Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 681

Thread: The Coutinho Thread - 2017/2018 season watch 3 (He stays)

  1. #391  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    85
    To Coutinho, I understand you wanting to play with Barcalona and if this does eventually happen I wish you all the best, however I want you to know that we want you to stay, we Need you to stay and we love you here. Please stay!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #392  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,517
    Like I said in the paid forums (balling),he is the X factor that wins titles,I don't want to lose him before Keita comes
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #393  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Philippe Coutinho has admitted he was "interested" in a move to Barcelona last summer and is unsure what the future holds for him at Liverpool.

    The 25-year-old had a transfer request rejected in August, as the Reds turned down three bids from the La Liga club.

    "I do not know how the future is going to be," said the forward, who signed a five-year deal at the start of 2017.

    "What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

    He continued: "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

    "Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

    "I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters,"

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42268219
    sounds like heís off as soon as Barca can make it happen.

    ĒLast summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee...Ē - just another job indeed
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #394  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Of course he doesn't know whatbtgd future holds....nobody does. So how do that suggest he's leaving? There is far too many speculative posts on this thread without any facts. The facts are what I posted earlier. They are facts because I used simple logic which most of you are oblivious too. AlI I've seen igenerally is įCoutinho is leaving because Barcelona want him".
    You certainly do use a lot of 'simple logic'.

    He'll leave in the summer, I'm almost sure of that. If Barcelona had made their move a lot earlier last summer, he may have left then but we're not going to keep holding on to him every season when he wants to leave. There will be a compromise and he'll be off.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #395  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    sounds like he’s off as soon as Barca can make it happen.

    ”Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee...” - just another job indeed
    It is a job.

    Wouldn't you want to go to your Barcelona?

    That being said, he only just signed a contract so he should give us a year or two of his services. It gives us time to nurture the next Phil-type player.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #396  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    It is a job.

    Wouldn't you want to go to your Barcelona?

    That being said, he only just signed a contract so he should give us a year or two of his services. It gives us time to nurture the next Phil-type player.
    Yeah, I know it is, that’s the simple truth of it.

    As fans we want the players to see it as something more than just a job or employer/employee relationship. I hope some of the other players have some love for the Club - a little something more than just a job/salary.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #397  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Like I said in the paid forums (balling),he is the X factor that wins titles,I don't want to lose him before Keita comes
    agree he's a world class player essentially, phil's started 6 PL games scored two, assisted two so far. Coutinho wants prestige on the international stage he'll only get that if he can see how good he can be (on a private level). I don't think keita will be taking promes like offensive set pieces however I see it's important we add quality centrally if we lose phillipe.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #398  
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    230
    Just reading the report on the BBCsport page about Coutinho, he is off there is no doubt about that. Treating us as just employers, has literally nothing to say about the club or being here.

    Really not nice to read
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #399  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Yeah, I know it is, that’s the simple truth of it.

    As fans we want the players to see it as something more than just a job or employer/employee relationship. I hope some of the other players have some love for the Club - a little something more than just a job/salary.
    That loyalty to a club is becoming quite rare in the PL. Most are simply mercenaries - paid well to do a job. Agents always have their feelers out for a better 'opportunity'.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #400  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,708
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethereds93 View Post
    Just reading the report on the BBCsport page about Coutinho, he is off there is no doubt about that. Treating us as just employers, has literally nothing to say about the club or being here.

    Really not nice to read
    He didn't say anything
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #401  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    That loyalty to a club is becoming quite rare in the PL. Most are simply mercenaries - paid well to do a job. Agents always have their feelers out for a better 'opportunity'.
    Nowadays, it’s always the **** players who ‘love’ the Club
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #402  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    He didn't say anything
    It was about as close to saying 'I still really want to go to Barca' as he could possibly get without actually saying the words. At least that was my take.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #403  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Nowadays, it’s always the **** players who ‘love’ the Club
    Score a goal, kiss the club badge.

    Then on the phone to the agent 'did Barca see that?'



    Or maybe I'm being a trifle harsh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #404  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Nowadays, it’s always the **** players who ‘love’ the Club
    And therein lies the hypocrisy of the fans. We complain when our world class players simply see the club as an 'employer', yet if someone like Borini declares his undying love for all things LFC and refuses to leave he gets nothing but derision and loud groans...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #405  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Score a goal, kiss the club badge.

    Then on the phone to the agent 'did Barca see that?'



