Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1878

Thread: Brexit...Deal or No Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Yes that's why i added we can trade with the world.
    Germany would risk losing billions to us if we had high tariffs
    Have you seen Farage calling for a second referendum today?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    How is the food price index looking currently?
    It's OK. We're all going vegan as a stepping stone to doing without food at all. Massive savings in giving up food.

Edit: May be that's what austerity is all about?
    Last edited by Luises-Finger; 11-1-18 at 15:38.

Have you seen Farage calling for a second referendum today?
    Hes not calling for one. He said hes warming to the idea because he's confident the brexit vote will be even higher.he wants to shut the remaoaners up once and fir all he must be on the wind up.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luises-Finger View Post
    It's OK. We're all going vegan as a stepping stone to doing without food at all. Massive savings in giving up food.

Edit: May be that's what austerity is all about?
    Yeah youd save on toilet paper

Yeah youd save on toilet paper
    Nah. We talk to much of it to do away with toilet paper altogether.

Hes not calling for one. He said hes warming to the idea because he's confident the brexit vote will be even higher.he wants to shut the remaoaners up once and fir all he must be on the wind up.....lol
    Hannan made a significant point that this time round, remainers couldn't use project fear. He's bang on with that. It'd be fun watching remainer leadership try and come up with a something real.

I'd also enjoy brexiters, now the government unlike last time, finally tell us what the nations business plans for the future are. Surely after all this time they have a clear idea that they can present the nation.

Given brexit is about sovereignty it shouldn't matter if people are presented with the calculated expected costs and eventual return on this investment. It would be respectful to let the citizens of a sovereign nation know though.

Curious this story as if true it must be that Farage is confident. Why is he so confident? Because despite the mounting evidence this was an appalling decision he knows through backing of the vast majority of the media (Telegraph, Mail, Sun, Star, Express and Times) he will have those dispensing the daily news on side. He also knows he has the backing of the PM and senior ministers as well as Corbyn and other Lab MPs. So to be honest with all that he shouldnt lose should he.

One thing I would insist upon if this vote happens is a minimum of a 5% lead to the winner is needed or it goes to parliament for our elected soveriegn parliament to make the choice. It has to be a clear margin and that has to be decided before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Curious this story as if true it must be that Farage is confident. Why is he so confident? Because despite the mounting evidence this was an appalling decision he knows through backing of the vast majority of the media (Telegraph, Mail, Sun, Star, Express and Times) he will have those dispensing the daily news on side. He also knows he has the backing of the PM and senior ministers as well as Corbyn and other Lab MPs. So to be honest with all that he shouldnt lose should he.

One thing I would insist upon if this vote happens is a minimum of a 5% lead to the winner is needed or it goes to parliament for our elected soveriegn parliament to make the choice. It has to be a clear margin and that has to be decided before hand.
    You're obsessed with newspapers aren't you?

I'd insist on the facts. But you have to accept there's any number of brexiters aren't bothered what those facts might be. They just want out of the EU and no price is to high. Atleast they feel that way for now.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    We are still on the "starting blocks"? No movement at all? What is happening? And when?

I'd insist on the facts. But you have to accept there's any number of brexiters aren't bothered what those facts might be. They just want out of the EU and no price is to high. Atleast they feel that way for now.
    Maybe we just understand that that price has been accruing since Maastricht and Lisbon and will only get ever more dear. Maybe we'd prefer to pay the price ourselves rather than hand it on to our progeny.

Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    It's unlikely that after the years of austerity we're going to get an immediate upturn after brexit. The opposite is more likely for several years. Both camps of economists seem to think that as far as I can tell.
    I know, I've been saying that on here for as long as we've had threads on the topic.

Sovereignty and control more important than possible increase in homeless on the streets? Possible greater division in society between haves and have not's.
    Not sure I've ever used the word 'control' but other than that, yes.

partial quote from post #1611
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Maybe we just understand that that price has been accruing since Maastricht and Lisbon and will only get ever more dear. Maybe we'd prefer to pay the price ourselves rather than hand it on to our progeny.
    You've already inferred you feel an increase in hardship for some is a price worth paying for greater sovereignty. That hardship will include some kids and their prospects. Some progeny may pay a price anyway according to you.

That aside I'd genuinely be interested in any facts you have on an 'accruing price' and proof of preparedness of brexiters to 'pay the price ourselves' in the light of the above and the near decade of UK government, enthusiastically supported quantitative easing and austerity we all swallowed. Our national debt is already their burden. Any increase in that debt just makes the burden heavier in my abbreviated view of things.

As and when exit's sovereignty begins to reduce the debt relative to remaining, then the claim of not handing on the price to our progeny will start to be true. That seems a long way (1/2 a generation?) off to me. However, I'm no economist or financial geek. I'll accept education. But not without question.
    Last edited by Luises-Finger; 15-1-18 at 02:14.

You've already inferred you feel an increase in hardship for some is a price worth paying for greater sovereignty. That hardship will include some kids and their prospects. Some progeny may pay a price anyway according to you.

That aside I'd genuinely be interested in any facts you have on an 'accruing price' and proof of preparedness of brexiters to 'pay the price ourselves' in the light of the above and the near decade of UK government, enthusiastically supported quantitative easing and austerity we all swallowed. Our national debt is already their burden. Any increase in that debt just makes the burden heavier in my abbreviated view of things.

As and when exit's sovereignty begins to reduce the debt relative to remaining, then the claim of not handing on the price to our progeny will start to be true. That seems a long way (1/2 a generation?) off to me. However, I'm no economist or financial geek. I'll accept education. But not without question.
    You think by staying on the eu things will improve? On what basis?in case you haven't noticed.....things have been going down hill for years. The eu is not going to improve the UK at all thats why we voted out.

You think by staying on the eu things will improve? On what basis?in case you haven't noticed.....things have been going down hill for years. The eu is not going to improve the UK at all thats why we voted out.
    Yup...The EU has done nothing at all to improve places like Merseyside...nothing.

Yup...The EU has done nothing at all to improve places like Merseyside...nothing.

This could rapidly turn into Monty Python's what have the Romans done for us

I love the logic that the EU is also supposed to cater for all regional areas of a country, or if some areas go awry...it must be the fault of the EU for not looking after every single region of 27 countries in every single way. Actual governments are all just sitting back doing **** all saying 'its ok, the EU have got this covered, I'm not even sure why we have a government anymore. We just play on our wheelie chairs now and make planes out of stationary. But no more, we shall leap into action now that the EU ain't stopping us!'

Just look at us go too, voted out, didn't understand on what premise or why for the most part, and now can't negotiate effectively while hiding certain elements of this exit (or trying to).

Sovereignty though I guess

Soon we'll be able to sail the waters again and show the world how good we used to be, while begging them for stuff that we can't do or supply ourselves with

So the leader of UKip is in trouble because his partner is guilty of making racist remarks. Eh? Something I've missed. Isn't UKip a racist party formed by racist people supported by racist people? Why ban the leader's partner for saying what many UKip members believe to be the case.

Furthermore its getting a tad nauseating hearing people apologise for remarks taken "out of context" when they are not. "Im sorry for my remarks as I meant far worse" should be what they say.

So the leader of UKip is in trouble because his partner is guilty of making racist remarks. Eh? Something I've missed. Isn't UKip a racist party formed by racist people supported by racist people? Why ban the leader's partner for saying what many UKip members believe to be the case.

Furthermore its getting a tad nauseating hearing people apologise for remarks taken "out of context" when they are not. "Im sorry for my remarks as I meant far worse" should be what they say.
    Is this the one who dumped his wife, new born baby and young child, by text, just before Christmas?

Well said.

UKIP is the political equivalent of a seedy massage parlour offering personalised services to clients whose innate stupidity causes them to be constantly indiscreet about their secret vices and how they service them. Cartoon idiots. Grotesque people.

You're obsessed with newspapers aren't you?
    Because their influence is so great thats why. Its not rocket science. Reverse the polarity of press bias and the Brexit result would not have happened. People think the politics of their newspaper doesnt affect them but those saying that are usually Tories as they fail to see the effect. An old peoples home my wife visits only take the Telegraph and Mail so all those old people are only reading one argument.

Is this the one who dumped his wife, new born baby and young child, by text, just before Christmas?
    I have no idea.

no its not a racist party

Because their influence is so great thats why. Its not rocket science. Reverse the polarity of press bias and the Brexit result would not have happened. People think the politics of their newspaper doesnt affect them but those saying that are usually Tories as they fail to see the effect. An old peoples home my wife visits only take the Telegraph and Mail so all those old people are only reading one argument.
    but I thought the biggest selling papers backed the remain vote. as did labour......who's voters chose to leave. in some areas by nearly 80%.

maybe those who voted to leave didn't take any notice of the papers or the campaigns......instead they saw what was happening around them and said.....LETS GET OUT

Quote Originally Posted by hardyards View Post
    well said.

Ukip is the political equivalent of a seedy massage parlour offering personalised services to clients whose innate stupidity causes them to be constantly indiscreet about their secret vices and how they service them. Cartoon idiots. Grotesque people.
    have you ever been to a european away with liverpool? Lmao

have you ever been to a european away with liverpool? Lmao
    Hahaha. Cartoon idiot answer. Why not try giving a reply that is vaguely related to the topic or maybe just makes some basic kind of sense.

Hahaha. Cartoon idiot answer. Why not try giving a reply that is vaguely related to the topic or maybe just makes some basic kind of sense.
    Ukip got us out the eu.....I'll be forever grateful.
    Why do people like you have to insult anyone who has a different opinion?

Well said.

UKIP is the political equivalent of a seedy massage parlour offering personalised services to clients whose innate stupidity causes them to be constantly indiscreet about their secret vices and how they service them. Cartoon idiots. Grotesque people.
    Europe's full of seedy massage parlours like that

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Europe's full of seedy massage parlours like that
    Some might say the only good thing about being in Europe

Ukip got us out the eu.....I'll be forever grateful.
    Why do people like you have to insult anyone who has a different opinion?
    Stop complaining. UKIP is now a sanitarily filtered political waste by-product which has mostly been flushed down the Westminster sewers. Nobody cares.

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider

Must hurt watching a mixed race woman about to marry a young prince when she's got an aging politician from some irrelevant party, no wonder she's so bitter

You think by staying on the eu things will improve? On what basis?
    No.
    I think leaving by the chosen method and pace, will make things financially worse for a significant period. On the basis that the UK's annual GDP increased significantly over the period from Maastricht treaty(1993) to the 2007crash. I don't know why, but according to ONS figures it did.

In case you haven't noticed.....things have been going down hill for years. The eu is not going to improve the UK at all thats why we voted out.
    Like I said ST, I'm no economist or financial geek. I'll accept education. So give me your top 5 financial things (with sources) that have gone down hill and when it started.
    Last edited by Luises-Finger; 16-1-18 at 00:07.