Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2379

Thread: Squad for the 2017/2018 season, thread 4

  1. #2191  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    It's about getting the right combination of players...and having a back 5 that don't run up the white flag every time the ball gets in our half.
    Would like to see trent given a go in that dm role
    I suspect he could do very well indeed
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2192  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,068
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    Would like to see trent given a go in that dm role
    I suspect he could do very well indeed
    Why? Wont happen, shouldnt happen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #2193  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Why? Wont happen, shouldnt happen.
    Why? because he appers to have the right attributes to play the position

    in fact I think he was a natural midfielder before he switched to full back
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #2194  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,068
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    Why? because he appers to have the right attributes to play the position

    in fact I think he was a natural midfielder before he switched to full back
    What attributes are you referring to?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #2195  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    What attributes are you referring to?
    can defend, can tackle, not bad in the air, can pick a pass, even has a decent long shot and a good engine... I suppose I'd be looking to see how well he would READ the game from that position and to analyse his positional play
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #2196  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,068
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    can defend, can tackle, not bad in the air, can pick a pass, even has a decent long shot and a good engine... I suppose I'd be looking to see how well he would READ the game from that position and to analyse his positional play
    Hes a promising young kid, thats played limited games at right back and done o.k. He"s better off where he is, certainly not the answer for holding midfielder moving forward.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #2197  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,749
    So any news on Ovie Ejaria and Harry Wilson - The club is trying to get them to sign new deals but so far the duo has so far resisted.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #2198  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    So any news on Ovie Ejaria and Harry Wilson - The club is trying to get them to sign new deals but so far the duo has so far resisted.
    Wilson needs more opportunities or he'll be off
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #2199  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,068
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    Wilson needs more opportunities or he'll be off
    Both do really.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #2200  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Both do really.
    ejaria's had a few already
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #2201  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    ejaria's had a few already
    I still want to know what you mean by 'naturals kill'?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #2202  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,068
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    ejaria's had a few already
    Not many of late.

    I suppose if the manager doesn"t think they're ready, or up to it, they don't play.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #2203  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    ejaria's had a few already
    Yes, don't know what's happening there. Pre season JK was very complimentary to him but then he got injured. Still has lovely skills, but I think he is well down the order to force his way into the first team. Feel for the lad, but I think a loan is the best he can hope for.
    loyal since 1960.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #2204  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,619
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Not many of late.

    I suppose if the manager doesn"t think they're ready, or up to it, they don't play.
    yes but there's not a lot more Wilson can do to earn at least a few shots from the bench

    15 games
    10 goals
    11 assists

    for the U23s

    that's a lot more than Ojo or Kent produced
    I am beginning to think Klopp might be somewhat "size-ist" with regards to Wilson since he is of a slight build
    A far superior talent than Ojo or Kent and should at least be given a chance before he leaves
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #2205  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,219
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    yes but there's not a lot more Wilson can do to earn at least a few shots from the bench

    15 games
    10 goals
    11 assists

    for the U23s

    that's a lot more than Ojo or Kent produced
    I am beginning to think Klopp might be somewhat "size-ist" with regards to Wilson since he is of a slight build
    A far superior talent than Ojo or Kent and should at least be given a chance before he leaves
    I agree, I think he should either be given a shot in the first team squad or loaned out, he's clearly out grown the reserves. Disagree with the 'size-ist' comment though, not sure that has any supporting evidence at all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #2206  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22,407
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    yes but there's not a lot more Wilson can do to earn at least a few shots from the bench

    15 games
    10 goals
    11 assists

    for the U23s

    that's a lot more than Ojo or Kent produced
    I am beginning to think Klopp might be somewhat "size-ist" with regards to Wilson since he is of a slight build
    A far superior talent than Ojo or Kent and should at least be given a chance before he leaves
    My personal opinion the under 23 League is rubbish

    He's playing majority the same young players he played against when he first arrived here

    What has he done as a professional player ?

    Like I said he's is at the age of around 20

    When's the last time you had a real kick in the legs to say hey you can't run past me

    Experienced professional players saying I know what to do with you and he have to reproduce even more harder

    That why Ojo , Kent have failed if hardly played any professional football from the age of 17

    Majority of 17 year olds who are playing professional football a streets Ahead of Academy players
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #2207  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I still want to know what you mean by 'naturals kill'?
    HAHAHA, he didn't bite
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #2208  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,749
    Ryan Kent: Bristol City sign Liverpool winger on loan for rest of season
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42663707
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #2209  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Ryan Kent: Bristol City sign Liverpool winger on loan for rest of season
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42663707
    Any reason why he didn't stay at Freiburg?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #2210  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,749
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Any reason why he didn't stay at Freiburg?
    From what I understand - he was recalled after making only 6 appearances and struggling to make the grade
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #2211  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    269
    Lack of game time, Bristol have promised him regular starts ........
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #2212  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Lack of game time, Bristol have promised him regular starts ........
    He was looking very good at Barnsley, and based on the pre season, he looked to have progressed really well. Maybe the Bundesliga was a step too far too soon, so hopefully he can get back to the track he was on prior.

    Klopp actually didn’t want to loan him out this season, so he may well have been used here, but he decided himself to go to Germany for the experience. Fair play to him, and I’m sure it’ll stand to him even if it was a bit disappointing.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #2213  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,690
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Lack of game time, Bristol have promised him regular starts ........
    Let's hope that he gets it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #2214  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,508
    Alisson
    Arnold/Gomez Van Dijk Lovren/Matip Robertson
    Keita Can/Goretzka
    Salah Dybala/Draxler/Lallana Mane/Draxler
    Firmino
    Last edited by Warten Auf 19; 12-1-18 at 20:22.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #2215  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    Would like to see trent given a go in that dm role
    I suspect he could do very well indeed
    He's made great strides this season at right back (i.e. his natural position) and we're short there with only him and Gomez (as Flanagan will probably be off and Clyne is still injured). We are short of defensive midfielders even at U23/U18 level so we do need additions in that area rather than shoehorning a player into that position.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #2216  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,690
    Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    He's made great strides this season at right back (i.e. his natural position) and we're short there with only him and Gomez (as Flanagan will probably be off and Clyne is still injured). We are short of defensive midfielders even at U23/U18 level so we do need additions in that area rather than shoehorning a player into that position.
    This. Playing players out of position should be used only in an emergency, i.e. injury or suspension cover.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #2217  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,690
    Now we are being linked with Sanchez as well. Apparently, Arsenal want 35m and City are offering him 300k per week. Although the fee shouldn't be a big deal, the wage package sounds a bit rich for us.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #2218  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Now we are being linked with Sanchez as well. Apparently, Arsenal want 35m and City are offering him 300k per week. Although the fee shouldn't be a big deal, the wage package sounds a bit rich for us.
    Solid talk of him going to Utd too. If they sell him to either of us, they may as well just give up.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #2219  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,690
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Solid talk of him going to Utd too. If they sell him to either of us, they may as well just give up.
    I agree. The fans would go nuts if they'd sell to us or United. City would be much more palatable, as they're running away with the league anyway.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #2220  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,116
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    I agree. The fans would go nuts if they'd sell to us or United. City would be much more palatable, as they're running away with the league anyway.
    Yeah, City they could probably handle, but otherwise it’s just suicidal.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •