Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Joey Barton- claiming that Klopp isn't a top Premier League manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    The Liverpool job was vacant
    Yeah but he cut short a holiday.

If he had chilled for awhile and waited for one of those clubs he would have eventually got it for sure.

Hes not that type though. Someone like jose would never choose a club like liverpool, he needs his net spend to be 5billion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    That was my point, according to Barton, Klopp's won one Bundesliga title. If you can't get your facts right, it sort of reduces the point you're trying to make.
    Plus the fact that your name is Joey Barton further invalidates your point amirite

Quote Originally Posted by Red Centre View Post
    Fine margins indeed - that's what causes such insanity in fans . League Cup on it's doesn't do it, but if he'd won that and the Europa he'd certainly have taken a big step forward on his CV.
    He deserved to beat FC Hollywood in the CL final. They unsettled Gotze, it was still an even game. They're dirty wotsits. Dortmund were the moral winners of that CL

Quote Originally Posted by SuarumanTheRed View Post
    Klopp could quite easily of gone to a club like juve or another top club and won league title after league title. He chose to come here because he is a loon, but he is still a top manager.
    We won't conquer the world, just the ball, every ******* time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuarumanTheRed View Post
    Klopp could quite easily of gone to a club like juve or another top club and won league title after league title. He chose to come here because he is a loon, but he is still a top manager.
    Not a loon. Imagine coming to LFC and putting us back at the top. And keeping us there. He'd achieve Shankly Ferguson Mou (Chelsea) status.

He thinks he can do it and I believe him.

The loons are anyone that isn't willing to give one of the most sought after and exciting managers in world football a really honest long term chance at building us back up from obscurity.. even after he's achieved top 4 in his first full season. Insanity.

Klopp has been a manager that has succeeded well in his career but has also failed at points in his career. That's just a fact. His start to his career at Liverpool has been decent, getting top 4 I see as success for last season. However he has a yet to prove himself as a successful manager at LFC.

That will be measured on trophy's he wins at the end of the day. Simple as.

For now sit back and support him.

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWoodwork View Post
    Klopp has been a manager that has succeeded well in his career but has also failed at points in his career. That's just a fact. His start to his career at Liverpool has been decent, getting top 4 I see as success for last season. However he has a yet to prove himself as a successful manager at LFC.

That will be measured on trophy's he wins at the end of the day. Simple as.

For now sit back and support him.
    Do you consider mourinho a top manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by Everlastingrobbiefowler View Post
    He done the double in his first season but Klopp came very very close to achieving the same and Mourinho spent a small fortune compared to Klopp.

Joey probably had a bet on him creating a headline news item.💸
    My ship is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    He done the double in his first season but Klopp came very very close to achieving the same and Mourinho spent a small fortune compared to Klopp.
    This , plus the point I was going to make was that he has also failed at points in his career

This , plus the point I was going to make was that he has also failed at points in his career
    Sure but they're hardly similar, success wise Klopp can't hold a candle to Mourinho

Barton's latest whooper is everyone should support their local club and he's branded people who don't "losers" he says anyone who supports man utd who is Canadian, are "loser's"

He just has no shame at all, by the looks of it.
    YNWA

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Good stuff, i think Jurgen is a top class manager and Joey saying this has made me know i'm right in thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Sure but they're hardly similar, success wise Klopp can't hold a candle to Mourinho
    No he can't as of yet

But for what he has achieved he is also a top manager

No he can't as of yet

But for what he has achieved he is also a top manager
    Depends how you'd define "top manager".

For me, the "top managers" include the Ancelottis, Mourinhos, Guardiolas etc. I cannot put Klopp in the same bracket as them when he hasn't won a major trophy since 2012.

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Depends how you'd define "top manager".

For me, the "top managers" include the Ancelottis, Mourinhos, Guardiolas etc. I cannot put Klopp in the same bracket as them when he hasn't won a major trophy since 2012.
    That means top manager now in terms of performance, it doesn't mean Jurgen isn't a top manager period.

Rafa is a top manager, it hasn't changed as he's won very little in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    That means top manager now in terms of performance, it doesn't mean Jurgen isn't a top manager period.

Rafa is a top manager, it hasn't changed as he's won very little in years.
    This , you can only work with the tools you have

If Juergen managed Chelsea he would have won more trophies too

If mourinho managed us ( I'd cry ) do you think he would have guaranteed us a trophy in his first two seasons

Silly question but I'll bite. I do as he has won multiple titles in multiple locations. So even if he had failed at Chelsea which he didn't then he'd have been more successful than not.

Anyway this isn't stick up for Mourinho rubbish. Don't nessecerally like much else about him.

I'm just saying it's Klopp's second big club and it's still early days. One day when he's gone people will look back and if he won trophy's they'll think he was successful is all.

Silly question but I'll bite. I do as he has won multiple titles in multiple locations. So even if he had failed at Chelsea which he didn't then he'd have been more successful than not.

Anyway this isn't stick up for Mourinho rubbish. Don't nessecerally like much else about him.

I'm just saying it's Klopp's second big club and it's still early days. One day when he's gone people will look back and if he won trophy's they'll think he was successful is all.
    It depends on all the elements in the equation for me , obviously we all want trophies and success , but failing in the final on penalties is not the same as failing to me.

Rodgers nearly won us the prem , if we had won that season Rodgers would have gone down in history as one of the greats , forget top manager he would have bin classified a legend .......but the whole story isn't told , I remember something about a certain lad from uraguay that might have been abit more responsible for that success

Klopp is a top manager , the proof will come , it's already there for those with the brains to see it

Barton's latest whooper is everyone should support their local club and he's branded people who don't "losers" he says anyone who supports man utd who is Canadian, are "loser's"

He just has no shame at all, by the looks of it.
    That's what current media is all about though. You have to be controversial.

I can't listen to a minute of Robbie Savage, he comes up with idiotic theories every single week. But he has a job and will continue to do so, because that's what's required.

It depends on all the elements in the equation for me , obviously we all want trophies and success , but failing in the final on penalties is not the same as failing to me.

Rodgers nearly won us the prem , if we had won that season Rodgers would have gone down in history as one of the greats , forget top manager he would have bin classified a legend .......but the whole story isn't told , I remember something about a certain lad from uraguay that might have been abit more responsible for that success

Klopp is a top manager , the proof will come , it's already there for those with the brains to see it
    Yeah I agree they won't see those elements. They will just see if he won things. That's normal with history.

But whose saying he's not a great manager? I was merely mentioning what people will look back on in terms of him bring a successful manager as per my original post. Like I also said, people should sit back, enjoy and support him.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    That's what current media is all about though. You have to be controversial.

I can't listen to a minute of Robbie Savage, he comes up with idiotic theories every single week. But he has a job and will continue to do so, because that's what's required.
    I've said it in this thread...most pundits now are just trolls.
    YNWA

Pretty much. Causing uproar every time they open their gobs

Pretty much. Causing uproar every time they open their gobs
    Funny thing is you get the odd one supporting their minimum of effort 'articles' which I'm convinced they write in crayon before handing to the growded up editor (well, in some cases). Joe is not allowed scissors either, he can have safety ones. Last time he did his article in a pop up style in the hopes of earning a gold star for his wall chart, not only did he cut himself but he also attacked an editorial assistants eyes. No more scissors for Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Funny thing is you get the odd one supporting their minimum of effort 'articles' which I'm convinced they write in crayon before handing to the growded up editor (well, in some cases). Joe is not allowed scissors either, he can have safety ones. Last time he did his article in a pop up style in the hopes of earning a gold star for his wall chart, not only did he cut himself but he also attacked an editorial assistants eyes. No more scissors for Joe!

Joey Barton likes the sound of his own voice. He is very opinionated, not like most of us on here! He's even appeared on Question Time F.G.S. ! Unfortunately his intellect doesn't match his outspoken opinions. A bit like a male version of Diane Abbott.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    Joey Barton likes the sound of his own voice. He is very opinionated, not like most of us on here! He's even appeared on Question Time F.G.S. ! Unfortunately his intellect doesn't match his outspoken opinions. A bit like a male version of Diane Abbott.
    He's stupid. He's proved that time and time again with his actions.
    YNWA

He's stupid. He's proved that time and time again with his actions.
    He read a book once you know

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Ha ha. Excellent