Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coutinho Thread - 2017/2018 season watch 3 (He stays)

1. #1 Default The Coutinho Thread - 2017/2018 season watch 3 (He stays) 
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    So Coutinho has been kept for this season. He remains a red.

After avoiding the evil clutches of Barca, the little magician will be around for our campaign and we still have a quality player on our books.

Let the madness begin!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Agree with H&A from the previous thread - there are various possibilities here and we just have to wait and see what results.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Exactly. He'd rather play for Barca - that's not the same as he doesn't want to play for us.

He didn't hand in a TR in the hope that someone, anyone, would come and rescue him from this hellhole.
    Nobody knows whether he wants to play for LFC or not. Time will tell one way or another.

However, by handing in the written transfer request as he did, after private (presumed) and very public announcements that he was going nowhere shows that he is already willing to act 'unprofessionally'. A 'professional' would have accepted that he should abide by the terms of the contract he signed and accept professionally when the club tells him they are not going to let him out of that contract at this point in time.

So, if he's willing to act unprofessionally at that point, who knows whether he he will act unprofessionnally in the near future. The assumption that the reset button has wound the clock back is likely to be misleading than informing.

For me the only logical out come from all of this is he will continue to play for our club exactly where Klopp wants him to play, any other outcome will be detrimental to him more than it will be to this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Nobody knows whether he wants to play for LFC or not. Time will tell one way or another.

However, by handing in the written transfer request as he did, after private (presumed) and very public announcements that he was going nowhere shows that he is already willing to act 'unprofessionally'. A 'professional' would have accepted that he should abide by the terms of the contract he signed and accept professionally when the club tells him they are not going to let him out of that contract at this point in time.

So, if he's willing to act unprofessionally at that point, who knows whether he he will act unprofessionnally in the near future. The assumption that the reset button has wound the clock back is likely to be misleading than informing.
    And yet plenty, including yourself, are saying 'not', as if the TR necessarily implies that. It doesn't.

Also, what's unprofessional about a TR? It's the official process by which a player informs the club that he'd like to leave and is prepared to sacrifice certain payments to help.
    Last edited by ***Stuzzza***; 6-9-17 at 13:16.

Sell him next summer

The only facts we know are attributed to Coutinho is that he put in a transfer request which he is entitled to do, everything else has been pure nonsense including the back injury which I believe the club was happy to go along with knowing his state of mind at the time, those are the facts as I see it.

Now that this whole episode is over there can only be one outcome and that is for him to get on with his job.

The transfer request is still a professional act, it's part of a procedure he's allowed to follow if he wishes right?

If Coutinho forgets this summer, puts his head down and play well, He might end this season vying for Ballon D'or cus we will do well in CL
    Last edited by pite12c; 6-9-17 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    The only facts we know are attributed to Coutinho is that he put in a transfer request which he is entitled to do, everything else has been pure nonsense including the back injury which I believe the club was happy to go along with knowing his state of mind at the time, those are the facts as I see it.

Now that this whole episode is over there can only be one outcome and that is for him to get on with his job.
    He put in a transfer request AFTER he was told he was going nowhere.

So what was the point of that?

It was act of deliberate, unprofessional belligerence. It changed nothing in respect of his move. It changed everything in respect of attitudes.

Coutinho's future is entirely in his hands. Unless Herr Klopp decides he needs to spend time on the naughty step like he did with Sakho.

And yet plenty, including yourself, are saying 'not', as if the TR necessarily implies that. It doesn't.
    Nonsense. I have NOT taken one view or another. I don't know what will happen. If you want to believe that your guess is what will happen, then good for you. You may be proven right or you may be proven wrong. Time will tell.

Also, what's unprofessional about a TR? It's the official process by which a player informs the club that he'd like to leave and is prepared to sacrifice certain payments to help.

It was act of deliberate, unprofessional belligerence. It changed nothing in respect of his move. It changed everything in respect of attitudes.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Henderson Can
    Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

I'll keep posting this until everyone shuts up about wanting him gone, or anything other than us scoring 3 goals a game. (and we'll need to when I fill in the back 5 )

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    The transfer request is still a professional act, it's part of a procedure he's allowed to follow if he wishes right?
    Is it 'professional' to put in a transfer request saying you want to move 7 months after you've signed a contract committing yourself to the club for 5 years? A contract which you could have had a buy out clause inserted, but you chose not to.

Is it 'professional' to put in a transfer request saying you want to move barely a month after the contract you signed actually comes into force? A contract which you could have had a buy out clause inserted, but you chose not to.

Is it 'professional' to hand in a written transfer request having been told it's not going to happen?

Handing in a written transfer request is NOT part of proceedure unless there is a clause in the contract that specifically states it. Do you know whether such a clause exists or not?

Coutinho's future is entirely in his hands. Unless Herr Klopp decides he needs to spend time on the naughty step like he did with Sakho.
    The point of The transfer request was obvious, he thought it might change The clubs attitude and he was sadly mistaken Now the only people who are going to be upset with his actions are the people that listened to all the ******** after the request was made, none of which came out of his mouth by the way, if you can show me any actual comments from Coutinho I would love to see them.

