Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Mohamed Salah

I swear he looks like messi from the main stand
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

What a player eh? Probably the transfer of the season if you take into account money spent and output.

Shame he had to be subbed, but that's probably a decision from the medical department regardless of how the game's going. He was going to play only 60 today.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    I actually think he has overtaken De Bruyne as current player of the season for me, been on fire now for a long period while De Bruyne is just smouldering currently.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    I actually think he has overtaken De Bruyne as current player of the season for me, been on fire now for a long period while De Bruyne is just smouldering currently.
    Bit like Messi and Ronaldo for me. KDB will get it because of the trophies eventually, but Salah might deserve it individually.

A truly outstanding player . Our best since Suarez. Could become better . Frightening potential.

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Amazing player at the moment.

With all the furore about Lovren/Ref/penalty/non-penalty/Klopp etc etc , I think the quality of Salah's goal yesterday has gone practically without mention.

Without doubt he has well exceeded all of our expectations. A few weeks back I urged caution on over-hyping him on the basis that his hot streak wouldn't/couldn't last and we should hold judgement until we see what he does over the whole season.

I still urge caution as it is still only a few months, but the guy just seems to be getting better and better. He is fast becoming our go to player, our gamechanger. His confidence is pitch perfect at the moment and every time he gets on the ball we are expecting something to happen.

Ironically, and this might seem churlish, but his finishing is not his greatest strength! His awareness, intelligence, speed of mind and legs, strength on the ball, and his ability to always seem to get in the right position are all top notch.

All of these qualities make for a truly special player.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    With all the furore about Lovren/Ref/penalty/non-penalty/Klopp etc etc , I think the quality of Salah's goal yesterday has gone practically without mention.

Without doubt he has well exceeded all of our expectations. A few weeks back I urged caution on over-hyping him on the basis that his hot streak wouldn't/couldn't last and we should hold judgement until we see what he does over the whole season.

I still urge caution as it is still only a few months, but the guy just seems to be getting better and better. He is fast becoming our go to player, our gamechanger. His confidence is pitch perfect at the moment and every time he gets on the ball we are expecting something to happen.

Ironically, and this might seem churlish, but his finishing is not his greatest strength! His awareness, intelligence, speed of mind and legs, strength on the ball, and his ability to always seem to get in the right position are all top notch.

All of these qualities make for a truly special player.
    You can listen to our podcast to hear fans wax lyrical about the goal if you like

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    Bit like Messi and Ronaldo for me. KDB will get it because of the trophies eventually, but Salah might deserve it individually.
    KDB has been superb even without goals. Salah has been a superb goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    True. De Bruyne isn't really a consistent scorer. But that belies just how good he is everywhere else. Some of his passing has me questioning my own eyes at times.

Premiership player of the year.

.....You heard it here first
    My ship is coming in.

i've actually not even thought about it because he's doing it so often it doesnt feel like a big deal. what a signing
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Premiership player of the year.

.....You heard it here first
    David Silva.

Overlooked because of how much plaudits De Bruyne is getting. Salah has been easily the best new signing, and he's right up there with De Bruyne for having an impact for his club, but David Silva has been the best player in the league by some distance in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    A truly outstanding player . Our best since Suarez. Could become better . Frightening potential.
    Better than Suarez? Nowhere close. Hes a great goal scorer. Suarez was a worldie.

Better than Suarez? Nowhere close. He’s a great goal scorer. Suarez was a worldie.
    Yeah, the comparisons to Suarez are overblown. Salah is brilliant, but some of the things Suarez was doing for us in his final season here were simply outrageous.

Better than Suarez? Nowhere close. He’s a great goal scorer. Suarez was a worldie.
    We need to see Salah do it over a few seasons before any such comparisons be made. Not that comparisons have any real meaning anyway.

But for now Salah is performing incredibly well and arguably having the greatest immediate impact since signing since...well, John Barnes!!

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    reminds me of the roadrunner once he gets going.

Its very unfair to compare the two. Suarez was a striker, and was bought as a striker. Salah was bought as a wide forward/ winger.

What is undeniable is that Salah has far exceeded any reasonable expectations when we bought him, and he just seems to be getting better and better every week
    My ship is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Its very unfair to compare the two. Suarez was a striker, and was bought as a striker. Salah was bought as a wide forward/ winger.

What is undeniable is that Salah has far exceeded any reasonable expectations when we bought him, and he just seems to be getting better and better every week
    I don’t know anyone that expected Suarez to be as good as he was ad the goals he scored got better every week. He could have had a goal of the season competition on his own

yet again congrats to Momo for all the lots of rewards is actually racking up since he wears the LFC shirt,

3 times Standard Chartered player of the month (August, September, November),

best goal of the month of November,

overall BBC African Player of the year,

plus further UEFA Champions League rewardings, which surely have helped the player to be brought on the shields on the european stage,

the dude will never finish to awe me!

keep it up Momo, and bring finally our club some silverware before the current season round off!

we love you, Momo!

Last edited by rosso76; 15-12-17 at 12:15.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    yet again congrats to Momo for all the lots of rewards is actually racking up since he wears the LFC shirt,

3 times our official website player of the month (August, September, November),

best goal of the month of November,

overall BBC African Player of the year,

plus further UEFA Champions League rewardings, which surely have helped the player to be brought on the shields on the european stage,

the dude will never finish to awe me!

keep it up Momo, and bring finally our club some silverware before the current season round off!

we love you, Momo!

Speak for yourself
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    Speak for yourself
    don't you love Momo, mate? he's actually our best footballer! I'm surprised by your answer, buddy

I understand Real Madrid are going to sign Salah. Apparently they will allow us to take ione of the players they don't want and also give us some money. They really are along with Barcelona a really generous club. Liverpool did the right thing with Barc and Coutinho . They should do exactly the same with Madrid if they come calling. When I look at the players we have allowed to leave i can't believe it

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    McLovin Salah

.... and now rewarded as Premiere League Player of the month for November, mates!

congrats Momo for this further recognition,

you will never finish to astonish us!

You'll Never Walk Alone Momo Salah!

keep it up egyptian Messiah!

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    don't you love Momo, mate? he's actually our best footballer! I'm surprised by your answer, buddy
    Yeah he's been great for us so far, don't quite love him yet, but if he carries it on he will have my heart
    Klopps beard twin

Momo has do it over a season or more then I'll be convinced. So far he's been brilliant without doubt. There have been half a season wonders before like Amr Zaki.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
    Momo has do it over a season or more then I'll be convinced. So far he's been brilliant without doubt. There have been half a season wonders before like Amr Zaki.
    Puzzling post. He's 'done it' for years. Comparisons with Amr *********** Zaki. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Puzzling post. He's 'done it' for years. Comparisons with Amr *********** Zaki. Come on.
    He was flat out one of the best players in Italy last year. Now he's top scorer in England. Amr Zaki, for absolute *****ng ****'s sake.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
    What a stupid comparison