Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit...Deal or No Deal?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Dont we idolise footballers? That's why we are on this forum. Makes me laugh when people wearing a coutinho shirt think it's wrong to believe what a so called rich politician says
    You must be able to differentiate between a sports person and a politician...surely?

I'm sure everyone else can.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    You must be able to differentiate between a sports person and a politician...surely?

I'm sure everyone else can.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Mad how so many of the average working class idolise an upper class twerp on the back of a pint and a few cigarettes.
    The trouble is that there are a group of people who have been trying to raise particular issues but the traditional parties were not listening or hearing the complaints but pressing on regardless. They will also see other niche parties who understands their frustrations, extol policies the group believes will remedy their issues and act as the opposition to the mainstream.

So each member will have to decide between supporting the party they usually do or supporting the niche party even if there are policies the individuals do not agree with. Because they are in broad alignment with their primary concern they will support whoever is raising that issue.

This is why Farage got the support.

Politicians usually tell the truth.....unlike footballers

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    That's your problem right there...
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    That's your problem right there...
    No problem at all when footballers rarely tell the truth.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Bless.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Bless.
    Got to be wumming as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Got to be wumming as usual.
    No, I think he believes it, it's the only way to explain his hard Brexit nonsense

So you believe that Corbyn et al, say what they truly think. And May and Farage. Interesting.

No. I was replying to mrdilkington who yet again chooses to play the race card and dismiss somebody just because they are rich.
    I was merely pointing out that he is a football fan who idolises multi millionaires and they lie too

No. I was replying to mrdilkington who yet again chooses to play the race card and dismiss somebody just because they are rich.
    I was merely pointing out that he is a football fan who idolises multi millionaires and they lie too
    To be fair mate, theres a huge gulf in difference between footballers lying and politicians lying mainly because politicians are supposed to be there looking after the publics best interests and lying subverts that trust. A footballer lying has about the same impact as me lying to you, zero.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Ex Labour voter......in fact many current Labour voters support brexit
    If the majority of the population a lot of whom are the least intelligent out of the whole population are being fed news stories which blame immigrants or foreigners for all our ills then you are going to get a vote like last June. It is so bizzare you couldnt make it up as what Farage and co are saying is poor working class people are to blame yet he masks it by blaming the so called "liberal elite". Its truly incredulous when Farage has a go at Goldman Sachs when all his policies and that of UKip favour the rich elite. He's like Trump, appearing to side with the working class whilst stabbing them in the back. But of course he wouldnt be where he is without the support of 75% of the press. Take that away and Farage would be a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Luises-Finger View Post
    So you believe that Corbyn et al, say what they truly think. And May and Farage. Interesting.
    dont get me started on Corbyn. A man who year after year voted against the lab leadership and criticised them for not having votes at conference, yet when he is leader denies his party a vote on Brexit because...it will embarass him. Give me strength. Corbyn: "We will support Brexit as long as we dont tell our constituents it will screw up their jobs and children's futures".

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    dont get me started on Corbyn. A man who year after year voted against the lab leadership and criticised them for not having votes at conference, yet when he is leader denies his party a vote on Brexit because...it will embarass him. Give me strength. Corbyn: "We will support Brexit as long as we dont tell our constituents it will screw up their jobs and children's futures".
    I always thought that being in charge during Brexit would be a poisoned chalice for whoever was in charge. That kinda of quote or summation (not sure which is was) is classic "give them enough rope to hang themselves" whilst Labour and other parties can "hide" behind the "respecting the democratic vote" mantra. It, again, doesn't look after the best interests of the people in this country. If there an issue with the mechanics of an actual Brexit in that it threatens the livelihood of the people I want people to say it and fight for a better option and not just hold their hands up saying "nothing to do with us". Worst thing that can happen is that we just let the Tories burn the people who can do without being **** on further in the hope it makes them unelectable for the immediate future.

Of course, all that assuming that Brexit is the dumpster fire some of us expect it will be.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    If the majority of the population a lot of whom are the least intelligent out of the whole population are being fed news stories which blame immigrants or foreigners for all our ills then you are going to get a vote like last June. It is so bizzare you couldnt make it up as what Farage and co are saying is poor working class people are to blame yet he masks it by blaming the so called "liberal elite". Its truly incredulous when Farage has a go at Goldman Sachs when all his policies and that of UKip favour the rich elite. He's like Trump, appearing to side with the working class whilst stabbing them in the back. But of course he wouldnt be where he is without the support of 75% of the press. Take that away and Farage would be a nobody.
    So now you're saying everyone who reads papers are thick.
    Dont you realise corbyn won his votes with lies and media hype.....including internet based propaganda?

