon as I saw him coming on.

I couldn't see the point of it. Why on earth change the make up of that back four at that time? You're right about taking off a forward player if need be. What Klopp did was ridiculous. The first thing Gomez did was tug a shirt and give away a free kick on the left near our box.

I really believe that he put on Gomez to give him a few minutes for his confidence. This in itself is totally insane considering we were protecting a one goal lead.
    Gomez is not good enough. He needs a season long loan to see if he can improve.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I knew it was a mistake as soon as I saw him coming on.

I couldn't see the point of it. Why on earth change the make up of that back four at that time? You're right about taking off a forward player if need be. What Klopp did was ridiculous. The first thing Gomez did was tug a shirt and give away a free kick on the left near our box.

I really believe that he put on Gomez to give him a few minutes for his confidence. This in itself is totally insane considering we were protecting a one goal lead.
    The absolutely obvious solution, if Klopp wanted to bring on Gomez, was to bring him on for Mane. Then have him back up Trent on the right.

Klopp is worryingly inept with subs and this hasn't improved at all in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Gomez is not good enough. He needs a season long loan to see if he can improve.
    I can't even be bothered to think about what to do with him. Just pretend he's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    The absolutely obvious solution, if Klopp wanted to bring on Gomez, was to bring him on for Mane. Then have him back up Trent on the right.

Klopp is worryingly inept with subs and this hasn't improved at all in 3 years.
    We were doing OK when we were still attacking. Taking off Salah started the problems I guess. As soon as Gomez made his cameo you just knew we were going to be hanging on for dear life. There was no reason to change the game when we were so comfortable. I'd have kept Salah on. He stretches teams and they get worried about a breakaway.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    And the worst thing was that he tried and failed to that against Bournemouth by taking off our best player. Failing to learn from your mistakes is inexcusable.
    Good point about the Bournemouth game, it was quite similar in the fact that we surrendered points despite scoring 3 away from home that should insure that you get a win. It was also similar in the fact that we capitulated so dramatically in the dying minutes with poor decision making from players and coach alike. They almost had a pop for number 4 as well before the whistle went - we shouldn't be falling to pieces like that having had the initiative.

I still think this squad lacks the necessary 'character' that typifies title contenders, this won't change until we add the much needed steel at the back and in the centre of midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    You missed a 3 all thriller mate, despite the killer ending it was a boss game of football. I'm not worried about Tuesday myself I think we'll get a result.
    Thanks, not only negative then. Thums up for Tuesday and Hoffenheim.

I agree with the substitutions, but what is more annoying is we should have been even able to see out the game if we subbed me on.

Origi is on my useless list atm.

The player who affected the way we played this game most was the player who was not there. Coutinho. As the team arrived you could see from their demeanour that the whole Coutinho situation had brought the manager and the players down. Klopp in particular looked haunted.

Only Mane seemed to have found the resolve to shrug the situation off and get on with the game in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    The player who affected the way we played this game most was the player who was not there. Coutinho. As the team arrived you could see from their demeanour that the whole Coutinho situation had brought the manager and the players down. Klopp in particular looked haunted.

Only Mane seemed to have found the resolve to shrug the situation off and get on with the game in hand.
    I disagree, we looked like how we looked in far too many games against the lower teams. Quite embarrassing really. Obviously, the Couthino issue is a big issue for the players, but not enough to get them off their game, these are professionals...or at least supposed to be