Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2536

Thread: Brexit...Deal or No Deal?

  1. #2341  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    He did say you can still go to stag do's to historical cities, so there's that.
    with organic carrots according to a post I just saw on twitter it seems, Ode to joy!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2342  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,098
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha



    ****'s sake
    but you fail to answer. As with all people predisposed to leaving you answer with not an argument but expletives. ST is the same..not a scintilla of a reasoned argument and yet ST says he/she is working class and voted for Brexit because the WC would benefit. Mmm..tell that to Jacob rees-Mogg/Boris/Nigel/Liam I dont think they see the WC as benefiting or want it to. They will say that it will to get votes but they dont want it to.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #2343  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    but you fail to answer. As with all people predisposed to leaving you answer with not an argument but expletives. ST is the same..not a scintilla of a reasoned argument and yet ST says he/she is working class and voted for Brexit because the WC would benefit. Mmm..tell that to Jacob rees-Mogg/Boris/Nigel/Liam I dont think they see the WC as benefiting or want it to. They will say that it will to get votes but they dont want it to.
    I've answered it very clearly, many times. Rather than keep asking the same question, maybe he could read?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #2344  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,681
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    He's a dangerous, clueless moron
    That's a bit harsh, I thought he was just trolling fellow posters.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #2345  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    That's a bit harsh, I thought he was just trolling fellow posters.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #2346  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,946
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    The Tories who keep on being voted in ... by socalled conservatives with a small "c" ... unwittingly ignoring the fact that the conservative party dont have any policies for conservatives with a small "c".
    And what about the other parties do they have the policies that will broadly align to someone on the centre right. Maybe small c conservatives should look at one of the latest parties to come into existence. Ok they only have one local government seat in East Ayrshire but at least they advertise what most people think about politics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rubbish_Party. In reality they are a single issue party trying to turn attention to the litter problem but currently have 3 members.

    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Bojo giving another good speech today
    It's time the remoaners just let go of eu apron strings and backed Britain.
    He also suggested that brexiteers should stop dancing in the streets singing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #2347  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    sure, just as soon as my NHS gets the money it was promised by those idiots.
    Funny how it appears only remainers thought we were having a referendum on NHS funding. One wonders why they're moaning if they voted against it.

    For the record #OurNhs needs reform, not more money.

    I know, it's heretical to criticise our national religion in such a way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #2348  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,886
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    sure, just as soon as my NHS gets the money it was promised by those idiots.
    What promise was that?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #2349  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Funny how it appears only remainers thought we were having a referendum on NHS funding. One wonders why they're moaning if they voted against it.

    For the record #OurNhs needs reform, not more money.

    I know, it's heretical to criticise our national religion in such a way.
    Well said. They never promised 350 million to the nhs.
    It said we send that much a week to the EU.....let's fund the nhs instead.

    I took that as meaning we will be able to find the nhs more......not give them the lot!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #2350  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    He's a dangerous, clueless moron
    Evidence?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #2351  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Well said. They never promised 350 million to the nhs.
    It said we send that much a week to the EU.....let's fund the nhs instead.

    I took that as meaning we will be able to find the nhs more......not give them the lot!
    I just figured anyone who actually wants to throw more money at that bottomless pit is probably too stupid to be voting
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #2352  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Evidence?
    Everything he says and does
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #2353  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Everything he says and does
    Thats opinion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #2354  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Thats opinion.
    In the context of Brexit? No, not at all
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #2355  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Funny how it appears only remainers thought we were having a referendum on NHS funding. One wonders why they're moaning if they voted against it.

    For the record #OurNhs needs reform, not more money.

