Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can and Coutinho

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    How has it come to this! Two of Rodger's best three midfield buys basically wanting out. Coutinho with his transfer request and Can refusing to sign a contract extension.

In Lallana's absense through injury, if we lose both that leaves us with Captain Henderson, bog standard Milner and the invisible Dutchman Wijnaldum as our available senior midfielders. Seriously, will the pain ever stop!

Thankfully, though perhaps a little too green and inexperienced, Grujic and Ajaria look pretty useful. Neither having Coady or Spearing limitations about them thankfully!

But surely we need to be convincing Can and (if possible) Coutinho to stay?
    Left out Keita
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Some new quotes from Phil:

"I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

"What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

"Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

"Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

"I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters."
    i doubt we'd sell him in january, especially with him cup tied for the CL, he will be gone in the summer though
    Eagle Face Moron

"I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

"What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

"Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

"Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

"I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters."
    I don't think he will go anywhere in January or there will be even an offer for him. In the summer, I would say is likely.

Do you happen to know to whom he said these things ?

And in what context ? interview or whatever ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Do you happen to know to whom he said these things ?

And in what context ? interview or whatever ?
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...elona-interest

Thankyou, but it doesn't say who he is talking to.

The BBC are running the same article, with exactly the same quotes, and neither are quoting the source

I guess I'd like to know what questions he was asked, by whom, to elicit these quotes - the context can often make a difference

He's not leaving in January, makes no sense for him or us at this point. He'll be off in the summer.

The media will pounce on anything for a story. It was clear he wanted to join Barca, but nothing materialised.

We move on...until next summer...

Meyer, Goretzka and Keita will soften the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgenmeister View Post
    The media will pounce on anything for a story. It was clear he wanted to join Barca, but nothing materialised.

We move on...until next summer...

Meyer, Goretzka and Keita will soften the blow.
    These are rock solid quotes, not 'anything', and they are not the quotes of a man who see's his future in L4

I would really like to know if these quotes are in response to questions, or if Phil has put this out of his own accord.

It is obvious he will and still wants to leave. I don't think that would surprise anyone. As long as we keep him until the end of the season I am happy.

These are rock solid quotes, not 'anything', and they are not the quotes of a man who see's his future in L4

I would really like to know if these quotes are in response to questions, or if Phil has put this out of his own accord.
    He'll be gone in the summer, shame really

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Can will be gone in the summer.

Coutinho will see out his career here.
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Can will be gone in the summer.

Coutinho will see out his career here.
    They are both gone and it’s a shame... The club played its part in this... Just hope they are replaced properly

I'm sick of the little **** now. I would hope we have CMs lined up in Jan if he stirs it up again.

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect

The quotes are off the BBC website but they don't credit a source.

Saw a couple of post-match videos doing the rounds last night where he got asked all sorts of awkward questions so my best guess is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    I'm sick of the little **** now. I would hope we have CMs lined up in Jan if he stirs it up again.
    Now that was an incredible sulk from you. Sick of him? He scored a hat-trick last night in a 7-0 win.

He's going in the Summer. Everyone knows this.

Goretzka and Insigne would be my buys.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Barcelona will probably put offers in for Phil Coutinho, Sadio Mane, and Mo Salah. They seem to like our players that much. And probably try to whip Kloppo from under our noses too.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post

slimman is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    He's not leaving in January, makes no sense for him or us at this point. He'll be off in the summer.
    Exactly this.

I love how the media are trying to make a story out of this. It doesn't make sense.

So in the summer we didn't even give Barca a potential number, just "he's not for sale"...then after endless stories literally every other day for 3 weeks to try and get us to fold he stays for us to suddenly sell him 4 months later, good one

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Barcelona will probably put offers in for Phil Coutinho, Sadio Mane, and Mo Salah. They seem to like our players that much. And probably try to whip Kloppo from under our noses too.
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.

Thankyou, but it doesn't say who he is talking to.

The BBC are running the same article, with exactly the same quotes, and neither are quoting the source

I guess I'd like to know what questions he was asked, by whom, to elicit these quotes - the context can often make a difference
    I don't think there is a video of that but I think is pretty clear that he leaves the door open whilst saying that he would give his best while he is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    They are both gone and it’s a shame... The club played its part in this... Just hope they are replaced properly
    The club hardly played a part in the coutinho one, the man wants to leave for Barca, nothing we can do about that even if we were massively successful since phil had been here he would still want Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsKing View Post
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.
    The rumour is that it's the wife at least saying consider the move to Barca, good friends with Suarez's wife etc etc...who knows but that was where the initial story came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Baros--5 View Post
    The club hardly played a part in the coutinho one, the man wants to leave for Barca, nothing we can do about that even if we were massively successful since phil had been here he would still want Barca.
    Yep.

I said in the summer he would end up at PSG and i'm sticking to that

Considering Kubala, Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho amongst some others have played all there, I guess they will not have a major problem to attract the next big star.

Quote Originally Posted by slimman View Post
    The rumour is that it's the wife at least saying consider the move to Barca, good friends with Suarez's wife etc etc...who knows but that was where the initial story came from.
    Yes, sure.
    blame the missus, that always works.

Thats a very narrow minded view.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    I agree to an extent, Messi is a once in a lifetime; take him and Suarez out and they are not that great

Quote Originally Posted by NYscouser View Post
    Left out Keita
    Keita was signed a week or so later and my crystal ball was broken