Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BBC agenda against Liverpool FC?

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride In Battle View Post
    This thread is on almost every football forum for premier league teams, we all think their is bias against us. At least Liverpool have a massive presence in the TV media down the years, Lawro and Hansen, Souness, Carragher, Murphy, Beglin, Gerrard, even Aldridge from time to time. As a City fan I would have loved my club to have a presence like that to try and put in a good word when we were often under attack by the so called pundits. Best one out there IMO happens to also be a Liverpool fan, Craig Bellamy.
    Not sure it works like you think, a lot of the bias stems from our own ex players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Not sure it works like you think, a lot of the bias stems from our own ex players.
    It's not bias.....it's honesty

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    It's not bias.....it's honesty
    From the punditry? Not hardly. These are the folks that have a go at Liverpool's "suspect defending" every week without bothering to point out we have the best home defensive record in the league and a top 6 overall record. Sure it's one of our weaker aspects, especially away from home, but it's not the Stoke level of horrid they make it out to be...

Or do fun things like waffle about what is or isn't a penalty (Lovren & Holgate incidents vs Everton as recent examples). Overall they aren't much better than the inconsistent mess called PL officiating crews at calling a game honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    From the punditry? Not hardly. These are the folks that have a go at Liverpool's "suspect defending" every week without bothering to point out we have the best home defensive record in the league and a top 6 overall record. Sure it's one of our weaker aspects, especially away from home, but it's not the Stoke level of horrid they make it out to be...

Or do fun things like waffle about what is or isn't a penalty (Lovren & Holgate incidents vs Everton as recent examples). Overall they aren't much better than the inconsistent mess called PL officiating crews at calling a game honestly...
    So we haven't got suspect defending??????
    Where have you been for the past 6 or 7 years ?

Not so much about their agenda, but I gather Savage was a complete div in answering a question put to him on Radio 5 commentary yesterday.

Apparently he was asked if he thought Liverpool could or should man mark De Bruyne to which he replied : "what would be the point, it just means someone else would get the ball...?"

Poor Robbie, doesn't even get the point of man marking your opponents KEY PLAYMAKER out of the game, means Robbie that whoever else is on the ball will pose much less of a threat, duh! It's as stupid as asking of the point of marking at set pieces because sides score from them anyway....

Surprised he's up to working, would have thought he'd be calling in sick whilst mourning the sacking of his bessie sparky. Caught him on 606 defending him without a better defence than a caller not willing or caring enough to name a replacement, just kept trotting out the same question "who do you want to replace him?" and knocking him for just wanting Hughes out.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Not so much about their agenda, but I gather Savage was a complete div in answering a question put to him on Radio 5 commentary yesterday.

Apparently he was asked if he thought Liverpool could or should man mark De Bruyne to which he replied : "what would be the point, it just means someone else would get the ball...?"

Poor Robbie, doesn't even get the point of man marking your opponents KEY PLAYMAKER out of the game, means Robbie that whoever else is on the ball will pose much less of a threat, duh! It's as stupid as asking of the point of marking at set pieces because sides score from them anyway....

Surprised he's up to working, would have thought he'd be calling in sick whilst mourning the sacking of his bessie sparky. Caught him on 606 defending him without a better defence than a caller not willing or caring enough to name a replacement, just kept trotting out the same question "who do you want to replace him?" and knocking him for just wanting Hughes out.
    Shock Horror. Robbie Savage talks a load of nonsense.

Danny Murphy is worse.

He now claims that other teams such as Spurs, Chelsea and Man United could do to City what we did. There are so many inaccuracies in that statement it's unbelievable. Spurs tried to hard press City and got pummelled. Man United don't press the opposition., they use their physical strength to counter attack. Chelsea are a pacier version of United who break quickly.

We did it and were successful at it because we're the best in the league at it bar none. It's Klopps philosophy. If the oppisition play out from the back, do not allow them to breath. Murphy's comments were almost as stupid as those made by Souness. Souness said 'In the old days we called pressing getting the ball back".

Pressing is more than winning back possession. Pressing is forcing the opposition into mistakes and winning it in dangerous areas. You don't have to even make a challenge. If you pressurise the oppisition they will make mistakes themselves.
    Last edited by Kloppsstars; Yesterday at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Danny Murphy is worse.

He now claims that other teams such as Spurs, Chelsea and Man United could do to City what we did. There are so many inaccuracies in that statement it's unbelievable. Spurs tried to hard press City and got pummelled. Man United don't press the opposition., they use their physical strength to counter attack. Chelsea are a pacier version of United who break quickly.

We did it and were successful at it because we're the best in the league at it bar none. It's Klopps philosophy. If the oppisition play out from the back, do not allow them to breath. Murphy's comments were skmost as stupid as those made by Souness. Souness said 'In the old days we called pressing getting the ball back".

Pressing is more than winning back possession. Pressing is forcing the opposition into mistakes and winning it in dangerous areas. You don't have to even make a challenge. If you pressurise the oppisition they will make mistakes themselves.
    Tbf, I saw that MOTD and he didn’t say it in that way, he was asked could other teams do it, and he suggested they could based on their players.

