Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane is starting to remind me of someone...........

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    Mane performace levels will continue to rise now that coutinho isnt getting in his way all the time.
    Surely we don't only judge a players performance on whether they have got a goal or not, Mane played a nice pass to attempt to get Firmino in behind.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Surely we don't only judge a players performance on whether they have got a goal or not, Mane played a nice pass to attempt to get Firmino in behind.
    ?
    Hes devestating when presented with open space.
    Accomodating the fab 4 in the same set-up forced Mane into altering his game this season,
    I expect him to score hatful of goals for the run-in.

Yeah, he is trying too hard to be a playmaker at times when his strength is running at the opponents. Not sure if it's instructions or just him over-complicating things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Yeah, he is trying too hard to be a playmaker at times when his strength is running at the opponents. Not sure if it's instructions or just him over-complicating things.
    sometimes it's also important to hold the ball up though

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    sometimes it's also important to hold the ball up though
    I wouldn't knock him for trying to be a team player, and when he didn't square the ball in a recent game (forget which one) he got slated - oh, might have been the derby.
    People will believe what they want to believe

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I wouldn't knock him for trying to be a team player, and when he didn't square the ball in a recent game (forget which one) he got slated - oh, might have been the derby.
    his finish yesterday was so casual so nonchalant , like what ll i do with it, i know i ll take my time and lash it in the top corner... briliant

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    his finish yesterday was so casual so nonchalant , like what ll i do with it, i know i ll take my time and lash it in the top corner... briliant
    On the day that Salah got Goal of the Month for December (+Coutinho in 3rd) all 3 of our frontmen scored candidates for January's award. Ox's really not bad either.

I think people have been overdoing the mane looks terrible thing. He's not been quite in the form he was last year, but he's always a threat, and he's now getting back to his best. This happens with great players. I've seen it with Stevie, with Phil and countless other great LFC players. We need to stop worrying about it. He's a quality player,not a one season wonder.

Mane has been struggling with confidence, but tbh yesterday was his best performance perhaps all season, I like the fact he was dropping a lot deeper and being a creative force and passing it quickly at the right moment, what a finish too, a clear sign that he is well and truly back and just in time too!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    Mane has been struggling with confidence, but tbh yesterday was his best performance perhaps all season, I like the fact he was dropping a lot deeper and being a creative force and passing it quickly at the right moment, what a finish too, a clear sign that he is well and truly back and just in time too!
    Agreed.

Yesterday he was finally back to the Mane we know and love. He was back to his brutal best. We know he can be brutal and has the strength and power to crucify anybody and yesterday he did that. We now need to see more if it. I reckon Swansea are tailor made for him and he could beat them to a pulp by himself.

Mane has frustrated me ever since he picked up that red card, it obviously affected his confidence greatly. He has been second best to the ball, misplaced passes, been bullied of the ball too easily and generally lost 20% off his performance since that incident.

Even yesterday against Man City he had me screaming at the screen. In the first half every time we broke away for a counter attack, when the ball came to him time after time he stopped and dithered instead of picking out another red shirt for a shot at goal, giving the City defenders time to regroup.

However in the second half, especially after his goal, he was far more decisive. Hopefully this will be his renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Agreed.

Yesterday he was finally back to the Mane we know and love. He was back to his brutal best. We know he can be brutal and has the strength and power to crucify anybody and yesterday he did that. We now need to see more if it. I reckon Swansea are tailor made for him and he could beat them to a pulp by himself.
    I'd fancy him to score as well on Monday, you're right they're the type of team he likes to face/can punish. I didn't really see mane dithering on the ball, but I'm glad he trusts himself on the ball. He did carry a fear factor with his explosive pace, he still has - look at Stoke, it's just not as easy to see as sides are going to leave us ample space to counter-attack in at will especially with the other dangerous attacking players we possess.

