Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: As of now, what is your opinion of Jurgen Norbert Klopp?

Still a big fan of Klopp. I also think he accepts we have a problem with our defence and central midfield, hence trying to sign VVD and securing Keita. Once we get those two areas sorted we will be consistent title challengers under Klopp.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    I love his character and the fact that he has made us an exciting team to watch again - its pure entertaining football which is what I want us to be playing.

However, I wish he would sort out his pigheadedness and solve the defence which means signing new players who are better than what we have (and the players can easily be improved upon despite what he says).
    And this in a nutshell is the problem. He is a charismatic man and his teams play exciting football and thats what is the attraction. Liverpool are an exciting team to watch..going forward. However until he addresses his achilles heel ie his failure to play a defensive MF, his failure to address defensive weaknesses we will stay as an entertaining side to watch but not win anything major (PL/CL). We are morphing into Arsenal by the day with everyone liking how we play but we dont win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dham944 View Post
    I admit I have nagging doubts now over how far we can go with him. Bored of having the same conversations about the same deficiencies. What he did, in a different league, 5 or 6 years ago becomes less and less relevant the more we go on. I think it's absolutley baffling that nothing was done to address our overall defensive issues, both in midfield and in defence itself. It's a very real threat to what could have been a real springboard season for us.

Of course, it still could be, but we have made only a fair to middling start, worse than last year and we have the CL and the Xmas/New year spell to come. I dont see how the issues we have can be resolved without the new players that SHOULD have come in during the Summer.
    Think most would agree with this but let's see what happens come January if we have not improved at the back and don't sign anybody to bolster the team I think it's fair to say it's all down to the manager solely.

Quote Originally Posted by danm77 View Post
    Still a big fan of Klopp. I also think he accepts we have a problem with our defence and central midfield, hence trying to sign VVD and securing Keita. Once we get those two areas sorted we will be consistent title challengers under Klopp.
    But he isnt what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    But he isnt what we need.
    Really? As far as I understand Keita is a complete midfielder, so could play the holding role, the box to box role and also more of an attacking role. His tackles and interceptions are as good as his forward play.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    I think it's a shame he's slumming it instead of using his obvious talents to win league titles with Liverpool. Instead he has somehow tied a block of cement around his feet and he's now merely trying not to drown. It's a damn shame.

He should have accepted this last season then maybe we could have progressed in that area.

Am gonna try and remain positive and hope this can still be fixed come Jan even tho I am getting less convinced by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayub View Post
    Should be sacked as he aint what people make him out to be.
    What people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayub View Post
    Should be sacked as he aint what people make him out to be.
    Chump.

Klopp is absolutely still the right man for the job and I'm still 100% behind him.

I'm confident that in the next few weeks, the naysayers will be absent from these boards and we'll be putting teams away on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    His time here will be judged on his ability to fix our defensive problems.

No problems going forward, even Brendan did a good job of that with SAS, but he's left himself under a big spotlight refusing to sign anyone other than VVD.
    Not sure where this myth comes from. When he came we couldn't score and conceded stupid goals. That's why we were in the bottom half of the table and crying for Sturridge to be fit. Apart from that we couldn't win any of the big games. Let's not compare him to BR.

Well considering its near on impossible to consistently challenge for the title on our budget he's doing a great job. Mourinho would be crying if he was our manager, guardiola would be crying he hasnt got the players he needs to implement his system. Klopp is positive and that is whats needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeKloppo View Post
    Not sure where this myth comes from. When he came we couldn't score and conceded stupid goals. That's why we were in the bottom half of the table and crying for Sturridge to be fit. Apart from that we couldn't win any of the big games. Let's not compare him to BR.
    Did you just invent a myth? How has this become a myth and who else has been calling it one?

Our attacking is fine, could be better when faced with park the bus teams with the addition of a world class striker, but it's not an issue.

Since before Klopp arrived, there has been a massive issue with our defending, especially at set pieces. Nothing has changed in all the time he's been here except we now finally have natural LBs being able to start games.

He's just had a whole summer transfer window where he's only signed Robertson to address defence. VVD was a big story and so far it's been a failure. Because of this the defensive issue has become bigger than it ever was before. A large majority of the fan base are questioning his decision to stick with this player and no other.

I personally back him in this decision and expect our current players to see us through adequately until January at least. However if Southampton still refuse to sell in January and no other CB is brought in, and we miss out on top 4 because of our defensive problems, then Klopp is heading for some massive criticism.

These things snowball, pressure grows and so does discontent among the fans.

After that, if he fails to fix the problem in yet another summer transfer window, then his job is going to be hanging from a fine thread. It could cost him is job and the whole reason for that will be failing to fix our defence.

And you're calling all this a myth?

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Same concerns about him I had when he joined but he's fine.

We can't do much better

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstan View Post
    He should have accepted this last season then maybe we could have progressed in that area.

Am gonna try and remain positive and hope this can still be fixed come Jan even tho I am getting less convinced by the day.
    I think he did accept it last season - hence the attempts to sign VVD and then getting Keita. Yes I agree with others that we shouldn't have just settled with what we have in defence when it became clear we wouldn't get VVD in the summer. He has too much faith in the players we have.

However let's not doubt Klopp's intelligence. He must also realise our defence needs improving. He is stubborn and won't settle for 2nd best in terms of transfers - which is wrong in my opinion when you can't get your first choice.

Klopp is still the man for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Did you just invent a myth? How has this become a myth and who else has been calling it one?

