Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3233

Thread: As of now, what is your opinion of Jurgen Norbert Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    I don't think so, he would probably make the top 10 though, just.
    Ridiculous. Before Klopp came here it was unanimous that he was in the top 5 managers in the world. Even fergie said as much. Revisionism at work again here. Total and utter ********
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    How much time?
    5 years

Quote Originally Posted by salresco View Post
    5 years
    But itís always 5 years. Does a UTD/CHELSEA/CITY manager get 5 years? If not why not?

Ridiculous. Before Klopp came here it was unanimous that he was in the top 5 managers in the world. Even fergie said as much. Revisionism at work again here. Total and utter ********
    Why? That was 2015, this is 2017. There is no way he is in top 5 now. What has he won since 2014? Nothing.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    But it’s always 5 years. Does a UTD/CHELSEA/CITY manager get 5 years? If not why not?
    all three clubs are top of the pile, reasonably stable and can, till recently maybe, outspend everyone else and changing managers does not such an immediate impact.

But it’s always 5 years. Does a UTD/CHELSEA/CITY manager get 5 years? If not why not?
    We are not utd/city/chelsea. With the team he had, klopp worked miracles to get us in the champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    all three clubs are top of the pile, reasonably stable and can, till recently maybe, outspend everyone else and changing managers does not such an immediate impact.
    Money is aplenty now. Has been for a while.

Money is aplenty now. Has been for a while.
    but its still linked with overall turnover and city and united currently make 200m more than any other club so its easier to paper over any mistake a manager makes. you should look into the players that are in the background of those teams and what they were bought for and wages. if we did that we would end up broke.

look, i get this myth about big clubs and managers but please look at it in context of league, and club. every single club that does this are top of thier leagues with no one really able to compete against them. now, consider any club that is not top of thier league and see what happens with a continual change of manager. how many really end up successful??

but its still linked with overall turnover and city and united currently make 200m more than any other club so its easier to paper over any mistake a manager makes. you should look into the players that are in the background of those teams and what they were bought for and wages. if we did that we would end up broke.

look, i get this myth about big clubs and managers but please look at it in context of league, and club. every single club that does this are top of thier leagues with no one really able to compete against them. now, consider any club that is not top of thier league and see what happens with a continual change of manager. how many really end up successful??
    Oh. So how come Chelsea are champions then?

Oh. So how come Chelsea are champions then?
    you mean the chelsea that were champions 18 months previously who have been in the top three for the last 10-15 years. as i said, close to the top of the tree , something we have not been for nearly a decade now. imo we are more like united prior to ferguson taking over and hopefully klopp will do just that.

you mean the chelsea that were champions 18 months previously who have been in the top three for the last 10-15 years. as i said, close to the top of the tree , something we have not been for nearly a decade now. imo we are more like united prior to ferguson taking over and hopefully klopp will do just that.
    Yes. That Chelsea. The Chelsea that have a turnover of £200 million less than City or Utd.

Yes. That Chelsea. The Chelsea that have a turnover of £200 million less than City or Utd.
    ok, what point are you trying to make, the one cause conte came in and won the league..?

ok, what point are you trying to make, the one cause conte came in and won the league..?
    Biggest turnover doesnít mean league success. Utd have had the biggest turnover for years but have been garbage in the league for a while.Sometimes a great manager can make the difference. Moyes took over from Ferguson, so going by your theory Moyes should have won the league easily (took over from Fergie and had the biggest turnover ever) Why didnít he? He was garbage thatís why.

Biggest turnover doesn’t mean league success. Utd have had the biggest turnover for years but have been garbage in the league for a while.Sometimes a great manager can make the difference. Moyes took over from Ferguson, so going by your theory Moyes should have won the league easily (took over from Fergie and had the biggest turnover ever) Why didn’t he? He was garbage that’s why.
    i get what your saying but have to consider that united was a dynasty coming to an end whereas city and chelsea only know changing managers.

its worth noting that not only did moyes take the managerial job but woodward was also installed to take over from david gill to deal with the finances and transfers..

four years down the line they appear to have stablised a bit..

i get what your saying but have to consider that united was a dynasty coming to an end whereas city and chelsea only know changing managers.

its worth noting that not only did moyes take the managerial job but woodward was also installed to take over from david gill to deal with the finances and transfers..

They definitely have stabilised. Theyíve got the best short term manager in history. No other manager promises (and delivers) silverware better than Jose. Yes he doesnít build a dynasty or generally bring a lot of young players through. But good lord he wins stuff.

Iím not after a fight dude. I just think weíre not progressing very much. Talks of 5 year plans are silly. Itís only us who speak of them.

any light bulb flicking up there now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    any light bulb flicking up there now?
    Didnít Fergie recommend Moyes?

I’m not after a fight dude. I just think we’re not progressing very much. Talks of 5 year plans are silly. It’s only us who speak of them.
    no worries mate. it actually goes with my point, continual change of players and managers and we are where we are currently. its why i pick on united as they did exactly the same process before giving ferguson the time and even then it was touch and go.

whenever i look across the league at the carousel of managerial changes you predict roughly what is going to happen. and the more they change the closer they drift towards the relegatino trapdoor and this season its crystal palaces turn.

no worries mate. it actually goes with my point, continual change of players and managers and we are where we are currently. its why i pick on united as they did exactly the same process before giving ferguson the time and even then it was touch and go.

whenever i look across the league at the carousel of managerial changes you predict roughly what is going to happen. and the more they change the closer they drift towards the relegatino trapdoor and this season its crystal palaces turn.
    We differ in our opinions but a pleasure speaking to you.

We differ in our opinions but a pleasure speaking to you.
    likewise. and soon we can watch wales and hopefully another cameo from young woodburn.

likewise. and soon we can watch wales and hopefully another cameo from young woodburn.
    Is right.

Didn’t Fergie recommend Moyes?
    I am missing the relevance

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    I am missing the relevance
    I donít know. Are you?

I don’t know. Are you?
    It’s really vonStaufConfusing to me
    Last edited by Mrs He..eghhhh; 9-10-17 at 23:27.

I predict we will win against the mancs and a lot of you moaners will be quiet for a while......With the squad we had we punched above our weight last season. We have made progress, yes its been slow, but still progress. Get behind the team.

I predict we will win against the mancs and a lot of you moaners will be quiet for a while......With the squad we had we punched above our weight last season. We have made progress, yes its been slow, but still progress. Get behind the team.
    A poster to my heart. I agree with you.

And if we lose to.the Mancs?

Even if we lose to the Mancs, which very well may happen, Klopp is still definitely the man for the job. No doubt about it.

YNWA

Didn’t Fergie recommend Moyes?
    He did. Because he believed the sort of mythical nonsense about dynasties born out of some ideas that a club can create a tradition that results in a tradition of winning and so on without it being based on anything tangible. Like LFC did with the appointments of Souness and Evans and Kenny second time around. If United had appointed Jose immediately they would be in much better position now.

Klopp needs to modernise and end the whole nostalgic backward culture of the club as well as succeed on the pitch, its a huge job. He wouldn't be the only top manger to struggle with that task.