Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Official - LFC sign Naby Keita

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    Yeah, I was listening to a debate on sky/bt a few days ago. It essentially said that Coutinho is a unique player in that he operates so effectively in both a wing forward and a central midfield position.

So, in a nut shell, it is likely that you'd need two players of a really high quality to replace what he brought to the squad.
    In that instance I suppose it would be about which one you would prioritise. I know Lemar can operate in a couple of positions. Personally, I feel that we would be taking a big hit in quality, but I think the reality is that we should expect that, given how special Coutinho is.

The argument would be that with both Lemar (that type of quality) and VVD, overall we would be stronger... on paper
    like salah and keita?

which is what has been done
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Some fairly solid rumours that he will be a Liverpool player by Sunday/Monday. If we've agreed to pay 10m more if they qualify for the CL anyway, and we're paying 17m now, basically means we're only paying 7m more than we potentially would have, seems reasonable enough.
    i read these rumours too, not substantiated as of yet though

cant wait to see naby ine up for us. phil who

Stories about Keita having his last game for Leipzig today, against Schalke. How nice it would be if Goretzka joined our party and tomorrow we unveil them both before the City game. "Yesterday enemies, today teammates"

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    Stories about Keita having his last game for Leipzig today, against Schalke. How nice it would be if Goretzka joined our party and tomorrow we unveil them both before the City game. "Yesterday enemies, today teammates"
    i d be happy with just naby arriving but getting goretzka to sign a precontract would be the icing on the cake of a very good window

assuming its vvd and naby in now goretzka for summer and just phil out

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i d be happy with just naby arriving but getting goretzka to sign a precontract would be the icing on the cake of a very good window

Definitely. I am just having a bit of wishful thinking here

like salah and keita?

which is what has been done
    Salah was already here. We have just lost quality and depth from attacking midfield and the left wing. I highly doubt that Salah is part of Coutinho's replacement.

Salah was already here. We have just lost quality and depth from attacking midfield and the left wing. I highly doubt that Salah is part of Coutinho's replacement.
    maybe maybe not

but the guy said we d need two high quality payers one wide forward and one mdfielder to replace phil and hats what we got salah and naby...

He isn't.

Phil put his transfer request in late summer. Salah signed in July.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    He isn't.

Phil put his transfer request in late summer. Salah signed in July.
    and the owners couldnt possibly have been ooking at seling phil for years just waiting til his market value peaks

you think our owners plan by the month? cos i dont

i think the sae of coutinho was a fundamenta part of their plans for growth... i dont say this as a bad thing just a neccesary

would you swap coutinho for salah naby and vvd. i definately would

its gonna be interesting to see if with payer sales we spend 200 m this summer. 146 pus salaes of marko sturridge etc should add up to 200 m

i bet we dont spend more than 100

add in Lemar and ill count the window net positive

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    add in Lemar and ill count the window net positive
    it s positive anyway even with just vvd and naby, 2 quality players in , 1 out

it s positive anyway even with just vvd and naby, 2 quality players in , 1 out
    Salah's pretty decent too.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Have you guys seen these rubbish reports?!

Manuel Veth @ManuelVeth 16h16 hours ago
    Hearing from Leipzig that the #Keta deal will be about €95 million (not confirmed yet). The deal appears to be done. #LFC

James Nalton @JDNalton Jan 11
    Bild are now reporting this too. They say a deal for Naby Keita can be done in January if Liverpool raise the transfer fee to €95m.
    (copied from paid section)

Surely we're not spending extra 30 mil just to get him 4 months earlier!

AnfieldSouth41 is online now Academy prospect
    Thats a huge figure, I hope he is the real deal, for 95m you would hope so.

and the owners couldnt possibly have been ooking at seling phil for years just waiting til his market value peaks

you think our owners plan by the month? cos i dont

i think the sae of coutinho was a fundamenta part of their plans for growth... i dont say this as a bad thing just a neccesary

would you swap coutinho for salah naby and vvd. i definately would

its gonna be interesting to see if with payer sales we spend 200 m this summer. 146 pus salaes of marko sturridge etc should add up to 200 m

i bet we dont spend more than 100
    I don't believe FSG planned Phil's exit. That's obvious. But, I expected them to sell him once we won something under Klopp.

FSG's original plan was to develop youth, turn them into superstars, win something, then, perhaps, sell them on at their peak.
    To do it on the cheap didn't work.

Now it seems they are buying developed players like VVD, mid 20s, and building a team for the next three years and win stuff and don't worry about future value.

By signing Klopp, it was an intent to win --- and build a dynasty, hence Gerrard's return, develop the ground, training facilities.
    Last edited by RedsFanBro; 13-1-18 at 15:48.

Hearing from Leipzig that the #Keta deal will be about €95 million (not confirmed yet). The deal appears to be done. #LFC

Bild are now reporting this too. They say a deal for Naby Keita can be done in January if Liverpool raise the transfer fee to €95m.

A bit daft to pay 30million on top... but if Klopp wants him now, then I ain't arguing.

euros and sterling....