    I know, it's heretical to criticise our national religion in such a way.
    Accept that isn't true really

    You seem to have a really good grasp of this Brexit ordeal and what it means, but you really do range from calling out insult on behalf of leavers, while insisting leave voters shouldn't be counted as one hive mind (which I agree with) but then also have spent some time in recent days insulting 'remainers' or individual posters. Its not necessary

    I actually agree that it, the NHS, needs reform and one of the ideals is proactive care and treatment to help save the NHS, but I can understand perfectly why some people bought that NHS line by Boris Johnson and cronies, desperation does that along with a lack of knowledge and I know personally for example, people who work in the NHS who voted on the premise of an investment in funds. I certainly wouldn't call them 'stupid' for doing so

    I think inadvertently you are mocking that desperation while also falsely claiming its only 'remainers' who feel like this....why remainers now have a hive mind but leavers don't in your mind is a bit bizarre and rather selective.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #2356  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Accept that isn't true really

    You seem to have a really good grasp of this Brexit ordeal and what it means, but you really do range from calling out insult on behalf of leavers, while insisting leave voters shouldn't be counted as one hive mind (which I agree with) but then also have spent some time in recent days insulting 'remainers' or individual posters. Its not necessary

    I actually agree that it, the NHS, needs reform and one of the ideals is proactive care and treatment to help save the NHS, but I can understand perfectly why some people bought that NHS line by Boris Johnson and cronies, desperation does that along with a lack of knowledge and I know personally for example, people who work in the NHS who voted on the premise of an investment in funds. I certainly wouldn't call them 'stupid' for doing so

    I think inadvertently you are mocking that desperation while also falsely claiming its only 'remainers' who feel like this....why remainers now have a hive mind but leavers don't in your mind is a bit bizarre and rather selective.
    And you're being very selective in your interpretation of my words. 'only' does not mean 'all' there is literally no suggestion of any hive mind in my post. The point being the only people who keep harping on about it are remainers, that does not mean all remainers do so.

    And yes, anybody who believed that that money would be available is either stupid or lazy
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #2357  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    And you're being very selective in your interpretation of my words. 'only' does not mean 'all' there is literally no suggestion of any hive mind in my post. The point being the only people who keep harping on about it are remainers, that does not mean all remainers do so.

    And yes, anybody who believed that that money would be available is either stupid or lazy
    It's how it reads, the whole tone, you've been rather inconsistent with how you term & view voters of late

    That closing judgment is in line with your own comment, accept I think it's both as opposed to one or the other
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #2358  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    It's how it reads, the whole tone, you've been rather inconsistent with how you term & view voters of late

    That closing judgment is in line with your own comment, accept I think it's both as opposed to one or the other
    No, it doesn't and no I haven't. It's right there in plain English, you choosing to infer meaning which doesn't exist is not down to me.

    So you agree they're stupid, than your friends in #OurNHS?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #2359  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Funny how it appears only remainers thought we were having a referendum on NHS funding. One wonders why they're moaning if they voted against it.

    For the record #OurNhs needs reform, not more money.

    I know, it's heretical to criticise our national religion in such a way.
    not at all, but the NHS was put front and centre by Gove, Boris and Emporer Farage, they literally parked the bus on the subject so it remains that in the eyes of many people even now certainly as a symbol for Brexit overall..

    I do agree it needs reform, but the idea that it is overfunded or even correctly funded is pretty silly when you look at the state of the NHS up and down the country, on top of training numbers for future doctors and nurses, and the attrition rate of current staffing levels not to mention the completely avoidable timebomb of EU medical staff we are already losing on a daily basis.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #2360  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Well said. They never promised 350 million to the nhs.
    It said we send that much a week to the EU.....let's fund the nhs instead.

    I took that as meaning we will be able to find the nhs more......not give them the lot!
    it was literally on the side of a big red *********** bus they sent up and down the country and all got photographed stood in front of.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #2361  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    not at all, but the NHS was put front and centre by Gove, Boris and Emporer Farage, they literally parked the bus on the subject so it remains that in the eyes of many people even now certainly as a symbol for Brexit overall..

    I do agree it needs reform, but the idea that it is overfunded or even correctly funded is pretty silly when you look at the state of the NHS up and down the country, on top of training numbers for future doctors and nurses, and the attrition rate of current staffing levels not to mention the completely avoidable timebomb of EU medical staff we are already losing on a daily basis.
    Didn't say that.

