Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can and Coutinho

1. #1 Default Can and Coutinho 
    How has it come to this! Two of Rodger's best three midfield buys basically wanting out. Coutinho with his transfer request and Can refusing to sign a contract extension.

In Lallana's absense through injury, if we lose both that leaves us with Captain Henderson, bog standard Milner and the invisible Dutchman Wijnaldum as our available senior midfielders. Seriously, will the pain ever stop!

Thankfully, though perhaps a little too green and inexperienced, Grujic and Ajaria look pretty useful. Neither having Coady or Spearing limitations about them thankfully!

But surely we need to be convincing Can and (if possible) Coutinho to stay?
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 20-8-17 at 10:32.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Coutinho staying, and performing with a genuine desire to play for the club, would be crucial at this point for us. No guile at all in midfield and had he not been arsing about, I'm under no illusion we'd have beaten Watford and beaten Palace with a lot more conviction.

With Can, the only reason I care about him staying for now, is because we're disgustingly short in midfield. Had we conducted ourselves properly this summer and signed two midfielders to go straight into the first team, with one being the very minimum requirement, then I'd not give a toss about Can's contract situation.
    Last edited by RobertoBaggio94; 20-8-17 at 08:05.

Did we need yet another moaning about the squad thread?

Coutinho won't be leaving this summer, that much should now be clear.

Can - I'd like him to stay. He's got great potential. I'd like him to sign the contract as I wouldn't want to lose him on a free.But he's not pulling up so many trees that I will be crying into my beer if he goes. If he's got delusions of grandeur that he is going to get into the Juve first team, power to him.

If a team that are consistently winning things come in for you then why not.

Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post

Can - I'd like him to stay. He's got great potential. I'd like him to sign the contract as I wouldn't want to lose him on a free.But he's not pulling up so many trees that I will be crying into my beer if he goes. If he's got delusions of grandeur that he is going to get into the Juve first team, power to him.
    This, Can has shown some real quality at times but now is not the time for him professionally to move Clubs. Not consistant enough to be an automatic starter at another top Club. I've always believed that if a player does not want to be here then 'allez' however, under the current measure of quality in the squad I think that we may keep him and let his time run. Tough he will need to be replaced so the financial call would be to sell now and replace with cost of equivalent plus Can's 20m! But it seems time is not on our side for that.

This thread is about why both want to go, it doesn't matter if Coutinho stays or not this season, he wants to leave and doesn't want to play again for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    This thread is about why both want to go, it doesn't matter if Coutinho stays or not this season, he wants to leave and doesn't want to play again for the club.
    Players want to leave clubs all of the time. Players left Real, Juve and Barca this summer. No need to overanalyse it

We don't need multiple threads complaining about transfers out (and in) in my opinion.

Players want to leave clubs all of the time. Players left Real, Juve and Barca this summer. No need to overanalyse it

We don't need multiple threads complaining about transfers out (and in) in my opinion.
    I think when your best player wants to leave again then you need to analyse it.

And there are multiple existing threads to do it in.

I'm not a mod (before someone says) - it just seems that every time I log in, there are more and more negative threads around similar topics... even when we have just won a game, has one person even considered starting a thread about 4pts on the board, one foot in the CL. Nope, the joy of a win lasts 2mins, and the moaning / fuming continues.

If you don't know why a player would want to leave us for Barcelona, you need analyzing.

Do people see Can and Coutinho as a possible midfield 2?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    I don't trust Can's discipline in a 2. He loves his bombs forward too much, leaving the back 4 exposed. I actually don't like him as the #6 at all. Think he'd be better closer to an #8 position.

Yes but it doesn't look great.

Yes but it doesn't look great.
    Wouldn't have it away from home but at home with another attacker could work I think.

I don't trust Can's discipline in a 2. He loves his bombs forward too much, leaving the back 4 exposed. I actually don't like him as the #6 at all. Think he'd be better closer to an #8 position.
    I think he's a better 6 than Henderson, he's not good enough going forward to be anything else. I think that pair would be very good at home to **** teams.

Coutinho can never play in a midfield 2 as he is too weak. It would be a midfield 1.

Quote Originally Posted by elmo the cat View Post
    Coutinho can never play in a midfield 2 as he is too weak. It would be a midfield 1.
    Disagree, he can let the ball do the work, doesn't need to be some tank. Modric and Xavi weren't

I think he's a better 6 than Henderson, he's not good enough going forward to be anything else. I think that pair would be very good at home to **** teams.
    For me, he's a better #6 playmaker than Henderson, due to better vision, and better in tight spaces. But for me he's not got the energy and discipline of Hendo for that #6 protector for the back 4 throughout a game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hendo is the perfect protector either. But I trust him to do the job more than Can.

Disagree, he can let the ball do the work, doesn't need to be some tank. Modric and Xavi weren't
    Who said anything about being a tank ?

Modric and Xavi can hassle and tackle/win the ball. Coutinho couldn't take the ball off my missus.

Modric and Xavi can hassle and tackle/win the ball. Coutinho couldn't take the ball off my missus.
    Disagree, he's very good at hustling and harrying

Disagree, he's very good at hustling and harrying
    As you like. Lets agree to disagree

As you like. Lets agree to disagree
    Fair enough mate, this conversation won't matter if Coutinho never recovers from his crippling back injury will it?

I've heard she can get very angry to be fair

Fair enough mate, this conversation won't matter if Coutinho never recovers from his crippling back injury will it?
    It's a real concern, back injuries can cripple you for life but can also clear up over night with no ill effects, what do we do if Coutinho never plays again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    It's a real concern, back injuries can cripple you for life but can also clear up over night with no ill effects, what do we do if Coutinho never plays again ?
    Send him to one of the DLA assessors for a second opinion... they will find him 100% ok to return to work even if he isn't!

I think some hot weather would do it the world of good

I've heard she can get very angry to be fair
    Yeah, bad example really as she IS built like a tank.

Send him to one of the DLA assessors for a second opinion... they will find him 100% ok to return to work even if he isn't!

Did we need yet another moaning about the squad thread....
    Perhaps our two most valuable CMs are agitating for moves. One has handed in a transfer request and the other is refusing to sign his contract with less than a year left on it. If that doesn't warrant a discussion then what does?