Notices
Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Extra button

  1. #1 Default Extra button 
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,473
    On the last page of a thread there is no button to click to go to the last page of a thread. For example, if there are two pages, on the first page at the bottom you can click 'Last' and it will take you to the second and last page.

    However, on that second and last page you don't have that option and sometimes extra pages have been added. It means you have to scroll back up to the top etc.

    Is there any way you can add that option?

    Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,112
    Just refresh the page and if more pages have been added the option will be there.

    Clicking Last Page while on the last page will result in a refresh most of the time anyway.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    Just refresh the page and if more pages have been added the option will be there.

    Clicking Last Page while on the last page will result in a refresh most of the time anyway.
    It's surely better not to have to do that. It's annoying.

    And that is the problem, there is no last page option.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    It's surely better not to have to do that. It's annoying.

    And that is the problem, there is no last page option.
    But 90% of the time clicking Last Page while on the last page will just reload the same page, unless you've been on the page overnight or something. Surely it's better to know if there actually are more pages rather than clicking a button that will probably do nothing?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    But 90% of the time clicking Last Page while on the last page will just reload the same page, unless you've been on the page overnight or something. Surely it's better to know if there actually are more pages rather than clicking a button that will probably do nothing?
    There is no last page option on the last page, well, not at the bottom anyway.

    I don't think you understand.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    There is no last page option on the last page, well, not at the bottom anyway.

    I don't think you understand.
    I understand that there isn't one. I also understand why there isn't one and why there never will be.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,994
    I want one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,611
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 5-9-17 at 17:47. Reason: no.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    On the last page of a thread there is no button to click to go to the last page of a thread. For example, if there are two pages, on the first page at the bottom you can click 'Last' and it will take you to the second and last page.

    However, on that second and last page you don't have that option and sometimes extra pages have been added. It means you have to scroll back up to the top etc.

    Is there any way you can add that option?

    Thanks in advance.
    You would need to make the suggestion to the website team via the "contact us" button.

    We have no control or say over software or technical matters.

    Sorry.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    I understand that there isn't one. I also understand why there isn't one and why there never will be.
    Ok, thanks for your input, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    I want one.
    Yeah, it really is annoying. I'm glad you agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    You would need to make the suggestion to the website team via the "contact us" button.

    We have no control or say over software or technical matters.

    Sorry.
    OK, mate.

    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •