Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 681

Thread: The Coutinho Thread - 2017/2018 season watch 3 (He stays)

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    We are having a discussion not an argument.
    There is more than one definition of an argument.

    One of which is an angry exchange of views. We are not having that type of arguement. We're having the other one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    That's just a terrible crime.
    So now you want to use the word 'crime' rather than '(un)professional'... :FP:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    So now you want to use the word 'crime' rather than '(un)professional'... :FP:
    Unprofessional or crime, they both had the same effect on you right?
    Do you think we should have sold him when he sent that e-mail?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Unprofessional or crime, they both had the same effect on you right?
    Wrong.

    Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Do you think we should have sold him when he sent that e-mail?
    No.

    And certainly not because of the email.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    NaturallyRed is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7
    I think sometimes fans expect too much from players. At the end of the day clubs don't show players loyalty. They are just commodities, bought and sold as needed. If your a good player your in the team, until the club can replace you with someone better, Then your sold to the highest bidder. As for fan loyalty you only have to look around these boards to see people slagging off various members of our own team. Don't get me wrong if a player has played badly then feel free to say so, but some of the bile on here is unbelievable.

    As for Coutinho I don't care whether he got bad advice from his agent or if he did it all of his own back, for this season at least he is a Liverpool player and I will act accordingly. I don't care who it is, if they cross that white line wearing a red shirt they will get my 110% support.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,766
    I blame MacFoley!

    Was a hundred pages of this ***** not enough?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I blame MacFoley!

    Was a hundred pages of this ***** not enough?
    200 pages This is the 3rd thread. Hahahahhaaaaa!!!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Wrong.

    Again!


    No.

    And certainly not because of the email.
    You said his actions changed attitudes, so it must have effected you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,559
    when is he due back at melwood I wonder ? or will he have contracted malaria while away with brazil to go with his bad back and stress me I hope he's fit and ready to rip it up again in the prem
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,523
    Quote Originally Posted by redrob2005 View Post
    when is he due back at melwood I wonder ? or will he have contracted malaria while away with brazil to go with his bad back and stress me I hope he's fit and ready to rip it up again in the prem
    That's the spirit.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    You said his actions changed attitudes, so it must have effected you.
    Wrong.

    Again!

    The only way I have been 'affected' by this saga is that I am posting on this thread rather than on some other or doing some other meaningless task to kill time as I await an important email to arrive.

    Whether he changed your attitude or any other poster is utterly irrelevant.

    The only attitudes that count are his playing collegues, the coaching staff and the owners of FSG. In the round do you think their attitudes may have been affected in some way by this saga?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,503
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I blame MacFoley!

    Was a hundred pages of this ***** not enough?
    Oi! Enough from you!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,559
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    That's the spirit.
    thanks hopefully throughout this season barca implode and phil realises he dodged a bullet and decides he wants to stay
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Oi! Enough from you!


    Big trouble, buddy! BIG trouble!
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Wrong.

    Again!

    The only way I have been 'affected' by this saga is that I am posting on this thread rather than on some other or doing some other meaningless task to kill time as I await an important email to arrive.

    Whether he changed your attitude or any other poster is utterly irrelevant.

    The only attitudes that count are his playing collegues, the coaching staff and the owners of FSG. In the round do you think their attitudes may have been affected in some way by this saga?
    Their attitude will only change towards him if he doesn't put in 100% when he returns, no one is going to hate him or not understand why he wanted to join Barcelona.
    That goes for the majority of fans I would assume as well.
    Last edited by grudge; 6-9-17 at 14:58.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,660
    Quote Originally Posted by redrob2005 View Post
    thanks hopefully throughout this season barca implode and phil realises he dodged a bullet and decides he wants to stay
    Coutinho is the most individually gifted/talented player in the current LFC squad. It can only be a loss if he doesn't show up and perform to the level we all know he is capable of.

    On a personal level, I believe it is in EVERONE'S best interest (including his own) if he shows up in the right frame of mind to prove to the world he is the best footie player around. That is what I am hoping for. But I have no expectation one way or another.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,623
    The sooner we get a replacement and sell him the better imo.

