Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen Klopp - Episode III

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Fans? Nah a couple of trolls. 1 point behind chavski and arsenil and trolls want klopp out.
    Yes but we are 7 points off top......and 7 points off relegation. Out of one cup and struggling in Europe.. ....even though we are in the easiest group
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Fans? Nah a couple of trolls. 1 point behind chavski and arsenil and trolls want klopp out.
    Shows how uneducated some are -
    people want klopp out coz it isn't working

Shankly said something along the lines of - if you deliver for these fans they will worship you.... they are not delivering yet they are worshiped by the blind
    It has gone the other way now.. revered players who think they have arrived

No defensive idea -
    Two years in and his signings haven't dislodged Rodgers
    Karius on the bench - Mignolet still in the team
    Grujic nowhere to be seen - still got Henderson in the team
    Klavan on the bench - still got Lovren
    Moreno disgraced last season ahead of Robertson
    And on and on
    Last edited by Mysteron; 2-10-17 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

Shankly said something along the lines of - if you deliver for these fans they will worship you.... they are not delivering yet they are worshiped by the blind

No defensive idea -
    And on and on
    Spot on. I thought you made signings who were better than what you already have

Just like Rodgers he has backed Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson etc. He has wasted resources on average players that we didn't need. Refused to get rid of players clearly not good enough to be here, and has a ridiculous level of loyalty in certain players that do nothing but prove him wrong. Tactically he is struggling and he is getting that same bewildered look on his face that Rodgers had before he was sacked. He's had four transfer windows and two years to improve us and yet for the most part we are no better a side than the one he took over.

Its time he revisits the things that made him so successful at Dortmund in the earlier years because at the moment he looks like the guy the board couldn't wait to move on because results were so poor and he had wasted so much money.

No proper DM, but sold Lucas...
    Two poor keepers, one of which he bought and he can't decide which terrible keeper he wants to go with
    Best player wants to leave
    Sturridge still here
    Henderson still captain and a starter
    Bought a 3rd choice left back rather than one to replace Moreno
    Lovren still here and bought an even worse version in Klavan
    35m for Chamberlain who has no position and can't pass
    Told us there were no quality CB's in the world to be had with the 50-60m he had for VVD
    Sold anyone with even an ounce of personality/grit

It goes on and on. He looks like he's aged 15 years already. It also looks like he's locked into that death spiral that soon to be unemployed managers go through.

He is proof that quality managers can be a bad fit at the wrong club and are not impervious to the terrible decision making that contributes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    Lazy answer
    Again ..
    Alright then - 4-3-3 isn't working
    we are to wasteful in their third - we have too many players in advance of the ball - neither Firmino nor Sturridge is the focal striker, we can depend on
    we are to thinly spread in our defensive third - also we have no rearguard action to defend the goal like our lives depend on it....
    and we have no command of the middle

Klopp has a copout answer, in that he thinks that it doesn't matter who is where for defending... more effort is needed

in his final season at Dortmund he had them down to 15th by December then up to 8th I can see it happening this season

I don't quite understand why Andy Robertson isn't being played. He is literally the ONLY player we have in our squad who can consistently deliver fast low balls into the opposition box which are a nightmare for the goalie and defence to deal with.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Monument Mark View Post
    I don't quite understand why Andy Robertson isn't being played. He is literally the ONLY player we have in our squad who can consistently deliver fast low balls into the opposition box which are a nightmare for the goalie and defence to deal with.
    And who is in the box to get on the end of them? And when they do get the ball, they still don't want to shoot.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

There definitely seems to be something wrong with JK and his tactics. I can't see any footprints of the man who lives and breathes Football. Even that very first game against Watford, Marco Silva looked to be the better manager with a highly organised team with a clear plan in place.

I honestly don't see anything from us where I think 'wow, the Manager's done well here, this is clearly Klopp's doing'. From the way we play to the subs being made. He obviously knows a lot about his job but there's no sign of it at the mo

For the first time i'm beginning to really question JK.

I was a huge fan before he came and had to pinch myself when it actually happened. The honeymoon period was amazing.

But the honeymoon is over now, the clouds have gathered and I've taken my rose tinted specs off...... And I now see a manager with absolutely zero tactical awareness and knowledge. We play exactly the same way whether the opposition are Burnley or Barcelona and when it doesn't work, you can physically see it on the pitch, the players just don't know what to do, and they're given absolutely no direction from the bench.

Let me make this clear.... I'm not a Klopp basher, i'm not one of those who was just waiting for it to go wrong so I could come out of the woodwork. I was a huge fan.... but I'm beginning to see what's going on now, he's just not very good, it's that simple.

