Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 166

Thread: Under 23s

  1. #31  
    AnfieldSouth41 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,397
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    I've been crying out for him to be given a chance in the senior team for a while now
    great to hear him turning it on
    Ben woodburn for Wales, 2 apps, 1 goal 17 years old
    Harry Wilson for Wales, 1 app, 0 goals. 20 years old

    not bashing here, i dont know much about these two, but does anyone know why Woodburn already has 2 caps and he is 3 years younger ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post
    Ben woodburn for Wales, 2 apps, 1 goal 17 years old
    Harry Wilson for Wales, 1 app, 0 goals. 20 years old

    not bashing here, i dont know much about these two, but does anyone know why Woodburn already has 2 caps and he is 3 years younger ?
    Plays a different position?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    AnfieldSouth41 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    Plays a different position?
    could well be that yep.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Liverpool u23's beat Spurs 4-2 last night markovic and woodburn started.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Kelleher, virtue, Phillips, Jones, Whelan, Grujic, Ejaria, woodburn, markovic, Wilson , Brewster.
    Wilson scored a hatrick. Brewster scored also.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    6 wins in 6 top of the league.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    6 wins in 6 top of the league.
    Are they busy this evening?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Kelleher, virtue, Phillips, Jones, Whelan, Grujic, Ejaria, woodburn, markovic, Wilson , Brewster.
    Wilson scored a hatrick. Brewster scored also.
    Hopefully this means Ings is on the bench vs Leicester.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Hopefully this means Ings is on the bench vs Leicester.
    Had forgotten about him not being involved.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    Harry was highest goal scorer last season for U23
    Scored a hat trick yesterday

    Don't know why we didn't Give him a chance this season.... And bought a frustration in Ox


    NEXT YEAR WE SHOULD DO MASSIVE OVERHAUL BY SELLING MOST SQUAD PLAYERS, PROMOTING THE YOUTHS, FILLING THE TEAM UP WITH NECESSARY WORLD CLASS SIGNINGS
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Quote Originally Posted by pite12c View Post
    Harry was highest goal scorer last season for U23
    Scored a hat trick yesterday

    Don't know why we didn't Give him a chance this season.... And bought a frustration in Ox


    NEXT YEAR WE SHOULD DO MASSIVE OVERHAUL BY SELLING MOST SQUAD PLAYERS, PROMOTING THE YOUTHS, FILLING THE TEAM UP WITH NECESSARY WORLD CLASS SIGNINGS
    2 goals Monday and 3 Friday 5 goals in 5 days.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    2 goals Monday and 3 Friday 5 goals in 5 days.
    I'm afraid if Klopp keeps ignoring him, He'll leave for first team football next season
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Quote Originally Posted by pite12c View Post
    I'm afraid if Klopp keeps ignoring him, He'll leave for first team football next season
    Looking to loan him out in January
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Looking to loan him out in January
    So Klopp will be going against his own philosophy then.... He always said we should keep the best of the youths to easily integrate them into the team
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Quote Originally Posted by pite12c View Post
    So Klopp will be going against his own philosophy then.... He always said we should keep the best of the youths to easily integrate them into the team
    He doesn't want to rush him into the first team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    He doesn't want to rush him into the first team.
    Rush him...... Godd
    Harry looks more developed than Woodburn and Ejaria who have both been having game time for the first team ahead of him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by pite12c View Post
    I'm afraid if Klopp keeps ignoring him, He'll leave for first team football next season
    Suso was sold to ac milan less than 2m, then we spent 20m on markovic. Now we bought Ox for 40m, the chance of wilson playing for the first team is absolute zero.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    Suso was sold to ac milan less than 2m, then we spent 20m on markovic. Now we bought Ox for 40m, the chance of wilson playing for the first team is absolute zero.
    That sale still bugs me, Suso was a really good young prospect and is now one of Milan's best players. I don't think it'll be as bad as Chelsea letting Matic go for pennies or United with Pogba but still cross that Brendan was happy to let him go.

    As for Harry Wilson only having one cap to Woodburn's two, wasn't Harry called up just so his grandad could win a bet? He's clearly doing the business at U23 level but we've had a few players in the past do that and not make the grade (Pacheco, Nemeth, Morgan). Maybe a loan spell during the second half of the season will help prove himself to Klopp.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    Suso was sold to ac milan less than 2m, then we spent 20m on markovic. Now we bought Ox for 40m, the chance of wilson playing for the first team is absolute zero.
    Suso refused to sign a contract...so the money we got for him was better than him going for nothing 6 months later.

    As for Wilson, he has been plagued with injuries for the last few years and it's only recently he has got back to his best.

    He is a very good young player...but he needs to show he is ready for first XI football when he trains with the first team.

    As we've seen in the past, brilliant performances in the 23 doesn't always translate into being ready for the big boys team.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    That sale still bugs me, Suso was a really good young prospect and is now one of Milan's best players. I don't think it'll be as bad as Chelsea letting Matic go for pennies or United with Pogba but still cross that Brendan was happy to let him go.

    As for Harry Wilson only having one cap to Woodburn's two, wasn't Harry called up just so his grandad could win a bet? He's clearly doing the business at U23 level but we've had a few players in the past do that and not make the grade (Pacheco, Nemeth, Morgan). Maybe a loan spell during the second half of the season will help prove himself to Klopp.
    A loan to Celtic in January is rumoured to be on the cards.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    LFCU23sU18s is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2
    He was out injured for all of pre season. Only just coming back to full fitness. Scary to think ( Wilson ) will get better with games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    LFCU23sU18s is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2
    They ( Celtic ) wanted him on a perm deal in the summer. But it was blocked and he picked up an injury. I think he may well make the move like you say in January. Unless he continues to peform like he has been, then he could well be fighting for a 1st team start.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Ojo out for a while after dislocating his shoulder playing for Fulham last night.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    U23's drew 1-1 with charlton . Wilson scored again 6 in 3 games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Suso refused to sign a contract...so the money we got for him was better than him going for nothing 6 months later.

    As for Wilson, he has been plagued with injuries for the last few years and it's only recently he has got back to his best.

    He is a very good young player...but he needs to show he is ready for first XI football when he trains with the first team.

    As we've seen in the past, brilliant performances in the 23 doesn't always translate into being ready for the big boys team.
    Suso refused a new contract CUS he wasn't playing enough
    Many dead wood were ahead of him... Same situation with Wilson now
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Last nights team: kelleher, Parker, Whelan, Jones, virtue, Brannagan, Dhanda,Ejaria, Ings,Wilson, Adekayne.
    Subs: Philips, Firth, Masterson, Kane, Juanma.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Last nights team: kelleher, Parker, Whelan, Jones, virtue, Brannagan, Dhanda,Ejaria, Ings,Wilson, Adekayne.
    Subs: Philips, Firth, Masterson, Kane, Juanma.
    This KANE we have, any relation to................
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    This KANE we have, any relation to................
    Who?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,078
    Grujic going to play for the u23's until he can make the step up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountstmarys View Post
    This KANE we have, any relation to................
    Not related to Harry. Gerrard rates our Kane quite highy though, mentioned him by name (along with TAA) in his latest autobiography.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •