Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BBC agenda against Liverpool FC?

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Another BBC article on JK today.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41567028
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    ..straight after an England article with a similar question

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    ..straight after an England article with a similar question
    Missed that one. Was it about Southgate?

Missed that one. Was it about Southgate?
    Not specifically, it questioned whether the international side had improved since the 2014 world cup. I don't think it's that much of a coincidence they question lfc's progress similarly soon after.

Not specifically, it questioned whether the international side had improved since the 2014 world cup. I don't think it's that much of a coincidence they question lfc's progress similarly soon after.
    It must be that much for a big deal for the Beeb as they have a link to the same JK video, twice on their football homepage.

They have slightly annoyed me before, when I made the thread 'bbc don't know what they're talking about', which as we know they clearly do, otherwise MOTD wouldn't be so brilliant. It's not always unwelcoming having some tough love articles, just doesn't feel that great when there is potential hidden agendas under some of their plots. I think the bottom line is the bbc can't just please liverpool fans they have to write for all audiences.

It must be that much for a big deal for the Beeb as they have a link to the same JK video, twice on their football homepage.
    its two years since he took up the post, natural to do a piece on him. The Guardian have done one too.

The article or piece isn't bad either

We’ve lost 23 games in 111 under Klopp. Him getting compared to Rodgers who had Gerrard Sterling Sturridge(fully fit) Coutinho and Suarez who is one of the best players on the planet is a joke I’ve seen talksport comparing them as well. Give Klopp Gerrard and Suarez and we’re in a completely different situation. Give him some* time we finished 4th last year, we’ve had a bad start but we are literally like 2 wins away from getting back on track.

They have slightly annoyed me before, when I made the thread 'bbc don't know what they're talking about', which as we know they clearly do, otherwise MOTD wouldn't be so brilliant. It's not always unwelcoming having some tough love articles, just doesn't feel that great when there is potential hidden agendas under some of their plots. I think the bottom line is the bbc can't just please liverpool fans they have to write for all audiences.
    Without digging into every article and seeing whether they open all or only some to comments, I saw the Mane injury got an article (fair enough) but also a comments section

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but I do question the need for opening so many comments
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Without digging into every article and seeing whether they open all or only some to comments, I saw the Mane injury got an article (fair enough) but also a comments section

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but I do question the need for opening so many comments
    agree because at least 60% of people commenting on them will be bias against us.

Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    We’ve lost 23 games in 111 under Klopp. Him getting compared to Rodgers who had Gerrard Sterling Sturridge(fully fit) Coutinho and Suarez who is one of the best players on the planet is a joke I’ve seen talksport comparing them as well. Give Klopp Gerrard and Suarez and we’re in a completely different situation. Give him some* time we finished 4th last year, we’ve had a bad start but we are literally like 2 wins away from getting back on track.
    Agree.The reactions are crazy.Although he has made few mistakes but he has lost only two league games since march...ffs!!

Another article, open to comments (784 so far) Fair to judge a manager not far into his third season this early in.........?!? Then again some on here are as bad, yes Klopp can't live on his history but first season = two cup finals, second season = CL place and whilst we're shaky at the moment might be the absence of Lallana and indeed Mane at times that is hindering us and we're still on for 4th (given it's October, although if it were March we'd hardly be badly off!)

How far back do we have to go for a manager who did one of cup finals and top four in consecutive seasons..........? RAFA. And even then I think it would have been 06/07 and 07/08 so we're talking near a decade. If Klopp finishes top four or reaches a final then that will be three seasons in a row, frankly talk of replacing him even as "doubts creep in" or however some like to pass it off reminds me of Leicester sacking Ranieri after he won them the league the previous season.

And by "reminds me" I don't mean the scenarios are the same, just the lack of appreciation of what we have and what Ranieri did for them led me to be reminded ie does what it says on the tin, when I say someone reminds me of someone else it DOES NOT EQUAL "looks like"

Not BBC related, but when the camera went on Stevie today, the first thing that scumbag Tyler mentioned was his sending off that last time. Then added some token point about how many times he’s been brilliant against Utd.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

MOTD put us on right at the end, in fairness it was 0-0 but surely ought to have been a bit further up the schedule regardless.

Is somewhat stupid and lacking in thought of them to put the games with less goals on last, bet their audience had dwindled to just the fans of the clubs involved whereas putting maybe the Arsenal result and one or two other games with goals on later keeps your audience....

Some may choose not to check results before they watch the programme or the game itself, but it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a game dumped down the order that was billed so highly before, on early, and a big local rivalry couldn't have been great.............

I notice they cut the bit where Klopp said about the style of football they accept at utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    I notice they cut the bit where Klopp said about the style of football they accept at utd.
    Well they didn't cut it out from the BBC website...
    ------------------
    Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says the Anfield club would not be allowed to play like Manchester United after their goalless draw at Anfield on Saturday.

Liverpool dominated for long spells but could not break United down, and Klopp said: "I'm sure if we played like this, you could not do this at Liverpool. Obviously for United it is OK."

I read an article written by Pat Dolan in the Star yesterday and whilst I don't always agree with him, he was right. Liverpool need to back Jurgen Klopp. Yes it may take time and building before he gets it right and gets the players HE WANTS.

I still believe the chasing of Van Dijk will be fruitful. Klopp nor Liverpool have given up the ghost on that one. He was beligerant in his chasing of Naby Keita, and accepted no alternatives. Yes he had to compromise and accept it was next year before he gets him. He is getting him though.

Therefore patience is needed and chopping and changing is pointless.

BBC have this 'story' on their football front page all day. They actually are scum to take this out of context and make it a story.

'I am the charismatic, funny loser' - Klopp

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp describes himself as a "charismatic, funny loser" before Liverpool's match against Maribor in the Champions League on Tuesday."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41654215
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

BBCWorld reporting on the matches in their sports news. i watched this twice during today…

They commented that Spurs had a tremendous game, and that Man City were marvellous. Graphics/pics shown. Blahblahblah.

No mention of Liverpool whatsoever.

You'd rather expect that our scoreline would attract some comment, but zip/nada/zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I read an article written by Pat Dolan in the Star yesterday and whilst I don't always agree with him, he was right. Liverpool need to back Jurgen Klopp. Yes it may take time and building before he gets it right and gets the players HE WANTS.

I still believe the chasing of Van Dijk will be fruitful. Klopp nor Liverpool have given up the ghost on that one. He was beligerant in his chasing of Naby Keita, and accepted no alternatives. Yes he had to compromise and accept it was next year before he gets him. He is getting him though.

Therefore patience is needed and chopping and changing is pointless.
    agree with this but he still should have brought in another centre back this summer when he knew van dijk wasn't going to happen, we need two to go with matip and lovren that would give us good depth and competition for places. Totally agree with you about patience , this is a work in progress and we must let klopp see it through