Btw, are you still maintaining that pressing is done without structure?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Tbf, I saw that MOTD and he didnít say it in that way, he was asked could other teams do it, and he suggested they could based on their players.

Firstly having personnel is one thing, but you're forgetting the most important point. It's the coaching that's the most important point. It doesn't happen overnight and it takes a lot of effort to get it right. Whether the other sides are coached to do it is the most important point. It's drilled into our players and that took a lot of coaching.

Secondly pressing is a tactic, the formation has a structure. Tactics do not have structures and that is over complicating the matter. Counter attacking does not have a structure because similarly it's a tactic. Parking the bus does not have a structure because it's a tactic, not a formation.

Firstly having personnel is one thing, but you're forgetting the most important point. It's the coaching that's the most important point. It doesn't happen overnight and it takes a lot of effort to get it right. Whether the other sides are coached to do it is the most important point. It's drilled into our players and that took a lot of coaching.

Secondly pressing is a tactic, the formation has a structure. Tactics do not have structures and that is over complicating the matter. Counter attacking does not have a structure because similarly it's a tactic. Parking the bus does not have a structure because it's a tactic, not a formation.
    Is it dizzy where you are? It just got very dizzy here.

Is it dizzy where you are? It just got very dizzy here.
    My entire point that Murphy made a silly assumption that other clubs could do what we did without thoroughly going through the facts. The facts are that the other clubs due to coaching are not equipped to do what we did irrespective of personnel. Spurs tried it and failed being one prime example. It's a mixture of both having the personnel and being coached to do so.

Alan Shearer summed it up perfectly. He said Liverpool were able to do it because they had the pace in attack and the energy in midfield. If you combine that with the obvious coaching and it's drilled into our players, it's why we're the best in the league at it.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Tbf, I saw that MOTD and he didn’t say it in that way, he was asked could other teams do it, and he suggested they could based on their players.

Also I think, Man City made it very easy for us too to press them to making mistakes. We also have to think that Man City won't be facing our deadly 3 or won't have to deal with those type of tactics at all this season. But that doesn't mean, City won't be beaten again this season through other tactics.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

My entire point that Murphy made a silly assumption that other clubs could do what we did without thoroughly going through the facts. The facts are that the other clubs due to coaching are not equipped to do what we did irrespective of personnel. Spurs tried it and failed being one prime example. It's a mixture of both having the personnel and being coached to do so.

Alan Shearer summed it up perfectly. He said Liverpool were able to do it because they had the pace in attack and the energy in midfield. If you combine that with the obvious coaching and it's drilled into our players, it's why we're the best in the league at it.
    And my entire point was that Murphy said they could do it based on their players, not that they would or that it would be easy.

You then jumped to the conclusion that I’d forgotten that coaching was a factor, even though it wasn’t even my opinion in the first place, it was Murphy's, and I was just bringing some context to it.

And funny you should bring up Shearer, because in that MOTD, it was actually him that sounded the more begrudging, because he went on and on about legs, and energy, and running, etc., etc., but never mentioned the skill involved in what we’d done. It was basically presented as us just running them around the pitch being the key, but that’s just nonsense.

And my entire point was that Murphy said they could do it based on their players, not that they would or that it would be easy.

You then jumped to the conclusion that I’d forgotten that coaching was a factor, even though it wasn’t even my opinion in the first place, it was Murphy's, and I was just bringing some context to it.

And funny you should bring up Shearer, because in that MOTD, it was actually him that sounded the more begrudging, because he went on and on about legs, and energy, and running, etc., etc., but never mentioned the skill involved in what we’d done. It was basically presented as us just running them around the pitch being the key, but that’s just nonsense.
    No what you said is Murphy made a valid point that the other teams could do it. That's absolute nonsense. I pointed out exactly why what Murphy said is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Also I think, Man City made it very easy for us too to press them to making mistakes. We also have to think that Man City won't be facing our deadly 3 or won't have to deal with those type of tactics at all this season. But that doesn't mean, City won't be beaten again this season through other tactics.
    That’s very true, and shouldn’t be overlooked, even though it has been. Their tactics suit us perfectly, and as Klopp mentioned, you know what you’re going to get, but they’re extremely good at it. The knowing what you’re going to get part was definitely to our advantage. On a different level, but that Maribor away match was similar, in that they just kept on playing out from the back, and we just kept scoring. It was suicidal for them to do because they weren’t very good, but it was still a touch of madness from City too, because we’re juat brilliant at preying on it. Not that Pep should or would change because they’ll hammer most teams, but a slight tweak against us might’ve helped them.

No what you said is Murphy made a valid point that the other teams could do it. That's absolute nonsense. I pointed out exactly why what Murphy said is nonsense.
    I know who I believe -

Tbf, I saw that MOTD and he didnít say it in that way, he was asked could other teams do it, and he suggested they could based on their players.

