Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane is starting to remind me of someone...........

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Can't believe I moaned we were paying too much for Mane at the time Looks an absolute steal, now. What a player.
    I think a lot of us were in the same boat, good player but seems an overpay. How wrong we all were.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Not that rare under our new manager, though. Maybe we finally have turned that corner...
    Klopps not made many signings, but there does not seem to be a single bust.

Also wasn't Mane a second choice when someone else fell through?

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    Also wasn't Mane a second choice when someone else fell through?
    Messi?

'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Messi?

Jonathan Walters
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by beardall2304 View Post
    He's a great player no doubt, Luis Suarez level? Not yet and probably never will be but that doesn't mean he won't be considered a world class player in due time...
    Depends on which Suarez you mean. I did not watch many La Liga games, but what I have seen in "El Classico" this year and the CL last season did not impress me much. It seems diving is the only way he "creates" goals these days (in big games). He dived against PSG, he dived agains Real Madrid. And thats what I pretty much remember because everything else seemed bang average to me. Aguero could probably do a better job than him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDim View Post
    Depends on which Suarez you mean. I did not watch many La Liga games, but what I have seen in "El Classico" this year and the CL last season did not impress me much. It seems diving is the only way he "creates" goals these days (in big games). He dived against PSG, he dived agains Real Madrid. And thats what I pretty much remember because everything else seemed bang average to me. Aguero could probably do a better job than him right now.
    :FP:

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Yeah, completely agreed. He just dives right in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    :FP:
    :FP: <- see I can do this too.

If you've got nothing of substance to add then just stay away. Posting an emoji makes you neither look funny nor smart. And don't comment on this posting either. I have no interest in an ego **** contest. Thank you.
    Last edited by JimTheDim; 6-9-17 at 15:17.

It pains me to say it, as he will go down as a Liverpool great, even if his time here was fleeting, but this last 12months he has not looked as sharp. I think with Neymar gone, a lot more emphasis and attention will be on him and Messi, and I can see others picking up on his slump if he doesn't turn it around.

As for Mane, he is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous and effective forwards in world football.

He's one of the best wing forwards in the league. I think, providing he doesn't get injured, he'll kick on another level this season.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    As for Mane, he is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous and effective forwards in world football.
    Mane is such a versatile player. Same is true for Salah. The only club in the PL that has players coming close to those two is City with Sane and Sterling. It just shows how strong Liverpools attack is right now. This is why I don't think United will be title contender. Lukaku is their main man upfront. If he gets injured or opponents find a way to isolate him, they will be just as bad as last season.

Mane is such a versatile player. Same is true for Salah. The only club in the PL that has players coming close to those two is City with Sane and Sterling. It just shows how strong Liverpools attack is right now. This is why I don't think United will be title contender. Lukaku is their main man upfront. If he gets injured or opponents find a way to isolate him, they will be just as bad as last season.
    Pretty mad as well, when you see today's prices that our front 3 cost a combined 100m, perhaps rising with add-ons but still less than 110m.

If we ever sell they'd probably be more than that each.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Pretty mad as well, when you see today's prices that our front 3 cost a combined 100m, perhaps rising with add-ons but still less than 110m.

If you think about the accidental timing of it too, to have bought our key attacking players, for hefty enough fees at the time, right before the market went mental. And in Salah's case, probably just weeks before it happened. I'd hate to be in the market for key atrackers right now, it's where the value for money has really been destroyed. Keeping Phil was even more important in that regard.

Even VVD at 60 or so million, is a lot, but the equivalent ready made player at the other end of the pitch would be twice that easily. As it stands, we're a top CB and atop keeper away from being almost complete.

Crazy to think what we paid for Mane and what we would get for him now.

He has been nothing short of spectacular so far.

Cant think of another RW in the PL that I would rather have.

If you think about the accidental timing of it too, to have bought our key attacking players, for hefty enough fees at the time, right before the market went mental. And in Salah's case, probably just weeks before it happened. I'd hate to be in the market for key atrackers right now, it's where the value for money has really been destroyed. Keeping Phil was even more important in that regard.

Even VVD at 60 or so million, is a lot, but the equivalent ready made player at the other end of the pitch would be twice that easily. As it stands, we're a top CB and atop keeper away from being almost complete.
    I'd not even considered it until reading that - but maybe it's no accident. Maybe it was the reason (or at least part of it) Klopp chose to address the attack as first priority rather than defence?

I'd not even considered it until reading that - but maybe it's no accident. Maybe it was the reason (or at least part of it) Klopp chose to address the attack as first priority rather than defence?
    They tried to get VVD right at the beginning. Even before the Salah deal was done.

I hadn't thought of that either. Part of me wouldn't be surprised, but it does seem more fateful than by design.

Sterling?

I think you mean Kevin De Bruyne.

Liverpool's attack is very strong, and having Salah and Mane ensures we will be very difficult to stop when in full flow.

trust me, MANE already is a 200m player.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Sky Sports News‏ @SkySportsNews 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: @LFC forward Sadio Mane named @premierleague League Player of the month for August #SSN

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Sky Sports News‏ @SkySportsNews 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: @LFC forward Sadio Mane named @premierleague League Player of the month for August #SSN
    So Salah was our player of the month, and Mane is the PL player of the month? How does that work? Anyway congrats to Mane well deserved and surely not the last he'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    So Salah was our player of the month, and Mane is the PL player of the month? How does that work? Anyway congrats to Mane well deserved and surely not the last he'll get.
    First thing I thought as well, nice to have that type of problem though.

Our first winner of the PL POTM award since Suarez in March 2014 as well.

Definitely a good sign, I wouldn't have argued with Firmino or Can winning our player of the month either. And March 2014? Wow, about time then, guess that also adds some weight to the idea he's our 'new Suarez' as well.

Correction

Gerrard & Suarez shared the March 2014 award

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post

Not sure it's that difficult to understand. Isn't our club POTM an internal vote whereas the PL POTM an external vote?

Quote Originally Posted by RealTalkinRed View Post
    Not sure it's that difficult to understand. Isn't our club POTM an internal vote whereas the PL POTM an external vote?
    The point being, how could it be deemed that Mane wasn't even the best player at the club in the last month, when he's been deemed the best player in the league in the last month. Of course the club decides their own POTM.