Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen Klopp - Episode III

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I see Hoffenheim are third in the Bundesliga, including a 2-0 win against Bayern.

We beat them over two legs with relative ease too.
    Did Mane perchance play in those games and not for more than a half in any of the run of games we've been struggling in............?

Helps to put away chances, as much focus as there is on our defence the 87 shots to bring 3 goals stat is strong evidence some people are looking at the wrong end of the pitch.

I wouldn't call Salah or Firmino "clinical", the Ox at times more comical (midweek), and some might consider Sturridge one step away from clinic-bound......

Stick with a solid defence and don't keep changing it, put Karius or Ward in goal and give them until New Year or longer, and pick the best attackers available rather than taking punts or rotating. And don't take off a player whose the pick of the players on show so early, had he played all games this season fair enough but he's missed most. Sure it may have been precautionary not to get him injured further, but either the point is to win games and progress or it's to play silly beggars.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Did Mane perchance play in those games and not for more than a half in any of the run of games we've been struggling in............?

Helps to put away chances, as much focus as there is on our defence the 87 shots to bring 3 goals stat is strong evidence some people are looking at the wrong end of the pitch.

I wouldn't call Salah or Firmino "clinical"
    , the Ox at times more comical (midweek), and some might consider Sturridge one step away from clinic-bound......

Stick with a solid defence and don't keep changing it, put Karius or Ward in goal and give them until New Year or longer, and pick the best attackers available rather than taking punts or rotating. And don't take off a player whose the pick of the players on show so early, had he played all games this season fair enough but he's missed most. Sure it may have been precautionary not to get him injured further, but either the point is to win games and progress or it's to play silly beggars.
    Well you might not, and they have missed good chances granted, although I think both are well capable of banging in 20+ goals in all comps this season (their highest scoring seasons respectively are 19 and 22 goals in all comps which is hardly shabby).

And Salah has 3 goals in 5 league apps and 2 goals in 3 CL apps this season (5 in 8 overall), and Firmino 2 goals in 4 league apps and 2 goals in 3 CL apps this season (4 in 7 overall), which are far from terrible numbers. If they keep up their current scoring rate they'll be well on for the aforementioned milestone this season. And Sturridge fit and firing is most definitely 'clinical' in my book. Then we have Coutinho back in the side and obviously Mane soon enough, I don't think we'll struggle for goals for long tbh.

This Matic/Pogba/Kante player we're crying out for, did Klopp ever have that at any of his previous clubs?

Was Gundogon that?

In his championship years at Dortmund, his team shipped around 25 goals for each of those seasons, so Klopp knows about defending.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post

I wouldn't call Salah or Firmino "clinical", the Ox at times more comical (midweek), and some might consider Sturridge one step away from clinic-bound......

So only play 11 players in 50 game season then is that what you're saying

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    This Matic/Pogba/Kante player we're crying out for, did Klopp ever have that at any of his previous clubs?

Was Gundogon that?
    He played 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3

4-3-3 He had Bender or Kehi as Matic sitting defensive midfielder

4-2-3-1 He had Sahin deep playmaker Gundogon the link between midfield and attack

In fifth place after 6 games, 5 points off the top, and 2 points off third.

I'm really loving what a total catastrophe looks like since Klopp arrived!

'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

And make no mistake this was a must win game, especially with everyone else winning, and far from an easy one on paper, the pressure was really on and we came through and got the all important 3 points. I'll happily take the cup loss midweek and the win today rather than the other way around.

Now we have Coutinho back and looking like he never left, Mane back from his suspension, Sturridge looking sharp, but yeh, let's just slate everyone and everything and pretend it's all doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    And make no mistake this was a must win game, especially with everyone else winning, and far from an easy one on paper, the pressure was really on and we came through and got the all important 3 points. I'll happily take the cup loss midweek and the win today rather than the other way around.

Now we have Coutinho back and looking like he never left, Mane back from his suspension, Sturridge looking sharp, but yeh, let's just slate everyone and everything and pretend it's all doom and gloom.
    Man, that was a must win game if ever there was one. I posted in the match thread that it was the biggest win in recent years, and I honestly mean it.

Coutinho's goal? **** me was that sublime, such genius, and you could almost know he was scoring it too, it just had that feel about it.

Mané coming back in now, a good CL result during the week, and any sort of win against Newcastle, and we're looking like a very different prospect.

The Utd game to follow is just too much to even think about.

