Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match

still recovering from how bad our midfield was.

can - 6/10 tried hard. gets a pass mark but too many silly errors.

henderson- 2/10. pre season hendo wasnt there today. back to negativity. was chasing shadows all day and the one time he bad to chase somebody he stood and let em score the 2nd.

wijnaldum- 1/10. worst performance in a red shirt. gave it away often, too many missed 50/50 challenges and be ******* the header at the end.

we really need a top class cm to come in. the above are all fine players on their day, just not at the same time
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Have to agree , absolute disgraceful performance , whether it was down to the disruption of the Coutinho saga I'm not sure , but even without him we should still have been able to perform better than that after such a promising pre season ??? but alas NO , Klopps team selection was poor , maybe he thought he was saving himself for the mid week game ??? but if we play like that , it will be the end of any European games for this season . Liverpool are NO good at this zonal marking , they do not know how to do it , clueless .
    Mignolet- 5 , Alexander Arnold -2 , Matip -5 , Lovren -5 , Moreno -3 , Can -6 , Wijnaldum -2 , HENDERSON -1 (UTTERLY USELESS ) , Mane 7.5, Salah 7.5, Firmino 8
    Have NO idea which game Klopp was watching??? but his after game interview , he seemed to think we player OK ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Pat View Post
    still recovering from how bad our midfield was.

can - 6/10 tried hard. gets a pass mark but too many silly errors.

henderson- 2/10. pre season hendo wasnt there today. back to negativity. was chasing shadows all day and the one time he bad to chase somebody he stood and let em score the 2nd.

wijnaldum- 1/10. worst performance in a red shirt. gave it away often, too many missed 50/50 challenges and be ******* the header at the end.

we really need a top class cm to come in. the above are all fine players on their day, just not at the same time
    Last edited by biggsy71; 13-8-17 at 03:41.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Can anybody explain to me why Gomez came on?

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Not if it has to make any sense...

Football like life is all about adjustments. Klopp is too stubborn with his tactics. No DM, no change of formation etc. Chelsea were struggling initially last season after back to back defeats against us and arsenal and Conte made a change with 3 at the back for the rest of the season. Lo and behold, the adjustment worked. Klopp is too stubborn to do that. I support him but he must realize that he has to change the system and make that adjustment. Atleast give 3-4-3 a try for once. We surely cant be any worse. Or can we?
    Last edited by Indian-Red; 13-8-17 at 10:15.

It's not the fact he came on it's the fact he replaced Arnold when he was performing well and can run for days. Gini should have came off who was out on his feet and gives you nothing in the way of defending aeriel balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    It's not the fact he came on it's the fact he replaced Arnold when he was performing well and can run for days. Gini should have came off who was out on his feet and gives you nothing in the way of defending aeriel balls.
    I guess my point is there was no need to replace a right back with another right back considering the former wasn't really struggling and the latter is pants. And if it was to give Gomez a run out then that's amateurish.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    I guess my point is there was no need to replace a right back with another right back considering the former wasn't really struggling and the latter is pants. And if it was to give Gomez a run out then that's amateurish.
    Especially given that our worst performer was given 95 minutes.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    That was a seriously strange decision. It was absolutely horrendous, and played a direct role in us dropping the points. We can hold the players to account but I think Jurgen didn't help yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    That was a seriously strange decision. It was absolutely horrendous, and played a direct role in us dropping the points. We can hold the players to account but I think Jurgen didn't help yesterday.
    I blame the manager fully.

IT was to waste time - all teams do it but it back fired.

Quote Originally Posted by GARCIASTHUMB View Post
    IT was to waste time - all teams do it but it back fired.
    We really don't need to be wasting time against Watford when we have been on top ever since 3-2. Wasting time and reverting into our own box is what messed it up.

We really don't need to be wasting time against Watford when we have been on top ever since 3-2. Wasting time and reverting into our own box is what messed it up.
    And the worst thing was that he tried and failed to that against Bournemouth by taking off our best player. Failing to learn from your mistakes is inexcusable.

Said it before Klopp is very similar to wenger in terms of stubborness and not spending no money.