Our attacking is fine, could be better when faced with park the bus teams with the addition of a world class striker, but it's not an issue.

Since before Klopp arrived, there has been a massive issue with our defending, especially at set pieces. Nothing has changed in all the time he's been here except we now finally have natural LBs being able to start games.

He's just had a whole summer transfer window where he's only signed Robertson to address defence. VVD was a big story and so far it's been a failure. Because of this the defensive issue has become bigger than it ever was before. A large majority of the fan base are questioning his decision to stick with this player and no other.

I personally back him in this decision and expect our current players to see us through adequately until January at least. However if Southampton still refuse to sell in January and no other CB is brought in, and we miss out on top 4 because of our defensive problems, then Klopp is heading for some massive criticism.

These things snowball, pressure grows and so does discontent among the fans.

After that, if he fails to fix the problem in yet another summer transfer window, then his job is going to be hanging from a fine thread. It could cost him is job and the whole reason for that will be failing to fix our defence.

And you're calling all this a myth?
    Apologies for jumping the gun there. Seen some people say that attacking wasn't the problem under BR since yesterday when it was quite clearly was. We are levels above where we were when he left. Agree on the rest.

The issue for me is if not him then who? I've been on this board for ten years and during that time we have had 5 managers. When Shanks came and Paisley left we had 2 managers in 26 years. I just cannot fathom why people want the guy sacked after 2 years where he has improved us, albeit in his own way. Yes he is stubborn and puts his faith in strange players but surely we need to stick by him through thick and thin until it becomes obvious that he will not be successful. Having said that I still remain convinced we will win at title under him.

I think he did accept it last season - hence the attempts to sign VVD and then getting Keita. Yes I agree with others that we shouldn't have just settled with what we have in defence when it became clear we wouldn't get VVD in the summer. He has too much faith in the players we have.

However let's not doubt Klopp's intelligence. He must also realise our defence needs improving. He is stubborn and won't settle for 2nd best in terms of transfers - which is wrong in my opinion when you can't get your first choice.

Klopp is still the man for me at the moment.
    If he did accept it then why are we still in this situation maybe it's not players we should be looking to sign but a transfer committee

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    i still wonder if people wanted klopp or klopp's dortmund - sometimes i feel its the latter.

he came here part way through a season so did not have a summer window, and ofc the players never had a klopp preseason, so in reality last season was his first season to judge any progress and we got top four.

yet here we with only 5 games gone in his second full season and the usual questions are being asked with some wanting him sacked. do we now only give a manager only 1 (one) season to be a success in a league which is one of the most competitive in world football, sorry but to me that's idiotic and beyond stupid.

Great guy but too stubborn for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Klopp is absolutely still the right man for the job and I'm still 100% behind him.

I'm confident that in the next few weeks, the naysayers will be absent from these boards and we'll be putting teams away on a regular basis.
    Red-tinted fairy brigade to the rescue :FP:

Unconvinced.

Reminding me of Wenger.

I think he would be gone in a couple of seasons but would be remembered fondly

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    i still wonder if people wanted klopp or klopp's dortmund - sometimes i feel its the latter.

he came here part way through a season so did not have a summer window, and ofc the players never had a klopp preseason, so in reality last season was his first season to judge any progress and we got top four.

yet here we with only 5 games gone in his second full season and the usual questions are being asked with some wanting him sacked. do we now only give a manager only 1 (one) season to be a success in a league which is one of the most competitive in world football, sorry but to me that's idiotic and beyond stupid.
    That's life in top clubs, if Zidane doesn't win anything this year he would probably be sacked, there is nothing wrong with a manager being under pressure, in fact that should always be the case.

Going down in my estimations.

Not the manager I thought he was.

Poor with transfer and lack of them.
    Poor with using his Substitutions.
    Blind Faith in players which he's convinced he can make better but in reality they wont.

You don't see with the personnel we have anything changing. We're not going to become solid defensively under him, and he's not competing in a 2 team league. With his philosophy of plan a or the highway, we will entertain, both winning and losing, but ultimately will continue to be inconsistent under him. He's a great character but I don't see success under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstan View Post
    But doesn't he have the first and last say on the player recruiting side his words by the way. I will agree with you on the business side which has been shocking for years especially when you consider the changes that have been made over recent years.
    He does but we have continuously seen us fail to get his targets even when they want to come. Klopp is and has been definitely making errors. But he normally gets more right than wrong. So far it seems he is not ruthless enough and far too loyal to mediocre players. I still have my doubts about klopp trusting the scouts to find him players.

Still very much a huge Fan but not blinkered to the issues he has.

However those calling for his head need to have a word with themselves.

I think the whole intensity and competitiveness of the PL has genuinely taken him by surprise - his swearing about losing at Palace still makes me die (don't know if I can link it here so look it up) and he has to learn that teams can't simply be blown away by firepower, you need balance.

I think he needs at least a Trophy this Season to keep us ALL on side, let's not forget he's taken us to 2 Finals already.

Would I swap him for anyone at the moment, not a chance, for me that means I'm still backing him for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    My opinion of him now(since I didnt know him well,other than the constant invoking of his name on here by purring fans) is that he is not the Football god that I thought he was.
    There is only one God for you,Brendan Rodgers

One of the best managers in the world!!! I can't believe we are we even having this discussion!!

There's not a club in the world that would not want Klopp as their manager!!!
    This is disgraceful.

Back the manager, he is our biggest star on the whole team!!!

YNWA, Jurgen!!!