I'd stretch as far as to say most managers in the Premier League are better tactically than he is. It's why they're all finding it so easy to get something from us when they play us. It's not hard to prepare when you the team you're up against is going to play IN THE EXACT SAME WAY they always do.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us winning a thing with Jurgen Klopp in charge, I don't even see us challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    There definitely seems to be something wrong with JK and his tactics. I can't see any footprints of the man who lives and breathes Football. Even that very first game against Watford, Marco Silva looked to be the better manager with a highly organised team with a clear plan in place.

I honestly don't see anything from us where I think 'wow, the Manager's done well here, this is clearly Klopp's doing'. From the way we play to the subs being made. He obviously knows a lot about his job but there's no sign of it at the mo
    It's not just him though it's his two trusted sidekicks too. Are all three just sitting there picking their nose with no clue
    Farewell my lovers.

Not exactly seeing a tactical master class are we?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    It's not just him though it's his two trusted sidekicks too. Are all three just sitting there picking their nose with no clue
    I really wanna knows what's up. They clearly know Football (anyone saying otherwise is being silly) but there just aren't any signs of 'tactics' at work here.

Yesterday, Gomez and Wiji were struggling to make any impact on the game yet Kloppo changes the whole front 3? What was that about? (I know the simplistic answer here but that's way too amateur).

Speak for yourself

So Matip, Mane and Salah aren't in the side and as influential as anyone else in the line up....? Add to that Wijnaldum and Robertson as decent signings who play a fair amount or more

Klopp also cleared out a lot of Rodders' rubbish (good name for two of his three teams/seasons here)

LFC may at times appear a toilet in footballing talent terms, but it can take a while to flush. And maybe he's no egotist, if someone is available that someone else signed and can do a better job then why include someone else in their stead...!?!?!

Criticise his signings properly or not at all :

Manninger (stop gap, not meant to be long term)
    Karius
    Klavan
    Wijnaldum
    Mane
    Matip
    Salah
    Solanke
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Robertson

Oh and for those saying he hasn't addressed defence, note that there's two CBs, a goalkeeper and a LB among the longer term signings, maybe not the very best signings but hardly ignoring defence just maybe not what all the armchair managers out there would do on FM.....
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Spot on. I thought you made signings who were better than what you already have
    Like your hero rodders did.......?

Borini
    Allen
    Alberto
    Aspas
    Mignolet
    Ilori
    Lambert
    Origi
    Ings
    Moreno
    Balotelli
    Markovic
    Bogdan
    Benteke

The saddest part is that Mignolet and Moreno have dug in like tactically astute fleas on a mangy dog.
    People will believe what they want to believe

The difference with this season and the rodgers final season is that we look like we can almost click.

In Rogers final year, it looked pretty grim. and I'm a rodgers fan. I think he will have a very good career and is doing wonders at Celtic.

It's clear we have this way of playing that does not seem far off from working. The vision is there, the squad is pretty good, plenty of promise.

Klopp still needs to buy a new keeper or try one of ward of Karius long term. He still needs another CB and we have keita coming in for the middle.

So there is progress but at the moment seems we have taken a step back but the ingredients are there for the step forward.

For those writing off the season at this stage need to book an appointment with their GP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Speak for yourself

So Matip, Mane and Salah aren't in the side and as influential as anyone else in the line up....? Add to that Wijnaldum and Robertson as decent signings who play a fair amount or more

Klopp also cleared out a lot of Rodders' rubbish (good name for two of his three teams/seasons here)

LFC may at times appear a toilet in footballing talent terms, but it can take a while to flush. And maybe he's no egotist, if someone is available that someone else signed and can do a better job then why include someone else in their stead...!?!?!

Criticise his signings properly or not at all :

Manninger (stop gap, not meant to be long term)
    Karius
    Klavan
    Wijnaldum
    Mane
    Matip
    Salah
    Solanke
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Robertson

Oh and for those saying he hasn't addressed defence, note that there's two CBs, a goalkeeper and a LB among the longer term signings, maybe not the very best signings but hardly ignoring defence just maybe not what all the armchair managers out there would do on FM.....
    The proof is in the pudding - you have shown a complete lack of knowledge with this

