Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: International Break Football

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I had massive hopes for MON, but he’s been a total shambles. Sad.
    Were his Leicester teams as bad to watch? I honestly can't remember.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Were his Leicester teams as bad to watch? I honestly can't remember.
    I don’t remember tbh, but his Celtic team were decent to watch, and good too. For a man who played most of his football under Clough, it makes it even stranger how he’s turned out.

John Robertson was apparently a big part of his success, but I think they parted ways around his time at Villa if I’m not mistaken? He was also a Clough man, so maybe that’s when he lost the plot. I think I remember reading that O'Neill wasn't very hands on, and Robertson did a lot of the daily training.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I donít remember tbh, but his Celtic team were decent to watch, and good too. For a man who played most of his football under Clough, it makes it even stranger how heís turned out.

John Robertson was apparently a big part of his success, but I think they parted ways around his time at Villa if Iím not mistaken? He was also a Clough man, so maybe thatís when he lost the plot. I think I remember reading that O'Neill wasn't very hands on, and Robertson did a lot of the daily training.
    My brother mentioned an interview with a player saying he did virtually no prep work on the opposition. Maybe he's another manager who works best alongside a certain person, and when that person goes it's never quite the same. Even with us Houllier was at his best alongside Berges, Rafa with Pako.