If anyone of our fans are upset that he actually put in a request to join his so called dream club, please stop being so *********** precious.
    Last edited by grudge; 6-9-17 at 13:51.

Is it 'professional' to put in a transfer request saying you want to move 7 months after you've signed a contract committing yourself to the club for 5 years? A contract which you could have had a buy out clause inserted, but you chose not to.

Is it 'professional' to put in a transfer request saying you want to move barely a month after the contract you signed actually comes into force? A contract which you could have had a buy out clause inserted, but you chose not to.

Is it 'professional' to hand in a written transfer request having been told it's not going to happen?

Handing in a written transfer request is NOT part of proceedure unless there is a clause in the contract that specifically states it. Do you know whether such a clause exists or not?
    Yeah, when you spell it out like that, fair enough

Professionally, he is still 'allowed' to do it even if it is a **** move.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint

He typed it.

The point of The transfer request was obvious, he thought it might change The clubs attitude and he was sadly mistaken
    I think that is a very naive way to look at things. Either naive on his part or yours.

His written transfer request came AFTER a very public announcement by the Club that he was going nowhere.

I think that is a very naive way to look at things. Either naive on his part or yours.

His written transfer request came AFTER a very public announcement by the Club that he was going nowhere.
    It's more naive to think he wouldn't make an effort to join his dream club when the opportunity presented it self.
    I noticed you edited a big part of my reply, I wonder why. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Yeah, when you spell it out like that, fair enough

Professionally, he is still 'allowed' to do it even if it is a **** move.
    Everybody has the right to speak their mind whether 'speak' is in verbal or written form.

But whether that utterance is is delivered 'professionally' is a different question and depends on context.

I have no doubt that he and the Club were in discussions about his future and his desire to move to Barcelona. No doubt he was told privately it was not going to happen. All very professional.

But then it changed.

Everybody has the right to speak their mind whether 'speak' is in verbal or written form.

But whether that utterance is is delivered 'professionally' is a different question and depends on context.

I have no doubt that he and the Club were in discussions about his future and his desire to move to Barcelona. No doubt he was told privately it was not going to happen. All very professional.

But then it changed.
    What changed, he is still here.
    Your problem is you listened to all the ******** surrounding his request and that changed your attitude towards him, which was the goal by the way of the people that wanted him to leave to join them.
    Last edited by grudge; 6-9-17 at 14:05.

It's more naive to think he wouldn't make an effort to join his dream club when the opportunity presented it self.
    Nothing naive in wanting to move to your dream club.

The naivety comes in thinking that the email sent will make a positive difference to the situation. Or it comes in your belief that it was sent with that expectation.

I noticed you edited a big part of my reply, I wonder why. Lol
    Because it wasn't worthy of a response and part of it was added after I'd started to respond.

Nonsense. I have NOT taken one view or another. I don't know what will happen. If you want to believe that your guess is what will happen, then good for you. You may be proven right or you may be proven wrong. Time will tell.

How does he professionally try to get a move that the club doesn't want to sanction?

Or is that not possible at all in your opinion?

Nothing naive in wanting to move to your dream club.

The naivety comes in thinking that the email sent will make a positive difference to the situation. Or it comes in your belief that it was sent with that expectation.

Because it wasn't worthy of a response and part of it was added after I'd started to respond.
    Do you honestly believe he was thinking about how positive his request would look, he made a move which failed, end of story. Now everything after that is what has upset some of our precious fans.

The discussions went from verbal discussions in private to sending emails whose sending was leaked to the media in advance.....

Your problem is you listened to all the ******** surrounding his request and that changed your attitude towards him, which was the goal by the way of the people that wanted him to leave to join them.
    I see you've added to your post again after I've started to respond.

I have not changed my attitude to Coutinho at all. Have you been reading my words or just arguing for the sake of it?

How does he professionally try to get a move that the club doesn't want to sanction?

Or is that not possible at all in your opinion?
    I have no doubt Coutinho was directly or indirectly (via his agent) in discussions with the Club verbally and in private about the possibility of finding a way to get out of his contractual obligations. All very 'professional'.

It became 'unprofessional' when he sent off a meaningless email after it had already been leaked to the media that he had already submitted a written request. Duh!!!!

We've actually been doing very well without Philippe. I think I'd rather keep Gini in that six (and have Trent take free kicks!)

I don't want Philippe gone but I certainly don't think we need tamper with the starting six that helped obliterate Arsenal. He needs to earn his place like everyone else.

I see you've added to your post again after I've started to respond.

I have not changed my attitude to Coutinho at all. Have you been reading my words or just arguing for the sake of it?
    We are having a discussion not an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Monument Mark View Post
    We've actually been doing very well without Philippe. I think I'd rather keep Gini in that six (and have Trent take free kicks!)

I don't want Philippe gone but I certainly don't think we need tamper with the starting six that helped obliterate Arsenal. He needs to earn his place like everyone else.
    He doesn't need to earn his place as He is one of our best players, maybe he needs to earn the trust of the fans again.

The discussions went from verbal discussions in private to sending emails whose sending was leaked to the media in advance.....
    That's just a terrible crime.