    The NHS is in the state it's in because it's an anachronism, it's a failed model and a failed healthcare system. We urgently need to explore alternative funding models
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #2362  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,918
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Well said. They never promised 350 million to the nhs.
    It said we send that much a week to the EU.....let's fund the nhs instead.

    I took that as meaning we will be able to find the nhs more......not give them the lot!
    The implication is clear. Unambiguous. The only reason to think otherwise is lack of trust in their integrity or competency to articulate their thoughts.

    So how's all this newly replenished democracy and parliamentary accountability, where we can vote them out when we want (didn't know we couldn't), going to be of any use, when we've got the same old **** going on and 52% seemingly either trusting of it or at ease with it? Accepting of it?

    We've already lowered the bar on expectations of our leadership at the very birth of this new era. Tarnished it. 'Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose'.

    Neither remain nor brexit will fix this most human of flaws. But we've got the repair bill for it anyway. The EU is no better.
    Last edited by Luises-Finger; 15-2-18 at 01:29.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #2363  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Didn't say that.

    The NHS is in the state it's in because it's an anachronism, it's a failed model and a failed healthcare system. We urgently need to explore alternative funding models
    it is a million miles away from a failed model, whilst it is unique it is both statistically and realistically one of the best in the world not to mention cheaper per capita with better results than most other developed nations, that is simple fact.

    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lthcare-survey is one such example, you're entitled to your own opinion on the NHS, but not your own facts.
    Last edited by angelYNWA; 15-2-18 at 02:34.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #2364  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    it is a million miles away from a failed model, whilst it is unique it is both statistically and realistically one of the best in the world not to mention cheaper per capita with better results than most other developed nations, that is simple fact.

    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lthcare-survey is one such example, you're entitled to your own opinion on the NHS, but not your own facts.
    Hahaha

    You actually linked to something which cites the commonwealth fund study. Really? Have you read that study? I have

    The NHS comes out second bottom (the US is bottom) for health outcomes. You are literally prepared to allow people to die unnecessarily to ensure the current funding model exists.

    That, in a word, is socialism
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #2365  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    ...
    Last edited by dookar; 15-2-18 at 03:53.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #2366  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #2367  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Hahaha

    You actually linked to something which cites the commonwealth fund study. Really? Have you read that study? I have

    The NHS comes out second bottom (the US is bottom) for health outcomes. You are literally prepared to allow people to die unnecessarily to ensure the current funding model exists.

    That, in a word, is socialism
    That, in a word, is ********.

    You just seem to have an unnatural hatred for a system that helps millions on a daily basis even with all its problems, many of them caused by Tory policies and the actions of Jeremy Hunt. I wonder why.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #2368  
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,139
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    That, in a word, is ********.

    You just seem to have an unnatural hatred for a system that helps millions on a daily basis even with all its problems, many of them caused by Tory policies and the actions of Jeremy Hunt. I wonder why.
    "“The UK stands out as a top performer in most categories except for healthcare outcomes, where it ranks with the US near the bottom,” according to the Mirror, Mirror 2017 report from the US-based Commonwealth Fund[FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]."[/FONT]

    [FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]That's from your link.[/FONT]

    [FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]You're lauding a healthcare system which isn't very good at healthcare. People die because we can't criticise the funding model.[/FONT]
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #2369  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    That's a bit harsh, I thought he was just trolling fellow posters.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #2370  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,247
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Funny how it appears only remainers thought we were having a referendum on NHS funding. One wonders why they're moaning if they voted against it.

    For the record #OurNhs needs reform, not more money.

    I know, it's heretical to criticise our national religion in such a way.
    I especially like those on both sides who, even if they believed all the money was going to the NHS, expect that money already be provided before brexit has even happened and while we continue to pay in.

    And on NHS - needs reform and money. Some good some bad, but the conversation must be had. The NHS by nearly all studies (bar commonwealth one) performs near the bottom of developed countries and bottom of europe (despite being in EU). Further, the one study heavily in the NHS' favour does not focus on 'outcomes'. The CF study also only looks at 11 states. What was that line about the conclusion of the commonwealth study

    "The only serious black mark against the NHS was its poor record on keeping people alive.’"
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •