Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 1131

Thread: Jurgen Klopp - Episode III

  1. #721  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8,759
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I can take or leave the owners, not bothered either way. I don't have a major beef with them and I'm not overly keen on having some billionaire Arab/Russian playboy coming in either, and they could certainly be worse as we well know. I think people should be careful what they wish for. And I certainly don't want the manager sacked. If redfoot had his way he'd sack the managers, the players, change the owners and 'do a Man City' I suspect.
    Not such a bad idea, they’re on track to being a self-sufficient established Football Club.

    We have a massive advantage over them in the ‘established’ department and could become global leaders in football with some solid Gold behind us.

    *i’m happy With the current owners btw just dreaming is all
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #722  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8,759
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Inappropriate, sorry.
    but funny, Hahahaaa
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #723  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    but funny, Hahahaaa
    Yes, but I'd quite forgotten the 'Family Forum' aspect.


    Silly goose, me.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #724  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,103
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Coming from the guy who wants the manager sacked and the owners to sell up.
    Your comment showed complete ignorance of what I said. Besides you don't care about owners, and we know you are a staunch Klopp supporter.

    I have never said Klopp should be sacked now, and yes I want other owners but they have to be the right ones. I don't believe Klopp will win either the League or the CL regardless.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #725  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,643
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Your comment showed complete ignorance of what I said. Besides you don't care about owners, and we know you are a staunch Klopp supporter.

    I have never said Klopp should be sacked now, and yes I want other owners but they have to be the right ones. I don't believe Klopp will win either the League or the CL regardless.
    Despite my moniker I'm not blind to his failings, and obviously there's plenty of room for improvement, but honestly you'd have to be a complete moron to be calling for his head at this point. But if you don't believe he will win the league/CL no matter the owners then why would you not want him sacked now then? He's surely a lost cause in your book?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #726  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,103
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Despite my moniker I'm not blind to his failings, and obviously there's plenty of room for improvement, but honestly you'd have to be a complete moron to be calling for his head at this point. But if you don't believe he will win the league/CL no matter the owners then why would you not want him sacked now then? He's surely a lost cause in your book?
    Fair comment. Too destructive to sack him now. Just because I think he can't do it doesn't mean it's not possible anything is, I just believe it's not probable.

    Besides who would do better with the same players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #727  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Fair comment. Too destructive to sack him now. Just because I think he can't do it doesn't mean it's not possible anything is, I just believe it's not probable.

    Besides who would do better with the same players.
    According to you, pep.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #728  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,350
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    According to you, pep.
    Think Redfoot said Man City not Pep -
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #729  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Think Redfoot said Man City not Pep -
    ''Pep Guardiola is not Klopp, he has a record better almost than anyone, let alone Klopp'' according to redfoot. I would take that as him saying pep is better.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #730  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Your comment showed complete ignorance of what I said. Besides you don't care about owners, and we know you are a staunch Klopp supporter.

    I have never said Klopp should be sacked now, and yes I want other owners but they have to be the right ones. I don't believe Klopp will win either the League or the CL regardless.
    What the hell does that mean?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #731  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    10,643
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    What the hell does that mean?
    Arab billionaire.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #732  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Arab billionaire.
    Pretty much what I thought.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #733  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    Pretty much what I thought.
    Vision, holistic, synergy.....money.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #734  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,103
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Arab billionaire.
    Sorry, wrong guess again, Hell you guys are so narrow minded.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #735  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,103
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    ''Pep Guardiola is not Klopp, he has a record better almost than anyone, let alone Klopp'' according to redfoot. I would take that as him saying pep is better.
    Bullseye. You are right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #736  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,103
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    What the hell does that mean?
    It means what it says, the right kind of owners.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #737  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,103
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    According to you, pep.
    Show me where I ever said that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #738  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,710
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Bullseye. You are right.
    Peps a great manager...of clubs with squads of world class players and money to buy more.

    If he came here, he'd struggle...because we have neither of those things.

