Notices
Closed Thread
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 2,941 to 2,949 of 2949

Thread: Jurgen Klopp - Episode III

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    The bank problems were common knowledge. Benitez had nothing whatsoever to do with saving the club, nothing at all. FSG saved the club from administration, although some on here won't admit it. Sorry mate, you are dead wrong.
    Well you might say it's common knowledge

There was squat diddly do Liverpool official web page paid and unpaid forum

There is more information from Independent websites and red white and Kop
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Mate, I was part of a group trying to get fan ownership to buy the club! I'm fully aware of what happened.

Rafa had ZERO influence on our buying and selling. He did nothing at all. He went to the media and moaned a bit about the owners. That makes zero difference. It has nothing at all to do with the banks and their assessment on how big the loan was getting. Rafa wanted more money to spend on players. That alone was dangerous as we were in the red!

Once again, rafa had nothing at all to do with the club being saved. Zero. Laughable you think so.
    1) why didn't you say that you were part of the group from red and white Kop from the beginning

2) you said that Rafa Benitez mention nothing about the ownership but then turn around and say he did say something to the media

Make your mind up did he or didn't he speak about ownership

I agree.

Also people are cutting their noses to spite their face. They do not enjoy football at all unless the team wins a trophy. The whole build up or anything towards something is considered useless.

The Europe league run to the final for me was amazing. Loved it. Same as the season we finished second. The last few years have given us many memorable moments but for many stuck in the 80s, this is just a complete waste of time and failure!

Our 'success' has changed now. Like last season getting fourth was a success but for many it's nothing as it resulted in no PL title. Yes fourth in the 80s was a failure, but this isn't our time as the top dog anymore. Some can't accept that.

We all have dreams to win the title and cl. To be better and better. 6 clubs in the PL are now dreaming of this.
    Liverpool's bar used to be every season to win the league league cup FA Cup European trophy

Fans have lowered the bar , happy to maybe get the Champions League place and decent run in a cup competition

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Henry left in 2007 and was a lot less of a player in his last year. Viera left in 2005! None were on Gerrard levels at that time anyway as both had passed their peak.

Rafa had Gerrard at his absolute peak unlike houllier. Houllier had owen who bailed him out many times. Yes rafa has the right to inherit players but take say coutinho out of this side and give us the 25 year old Gerrard and we would go up two levels. Gerrard was more than just a worldy, he was a proper leader. He does half the job for the manager. Carragher was also an immense leader.

Ferguson had a quality side yes and so did Chelsea, so he had two superpowers to compete with. Arsenal were struggling to spend.

But now there is also man city on the scene. United are here spending 80-90m on players like pogba and lukaku. And Chelsea are still very strong. Add spurs who have been experimenting for 15 years or so with buying tons of young players and changing managers only to fail and suddenly have found a winning formula. And arsenal now also have money as the stadium burden has gone hence why they have spent big on Dhaka, mustafa, lacazette.

I don't want to belittle rafa but when using him as apparently achieving so much more than klopp it's silly. Give klopp 6 years (in a harder era) and let's see what he does. His first full season was a success. This season is only 10 games old.
    Put Gerrard in this Liverpool team and we would still struggle, since Rafa we are still unable to build a strong spine, Klopp is trying, but its obviously in stages, and Rafa's instructions, tactics, training methods improved Stevie in a big way, if Houllier stayed on for another 3 years say I don't think he would have been the same player.

You know I am really happy to have Klopp here, I don't want Rafa back right now, Klopp has to see out his contract, all of this agenda VS manager crap started with Rodgers who I couldn't stand from start to finish.

Rafa and Klopp get on well together and he speaks very highly of Jurgen, both top class managers, he never said a single word about Rodgers, which is telling.
    Last edited by +Shriekback+; 3-11-17 at 16:23.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Who wants to start 'Jurgen Klopp - Episode IV' then?

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    Put Gerrard in this Liverpool team and we would still struggle, since Rafa are still unable to build a strong spine, Klopp is trying, but its obviously in stages, and Rafa's instructions, tactics, training methods improved Stevie in a big way, if Houllier stayed on for another 3 years say I don't think he would have been the same player.

You know I am really happy to have Klopp here, I don't want Rafa back right now, Klopp has to see out his contract, all of this agenda VS manager crap started with Rodgers who I couldn't stand from start to finish.

Rafa and Klopp get on well together and he speaks very highly of Jurgen, both top class managers, he never said a single word about Rodgers, which is telling.
    Did read Rafa Benitez never built a strong spine ?

Was asleep the whole time he was here

Reina

Agger

Alonso

Mascherano

Torres

Then add Alves Vidic Simao Silva all close to signing but financial problems stop them joining

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Did read Rafa Benitez never built a strong spine ?

Was asleep the whole time he was here

Reina

Agger

Alonso

Mascherano

Torres

Then add Alves Vidic Simao Silva all close to signing but financial problems stop them joining
    Sorry I meant to say since Rafa we are still unable to built a strong spine Rafa created an excellent spine very quickly.

Klopp is trying though, hopefully Karius will come good, we have signed Keita and hopefully Van Dijk which is proving to be very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Who wants to start 'Jurgen Klopp - Episode IV' then?
    Just did one. Took ages.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Just did one. Took ages.
    A lot of thought went into it, I can tell.

New thread open