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    So now you're saying everyone who reads papers are thick.
    Dont you realise corbyn won his votes with lies and media hype.....including internet based propaganda?
    In a tactic called; Brexit them.

I think you'll find though "lies and media hype" was exactly the thing Corbyn had to fight against, but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    In a tactic called; Brexit them.

I think you'll find though "lies and media hype" was exactly the thing Corbyn had to fight against, but hey ho.
    Maybe on the main stream. However, what was evident was the support from the non-mainstream was centre-left to left. Whilst partly due to the right not realising that they need to create a platform for getting their message to outside their core vote in this time of information being accessed from traditional news sources is reducing.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    Maybe on the main stream. However, what was evident was the support from the non-mainstream was centre-left to left. Whilst partly due to the right not realising that they need to create a platform for getting their message to outside their core vote in this time of information being accessed from traditional news sources is reducing.
    Translates as:- Many people have woken up to the bias shown by MSM and have started to fact check for themselves. Nothing the right can do can counter balance this as the facts don't reflect too well on them.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Translates as:- Many people have woken up to the bias shown by MSM and have started to fact check for themselves. Nothing the right can do can counter balance this as the facts don't reflect too well on them.
    Not, necessarily so as if the fact checking is prone to confirmation bias then two things will happen.

1. statements/presumptions/ascertains that do not turn into reality or fits the facts/beliefs that individuals are aware of may cause a similar effect to tuition fees for the Lib Dems. Even if like that case they were putting the country before party.
    2. a lot of the "facts" are based on particular points of view. So in locations like the twittersphere or on the hustings those who can provide the counter arguments will be useful.

Just because someone is working class it doesn't mean they are from the "left", I mean how can someone be left wing and suddenly become a supporter of a extreme right wing party? This doesn't mean make sense. Of course there would be some ideologically educated left wing people voting for Brexit, just like there are people like that in every corner in Europe, but these people have nothing to do with those who voted mainly for immigration reasons.

The trouble is that there are a group of people who have been trying to raise particular issues but the traditional parties were not listening or hearing the complaints but pressing on regardless. They will also see other niche parties who understands their frustrations, extol policies the group believes will remedy their issues and act as the opposition to the mainstream.

So each member will have to decide between supporting the party they usually do or supporting the niche party even if there are policies the individuals do not agree with. Because they are in broad alignment with their primary concern they will support whoever is raising that issue.

This is why Farage got the support.
    Idiots are easily fooled, thats all it comes down to, no other further explanation needed.

As usual you dont have a clue.

I was playing the race card because Farage has proven himself to be a racist, he purposefully garners the racists vote and he is only interested in furthering the pursuits of his rich peers.

Only a fool would think that he actually cares about the normal working man, let alone idolise him.

Not, necessarily so as if the fact checking is prone to confirmation bias then two things will happen.

1. statements/presumptions/ascertains that do not turn into reality or fits the facts/beliefs that individuals are aware of may cause a similar effect to tuition fees for the Lib Dems. Even if like that case they were putting the country before party.
    2. a lot of the "facts" are based on particular points of view. So in locations like the twittersphere or on the hustings those who can provide the counter arguments will be useful.
    I'm talking about verifiable facts like...food bank usage...zero hour contract proliferation...number of homeless...child poverty...housing shortages.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Even if this was a tiny bit true and not stupid. There's a difference between

"We won't cut the NHS" and "I'm pleased to be here in Bolton and look forward to winning trophies here"

Last edited by GrottonRed; 27-9-17 at 14:57. Reason: Totally inappropriate post...don't repeat

Last edited by GrottonRed; 27-9-17 at 15:00. Reason: offensive

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller;12843935[B
    ]So now you're saying everyone who reads papers are thick.[/B]
    No im pretty sure I didnt actually say that. I said the majority of the press has spread lies and distortions about immigration the EU and foreigners and those papers are generally aimed at the least intelligent (The Sun, The Daily Express are 2 examples) so you will get what we got last June which is people voting to screw themselves.
    And yes i do realise that..Im not a paid up Corbynista. If you read my posts yd know that. But i also know that the right in this country are pursuing the most dishonest agenda for the country in living memory. the only beneficiaries of Brexit are going to be the very rich.

Quote Originally Posted by REDKNIGHT1892 View Post
    So The tories under Thatcher didnt do deals with Sinn Fein or John Major's govt. Thatcher's govt was talking to Sinn fein long time ago.