Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3233

Thread: As of now, what is your opinion of Jurgen Norbert Klopp?

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Then there are other 1000 managers who were given time and won **** all before being sacked too late.
    All depends on your definition of too late, I think. Hopefully the owners aren't swayed by the calls for Klopp's head this season or we'll really look like those clubs who sack managers through impatience. If there's one manager who is good enough to not be written off by impatience it's this one. It's nothing to do with him how long we've been waiting for the title. Hardest job in world football? Probaby and who else of his calibre will take us on? A club full of fans expecting to beat Guardiola, Jose and Chelsea, all of whom in clubs who have thrown hundreds of millions around for the last 5 or many more years, had their drought years as well, even with that money, and we expect it in a couple of years. Lay off him and get behind him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    All depends on your definition of too late, I think. Hopefully the owners aren't swayed by the calls for Klopp's head this season or we'll really look like those clubs who sack managers through impatience. If there's one manager who is good enough to not be written off by impatience it's this one. It's nothing to do with him how long we've been waiting for the title. Hardest job in world football? Probaby and who else of his calibre will take us on? A club full of fans expecting to beat Guardiola, Jose and Chelsea, all of whom in clubs who have thrown hundreds of millions around for the last 5 or many more years, had their drought years as well, even with that money, and we expect it in a couple of years. Lay off him and get behind him.
    I wouldn't sack Klopp, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Ferguson.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    I wouldn't sack Klopp, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Ferguson.
    He was a once in a generation manager. Using him as a benchmark for patience doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeBallBack View Post
    I really hope your right. I hope Klopp turns all this around, and id love to admit my mistakes, but i just feel so frustrated by losing our great position last year and lack of transfers.

Uniteds purple patch has been adding to that frustration. Thanks for cheering me up m8. Hope your spot on and we beat united.
    I'm always right - well, I am when it comes to Man Utd .. just ask Ganymede, he'll confirm it.

Not only will be beat Man United, but we will keep a clean sheet as well (now I'm REALLY stretching my luck).

I don't understand why people keep saying stuff like that, how do you know that? I mean which is the second hardest job in world football then?

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    I don't understand why people keep saying stuff like that, how do you know that? I mean which is the second hardest job in world football then?
    It's hilarious really. According to so many people here, the Liverpool manager's job, where you are given free reign (by owners and fans) to underachieve for at least 3 seasons before anybody has the right to question your methods is harder than, say, Chelsea, where you can find yourself on your ass right after winning multiple trophies. Or the Real/Barcelona jobs where fans and the press will easily grill you after each and every game for not performing at the absolute top level of performance even when you are almost guaranteed to seriously challenge/win on multiple fronts.

I think Klopp realises that this is probably the easiest, most lucrative job he will ever have in his career. He certainly does not look like someone who feels under pressure from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by neongreekred View Post
    It's hilarious really. According to so many people here, the Liverpool manager's job, where you are given free reign (by owners and fans) to underachieve for at least 3 seasons before anybody has the right to question your methods is harder than, say, Chelsea, where you can find yourself on your ass right after winning multiple trophies. Or the Real/Barcelona jobs where fans and the press will easily grill you after each and every game for not performing at the absolute top level of performance even when you are almost guaranteed to seriously challenge/win on multiple fronts.

I think Klopp realises that this is probably the easiest, most lucrative job he will ever have in his career. He certainly does not look like someone who feels under pressure from anyone.
    Yes you are right, he has one of the easiest and best paid jobs in world football.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by neongreekred View Post

Not many managers who have won zero at a club are given 6 year deals, that's for sure. You're absolutely right. If Klopp doesn't go to Braunschweig next this is the cushiest job he'll ever have.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    He joined in 86 and won f all until 1990. First title in 93 which is why people talk about 7 years. His 2nd finish was a one off, he also finished 11th and 13th I think it was amongst some very poor seasons in his first few years. He was given lots of time.
    good point. its worth noting that changing managers while at the top of the tree can be easier, those coming from far lower positions really do need more time to balance things out unless things click straight away. horrible to say but look at spuds prior to ponch, and any other team below them that keep changing managers on a whim. not many improve and go forward.

Not many managers who have won zero at a club are given 6 year deals, that's for sure. You're absolutely right. If Klopp doesn't go to Braunschweig next this is the cushiest job he'll ever have.
    He has a lot of the attributes to being a good coach/manager. Undoubtably he has things to learn about English football and its styles of football. If ever there was a lesson to be learnt he must be that stucdent now and glean ever morcel of information highlighted to him this season in the importance of a strong defense in this league, particularly as he leaves it exposed so often with attacking his fullbacks and lack of midfield cover.
    I say he needs to be allowed to make these necessary changes to the team. This season must be a 'Road to Damascus' moment for him in these terms.
    I say give him time as his teams are a joy to watch going forward and also I fear for what our next step will be should Klopp fail.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    I'm always right - well, I am when it comes to Man Utd .. just ask Ganymede, he'll confirm it.

