Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coutinho Thread - 2017/2018 season watch 3 (He stays)

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Their attitude will only change towards him if he doesn't put in 100% when he returns, no one is going to hate him or not understand why he wanted to join Barcelona.
    That goes for the majority of fans I would assume as well.
    Grudge just want to point out one interesting point I have just read, which I believe we should bear in mind as to why this situation has become so contentious.

When Phil was in the process of renewing his contract he asked for a buyout clause to be inserted. The club flatly refused. The same scenario applies to Emre Can. He has been renegotiating his deal for nearly a year and the sticking point has been that he wants a buyout clause inserted in the new contract. His problem is not money.

In yesterdays so called discussion on Phil's transfer scenario and the contract issues on both player and club, do you not think it is unfair that a club is not willing to put in a buyout clause that is fair value to both parties, that avoiding these kind of very contentious issues surrounding the transfers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Grudge just want to point out one interesting point I have just read, which I believe we should bear in mind as to why this situation has become so contentious.

When Phil was in the process of renewing his contract he asked for a buyout clause to be inserted. The club flatly refused. The same scenario applies to Emre Can. He has been renegotiating his deal for nearly a year and the sticking point has been that he wants a buyout clause inserted in the new contract. His problem is not money.

In yesterdays so called discussion on Phil's transfer scenario and the contract issues on both player and club, do you not think it is unfair that a club is not willing to put in a buyout clause that is fair value to both parties, that avoiding these kind of very contentious issues surrounding the transfers.
    If fsg do buy out clauses , no doubt fans like you would start to say they have a small club mentality and harp on about 'we are Liverpool, we don't do blah blah'.

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    If fsg do buy out clauses , no doubt fans like you would start to say they have a small club mentality and harp on about 'we are Liverpool, we don't do blah blah'.
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they are fairly narrow (must be triggered before June 15 type thing). It makes perfect sense to not have them though, look at the chaos that hit Barca because of the later in the window Neymar deal. That sort of thing only snowballs against the club's interests so not having them is the best way to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they are fairly narrow (must be triggered before June 15 type thing). It makes perfect sense to not have them though, look at the chaos that hit Barca because of the later in the window Neymar deal. That sort of thing only snowballs against the club's interests so not having them is the best way to avoid it.
    We did it with suarez and many blasted fsg for it.

I personally have no problem with it.

How do you find the right number as well, in a market as dynamic as this?

Way back in January we might have thought 100-120m would be enough to scare off almost anyone. 6 months later we were refusing that kind of money, where will we be in 2 years? Surely the club wants to future proof contracts for at least that long, but how?

Real Madrid seem to be standardising their BOCs at somewhere around 300-500m - could we get any of our players to agree to anything anywhere near that?

So, you;ve just read it and so it must be true.... :FP:

If Coutinho didn't want to accept a contract without a buyout clause, then he could have refused to sign what was put in front of him. But he didn't, did he?

You do realise that your own words, just repeating what you've read, show this to be both possible and 'normal'.

Why is it that almost everything you post is directed at making FSG look like bad owners. Do you have an agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Nobody knows whether he wants to play for LFC or not. Time will tell one way or another.

However, by handing in the written transfer request as he did, after private (presumed) and very public announcements that he was going nowhere shows that he is already willing to act 'unprofessionally'. A 'professional' would have accepted that he should abide by the terms of the contract he signed and accept professionally when the club tells him they are not going to let him out of that contract at this point in time.

So, if he's willing to act unprofessionally at that point, who knows whether he he will act unprofessionnally in the near future. The assumption that the reset button has wound the clock back is likely to be misleading than informing.

This is pure rubbish,he is a footballer first and foremost,why would you say that he might not give his all ?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    How do you find the right number as well, in a market as dynamic as this?

Way back in January we might have thought 100-120m would be enough to scare off almost anyone. 6 months later we were refusing that kind of money, where will we be in 2 years? Surely the club wants to future proof contracts for at least that long, but how?

Real Madrid seem to be standardising their BOCs at somewhere around 300-500m - could we get any of our players to agree to anything anywhere near that?
    No contract is finalised until both parties put their name to it.

What should be the number? Should there even be a number at all? It's down to the 2 parties to reach agreement or walk away from the table.

It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    This is pure rubbish,he is a footballer first and foremost,why would you say that he might not give his all ?
    Van Dijk is a "footballer first and foremost".

Is he "giving his all" for Southampton?

I'll leave you to figure the rest.

No contract is finalised until both parties put their name to it.

What should be the number? Should there even be a number at all? It's down to the 2 parties to reach agreement or walk away from the table.

It's as simple as that.
    Erm, yeah, that needed saying.

Van Dijk is a "footballer first and foremost".

Is he "giving his all" for Southampton?

I'll leave you to figure the rest.

Did we send phil to train with the under 19 as the saints did with vvd the answer is no,so what are you on about,

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...ything-season/

Quote Originally Posted by pite12c View Post
    If Coutinho forgets this summer, puts his head down and play well, He might end this season vying for Ballon D'or cus we will do well in CL
    If he does win the ballon. Do barca then have to pay out the installments?

Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    Did we send phil to train with the under 19 as the saints did with vvd the answer is no,so what are you on about,
    How could we send him to play with the under-19s? He arrived with a sick note from his mum saying he'd got a bad back and couldn't train.

So what are you on about?

So, you;ve just read it and so it must be true.... :FP:

If Coutinho didn't want to accept a contract without a buyout clause, then he could have refused to sign what was put in front of him. But he didn't, did he?

You do realise that your own words, just repeating what you've read, show this to be both possible and 'normal'.

Why is it that almost everything you post is directed at making FSG look like bad owners. Do you have an agenda?
    Sorry you took it that way. I simply read an article as to what was holding up Emre Can signing new contract, which was apparently what he has been trying to do for a year or so. The writer also said that Coutinho had the same problem and he signed his contract. I never said whether I believed it or not.

I simply posed a question to the poster whether he thought it was unfair of the club to take such a position, and perhaps having one would avoid the situations that had arisen. Note I said FAIR to both parties. Really doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about FSG.

Sorry you took it that way. I simply read an article as to what was holding up Emre Can signing new contract, which was apparently what he has been trying to do for a year or so. The writer also said that Coutinho had the same problem and he signed his contract. I never said whether I believed it or not.

I simply posed a question to the poster whether he thought it was unfair of the club to take such a position, and perhaps having one would avoid the situations that had arisen. Note I said FAIR to both parties. Really doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about FSG.
    How do you feel about fsg and why?

You said it was an "interesting point", not an interesting allegation or an interesting thought. That gives away that you, perhaps subconsciously, believe it is true.

Also you encouraged/advised us to "bear it in mind". Why would you encourage/advise us to "bear it in mind" if you thought it was untrue or potentially untrue? How does bearing untruths and fiction or possible untruths in mind help anybody with anything? It only serves ro pollute the conversation.

No, you did far more than that.

Do you think this was just a recital of a poem? https://youtu.be/qSrOXvoNLwg?t=50

If Coutinho (or any player) doesn't like the words on the paper put in front of him, don't sign it. End of.

Nonsense. I fail to understand why you provoke people with your replies and make everything so personal. Everyone knows you are an avid supporter of the club, the team, and the owners. Which is as it should be. But is it that any criticisms we may have seems to illicit these insecure kind of replies.

You said it was an "interesting point", not an interesting allegation or an interesting thought. That gives away that you, perhaps subconsciously, believe it is true.

Also you encouraged/advised us to "bear it in mind". Why would you encourage/advise us to "bear it in mind" if you thought it was untrue or potentially untrue? How does bearing untruths and fiction or possible untruths in mind help anybody with anything? It only serves ro pollute the conversation.

No, you did far more than that.

Do you think this was just a recital of a poem? https://youtu.be/qSrOXvoNLwg?t=50

If Coutinho (or any player) doesn't like the words on the paper put in front of him, don't sign it. End of.
    Not going down this road. I made my point and you have yours let's leave it there.

How could we send him to play with the under-19s? He arrived with a sick note from his mum saying he'd got a bad back and couldn't train.

So what are you on about?
    more rubbish from you.:FP:

Nonsense. I fail to understand why you provoke people with your replies and make everything so personal. Everyone knows you are an avid supporter of the club, the team, and the owners. Which is as it should be. But is it that any criticisms we may have seems to illicit these insecure kind of replies.
    Nothing insecure. Just stating how it is. Fsg are the bad guys for many, including you. So I will get it in early now as its clear if emre does sign a new deal with a buyout clause, many will blast fsg the same they did at the suarez time.

It was like with klopp. People saying fsg are scared to hire a top manager like klopp and want a 'yes man' like rodgers. Thats all we heard during rodgers reign.

So they get klopp in, give him a new six year deal after just one year worth 212k a week and now the same people are saying Klopps a yes man too or he is lying to cover for fsg and fsg only got him because he 'can work with small budgets'.

They can't win with some.

Not going down this road. I made my point and you have yours let's leave it there.
    It's a road you've already travelled down a long, long way. A road taken of your own choice and a road with a purpose. I hope the road takes you where you think it does otherwise you could be in for a big disappointment and it's a long way back.

Mane and Salah are scoring in Phil's usual positions. I expect being dropped back is part of Phil's wanting to leave.

If he has a great season and World Cup, then let him go. So long as the terms are right, which evidently they weren't.

Coutinho might struggle to won back a regular place. League cup should be the only time he starts for a while

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Coutinho might struggle to won back a regular place. League cup should be the only time he starts for a while
    We'll need him anyway for that match, since Leicester away will be a tough tie.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    No way, best 11 to win the game pls.

League cup lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    No way, best 11 to win the game pls.

League cup lol
    I don't think he should start against City personally. Same 11 that beat Arsenal for me

Quote Originally Posted by beardall2304 View Post
    I don't think he should start against City personally. Same 11 that beat Arsenal for me
    Not exactly......migs back

Not exactly......migs back
    Agreed, forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    If he does win the ballon. Do barca then have to pay out the installments?
    IF he wins the Ballon D'Or.... We will rather Bring Messi Over.... For free 😂

The manager's presser could be revealing re. Phil because he has to now say something definite about Coutinho.
    loyal since 1960.