No bias against us this week full of praise. You can stop moaning now...
    .well for a week

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    That’s very true, and shouldn’t be overlooked, even though it has been. Their tactics suit us perfectly, and as Klopp mentioned, you know what you’re going to get, but they’re extremely good at it. The knowing what you’re going to get part was definitely to our advantage. On a different level, but that Maribor away match was similar, in that they just kept on playing out from the back, and we just kept scoring. It was suicidal for them to do because they weren’t very good, but it was still a touch of madness from City too, because we’re juat brilliant at preying on it. Not that Pep should or would change because they’ll hammer most teams, but a slight tweak against us might’ve helped them.
    Oh don't get me wrong, we still had to work very hard for our game to come off, but City did us lots of favours. They like to have time on the ball playing out from the back, and we gave them no time by running towards them. If a certain player didn't close down a certain defender and that defender passes it to another player without looking, they are passing the ball that isn't going to reach it's target and by the time it gets to that situation, there is either a mistake or by them that player will have four of ours around them, with that player with no where to go.

It was genius at work from Klopp and his tactics.

Pep, surprised he didn't change his style playing us away from home. Seemed like his plan A tactics were in the palms of our hands.

Be interesting to see who we play, against a parked bus, without Coutinho too.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

That was at the Emptihad, we all know Spurs crumble on the road against the top tier sides (P3 0-0-3 F-1 A-7 this season vs "Big 6" plus a 2-1 loss at Leicester). At home I can see them laying City out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    That was at the Emptihad, we all know Spurs crumble on the road against the top tier sides (P3 0-0-3 F-1 A-7 this season vs "Big 6" plus a 2-1 loss at Leicester). At home I can see them laying City out.
    Spurs will deploy similar tactics as they did at the Etihad. I worry about Spurs at Wembley because the pitch is huge and Spurs play very narrow. City stretch everything, they have the width to do so. Spurs do not have the players to press like we do. Kane isn't mobile enough for a start. He plays centrally and that's it. He cannot play across the line like Firmino does.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, we still had to work very hard for our game to come off, but City did us lots of favours. They like to have time on the ball playing out from the back, and we gave them no time by running towards them. If a certain player didn't close down a certain defender and that defender passes it to another player without looking, they are passing the ball that isn't going to reach it's target and by the time it gets to that situation, there is either a mistake or by them that player will have four of ours around them, with that player with no where to go.

It was genius at work from Klopp and his tactics.

Pep, surprised he didn't change his style playing us away from home. Seemed like his plan A tactics were in the palms of our hands.

Be interesting to see who we play, against a parked bus, without Coutinho too.
    It's nothing new from Klopp and I made this point before that if you play out from the back against a Klopp side, you're in trouble. He sets his teams up to ensure they are unable to breath. He has his forwards on top of them in a flash.

It's not just City either, Take your mind back to the Chelsea game at the bridge in the 16/17 season. Chelsea tried it and from the first whistle Lallana was on top of the centre backs. Liverpool occupied the fullback high up the pitch and they couldn't get out.

Most importantly just like Sunday, Liverpool won all the second balls. That's where the goals came from. The first goal came from a poor clearance and Lovren buried it. The second goal came from a dreadful pass from Cahill and Henderson buried it back in.

It's nothing new from Klopp and I made this point before that if you play out from the back against a Klopp side, you're in trouble. He sets his teams up to ensure they are unable to breath. He has his forwards on top of them in a flash.

It's not just City either, Take your mind back to the Chelsea game at the bridge in the 16/17 season. Chelsea tried it and from the first whistle Lallana was on top of the centre backs. Liverpool occupied the fullback high up the pitch and they couldn't get out.

Most importantly just like Sunday, Liverpool won all the second balls. That's where the goals came from. The first goal came from a poor clearance and Lovren buried it. The second goal came from a dreadful pass from Cahill and Henderson buried it back in.
    Pity we cant be conistent

we are consistent enough to be in the top four 3 points of 2nd. this must mean that everyone bard man city are not consistent!

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    we are consistent enough to be in the top four 3 points of 2nd. this must mean that everyone bard man city are not consistent!
    Good point. Being unbeaten since October 22nd in all competitions is a sign of consistency.

Good point. Being unbeaten since October 22nd in all competitions is a sign of consistency.
    sure is. some people see us when we are absolutely on fire and think we should be near to that level in every game. that would make us better than barca and Bayern! that obviously wont be possible. we cant blow teams away every game. providing we keep doing what we have so far, we should get top four and that's two top fours in two years. that's consistent and a big step forward.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    sure is. some people see us when we are absolutely on fire and think we should be near to that level in every game. that would make us better than barca and Bayern! that obviously wont be possible. we cant blow teams away every game. providing we keep doing what we have so far, we should get top four and that's two top fours in two years. that's consistent and a big step forward.
    Not even remotely possible but wish it was, there was a spell of about 15 minutes in the game when we made City look no better than schoolboys, the crowd was up, the adrenaline flowing and the lads reached a level I bet even they did not know they had, for a spell there we where seconds quicker to everything totally dominating one of the worlds best teams, but that high comes at a price when they come back down, we saw it in goals conceded and a few of the players where spent, Mane especially and of course if you try to play at that level over a period of time it can destroy your season with injuries and players later under performing, thats why Klopp has in part curtailed it.