No defensive idea -
    And on and on

this

I have patience for Klopp, in under 2 years he has taken us to 2 cup finals and brought us back into the top four and champions league. You would have to say that he has been quite successful so far in terms of reaching the clubs initial targets. One of his biggest weaknesses is he seems to have such blind faith in his players, but I do feel that faith is starting to wear a bit thin. As much as he cares about his players, he also cares about us fans so make no mistake, he is seething with rage at the players just as much as we are. We all know he could have improved the team in the transfer window but for some reason that just did not happen and I do believe he underestimated our need for reinforcements especially in the defensive department. The fact we actually managed to finish in the top four might have somewhat clouded his judgement a bit. No manager throughout history ever goes without having a few bad patches and we are useless fans if we all jump on his back at the first sight of a crisis. The reality is we are underperforming, but we are not getting hammered 6-1 by teams like Stoke and the top four spots are still within range. Klopp's teams throughout history hit their peak form after a couple of years so do not expect to see our best football right now, hence he is patient enough to wait one more year for Naby Keita. That my friends, is the reality of Klopp's management style. Whereas people like Jose or Pep walk into clubs whip out the chequeboook and go on a wild shopping spree, Klopp is different, but ALWAYS IN THE END, he creates a brilliant team with free flowing attacking football that gets results. The real question is are you patient enough to wait until he can create the team he wants? Or do you want a quick fix manager with short term goals? Me I have faith in Klopp and you can tell all the players hold him in high regard. He will make it come good in the end of that I have no doubt but people need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    The difference with this season and the rodgers final season is that we look like we can almost click.

In Rogers final year, it looked pretty grim. and I'm a rodgers fan. I think he will have a very good career and is doing wonders at Celtic.

It's clear we have this way of playing that does not seem far off from working. The vision is there, the squad is pretty good, plenty of promise.

Klopp still needs to buy a new keeper or try one of ward of Karius long term. He still needs another CB and we have keita coming in for the middle.

So there is progress but at the moment seems we have taken a step back but the ingredients are there for the step forward.

For those writing off the season at this stage need to book an appointment with their GP.
    Nice to hear something good about Rodgers. Sometimes I feel we don't give him enough credit. Im a neutral and we need to appreciate what he did here.

All managers make mistakes and klopp is making his share of mistakes. We will need to see how soon klopp will recover from these mistakes.

No defensive idea -
    And on and on
    Sorry. I have to pull you up on that, despite it not being very relevant to your actual point.

That has to be one of the worse contexts I've seen for a quote, ever. Like. Ever.

It' s a bit like Biff from Back to the Future who used to get quotes wrong - 'Make like a tree, and get outta here'.

Please try harder.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Yes but we are 7 points off top......and 7 points off relegation. Out of one cup and struggling in Europe.. ....even though we are in the easiest group
    Some trolls didn't want br sacked and still can't accept it, are constantly waiting to moan about klopp and all players bar one.

Some trolls didn't want br sacked and still can't accept it, are constantly waiting to moan about klopp and all players bar one.
    It was the same when Rafa left. Fans were waiting for Rodgers to have tough time and now it's klopps time I guess we all have our fav managers and when the going gets tough we all come out and say told you so..

No defensive idea -
    And on and on
    Ron talking about uneducated lol. Google supporter then Google critic.. what did Shankly say about supporters when we lose or draw.

Ron talking about uneducated lol. Google supporter then Google critic.. what did Shankly say about supporters when we lose or draw.
    The Shankly quote that there's no evidence of him actually saying it?
    Farewell my lovers.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    My problem with Klopp is he hasn't created the strong foundations needed for this side, if a manager came and he needed to create strong base its this one. The way Klopp is thinking you would think he took over at Spurs. We absolutely have the ****tiest defenders we have ever had but he refuses to transform into something much more stronger, he is a great believer in second rate defenders, wonderful theory.

In the closing days of the summer transfer window, FSG make 40 million available, so and what does he do? buys a winger, dear me man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    The Shankly quote that there's no evidence of him actually saying it?
    People still use that, Mouldi more than most

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    My problem with Klopp is he hasn't created the strong foundations needed for this side, if a manager came and he needed to create strong base its this one. The way Klopp is thinking you would think he took over at Spurs. We absolutely have the ****tiest defenders we have ever had but he refuses to transform into something much more stronger, he is a great believer in second rate defenders, wonderful theory.

In the closing days of the summer transfer window, FSG make 40 million available, so and what does he do? buys a winger, dear me man.
    Our defenders were great at the clubs we brought them from

Some of our crap defenders have gone on to be great elsewhere

The problem is what we are asking of them - it destroys them

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    People still use that, Mouldi more than most
    It's nonsense isn't it. It's like you can't question or criticise without some plum pulling out that made up quote.
    Farewell my lovers.

I am only uneducated coz I ain't in your clique - no yes sir - I know who is wrong and it ain't me... like I said before about your clique, they love picking on the messenger not the message
    Last edited by Mysteron; 2-10-17 at 15:32.