Man, that was a must win game if ever there was one. I posted in the match thread that it was the biggest win in recent years, and I honestly mean it.

Coutinho's goal? **** me was that sublime, such genius, and you could almost know he was scoring it too, it just had that feel about it.

Mané coming back in now, a good CL result during the week, and any sort of win against Newcastle, and we're looking like a very different prospect.

The Utd game to follow is just too much to even think about.
    Yeh I thought as soon as he placed the ball down this one was going in the back of the net.

Yeh I thought as soon as he placed the ball down this one was going in the back of the net.
    Yep, I could already see it, beautiful stuff.

it was one of those Michelangelo moments, the sculpture was already there.

Deep thoughts after a few pints at this stage, but I think you catch my drift...

Yep, I could already see it, beautiful stuff.

it was one of those Michelangelo moments, the sculpture was already there.

Deep thoughts after a few pints at this stage, but I think you catch my drift...
    The cross for Salah was right out of the top drawer too. So much for him never playing in a red shirt again.

Said all summer this would be how it'd turn out, just a shame we couldn't organise that 100 quid bet I had with redfoot - him being adamant he'd never play for us again.

The cross for Salah was right out of the top drawer too. So much for him never playing in a red shirt again.

Said all summer this would be how it'd turn out, just a shame we couldn't organise that 100 quid bet I had with redfoot - him being adamant he'd never play for us again.
    It was lovely, and a hell of a header too. Salah scores some headers, in fairness!

Re: redfoot, I wouldn't worry about that poor lad, he changes his opinions daily to maintain his hatred for the club, he'd have no doubt reneged on any bet you'd have made with him.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular

Don't get people that are not happy with the win today. But I won't worry about that!

Yep, we won! Get on Jurgen!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

I don't think redfoot will play for us again either, I'll have some of that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Don't get people that are not happy with the win today. But I won't worry about that!

Yep, we won! Get on Jurgen!
    It's funny that most of the most frequent posters this week are nowhere to be seen this evening.

Has BH made an appearance, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    I don't think redfoot will play for us again either, I'll have some of that bet.
    Yeh not after the last time, he had a right shocker.

It's funny that most of the most frequent posters this week are nowhere to be seen this evening.

Oh they will be on tomorrow telling us all how terrible that win was and how lucky we were and how it's all going to come crashing down any day now yada yada don't worry.

I can live with the midweek cup loss as well - I'd rather focus on the PL and CL.

But let's not overlook our issues at the back simply because we barely held off Leicester today. It's both frustrating and scary how poor our defending is.

I think BH is trying to fight his way out of the DM paper bag mate....or lost in space....or shocked we won?

Oh they will be on tomorrow telling us all how terrible that win was and how lucky we were and how it's all going to come crashing down any day now yada yada don't worry.
    Armchair managers stuff in it's finest.
    Last edited by MacFoley'1975; 24-9-17 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    I think BH is trying to fight his way out of the DM paper bag mate....or lost in space....or shocked we won?
    I think he's probably on his phone at the moment, so doesn't actually exist currently.

I think he's probably on his phone at the moment, so doesn't actually exist currently.

Salah misses a sitter, scores with a difficult header.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Salah misses a sitter, scores with a difficult header.
    Brilliant player, just needs to find some more consistency in his finishing, but that will come.Great signing no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Brilliant player, just needs to find some more consistency in his finishing, but that will come.Great signing no doubt about that.
    Indeed. Already doubled his worth, 70 million quid player under Klopp.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Indeed. Already doubled his worth, 70 million quid player under Klopp.
    He is good, and not a criticism but he is not as fast as many made out before he came, he was made out by some to be like some sort of super charged whippet on speed but I reckon Mane would leave him in his wake.

I am much more worried about the goal against, at the current rate, we could end up with 60/70 goals against. Premier record in the making.

It was a vital three points, klopp and the players need to keep focusing on creating their own hype.

I can see what laura says about our lack of confidence in defence making our attacking play nervous. In the second half liverpool created 2 scoring opportunities, other than sturridge trying to put Mo Salah through on goal. sure leicester tried to be more direct but liverpool struggled to get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    He is good, and not a criticism but he is not as fast as many made out before he came, he was made out by some to be like some sort of super charged whippet on speed but I reckon Mane would leave him in his wake.
    He is very quick, although sometimes he runs or dribbles fast enough just to beat the defender but I always feel he could go up a gear if needed.