Klopp wants to make him more than a 7, he's becoming a more all-rounded player, this is the right choice of way to develop the Senegal winger.

sadio is looking a bit low on confidence this season I personally think it's since he's been shifted to the left ? hope he gets it back soon

So many moments now where he has a defender one on one out wide, and a year ago they'd have been ************ themselves while he ducked and weaved and then skipped by them, now he just seems to turn around and recycle the ball back out. Very strange to see what's happening to him, I wonder if he's lost a bit of acceleration after the surgery, or maybe it's just confidence. His sole focus these days seems to be looking for a reason to fall over, though he was a bit better last night.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

He’s starting to show a bit more sharpness, hopefully it continues.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by ks2847 View Post
    I know we're only two games into the season, but something struck me last night watching Mane running at the Hoffenheim defenders.

He reminded me of Suarez, the way he cuts in and drives towards the goal line. Now I'm not suggesting they are the same type of player, but if he carries on like that he could have a very big season for us.

If he can stay injury free for the majority of the season I can easily see him getting 20+ goals
    he's getting there, aye

Once again at the start of the game against Southampton I was shouting with frustration at Mane, as he pulled out of challenges, made poor passes and as usual of late, made bad decisions. But as the game progressed he seemed to grow in confidence, started to make the dangerous runs we got used to last season and made a couple of spectacular attempts on goal. Keep it up Sadio!

He has lost faith in his game which is why he is complicating everything. The arrival of Salah has certainly affected him mentally and seems like he wants to prove himself by doing too much instead of keeping it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    He has lost faith in his game which is why he is complicating everything. The arrival of Salah has certainly affected him mentally and seems like he wants to prove himself by doing too much instead of keeping it simple.
    Surely if that was true he would simply go back to keeping it simple, his simple was very good. To me he just looks like he is lacking confidence and Klopp just needs to give him more bear hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Surely if that was true he would simply go back to keeping it simple, his simple was very good. To me he just looks like he is lacking confidence and Klopp just needs to give him more bear hugs.
    How can anyone know whether he's been effected mentally by watching him on t.v anyway.

Am I the only one who find this whole gnashing and whaling over Mané a bit overblown?

He's not in the best of form, but he's still chipping in a lot, creating opportunities and coming up with goals and assists, albeit not at the same rate as last year. He's also intercepting well.

Compared to say our problems in midfield, Mané not being in as good as form as last season seems very low in comparison.
    Last edited by Shed; 14-2-18 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    Am I the only one who find this whole gnashing and whaling over Mané a bit overblown?

He's not in the best of form, but he's still chipping in a lot, creating opportunities and coming up with goals and assists. He's also intercepting well.

Count me as not worried.
    He's not in the form he was last season that's for sure, but his form was scintillating back then.

Slowing up play and hanging on to the ball too long at the moment. Needs to either engage his opponent a bit more one on one or release the pass a bit quicker. Or better still a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    He's not in the form he was last season that's for sure, but his form was scintillating back then.

Slowing up play and hanging on to the ball too long at the moment. Needs to either engage his opponent a bit more one on one or release the pass a bit quicker. Or better still a bit of both.
    He'll be back on form, hopefully tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Would be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Job done. See my post above.

I said I saw the beginnings of a return to form for Mane in the Southampton. As the game went on, he got better and better. Tonight he finally returned to his peak.

Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    I said I saw the beginnings of a return to form for Mane in the Southampton. As the game went on, he got better and better. Tonight he finally returned to his peak.
    His overall game wasn’t the best but a hat trick is a hat trick.

He's BACK!

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Jur-Gone View Post
    His overall game wasn’t the best but a hat trick is a hat trick.
    What?!? He was *********** everywhere, what you on about? From defending leftback to always the first one on the counter, pressing, stealing the ball, he did it all

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    What?!? He was *********** everywhere, what you on about? From defending leftback to always the first one on the counter, pressing, stealing the ball, he did it all
    Don't fall for it. Ignore it.