Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 132

Thread: Can and Coutinho

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    How has it come to this! Two of Rodger's best three midfield buys basically wanting out. Coutinho with his transfer request and Can refusing to sign a contract extension.

    In Lallana's absense through injury, if we lose both that leaves us with Captain Henderson, bog standard Milner and the invisible Dutchman Wijnaldum as our available senior midfielders. Seriously, will the pain ever stop!

    Thankfully, though perhaps a little too green and inexperienced, Grujic and Ajaria look pretty useful. Neither having Coady or Spearing limitations about them thankfully!

    But surely we need to be convincing Can and (if possible) Coutinho to stay?
    Left out Keita
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    9,849
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Some new quotes from Phil:

    "I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

    "What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

    "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

    "Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

    "I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters."
    i doubt we'd sell him in january, especially with him cup tied for the CL, he will be gone in the summer though
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,104
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Some new quotes from Phil:

    "I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

    "What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

    "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

    "Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

    "I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters."
    I don't think he will go anywhere in January or there will be even an offer for him. In the summer, I would say is likely.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,172
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Some new quotes from Phil:

    "I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

    "What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

    "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

    "Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

    "I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters."
    Do you happen to know to whom he said these things ?

    And in what context ? interview or whatever ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,104
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Do you happen to know to whom he said these things ?

    And in what context ? interview or whatever ?
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...elona-interest
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,172
    Thankyou, but it doesn't say who he is talking to.

    The BBC are running the same article, with exactly the same quotes, and neither are quoting the source

    I guess I'd like to know what questions he was asked, by whom, to elicit these quotes - the context can often make a difference
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,267
    He's not leaving in January, makes no sense for him or us at this point. He'll be off in the summer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,167
    The media will pounce on anything for a story. It was clear he wanted to join Barca, but nothing materialised.

    We move on...until next summer...

    Meyer, Goretzka and Keita will soften the blow.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurgenmeister View Post
    The media will pounce on anything for a story. It was clear he wanted to join Barca, but nothing materialised.

    We move on...until next summer...

    Meyer, Goretzka and Keita will soften the blow.
    These are rock solid quotes, not 'anything', and they are not the quotes of a man who see's his future in L4

    I would really like to know if these quotes are in response to questions, or if Phil has put this out of his own accord.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    17,107
    It is obvious he will and still wants to leave. I don't think that would surprise anyone. As long as we keep him until the end of the season I am happy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,267
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    These are rock solid quotes, not 'anything', and they are not the quotes of a man who see's his future in L4

    I would really like to know if these quotes are in response to questions, or if Phil has put this out of his own accord.
    He'll be gone in the summer, shame really
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,942
    Can will be gone in the summer.

    Coutinho will see out his career here.
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,195
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Can will be gone in the summer.

    Coutinho will see out his career here.
    They are both gone and it’s a shame... The club played its part in this... Just hope they are replaced properly
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Some new quotes from Phil:

    "I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

    "What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

    "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

    "Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

    "I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters."
    I'm sick of the little **** now. I would hope we have CMs lined up in Jan if he stirs it up again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,479
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    These are rock solid quotes, not 'anything', and they are not the quotes of a man who see's his future in L4

    I would really like to know if these quotes are in response to questions, or if Phil has put this out of his own accord.
    The quotes are off the BBC website but they don't credit a source.

    Saw a couple of post-match videos doing the rounds last night where he got asked all sorts of awkward questions so my best guess is one of them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    I'm sick of the little **** now. I would hope we have CMs lined up in Jan if he stirs it up again.
    Now that was an incredible sulk from you. Sick of him? He scored a hat-trick last night in a 7-0 win.

    He's going in the Summer. Everyone knows this.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    792
    Goretzka and Insigne would be my buys.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,458
    Barcelona will probably put offers in for Phil Coutinho, Sadio Mane, and Mo Salah. They seem to like our players that much. And probably try to whip Kloppo from under our noses too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,104
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    I'm sick of the little **** now. I would hope we have CMs lined up in Jan if he stirs it up again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    slimman is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43,414
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    He's not leaving in January, makes no sense for him or us at this point. He'll be off in the summer.
    Exactly this.

    I love how the media are trying to make a story out of this. It doesn't make sense.

    So in the summer we didn't even give Barca a potential number, just "he's not for sale"...then after endless stories literally every other day for 3 weeks to try and get us to fold he stays for us to suddenly sell him 4 months later, good one
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Barcelona will probably put offers in for Phil Coutinho, Sadio Mane, and Mo Salah. They seem to like our players that much. And probably try to whip Kloppo from under our noses too.
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,104
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Thankyou, but it doesn't say who he is talking to.

    The BBC are running the same article, with exactly the same quotes, and neither are quoting the source

    I guess I'd like to know what questions he was asked, by whom, to elicit these quotes - the context can often make a difference
    I don't think there is a video of that but I think is pretty clear that he leaves the door open whilst saying that he would give his best while he is still here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    They are both gone and it’s a shame... The club played its part in this... Just hope they are replaced properly
    The club hardly played a part in the coutinho one, the man wants to leave for Barca, nothing we can do about that even if we were massively successful since phil had been here he would still want Barca.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    slimman is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43,414
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsKing View Post
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.
    The rumour is that it's the wife at least saying consider the move to Barca, good friends with Suarez's wife etc etc...who knows but that was where the initial story came from.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    slimman is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Baros--5 View Post
    The club hardly played a part in the coutinho one, the man wants to leave for Barca, nothing we can do about that even if we were massively successful since phil had been here he would still want Barca.
    Yep.

    I said in the summer he would end up at PSG and i'm sticking to that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,104
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsKing View Post
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.
    Considering Kubala, Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho amongst some others have played all there, I guess they will not have a major problem to attract the next big star.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,104
    Quote Originally Posted by slimman View Post
    The rumour is that it's the wife at least saying consider the move to Barca, good friends with Suarez's wife etc etc...who knows but that was where the initial story came from.
    Yes, sure.
    blame the missus, that always works.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsKing View Post
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.
    Thats a very narrow minded view.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,942
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasIsKing View Post
    Maybe but once Messi and Suarez start to decline where are they going to go from there? Long term I wouldn’t think Barcelona is the place to go. They have a manager no one has even heard of... they’ll pull the Brazilians but only due to that lure of the old superstars playing.
    I agree to an extent, Messi is a once in a lifetime; take him and Suarez out and they are not that great
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,305
    Quote Originally Posted by NYscouser View Post
    Left out Keita
    Keita was signed a week or so later and my crystal ball was broken
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •