Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC agenda against Liverpool FC?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Please say Migs
    He did.

Garth, he's a ******* idiot
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Yea I mean once the bbc starts reporting it, it's almost a signal for everyone to bandwagon. They've got a high responsibility as a mainstream news outlet- it's a hard job keeping everyone happy. we're human we cause suffering inadvertently and cause joy unintentionally too for some reason, I sympathize with you though. Best way not to give rise to it is just to ignore (whenever stirring or an agenda takes place).
    Good point, I myself no longer watch the BBC News, its left wing and anti government bias is so obvious it insults the viewers, and that includes even those with a left view point.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Please say Migs
    Correct
    It's been some time since Simon Mignolet got into my team of the week and that's probably because of Liverpool's wretched defending. If you are going to have to score three goals away from home to win a football match, it's going to take its toll on every member of the team, including your goalkeeper.

Such was the case against Leicester, who counter-attacked with devastating effect and constantly ripped holes in Liverpool's defence, especially on set-pieces. It seems to me that Jurgen Klopp is getting away with results because of moments of magic by certain individuals, but risks losing it all by abject defending.

That seemed to be the story behind this victory by Liverpool over Leicester. Mignolet, having already conceded two goals, was left totally exposed again after a through ball by Leicester's Andy King which found another gaping hole in Liverpool's defence. Having clattered Vardy, Mignolet was not only lucky to stay on the pitch but produced that moment all strikers dread and saved the penalty to give his team the three points. Did the Reds deserve the victory? Probably not but when did justice ever dominate a football match.

I've changed my mind it proves they have.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Correct
    Are the media on crazy pills, or are people too harsh on Migs? I honestly can't tell anymore.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Correct
    Did the Reds deserve the victory? Probably not but when did justice ever dominate a football match.
    Bring back the facepalm for the love of god!

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I agree.

Liverpool deserved to win the game due to two pieces of sublime brilliance from Phil Coutinho. I wish the media would focus on that.

I've noticed that stories about us tend to be open for comments on the BBC site.

They will number in the hundreds and include at least a half dozen references to Heysel, no matter what the subject of the article is.

Correct
    You could argue he only put him in the team so he could have a good rip at our defending.

This line takes the biscuit. We were 2-0 and 3-1 up, and this is his conclusion?

"Did the Reds deserve the victory? Probably not but when did justice ever dominate a football match."

#theagendalives
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I have noticed that too, why did they remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    You could argue he only put him in the team so he could have a good rip at our defending.

This line takes the biscuit. We were 2-0 and 3-1 up, and this is his conclusion?

"Did the Reds deserve the victory? Probably not but when did justice ever dominate a football match."

#theagendalives
    It wasn't just him, I've heard quite a few neutrals praise 'our Keeper' for that game.

It wasn't just him, I've heard quite a few neutrals praise 'our Keeper' for that game.
    That's mad. Who were they?

That's mad. Who were they?
    I mean people at work, friends I've spoken to. I didn't watch MOTD, maybe they put a few of Migsy's saves in?

The other thing is, Crooks never even praises Migs, he just slates our team. The only time he even talks about Migs himself is this, and it's hardly praise.

"Mignolet, having already conceded two goals, was left totally exposed again after a through ball by Leicester's Andy King which found another gaping hole in Liverpool's defence. Having clattered Vardy, Mignolet was not only lucky to stay on the pitch but produced that moment all strikers dread and saved the penalty to give his team the three points.."

I mean people at work, friends I've spoken to. I didn't watch MOTD, maybe they put a few of Migsy's saves in?
    Ah fair enough. I didn't watch MOTD either, so I'm not sure.

millman2 is offline Armchair supporter
    If you looked at the analysis on MOTD, it never mentioned Leicester's 1st goal. Klopp said it wasn't a free kick and was then a foul on the goalkeeper by Okazaki. BT sport showed both these incidents. They focused instead on the penalties. If they had analysed the goal it would show a soft free kick and a clear foul. Mignolet pulled of some excellent saves, just when he was fouled he conceded. I also think Vardy took a dive for the free kick in the lead up to the goal. Liverpool's victory should have been a lot more comfortable, Leicester's second goal was a little fortunate as well as to where it landed after the initial save.

If you also looked at the stats after the key games, I believe Manchester Utd created half the chances that Southampton did and hung on. They also relied on a wonder save by De Gea to gain a point at Stoke. Liverpool are creating as many chances if not more than any of the top 3, and yes need to be more ruthless. They have also had a tougher start, especially including the Champions league games. If the defending was improved from set pieces at least 1/3 of the goals Liverpool are conceding could be stopped I think.

Quote Originally Posted by millman2 View Post
    If you looked at the analysis on MOTD, it never mentioned Leicester's 1st goal. Klopp said it wasn't a free kick and was then a foul on the goalkeeper by Okazaki. BT sport showed both these incidents. They focused instead on the penalties. If they had analysed the goal it would show a soft free kick and a clear foul. Mignolet pulled of some excellent saves, just when he was fouled he conceded. I also think Vardy took a dive for the free kick in the lead up to the goal. Liverpool's victory should have been a lot more comfortable, Leicester's second goal was a little fortunate as well as to where it landed after the initial save.

If you also looked at the stats after the key games, I believe Manchester Utd created half the chances that Southampton did and hung on. They also relied on a wonder save by De Gea to gain a point at Stoke. Liverpool are creating as many chances if not more than any of the top 3, and yes need to be more ruthless. They have also had a tougher start, especially including the Champions league games. If the defending was improved from set pieces at least 1/3 of the goals Liverpool are conceding could be stopped I think.
    Its not an agenda, just MOTD can be naff and is a highlight show with constant accusations of agendas against just about every team by fans.

They were particularly cursory in their post match review on Saturday though, seem to miss major incidents and didn't even show the Lovren pen claim

Vardy certainly dived too! He does most weeks but you know, England strikers don't dive

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Its not an agenda, just MOTD can be naff and is a highlight show with constant accusations of agendas against just about every team by fans.

They were particularly cursory in their post match review on Saturday though, seem to miss major incidents and didn't even show the Lovren pen claim

Vardy certainly dived too! He does most weeks but you know, England strikers don't dive
    It may not be an agenda against us, but not showing the Vardy dive is deffo an agenda to protect that fallacy.

It may not be an agenda against us, but not showing the Vardy dive is deffo an agenda to protect that fallacy.
    Bizarrely they showed it with no question of it not even being a dive, simply acceptance of a foul

No wonder Matip was baffled......... getting a yellow for not challenging the player

Bizarrely they showed it with no question of it not even being a dive, simply acceptance of a foul

No wonder Matip was baffled......... getting a yellow for not challenging the player
    That is mad alright. You can imagine if it was Stones defending and some non English striker taking the dive. And the yellow just took the biscuit alright.

Tbh, I didn't watch motd, I was going on the previous post saying they didn't mention it, and read that as not showing it.

This I agree with.

Lovren was booked for something similar. He clearly man-handled when going for a header and it wasn't given and he gets booked for asking why a foul wasn't given. Secondly Gomez was clearly fouled in the lead up to Leicesters first goal. Not once did MOTD highlight any of those.

That is mad alright. You can imagine if it was Stones defending and some non English striker taking the dive. And the yellow just took the biscuit alright.

Tbh, I didn't watch motd, I was going on the previous post saying they didn't mention it, and read that as not showing it.
    Yes it just struck me when they showed the replay and there was no question over whether it was a foul or not in the commentary, from memory anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    This I agree with.

Lovren was booked for something similar. He clearly man-handled when going for a header and it wasn't given and he gets booked for asking why a foul wasn't given. Secondly Gomez was clearly fouled in the lead up to Leicesters first goal. Not once did MOTD highlight any of those.
    Even for the pen, Salah was dragged back by the shirt earlier in play and he miss-passes the ball...because he was being held onto....then its played down field for Mignolet to do his wild thing

Yes it just struck me when they showed the replay and there was no question over whether it was a foul or not in the commentary, from memory anyways

Even for the pen, Salah was dragged back by the shirt earlier in play and he miss-passes the ball...because he was being held onto....then its played down field for Mignolet to do his wild thing
    He certainly makes my heart sing.

BBC is a liberal giant.

I actually agree with the first article.

Klopp sounds like a right idiot when he said that, I'm glad it slipped under the radar.

History affecting players. Jesus
    *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    I actually agree with the first article.

Klopp sounds like a right idiot when he said that, I'm glad it slipped under the radar.

History affecting players. Jesus
    *facepalm*
    Not the players, congratulations you understood the manager as poorly as Sutton.

bbc love liverpool. always got at least 1 ex red on.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool manager cuts Spartak Moscow news conference short
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41394100

--------------

WELL, that is a load of crap! I watched the interview, it was the LAST question to be asked and Klopp knew it was the last question because no other of the press had any more! So BBC with a false headline...

Think the OP is onto something...
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post

--------------

WELL, that is a load of crap! I watched the interview, it was the LAST question to be asked and Klopp knew it was the last question because no other of the press had any more! So BBC with a false headline...

I read that this morning, what twaddle. Click bait stuff.

I think they even said, one more question please and the question was, who do you love, and off he wandered.

Its not an agenda, its just they are getting gradually cheaper and hooked on the soap opera element of football, which lets be honest there is a demand for as evidenced by fans during the transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post

--------------

Bizarre press conference although Klopp handled it well.They ask the most ridiculous pointless questions which no one needs answers to.