That said even wenger has had to change as he was getting so much stick I feel klopp could be heading the same way.

Thought taking salah off took the pressure off them. They were relieved to see the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GARCIASTHUMB View Post
    Thought taking salah off took the pressure off them. They were relieved to see the back of him.
    Of course. It's the stupid things managers do occasionally.

faults for goals 1st firmino never tried to jump for header just let man have free header, 2nd moreno schooled and bullied so player laid of ball .3rd wyni cant even clear a ball from the near post , PATHETIC,

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj147 View Post
    faults for goals 1st firmino never tried to jump for header just let man have free header, 2nd moreno schooled and bullied so player laid of ball .3rd wyni cant even clear a ball from the near post , PATHETIC,
    The 2nd wasn't just Moreno. Stupid back heel from Can to start off and then Henderson didn't follow his man who ended up putting it across.

Shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    The 2nd wasn't just Moreno. Stupid back heel from Can to start off and then Henderson didn't follow his man who ended up putting it across.

Shambles.
    agree the three for 2nd then

Am sure the guy that dose the video stats for Klopp will put it kinna like this.

I couldn't watch the match yesterday but heard we didn't perform well and their equalizer was a foulght. Looking at some of the posts a lots have under performed. Seems I didn't miss anything then but beeing a little worried about our match on Tuesday.

and what makes it worse last goal was offside .i even think the 2nd goal should have been called offside ,, *********** joke man linesman clown

The second goal was more on Can and Henderson. Moreno did well to put pressure on his man Can let a man overlap all alone and Henderson was sleeping

Seemed like a time wasting sub, which is absolutely stupid on Klopp's behalf. There's nothing wrong with making time wasting subs in stoppage time, regardless of opposition. However if you do make a sub to time waste whilst protecting a lead, you take off a forward/midfielder, you don't change a *********** back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    The second goal was more on Can and Henderson. Moreno did well to put pressure on his man Can let a man overlap all alone and Henderson was sleeping
    I felt Klopp alluded to as much in his press conference. I cannot remember the line verbatim but on the second goal he says something along the lines of: "We were ok, Moreno was inside left and Emre was in the half space. Henderson and Wijnaldum: im not sure where. Moreno didnt win the tackle which sometimes happens and then there was space left".

Can was not in the correct position but Hendo and Wijnaldum were completely asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RedmanR View Post
    I couldn't watch the match yesterday but heard we didn't perform well and their equalizer was a foulght. Looking at some of the posts a lots have under performed. Seems I didn't miss anything then but beeing a little worried about our match on Tuesday.
    You missed a 3 all thriller mate, despite the killer ending it was a boss game of football. I'm not worried about Tuesday myself I think we'll get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wednesday View Post
    I felt Klopp alluded to as much in his press conference. I cannot remember the line verbatim but on the second goal he says something along the lines of: "We were ok, Moreno was inside left and Emre was in the half space. Henderson and Wijnaldum: im not sure where. Moreno didnt win the tackle which sometimes happens and then there was space left".

Can was not in the correct position but Hendo and Wijnaldum were completely asleep.
    I agree it's baffling seeing our Dm just waiting there not anticipating an obvious dangerous situation. That doesn't happen on Lucas's watch someone would get fouled at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Seemed like a time wasting sub, which is absolutely stupid on Klopp's behalf. There's nothing wrong with making time wasting subs in stoppage time, regardless of opposition. However if you do make a sub to time waste whilst protecting a lead, you take off a forward/midfielder, you don't change a *********** back 4.
    I knew it was a mistake as soon as I saw him coming on.

I couldn't see the point of it. Why on earth change the make up of that back four at that time? You're right about taking off a forward player if need be. What Klopp did was ridiculous. The first thing Gomez did was tug a shirt and give away a free kick on the left near our box.

I really believe that he put on Gomez to give him a few minutes for his confidence. This in itself is totally insane considering we were protecting a one goal lead.

LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    The 2nd goal was pure comical, from Cans back heel to moreno lunging In to Matip falling on the floor and trents desperate clearance off back of matips head.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Klopp's substitutions are still baffling me.