    Or maybe I'm being a trifle harsh.
    Some people pointed out Phil not celebrating the goals recently. Maybe there’s something there? Detaching himself, emotionally? ‘I’m just doing my job’ thing?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #406  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    It was about as close to saying 'I still really want to go to Barca' as he could possibly get without actually saying the words. At least that was my take.
    Yeah. It was more or less a 'well, anything's possible - can't rule anything out' approach.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #407  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    And therein lies the hypocrisy of the fans. We complain when our world class players simply see the club as an 'employer', yet if someone like Borini declares his undying love for all things LFC and refuses to leave he gets nothing but derision and loud groans...
    ‘Some’ fans...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #408  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Some people pointed out Phil not celebrating the goals recently. Maybe there’s something there? Detaching himself, emotionally? ‘I’m just doing my job’ thing?
    Hadn't noticed that.

    But many players don't bother, i suppose - too busy doing their dance, or whatever.

    But now I look back, there has been a certain 'reservation' in Coutinho on those occasions.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #409  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,775
    Sorry but Coutinho is clearly a special player, and we've won literally nothing since he was signed. Not one thing.

    And he has the chance to go to Barcelona, replace Iniesta and play with the greatest player of all time.

    Yes, he's part of this amazing front four but so what? We will probably finish this season trophyless again. If we actually signed more players, maybe he'd be tempted to stay but do I blame him for wanting to win stuff? No.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #410  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,708
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    It was about as close to saying 'I still really want to go to Barca' as he could possibly get without actually saying the words. At least that was my take.
    I thought you are blind.
    He handed in a transfer request during the summer. Its not like he will go out an say "wohoo i just live the club and city and want to end my days here".

    So yeah he didnt say anything
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #411  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Sorry but Coutinho is clearly a special player, and we've won literally nothing since he was signed. Not one thing.

    And he has the chance to go to Barcelona, replace Iniesta and play with the greatest player of all time.

    Yes, he's part of this amazing front four but so what? We will probably finish this season trophyless again. If we actually signed more players, maybe he'd be tempted to stay but do I blame him for wanting to win stuff? No.
    I don't think anyone blames him for wanting out, but the manner in which he tried to force the exit in the summer left a bad taste in the mouth. I think we'll let him go in the summer providing Barca put forward an acceptable offer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #412  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I thought you are blind.
    He handed in a transfer request during the summer. Its not like he will go out an say "wohoo i just live the club and city and want to end my days here".

    So yeah he didnt say anything
    I'm not deaf.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #413  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,708
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Hadn't noticed that.

    But many players don't bother, i suppose - too busy doing their dance, or whatever.

    But now I look back, there has been a certain 'reservation' in Coutinho on those occasions.
    I would rather have a goalscoring machine not celebrating then one that scores once in a while and celebrate like he is wasted and on a rave party
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #414  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I'm not deaf.
    Pardon?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #415  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I would rather have a goalscoring machine nit celebrating then one that scores once in a while and celebrate like he is on a rave party wasted
    What… like an enthusiastic entomologist?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #416  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I don't think anyone blames him for wanting out, but the manner in which he tried to force the exit in the summer left a bad taste in the mouth. I think we'll let him go in the summer providing Barca put forward an acceptable offer.
    This. He was clearly part of the ‘mud slinging’ when all he had to do was come out and say ‘I’m cool with the Manager, i’ve Never refused to play, this is all bs’. That wouldn’t have meant he doesn’t want to move to Barca, just some public respect towards Klopp/LFC would’ve been nice.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #417  
    Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,937
    Not liking the sounds coming out of Anfield regarding Phil, from the player himself....Klopp....and now Peter Moore.

    All saying that canít promise what happens in Jan....no crystal ball etc.....what will be will be.

    Not saying itís definitely going to happen but thereís certainly a chance.

    In my opinion it would be a very silly thing to do.

    Phil is integral to a lot of what we do going forward and losing such a top player as him isnít going to be a positive.

    Message to Liverpool FC. Leave it until end of the season and then use the £120 odd Million very wisely.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #418  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Pardon?
    Who said that?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #419  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Not liking the sounds coming out of Anfield regarding Phil, from the player himself....Klopp....and now Peter Moore.

    All saying that canít promise what happens in Jan....no crystal ball etc.....what will be will be.

    Not saying itís definitely going to happen but thereís certainly a chance.

    In my opinion it would be a very silly thing to do.

    Phil is integral to a lot of what we do going forward and losing such a top player as him isnít going to be a positive.

    Message to Liverpool FC. Leave it until end of the season and then use the £120 odd Million very wisely.
    Put a 170m pounds price tag on him and see what happens
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #420  
    Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Put a 170m pounds price tag on him and see what happens
    Even at £170m I wouldn’t sell him in January personally.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •