Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Should we sell Coutinho? - Yes or No

robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Why do we need the money in full when we are not going to spend it?
    We can pay the stand off. Might be one step closer to club sale then. There's a plan right there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Roy View Post
    No. We need to cement a place in the Cl this year. It's a huge factor in future recruitment.
    It hasn't helped in this transfer window.
    Sell him, he doesn't want to be here and the whole affair is turning into a goddamn circus and detracting from the most important thing which is playing football.
    100million would be a fantastic price to achieve. People may go on about inflated markets and players now being worth this,that or the other but if you take Neymar out of the equation then a 100mil would make Coutinho the most expensive player in the world,and he is a very long way away from being the best player in the world, he's a long way from being the best player in the PL.
    So yep time to let go and move on,and looking and listening to Klopp in his last few pressers I'm beginning to think he thinks the same as the whole situation is beginning to impact on everything else.

Having thought this through quite a bit now, I would slap a 150m tag on Coutinho and go secure Dele Alli and Costa with the funds. The more and more I think about Coutinho's attitude, and with every passing day, the more and more I see straight.

Do that bit of business and add in VVD along with a DM and I'll be happy.

Coutinho is no Suarez - he's a good player not a great one and his leadership skills are dire - that's the truth.
    Last edited by TossMoSalahd; 15-8-17 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by OldNicksAdvocate View Post
    It hasn't helped in this transfer window.
    Sell him, he doesn't want to be here and the whole affair is turning into a goddamn circus and detracting from the most important thing which is playing football.
    100million would be a fantastic price to achieve. People may go on about inflated markets and players now being worth this,that or the other but if you take Neymar out of the equation then a 100mil would make Coutinho the most expensive player in the world,and he is a very long way away from being the best player in the world, he's a long way from being the best player in the PL.
    So yep time to let go and move on,and looking and listening to Klopp in his last few pressers I'm beginning to think he thinks the same as the whole situation is beginning to impact on everything else.
    People criticised me when I said Coutinho negatively affected the Watford game. Hoping Coutinho debacle doesn't affect tonight's game with it being less raw.

Quote Originally Posted by TossMoSalahd View Post
    Having thought this through quite a bit now, I would slap a 150m tag on Coutinho and go secure Dele Alli and Costa with the funds. The more and more I think about Coutinho's attitude, and with every passing day, the more and more I see straight.

Do that bit of business and add in VVD along with a DM and I'll be happy.

Coutinho is no Suarez - he's a good player not a great one and his leadership skills are dire - that's the truth.
    I totally agree with your choice, I would love to have Alli in particular here. However, in the real world I think Spurs attitude to selling Alli to us would reflect that of Southampton's regarding VvD. They just wouldn't sell to us.

I also doubt Alli, despite his previous ambition to play for Liverpool which was knocked back, would want to come to Liverpool now. The squad at Spurs seem a very tight bunch and it would take a lot to prise them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I totally agree with your choice, I would love to have Alli in particular here. However, in the real world I think Spurs attitude to selling Alli to us would reflect that of Southampton's regarding VvD. They just wouldn't sell to us.

I also doubt Alli, despite his previous ambition to play for Liverpool which was knocked back, would want to come to Liverpool now. The squad at Spurs seem a very tight bunch and it would take a lot to prise them apart.
    Yeah I agree with you - we should make an offer for Alli before we move on anything with Coutinho. Coutinho will be staying put if we can't find acceptable replacements.
    Last edited by TossMoSalahd; 15-8-17 at 16:38.

Still no. Aint going to change.

As long he want to go, let him. What is more worrying is wether the will be invested in new players or not.

YES!!!

Let Coutinho go if he doesnt want to stay. In exchange, we should ask for Suarez back....That would be a great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Roy View Post
    Still no. Aint going to change.
    So you buy the sore back ?

Or is he just not making himself available for selection ?

Given we don't know either way, I don't think we can judge if he should be sold or not

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Why do we need the money in full when we are not going to spend it?
    Because we will never see it.

Money in full or nothing just like they demanded to PSG.