    You can guarantee the same people who are complaining about Klopp would be giving Pep stick if he didn't perform miracles in his second season.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #739  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    It means what it says, the right kind of owners.
    So what does that mean? How can u know if you have the right kind of owners? In fact, what are the credentials you seek in the "right kind of owners"?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #740  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Peps a great manager...of clubs with squads of world class players and money to buy more.

    If he came here, he'd struggle...because we have neither of those things.

    You can guarantee the same people who are complaining about Klopp would be giving Pep stick if he didn't perform miracles in his second season.
    Pep is a great manager, and like most of the top managers people love, they all need and do the same as Pep - work with, bring in etc.. very good, and usually highly skilled players.

    Lets not pretend Pep is the only one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #741  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,710
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    Pep is a great manager, and like most of the top managers people love, they all need and do the same as Pep - work with, bring in etc.. very good, and usually highly skilled players.

    Lets not pretend Pep is the only one.
    Who is pretending?

    There are many managers with big reputations built on inheriting and buying top players.

    The vast majority of which would struggle with our squad and budget.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #742  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,216
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Who is pretending?

    There are many managers with big reputations built on inheriting and buying top players.

    The vast majority of which would struggle with our squad and budget.
    Klopp and simeone are two rare overachieving managers.
    But as seen with managers who inherited peps, mourinhos, red noses teams.
    Not everyone can manage top players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #743  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Klopp and simeone are two rare overachieving managers.
    But as seen with managers who inherited peps, mourinhos, red noses teams.
    Not everyone can manage top players.
    Of course, it's horses for courses.

    Out of the managers we could get, with the budget available and a squad who have no experience of winning anything, Klopp is as good as it gets.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #744  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    895
    Its very tempting to be a manager of a big club with lots of money to spend. The only thing that separates Klopp from Pep and Mourinho is that Klopp isn't as ruthless. The other two have grown in stature so much throughout their careers they could sack people above them if they wished. Klopp's more down to earth and will give players time and work within his means, but imagine if we'd have got Mourinho or Pep - the LFC board would probably have to employ an army of legal advisers to stop them sacking people left, right and centre, or else Mourinho and Pep would be huffing until we'd have to sack them and pay them off.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #745  
    raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,977
    Mr Klopp is the man to lead us forward a quality CB would massively help
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #746  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Show me where I ever said that.
    So would pep be better for us? Or who would be better than klopp for us?

    Talk straight. Not in politician style riddles.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #747  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,660
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Who is pretending?

    There are many managers with big reputations built on inheriting and buying top players.

    The vast majority of which would struggle with our squad and budget.
    It sounded to me like somehow Pep isn't or shouldn't be highly regarded because he needs top players to perform what he wants.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #748  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8,759
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Peps a great manager...of clubs with squads of world class players and money to buy more.

    If he came here, he'd struggle...because we have neither of those things.

    You can guarantee the same people who are complaining about Klopp would be giving Pep stick if he didn't perform miracles in his second season.
    We don’t know that. He might be able to get the players he wants within our budget. We just don’t know what Pep would do and, most likely, will never get to find out.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #749  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    We don’t know that. He might be able to get the players he wants within our budget. We just don’t know what Pep would do and, most likely, will never get to find out.
    Pep and Maureen have shown that they are managers that will only manage where there is money. Or pretty much for now that's what they have shown other than Maureen's year at Porto.

    Since then, if they went to a club that was an outsider like a Liverpool, spurs or an arsenal, then we can talk about them.

    I don't think they will ever manage a club like that unless that club was winning the league regular already.

    I see Maureen taking on an international job before maybe doing Munich and that's him done.

    Pep still has Italy to do and will walk in to the Spain job should he want it and possibly even return to barca at some point.

    Klopp could have walked in to any job too. The fact that he came here shows he is different to them type of managers. Something I am proud of in him. Up for a challenge.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #750  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,707
    ...
    .
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 13-10-17 at 09:28. Reason: using a club legend to provoke other users...have a week off
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •