Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NFL 2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    I thought it was a pretty straight forward week results wise, I only got one result wrong in the weekly pick em, I had Chicago beating Green Bay.
    Who you got this week between Rams/Vikings?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Who you got this week between Rams/Vikings?
    Some tougher games to pick this week, I reckon the Rams might get the win against the Vikings.

These are my picks, there are a few that could go either way, I expect about 8 right this week.

Rams to beat Vikings
    Steelers to beat Titans
    Lions to beat Bears
    Chiefs to beat Giants
    Bucs to beat Dolphins
    Saints to beat Redskins
    Texans to beat Cardinals
    Jags to beat Browns
    Ravens to beat Packers
    Chargers to beat Bills
    Raiders to beat Patriots
    Eagles to beat Cowboys
    Seahawks to beat Falcons
    Broncos to beat Bengals

I got pretty much the same, but Falcons beating hawks and Pats beating Raiders.

Superbowl defense this Vikings one. Very impressive.

All pretty close games bar two so far

Brilliant comeback from the Saints. Brees was brilliant in the final two scoring drives to take it to OT.

Chiefs losing to the Giants, they have totally gone off the boil recently.

Buffalo made themselves the laughing stock
    The coach 5th round draft pick QB - throws 5 interceptions in the 1st quarter and has to be replaced by the franchise qb, that was dropped....

Another team in Freefall - Kansas, they were the hottest team at the start of the season, now the nowhere team

Brady at 40 is still the master of all he surveys

But team of the moment has to be New Orleans - 8 wins on the bounce

Does anyone know if they've resolved the issues that were happening with the NFL games that were being streamed live on the NFL gamepass?

I dont really follow American football other than looking for the Packers results, but I always thought that the teams with the worst records have first pick of the college draft players each season, so how is it that the Cleveland Browns are so consistently crap year after year?.
    They seem to have had rubbish teams as long as I can remember, or am I imagining this?.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    I dont really follow American football other than looking for the Packers results, but I always thought that the teams with the worst records have first pick of the college draft players each season, so how is it that the Cleveland Browns are so consistently crap year after year?.
    They seem to have had rubbish teams as long as I can remember, or am I imagining this?.
    They have made a lot of mistakes with their draft picks, passed on Carson Wentz, picked poorly when the likes of Derek Carr, Odell Beckham, Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly, Fletcher Cox were still on the board.

Drafting QB's has been a nightmare for them, even this year they could have taken Deshaun Watson but traded their pick to Houston who then picked Watson. I doubt Watson would of made the same impact at Cleveland as he has in Houston but its another very good QB they have passed on and the ones they do draft have been awful in recent years.

Kizer could turn out pretty decent, he has looked good at times but also has looked hopeless but that could be down to playing for the Browns.

They actually drafted pretty well this year apart from passing on Watson and will have 2 very early picks again in round one next year if they don't trade away again so they should improve but they need to make the right picks.
    No use stock pilling all these early round draft picks if the people picking them have no clue what they are doing.

Brilliant comeback from the Saints. Brees was brilliant in the final two scoring drives to take it to OT.

Chiefs losing to the Giants, they have totally gone off the boil recently.
    The running game they have with Ingram and Kamara is unbelievable. With Brees and their improved defense they have to be a SB contender.

Andy Reid is a fool. 4 first half carries for Hunt. They need to feed Hunt to have a chance and they are refusing to do so.
    Alex Smith was absolutely terrible as well.

Superbowl defense this Vikings one. Very impressive.

All pretty close games bar two so far
    Don't see them being good enough for the SB.

Think Vikings beats Detroit , Skins beat the Giants and Chargers beats Dallas tomorrow.

Think Vikings beats Detroit , Skins beat the Giants and Chargers beats Dallas tomorrow.
    Looking good so far.

Did you see the punter for the Chargers missing the practice net on the side line? You have got to laugh, what is he, 3 yards away or something. Has kicked an extra point though which was good for him.

Dallas maybe back in this, Chargers should be out of sight, they have played like they should be nearer 30-6 up than 16-6.

Should be game over now 22-6, punter misses extra point. I'm off to find my boots, might get a kicking job.
    Last edited by KoppityKloppity; 24-11-17 at 00:51.

Looking good so far.

Did you see the punter for the Chargers missing the practice net on the side line? You have got to laugh, what is he, 3 yards away or something. Has kicked an extra point though which was good for him.