Not only will be beat Man United, but we will keep a clean sheet as well (now I'm REALLY stretching my luck).
    Last season id have been with you on this, but this? not so sure. Maureen will set up for a draw but he has far too much going forward so will def nick a goal or two off us. Rashford/Lukaku/Martial against our defence doesnt bear thinking about.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Its 2017. Were not competing with one or two clubs anymore. Comparisons with 30 years ago are not remotely helpful or meaningful.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    It’s 2017. We’re not competing with one or two clubs anymore. Comparisons with 30 years ago are not remotely helpful or meaningful.
    Haha makes me laugh when fans put the "fergie took his time"
    ?

Well if it's the cushiest job in football, lesser managers than him would have won the league with us since 1990. It seems like almost wilful ignoring of the long, long history of almost unlimited resources at the disposal of 3/4 clubs bigger and richer than us, as if they won titles in spite of the multi billion investments their owners have made in the whole of the clubs and their infrastructure for years, not just on players we haven't been remotely able to afford. Salah, who could be one of our best players is one of Chelsea's cast-offs. They've probably got plenty more where he came from. Quoting Fergie is a red herring. So is feeling entitled to be the leading team in the PL because we were that in the 80s. 'Won zero' - so what, a League Cup would have been a success but a European Final, League Cup final and champions league football in the first 18 months is not worthy of consideration? Some perspective needed, I think.

Well if it's the cushiest job in football, lesser managers than him would have won the league with us since 1990. It seems like almost wilful ignoring of the long, long history of almost unlimited resources at the disposal of 3/4 clubs bigger and richer than us, as if they won titles in spite of the multi billion investments their owners have made in the whole of the clubs and their infrastructure for years, not just on players we haven't been remotely able to afford. Salah, who could be one of our best players is one of Chelsea's cast-offs. They've probably got plenty more where he came from. Quoting Fergie is a red herring. So is feeling entitled to be the leading team in the PL because we were that in the 80s. 'Won zero' - so what, a League Cup would have been a success but a European Final, League Cup final and champions league football in the first 18 months is not worthy of consideration? Some perspective needed, I think.
    I don't think a lack of resources can be cited as a reason for our being a slightly above mid table (for the most part) for the last decade or so. Our problem is that in the main we waste vast sums of money on players who range from average to rubbish and pay them such inflated wages we can't move them on when needed.
    Spurs and Arsenal have had far greater success than us with similar or even less investment.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    good point. its worth noting that changing managers while at the top of the tree can be easier, those coming from far lower positions really do need more time to balance things out unless things click straight away. horrible to say but look at spuds prior to ponch, and any other team below them that keep changing managers on a whim. not many improve and go forward.
    It wasnt a good point. He's wrong. Ferguson finished 2nd twice before he won the title. In his first full season in charge, and in the season prior to winning the league. Ferguson was quite obviously "getting it right" well before his seventh year. It didnt take him seven years to get it right. Those three trophies are testimony to that.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    Spurs kept hiring the wrong men. If they gave Him Sherwood an unconditional 6 year deal it doesn't mean he's have got bit right eventually.

And that's the problem here too we keep hiring the wrong men

Klopp could have picked quite a few jobs to more successful clubs then us but he wanted to come here.

Its over 20 years since our last league title so it is one of the hardest jobs going - getting us back on our perch - at least for a little while.

Lack of enough quality signings over the years has cost us big time.

He has shown to much loyalty to some players and will now have to be more ruthless imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Spurs kept hiring the wrong men. If they gave Him Sherwood an unconditional 6 year deal it doesn't mean he's have got bit right eventually.

And that's the problem here too we keep hiring the wrong men
    just out of curiousity are you saying klopp is the wrong man?

although i've been critical of him these past few weeks, i still won't right him off but i think anyone would fail here the way the club has handled transfers
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by bodiddley View Post
    pulis, allardyce ? Anyone who can maximise the resources available

i've finally discovered all this football philosophy nonsense is just that - nonsense
    Jesus..........Pulis, Allardyce.......Kill me now.

Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    I don't think a lack of resources can be cited as a reason for our being a slightly above mid table (for the most part) for the last decade or so. Our problem is that in the main we waste vast sums of money on players who range from average to rubbish and pay them such inflated wages we can't move them on when needed.
    Spurs and Arsenal have had far greater success than us with similar or even less investment.
    I think 'slightly above mid-table' isn't quite accurate. We have been realistic competitors for the top four for a long time. You make us sound like Southampton. And what chumps those big clubs are for spending all that money and putting massive resources in place as if it had nothing to do with them challenging or winning the title and cups consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    He was a once in a generation manager. Using him as a benchmark for patience doesn't really make sense.
    Citing "patience" doesnt make sense. It's completely meaningless. Who gets to arbitrarily decide when youre permitted to lose patience? I have a feeling it will remarkably coincide with when the club decide enough time has passed and he needs replacing. Then it will be ok for supporters to say they have had enough.

Some people just believe time solves everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    just out of curiousity are you saying klopp is the wrong man?

although i've been critical of him these past few weeks, i still won't right him off but i think anyone would fail here the way the club has handled transfers
    I'm not saying he's the wrong guy yet.

But at the moment for the job that's at hand at LFC I'm not sure it's looking great.

All we have is hope based on his time at Dortmund.

But at the moment for the job that's at hand at LFC I'm not sure it's looking great.

to be honest i do have my criticisms of him but the more i think about it , if the club had provided him with the players he'd wanted during the summer we'd be ina different position to now
    Eagle Face Moron

Well no, you have about 100 games to judge whether you think he can continue that improvement from his first season. We've seen the team play well and progress. You have to decide whether you have enough information to make a rationalised judgement on the team now and where you think its going. It has nothing to do with what he did at Dortmund, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Well no, you have about 100 games to judge whether you think he can continue that improvement from his first season. We've seen the team play well and progress. You have to decide whether you have enough information to make a rationalised judgement on the team now and where you think its going. It has nothing to do with what he did at Dortmund, really.
    Well I've not been overly impressed by the job he's done at Liverpool.

Sure we got 4th last year but that was in spite of a well below par squad and helped in no small part because of United getting off to a terrible start.

The problems we have now didn't begin a few weeks ago. Our performance level in the calender year of 2017 generally has been pretty poor. But nothing is being done to fix these problems going on for 9/10 months now.

He needs more time but assessing him after two years, I'm pretty underwhelmed by lots of things.

In two years at the helm Klopp has got us to two finals, a top four and at times playing some of the best football we have played for years. And some of you want him sacked! For who? Some of you will be the same guys in five years time when we have Sean Dyke who will be complaining about not attracting top notch managers. I have said it for a while: Klopp is last chance saloon unless a sugar daddy buys us. If he fails the club will go backwards for a long period. 2 years guys - some of you were bemoaning Rafa being being sacked after five years. I am totally convinced we will be right up there by season's end and have made least the quarters of the Cbampion's league. Things will get sorted out - so some of you pack your vitriol away for a few weeks at least and save it for Mourinho.

Well I've not been overly impressed by the job he's done at Liverpool.

Sure we got 4th last year but that was in spite of a well below par squad and helped in no small part because of United getting off to a terrible start.

The problems we have now didn't begin a few weeks ago. Our performance level in the calender year of 2017 generally has been pretty poor. But nothing is being done to fix these problems going on for 9/10 months now.

He needs more time but assessing him after two years, I'm pretty underwhelmed by lots of things.
    So let me get this right. You are criticising him and underwhelmed because he got fourth with a below par squad? Sorry but isn't that the sign of a good manager that he was able to get the best out of a limited squad and beat the likes of the Scum and Arsenal? Seriously.....

There are a few things that are really concerning to me about Klopp's tenure.

1) Not addressing obvious issues with the team. Seemingly everyone in the world can see that we need a new defence other than the people who actually work for the club. We can say "...but we wanted VVD" as much as we like, but the fact is, we did not sign him. And to then be told that he's happy with the current defenders is just insulting.

2) Spending money for no reason. I'm talking about Chamberlain here. To be fair, it's a player I didn't mind us signing. But, if you're going to spend 40M on a player you could get for free in 6 months, you absolutely should be playing him for more than 6 minutes at the end of a match.

3) Baffling substitutions. It's frustrating to watch us refuse to make changes until it's seemingly too late for them to have any influence. We keep being told about this amazing squad depth we have. Let's see it then.

4) Poor training. Our defenders are rubbish. No doubt about that. However, they are still professional football players playing in the Premier League. Klopp should be able to train them to defend better. He keeps saying "we'll learn from this". When? Because so far nothing has improved from week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    So let me get this right. You are criticising him and underwhelmed because he got fourth with a below par squad? Sorry but isn't that the sign of a good manager that he was able to get the best out of a limited squad and beat the likes of the Scum and Arsenal? Seriously.....
    Why was the squad below par and still is? Because he keeps ignoring the obvious weaknesses and not using the transfer market

Got away with it last year, doesn't look like it will be the case this year.