    Opposition fans will give him some stick.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Coutinho is the most individually gifted/talented player in the current LFC squad. It can only be a loss if he doesn't show up and perform to the level we all know he is capable of.

    On a personal level, I believe it is in EVERONE'S best interest (including his own) if he shows up in the right frame of mind to prove to the world he is the best footie player around. That is what I am hoping for. But I have no expectation one way or another.
    Agreed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by GARCIASTHUMB View Post
    Opposition fans will give him some stick.
    Opposition fans always give you stick, if you can't handle it you don't belong in a paid squad...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,877
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Henderson Can
    Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane


    I'll keep posting this until everyone shuts up about wanting him gone, or anything other than us scoring 3 goals a game. (and we'll need to when I fill in the back 5 )
    How do you think Gini Wijnaldum would react to this after probably his best performance in a red shirt to date against Arsenal ???
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,266
    Quote Originally Posted by charmac View Post
    How do you think Gini Wijnaldum would react to this after probably his best performance in a red shirt to date against Arsenal ???
    If Coutinho picks up where he left off, he'll be a shoe in. And id say the front 3 picks itself. So it comes down to the remaining 2 midfield positions. The 3 candidates are Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can. I'd like to see Wijnaldum and Can at some point.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    If Coutinho picks up where he left off, he'll be a shoe in. And id say the front 3 picks itself. So it comes down to the remaining 2 midfield positions. The 3 candidates are Henderson, Wijnaldum and Can. I'd like to see Wijnaldum and Can at some point.
    Agreed on the Front 3 and Phil being show ins.

    Would be interesting to see Gini and Coutinho in the advanced positions with Can playing the 6.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,830
    I can easily see a front three of Mane, Firmino, and Coutinho with Salah on the bench with Hendo, Can, and Wijnaldum in the midfield. Still plenty of firepower and pace but much more robust defensively. We also have 6 matches in 18 days coming up so some rotation is bound to happen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,266
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsLover4Ever View Post
    Agreed on the Front 3 and Phil being show ins.

    Would be interesting to see Gini and Coutinho in the advanced positions with Can playing the 6.
    I can see Klopp moving more towards his preferred 4-2-3-1 with those 6.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    I can easily see a front three of Mane, Firmino, and Coutinho with Salah on the bench with Hendo, Can, and Wijnaldum in the midfield. Still plenty of firepower and pace but much more robust defensively. We also have 6 matches in 18 days coming up so some rotation is bound to happen.
    Rotation is certain to happen, but I still think the best and most used front 3 will include Salah. He's been too important so far to relegate to the bench regularly.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    I can see Klopp moving more towards his preferred 4-2-3-1 with those 6.
    That midfield 3 would make sense to go 4-2-3-1, but have we played that since Klopp arrived?

    Not saying we won't switch to it, but it would be interesting to see since we haven't seen it to date.

    Or maybe we played it when he first arrived and i forgot
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Rotation is certain to happen, but I still think the best and most used front 3 will include Salah. He's been too important so far to relegate to the bench regularly.
    I'd expect the front 4 of Coutinho, Mane, Firmino (or Sturridge), and Salah will feature a fair bit against teams that are going to sit back and concede possession but not so much against teams that will contest it or try and come at us like City or Arsenal. I think those sides will see us play the more physical midfielders so we don't get run over.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    I'd expect the front 4 of Coutinho, Mane, Firmino (or Sturridge), and Salah will feature a fair bit against teams that are going to sit back and concede possession but not so much against teams that will contest it or try and come at us like City or Arsenal. I think those sides will see us play the more physical midfielders so we don't get run over.
    Seemed to work pretty well against Arsenal already.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,806
    -------------------------karius----------------------

    ----gomez---------matip--------lovren--------

    -----------------hendo--------can---------------------

    Lallana-----------coutinho-----------------mane

    -------------salah---------------bobby----------------





    Fits them in!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Coutinho is the most individually gifted/talented player in the current LFC squad. It can only be a loss if he doesn't show up and perform to the level we all know he is capable of.

    On a personal level, I believe it is in EVERONE'S best interest (including his own) if he shows up in the right frame of mind to prove to the world he is the best footie player around. That is what I am hoping for. But I have no expectation one way or another.
    Agreed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •