Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: As of now, what is your opinion of Jurgen Norbert Klopp?

1. #1 Klopp As of now, what is your opinion of Jurgen Norbert Klopp? 
    I still like the guy. I think we've improved under him. The big problem is our defense though. We won't be challenging for the big trophies under him with this defense and our inability to defend properly

Imo he isn't going anywhere soon, so he's got to sort this out himself, or this time next year he could be down the road if things don't improve. We've got everything going for us, it's just a shame that the same old problem are holding us back. Your thoughts please.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Both his strengths and weaknesses have been well documented. I haven't changed the way I think about him since he arrived. Largely because you knew what you were getting if you watched both phases of his bvb teams - the best in 2011-13, and the worst in 2013-15.

The strengths at anfield are the same, and so are the weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Loco_Bielsa View Post
    Both his strengths and weaknesses have been well documented. I haven't changed the way I think about him since he arrived. Largely because you knew what you were getting if you watched both phases of his bvb teams - the best in 2011-13, and the worst in 2013-15.

The strengths at anfield are the same, and so are the weaknesses.
    What changed for him at Dortmund in those two years?
    YNWA

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Still a big fan, but I'll be the first to admit not taking a more extensive look at his coaching history, and more specifically the tendency to concede goals. Yesterday was the first time I've seen him actually have the same expression as the fans, one of incredulity.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Regardless of the obvious mistakes he has my backing. It's a long season and we can easily go on a run of games despite a mediocre start. He needs to do something about our defence and find the right balance in midfield. I pray we get a CB in Jan but I doubt we'll sign anyone.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    He lost his best players to Bayern and injury; opposition teams worked out their weaknesses and played accordingly; fatigue set in and his players were simply unable or unwilling to work as hard as they had done previously; the replacements for the world class players who exited weren't good enough; klopp didn't adapt to the change in circumstances.

Right now he needs to go with what his head is telling him and not his heart.

I'm behind Klopp 100% until the day he decides to not give me that option any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Loco_Bielsa View Post
    He lost his best players to Bayern and injury; opposition teams worked out their weaknesses and played accordingly; fatigue set in and his players were simply unable or unwilling to work as hard as they had done previously; the replacements for the world class players who exited weren't good enough; klopp didn't adapt to the change in circumstances.
    I listened to a video on YouTube about how he changed their style in 2013-14 to a more possession based game. Did that have anything from do with it.
    YNWA

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    I love his character and the fact that he has made us an exciting team to watch again - its pure entertaining football which is what I want us to be playing.

However, I wish he would sort out his pigheadedness and solve the defence which means signing new players who are better than what we have (and the players can easily be improved upon despite what he says).

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    I don't like his stubbornness though, most of it has come back to bite him in the arse. I think it could be his downfall here, he has the experience to turn things around, the sooner the better please Jurgen.
    ?

Lost too many good players.

Hell of a character, strong willed, passionate, represents the club brilliantly, and seems to create great bonds with his players and be the sort of guy that footballers love to play for.

Tactically not convinced by him. Too loyal to mediocre players at the expense of points/wins. Talks a lot of ****.

Top manager, ideal for LFC. Yes the team is defensively weak but last season was our best defensively since Rafa. He's not finished building his team and he's not blind to its deficiencies hense his efforts to buy VVD & Keita. Had he got them we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    He's prepared to wait for them. And so should we. YNWA Herr Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nelly- View Post
    Hell of a character, strong willed, passionate, represents the club brilliantly, and seems to create great bonds with his players and be the sort of guy that footballers love to play for.

Tactically not convinced by him. Too loyal to mediocre players at the expense of points/wins. Talks a lot of ****.
    He's substitutions are really poor as well.
    YNWA

He is very similar to Wenger, I have to say.
    YNWA

I worry about the way he sets-up our defence and our defending; attacking though, I think he's created a really exciting and thrilling unit. I like his personality and his passion, with that character package though we also get pride and single-mindedness.

He is still the best manager in the world for me, just at a club that severely lacks quality.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    He's a good guy. But a little stubborn.

Edit: Actualy he might be more than a little stubborn.
    Last edited by NY Mike; 17-9-17 at 12:45.

Can't pretend everything is rosy and he's not made mistakes BUT I still have complete faith in him. Still think he can bring us success

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Still a big fan, but I'll be the first to admit not taking a more extensive look at his coaching history, and more specifically the tendency to concede goals. Yesterday was the first time I've seen him actually have the same expression as the fans, one of incredulity.
    Read my thread on his tactical issues at bvb which I started in 2016 - you'll recognise a lot of the issues I raised in the OP to that thread. It's here:

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...licated-at-lfc

Also worth googling and reading Freddie Rockenhaus's articles for suddeutsche zeitung, if you read German (or alternatively I suspect google translate will give you the gist). He was that paper's bvb reporter, and very close to the crisis at bvb in 2014-15. He documents all kinds of conversations between the bvb board and klopp on exactly the tactical/personnel issues we're debating now. The similarity is uncanny.

He's substitutions are really poor as well.
    Yep, that's a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    He is still the best manager in the world for me, just at a club that severely lacks quality.
    Would the best manager in the world not have brought that quality into the club over two years though?

I still like the guy. I think we've improved under him. The big problem is our defense though. We won't be challenging for the big trophies under him with this defense and our inability to defend properly

Imo he isn't going anywhere soon, so he's got to sort this out himself, or this time next year he could be down the road if things don't improve. We've got everything going for us, it's just a shame that the same old problem are holding us back. Your thoughts please.
    from doubter to still doubter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstan View Post
    from doubter to still doubter.
    I like to be realistic.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Right now he needs to go with what his head is telling him and not his heart.

I'm behind Klopp 100% until the day he decides to not give me that option any longer.
    I think his head needs to tell him to go 4-2-3-1 where the 2's primary responsibility is protecting the Back 4 and CBs in particular. I'm under no illusions. That would not have prevented the horrible goal that was conceded yesterday but we allow all manner of goals and we need to do something to improve on that.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    I think his head needs to tell him to go 4-2-3-1 where the 2's primary responsibility is protecting the Back 4 and CBs in particular. I'm under no illusions. That would not have prevented the horrible goal that was conceded yesterday but we allow all manner of goals and we need to do something to improve on that.
    I said the same thing last night.
    YNWA

I said the same thing last night.
    Something has to change mate. Put Henderson and Can as a DM pairing.

I like to be realistic.
    I was trying to keep it short getting bored of talking about how bad we defend and why a manager who people consider world class is incapable of signing players that we actually need.

I listened to a video on YouTube about how he changed their style in 2013-14 to a more possession based game. Did that have anything from do with it.
    He did that under pressure from the board, but his heart was never in it. He believes completely in his ideology which eschews possession and a patient buildup with control of the game in favour of rapid transitions, verticality with multiple runners at goal and lots of shots on goal.

It makes for exciting viewing, but you need very, very good players in central midfield and defence to play it. As soon as bender and subotic got injured, Hummels's lack of pace started to get exposed week in and week out and defensive individual errors started to mount.

At the other end of the pitch they were creating as many chances in 2014-15 as they had been in 2011-12 but converting a very small fraction of them. Lewa had left, immobile and Ramos who were his replacements weren't good enough and auba who has since proven under tuchel to be an equally effective 9 was being played on the wing.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    The attack is exciting but ripping apart every fourth team you play isn't enough. He seriously needs to pick it up from here because to say he's taken a gamble on players who shouldn't still be at Liverpool is putting it too mildly.

His time here will be judged on his ability to fix our defensive problems.

No problems going forward, even Brendan did a good job of that with SAS, but he's left himself under a big spotlight refusing to sign anyone other than VVD.