Dallas maybe back in this, Chargers should be out of sight, they have played like they should be nearer 30-6 up than 16-6.

Should be game over now 22-6, punter misses extra point. I'm off to find my boots, might get a kicking job.
    When the announcer said "Looks like they are going for it he must have seen the same kick we did" I couldn't help but laugh. 3 yards and you miss the practice net my lord. Then when they missed the next one I really laughed.

Dak looks terrible though. A byproduct of Elliot and his OL, just scared to throw the ball. They should move Dez to the slot. Lee out kills what defense they have too.

Chiefs are done. Probably won't even make playoffs. What a turnaround.

Chiefs are done. Probably won't even make playoffs. What a turnaround.
    What has happened to the Chiefs? At this rate the Raiders will be overtaking them soon. The Chargers definitely will as they have a reasonable run of remaining games and are looking very good recently.

Anyone in the AFC can join New England and Pittsburgh in the playoffs, looking really weak apart from those two, Chargers have been better than their current standing.

NFC has 6 or 7 potential teams who could make the Superbowl with 4 really good looking sides currently.

What has happened to the Chiefs? At this rate the Raiders will be overtaking them soon. The Chargers definitely will as they have a reasonable run of remaining games and are looking very good recently.

Anyone in the AFC can join New England and Pittsburgh in the playoffs, looking really weak apart from those two, Chargers have been better than their current standing.

NFC has 6 or 7 potential teams who could make the Superbowl with 4 really good looking sides currently.

It's amazing they started 5-0 and then stopped doing everything that got them there. Reid has messed up big time with the coaching, they have stopped giving the ball to Hunt. The first 5 games he got over 20 carries they won and moved the ball and now they lead the league in 3 and outs. The offense has stalled and Alex Smith bears a lot of the fault too. He simply has been awful, a lot of defenses are running cover 2 on them and Smith cannot hit the man in the middle despite having Kelce who gets open all the time. With him struggling they have no big play ability and predictable. Maybe he can snap out but it's Alex Smith I wouldn't bet on it.

This might be the year the Steelers finally beat New England(although don't we always say that?)

Think Chargers are the 3rd best in the AFC right now, they have a Top 3 pass rush at worst, Keenan Allen looks phenomenal and Rivers has been heating up, they've got a very good schedule to end the season can't see them not making it.

Can't see past Philly honestly, that offense is loaded. Although Vikings and maybe Saints have a good shot. A lot of good teams though.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint

They were a running team who stopped running the football. Their RB had only 5 touches in the first half last week.

Alex Smith has always been a cold ham sandwich. You know exactly what you're getting. A solid QB that can manage a game. Put the ball in others hands to win it, and set up the defense.

Gotta look at the coaches and play callers the last few weeks.

When the Dolphins embarrass you. My word Denver

Chiefs have totally lost it on defense now.

Chargers and Raiders with a great chance to win that division now.

Chargers are gonna take that division for sure. Denver looks like a high school offense.

Vikings looked really good again defensively.

Saints to beat Falcons tonight?

Saints to beat Falcons tonight?
    Would have said yes but Kamara is off in concussion protocol so could be a bit harder now.

The Ryan Shazier injury isn't sounding great. Had spinal stabilization surgery, hopefully he makes a full recovery but they have said his football future is unclear.

Would have said yes but Kamara is off in concussion protocol so could be a bit harder now.

The Ryan Shazier injury isn't sounding great. Had spinal stabilization surgery, hopefully he makes a full recovery but they have said his football future is unclear.
    Still should have won the game, officials were horrendous though but that throw by Brees was a terrible decision. Throw into triple coverage to your TE or Ingram who is wide open?

Yeah man I'm a Steelers fan. Honestly at this point I'm just hoping he can walk again without any problems.

Great win for the Jaguars against Seattle, some great defense until the latter stages of the game.

LA Chargers on a role still, great performance again. Looking really good. Big game coming up against the Chiefs, could decide the winner of that conference.

Raiders, hopeless, right let down today.

Browns so close to their first win, no idea what Kizer is thinking throwing that ball in OT like that.

Eagles beat the Rams in a great game, though I expect they will be mighty concerned about Wentz, looks like he could be out for the season which means their season could be done. Cant see them go far with a back up QB now.

Wentz with an ACL tear. Just brutal.

Intense game between Steelers/Ravens as always. Can't believe they squeaked it out, are they finally going to show up against the Pats next week?