People who know him well, what will he bring to us then ?

Box to box all action Gerrard ?

Sitting role like Kante but getting forward now and again and chipping in with a few goals ?

Havnt seen any full matches of Leipzig, only some highlight videos on youtube, but he looks well capable of running with the ball, getting forward and grabbing us a few goals.

euros and sterling....
    Pretty much 85m.

But im not sure when you do a deal do you pay the rate on the day you made the deal ie last August or will we pay the rate of June 2018, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    I don't believe FSG planned Phil's exit. That's obvious. But, I expected them to sell him once we won something under Klopp.

FSG's original plan was to develop youth, turn them into superstars, win something, then, perhaps, sell them on at their peak.
    To do it on the cheap didn't work.

Now it seems they are buying developed players like VVD, mid 20s, and building a team for the next three years and win stuff and don't worry about future value.

By signing Klopp, it was an intent to win --- and build a dynasty, hence Gerrard's return, develop the ground, training facilities.
    now they are seling superstars to buy more superstars . its okay with me , the club is growing albeit sowly

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post

Sitting role like Kante but getting forward now and again and chipping in with a few goals ?

Havnt seen any full matches of Leipzig, only some highlight videos on youtube, but he looks well capable of running with the ball, getting forward and grabbing us a few goals.
    i saw 3-4 games this season

what you get, bite mixed with finesse, excellent dribbling skills , an eye for a goal, defensively solid, the perfect all round midfielder , strong in all aspects of midfield play, good tidy one two passing, good vision, good shooting , great tackling abilty

he s a winner. we re buying a winner. just my opinion, he s fighting spirit with a brilliant brain and supreme athelticism to implement his brain and wills vision

with keita in midfield you wont see us colapsing so easily, he s ike roy kean mixed with deco and can dribble almost aswell as coutinho

he will quickly estabish himself as one of the top 3 no 8s in england, second to maybe only de bruyne but keita is just 22 he stil has room to develop even more

in a push he can play the no 6 role almost as well defensively as kante but with arguably better distribution skills but playing him as a 6 may be a waste of his attacking abilities

safe to say i am very excited about this guy joining. when macherano joined i thought yes he s the one that binds them all together and we win a title. along with vvd i think keita could be the one who pushes us closer to it still.

admittedly the 3-4 games i saw were very early this season when he was getting sent off a bit so his fighting spirit may be overemphasized but his hunger to tackle and win the ball was evident through almost all of the games i saw. and he s pretty damned good at it
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 13-1-18 at 16:00.

i saw 3-4 games this season

what you get, bite mixed with finesse, excellent dribbling skills , an eye for a goal, defensively solid, the perfect all round midfielder , strong in all aspects of midfield play, good tidy one two passing, good vision, good shooting , great tackling abilty

he s a winner. we re buying a winner. just my opinion, he s fighting spirit with a brilliant brain

with keita in midfield you wont see us colapsing so easily, he s ike roy kean mixed with deco and can dribble almost aswell as coutinho

he will quickly estabish himself as one of the top 3 no 8s in england, second to maybe only de bruyne but keita is just 22 he stil has room to develop even more
    Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.
    very excited, he s taking the 8 jersey, de bruyne is the ony other midfielder i would rather have our no 8 shirt,. i think de buyne is the modern day gerrard, the way he strikes the ball , the way he shoots, technically you can see he studied gerrard

regarding keita, theres nothing he s not at least very good at. ong range passing isnt really a feature of his game. but picking the ball in tight spaces turning weaving and running at their defense in the same way phil did for us is also a very strong aspect of how he plays the game.

finaly we have a top quality central midfielder whois very good in tight spaces

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name

That is more stupid than Van Dijk's fee. We need to be more sensible, spend that 30 million on Goretzka or a goalkeeeper.

I think he's playing today, at 17:30. You should check it out, if you can.

We have nothing like him in the midfield at the moment. Defensively he's solid. He's actually played most of his games as a defensive midfielder this season. However, his best position is at central midfield, as a box to box man. He's very forward thinking, with a quick mind, and his dribbling is extremely impressive.

His dribbling stats show that he averages 3.9 dribbles a game. Keep in mind that Salah is only at 2.6, and dribbling master that is Hazard is at something like 4.4.

He's a top player.

We have nothing like him in the midfield at the moment. Defensively he's solid. He's actually played most of his games as a defensive midfielder this season. However, his best position is at central midfield, as a box to box man. He's very forward thinking, with a quick mind, and his dribbling is extremely impressive.

His dribbling stats show that he averages 3.9 dribbles a game. Keep in mind that Salah is only at 2.6, and dribbling master that is Hazard is at something like 4.4.

He's a top player.
    Hopefully not!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Hopefully not!
    Hahah. It would be food for thought if he does turn out for them.

Hahah. It would be food for thought if he does turn out for them.

Just noticed that he is starting, so that brings into question some of the reports that have him at Anfield tomorrow.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect

He's a top player.
    He has been selected to play.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    He has been selected to play.
    Yeah, he seems to be playing attacking midfield today.