Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official - LFC sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

1. #1 Default Official - LFC sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal.

The England international penned a long-term contract with the Reds after a medical was conducted at St George’s Park, where the 24-year-old is currently on duty with his country.

Oxlade-Chamberlain made 132 Premier League appearances for the Gunners during his six years in north London, and has 27 caps for the Three Lions to date.

The midfielder, the club’s fourth signing of the summer, bolsters Jürgen Klopp’s squad as Liverpool prepare to compete in three domestic competitions and the Champions League.

In a message to Reds fans after sealing the move, Oxlade-Chamberlain said: “I’m currently away with England, so I’m at St George’s Park. Firstly, I’m delighted to have signed for Liverpool and a big thank-you to everyone here at the FA that has made this possible, using the facilities. It has been a massive help.

“I’m not going to say too much today; I’m here with England and we’ve got two big games coming up, so I want to focus on them. But I can’t wait to get to Melwood and you’ll hear first from me on LFCTV.”

------------------------

Welcome to LFC Ox! YNWA
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Good luck, Oxy.

SouthernRob is offline Academy prospect
    He better not get number 10!

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    Best of luck I guess, I hope he proves me wrong and be a valuable asset

Welcome to Liverpool FC

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    good short term cover for lallana and the wide men. he definately strengthens the squad rather than the first 11.i expect him to play the lallana role in the immediate until phil is back in the 11 but then where does he fit? he s an alternative to emre and gini maybe and a player that allows us to rest salah and mane.

that being said i think he will suit one of the two more advanced midfield roles , has the pace intelligence and hunger to be effective as part of a pressing game plus last season showed he has some abilties in his passing from a deeper midfield position that were previously unseen.

steep price for a man with 12 months left on his contract.

and plus 1 for homegrown quotas

should be ready to slot straight into the side due to knowing our other england players from international duties and being used to the league

I hope he is a big success here under the guidance of Klopp and hopefully stays fit.
    Welcome Ox.

Last edited by GrottonRed; 31-8-17 at 16:05. Reason: use the appropriate thread

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RodgersTBE View Post
    No sign of van Dijk, but don't worry guys we got someone to warm our bench. Ridiculous.
    There was no sign of Keita signing.

Anything can happen out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I hope he is a big success here under the guidance of Klopp and hopefully stays fit.
    Welcome Ox.
    Wish him the same.

Welcome Alex and wear the shirt with pride, give only your best, and we will love you for it.

Decent signing, I like the Ox. Hope he goes some way towards fulfilling his potential. No doubt Klopp's the man who can make it happen if it's in there

Welcome to Liverpool Alex

Sorry Alex, welcome to the club and everything but we are currently tracking private jets that may have Van Dijk on them, we'll welcome you properly later

Can he play CB?

Seems like he was very motivated to come play for us, that's a great sign. He looks the perfect sort of player that Klopp could work with and really improve too. Best of luck to him.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RodgersTBE View Post
    No sign of van Dijk, but don't worry guys we got someone to warm our bench. Ridiculous.
    It's called depth. We've been lacking it for years.

As for Van Dijk, we can't force Southampton to sell to us.

Ox is actually a very good signing. People should not take the stats too seriously, he was being played as a wing back much of the time. He epitomises the reason Arsenal are in a mess at present, Wenger has lost his mojo when it comes to developing players, whereas Jurgen Klopp simply excels. Ox has a great shot, very good passing and good dribbling, not to mention he also has pace, he has lots of room for development and I think Klopp is the right man to turn him into a monster. He is not a Coutinho replacement, he can slot in for Gini, Can, Mane or Salah and will eventually be up to par with all of them, an exciting prospect indeed and very versatile player, good buy.

He has good attributes. He can pass, cross and shoot. He will be playing with workaholics around him now so hopefully he will learns quickly that he needs to play full throttle or he won't get games.

Also, I see him playing either as a CM or a WF (more likely). A decent signing.

132 league apps in six years is somewhat worrying, 21 a season............

Also who is going to make way to fulfil his belief he'll start more here than at Chelsea........
    People will believe what they want to believe

Welcome the Ox.
    Farewell my lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by la9li View Post
    Can he play CB?
    Central Bench?

Yes, yes he can.

A solid signing ... overshadowed by the fact he isn't REALLY needed and our continuing lack of defensive strengthening.

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    A solid signing ... overshadowed by the fact he isn't REALLY needed and our continuing lack of defensive strengthening.
    You know something the manager doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    The prices being bandied about, particularly in wages, are a bit high for my taste but otherwise this is spot on. 3rd choice pacy attacker, 5th or so choice AM (not including the incoming Keita) is somewhat of a luxury buy and the price seems excessive particularly given how bare of quality our cupboard is at the back.

i wonder where and how much he will play.yes,we have a lot games to play,but wingers are better than him,midfield also+phil and lallana will come back,so?

What do people think of Arsenal's central midfield? Because just remember, Ox couldn't get in as a starter ahead of them.

Klopp will have to work his magic.

Being honest, I don't think Arsene used him to his full strengths, I am 100% sure he will be 10 times the player for us than he was for Arsenal. He will start many games as we do have to rotate, because there are a lot of games coming up. I think in this age of football and the amount of games per season It is important to have such versatile players like Ox. Reminds me of when we brought Milly in. Noone was actually jumping with joy, but after he put in a few shifts, we realised his worth. Ox will be much the same, but probably better as he is more talented. Im excited to see what Klopp will do with him, because with the right guidance he can become a top, top player for us. He will fit right into our system as he is very hard working too.

hopefully he can move up a level , the jury is definitely out
    UPSKRTEL

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    What do people think of Arsenal's central midfield? Because just remember, Ox couldn't get in as a starter ahead of them.

Klopp will have to work his magic.
    I think Klopp see's a player that is waiting to be 'unleashed' so to speak.

Give Ox the opportunity to be more direct, bomb forward with his pace and strength.

Some mixed feelings about the signing - but absolutely love the fact that we've totally stuck it to both Arsenal and Chelsea with a single blow. And if he really has accepted a MUCH smaller offer to come here, even better.

Fair enough that may have been a personal decision but I still think it's significant of our status now.

VVD apparently chose us over similar rivals, Keita signed 12 months early despite his rising status that could have seen any number of clubs chasing his signature next year...it all points to us becoming much more of a serious player in the market.