Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane is starting to remind me of someone...........

1. #1 Default Mane is starting to remind me of someone........... 
    I know we're only two games into the season, but something struck me last night watching Mane running at the Hoffenheim defenders.

He reminded me of Suarez, the way he cuts in and drives towards the goal line. Now I'm not suggesting they are the same type of player, but if he carries on like that he could have a very big season for us.

If he can stay injury free for the majority of the season I can easily see him getting 20+ goals
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by ks2847 View Post
    I know we're only two games into the season, but something struck me last night watching Mane running at the Hoffenheim defenders.

He reminded me of Suarez, the way he cuts in and drives towards the goal line. Now I'm not suggesting they are the same type of player, but if he carries on like that he could have a very big season for us.

If he can stay injury free for the majority of the season I can easily see him getting 20+ goals
    Don't see that - Mane is not in the same grid reference as Suarez

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Don't see that - Mane is not in the same grid reference as Suarez
    Although Firmino is definitely better than Suarez by miles

yes I thought he was impressive (then again he always is ) such terrifying pace as soon as he receives the ball out wide, he hardly needs to hold it up he can just take a player on 1v1 around the outside. he needs to do a few right footed crosses though when he has space and there is unmarked players inside the box. he should probably do some fake shots too. Like Mo Salah lightening quick and great at winning the ball back.

He's a great player no doubt, Luis Suarez level? Not yet and probably never will be but that doesn't mean he won't be considered a world class player in due time...

One thing I would say is, even with Phil in the side, he's probably the biggest concern to other teams and especially defences.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Although Firmino is definitely better than Suarez by miles
    I'd say waheey nice dig but it would be a waste of time as bias views are irrelevant (of what you're responding to).

He has such confidence when he gets the ball.Absolutely unplayable on his day. The fee we paid is now looking great value.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    I know what you mean, he gives us that great attacking impact.

I thought at the time that 34 million was too much, now the fee is an absolute bargain.

How much would Mane be worth now, 60-70 million?

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    He has such confidence when he gets the ball.Absolutely unplayable on his day. The fee we paid is now looking great value.
    regardless of whether we feel signing the winger was definitely worth it or whatever, it still feels different when you sign a player now. A club and owners worries have become a fans worries to a certain extent.

I can see what you mean, in fact, I guessed who you were talking about when I saw the thread title. He has that same knck of tying up a few defenders too- if we had a proper poacher finding space in the box, he could be an assist king too. I also love how he stands still over the ball witing for the defender to dive in, and generally leaves them for dead. I'd say his finishing needs some work, but I said the same about Suarez early days to my shame.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post

I thought at the time that 34 million was too much, now the fee is an absolute bargain.

Dunno. Depends how much Barcelona are willing to offer.

They could turn around and offer us ALL the Neymar money for Coutinho and Mane. We could offer them Moreno to just leave us alone!!!

They both have that desire about them and grit, something you can't teach a footballer that's for sure.

However, I think Suarez was more cute with the ball and technically was a level above Mane. While Mane has that rawness about him, pace, power and bravery.

I would't be against playing Mane through the middle, he's not afraid to take a shot on with either foot and is also quite good in the air too, think he'd thrive up front personally.

Very different type of player but he too appears to have the ability to turn the game on its head when things aren't going according to plan for us. He was massive for us last season too and when he was unavailable through injury or international selection, our performances and form free falled. We'll see how his performances develop over the course of the season but going off the first 2 games it's clear that he has the ability to lift us and steal points for us, like Suarez often did.

Also worth noting that whilst people were concerned about him being shifted to the left wing, it would appear that that concern was definitely premature, he's been brilliant so far. Despite Salah's finishing, I think he and Mané are going to be instrumental for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post

Easily mate....I'd say closer to 100 million. He's world class in my opinion

Yeah I'm definitely not saying he's on the same level as Suarez, but his desire to run at players and get into the box reminds me of dear old Luis

Quote Originally Posted by GAGGZY View Post
    Dunno. Depends how much Barcelona are willing to offer.
    Hush now, you never know who reads these boards..................

Ought to be glad it's Coutinho they're offering silly money for and not our best player......
    People will believe what they want to believe

Mane is reminding me of someone, I just hope he doesn't start rapping. Seriously, he definitely looks like the new John Barnes.

He is becoming as effective as Suarez was, but they are completely different types of players. I can certainly see Mane hitting 30 odd goals a season soon so there is similarity in terms of effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    He is becoming as effective as Suarez was, but they are completely different types of players. I can certainly see Mane hitting 30 odd goals a season soon so there is similarity in terms of effectiveness.
    Both are similar due to physicality. However Mane is quicker pace wise, but probably doesn't posess the genius Suarez does, then again nobody does.

If Mane gets a half a yard on you...he'll destroy you. Suarez on the other hand made difficult things look pretty easy due to downright cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Mane is reminding me of someone, I just hope he doesn't start rapping. Seriously, he definitely looks like the new John Barnes.
    You're right there is a little bit of Barnes about him, the dribbling, creativity, scores goals. Does not have a cross from the byline like Barnes, and clearly we need to wait a few years before we can properly compare.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post

Ought to be glad it's Coutinho they're offering silly money for and not our best player......
    I think mane is our best too

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post

There is serious and real interest in Mane from one side in particular.

Could be argued that he's more or less the most lethal player in the league ...

I can't think of any other player I would swap him for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    Indeed he is. It's his never-die attitude that I like. He just keeps going.

Hopefully FSG will open contract talks, adding a 300million release clause soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ks2847 View Post

for a rather unpleasant moment there I thought you wwhere going to say macmanaman
    Chigley militant socalists

Quote Originally Posted by lfctpc View Post
    for a rather unpleasant moment there I thought you wwhere going to say macmanaman
    They could have said Beckham.

More acceptable than that average bluenose imo

Quote Originally Posted by lfctpc View Post
    More acceptable than that average bluenose imo
    Mane is on a different level to Plain Rooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Both are similar due to physicality. However Mane is quicker pace wise, but probably doesn't posess the genius Suarez does, then again nobody does.

If Mane gets a half a yard on you...he'll destroy you. Suarez on the other hand made difficult things look pretty easy due to downright cheek.
    Exactly, Mane is too respectful to be a Suarez. Suarez would nutmeg at least 8 players a match like he was playing down the park. Suarez' desire to win was otherworldly - he would bite, kick, dive, nutmeg, dead ball, handball and racially abuse his way to victory. Mane will unbalance you one way, skin you the other and finish on his left or right.

On a slightly unrelated note, there was a poster on here who was trying to make the case for Mane being slow - what was his/her name?

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Could be argued that he's more or less the most lethal player in the league ...

I can't think of any other player I would swap him for.
    Oh come on mate, Lukaku for sure