Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 982

Thread: Emre Can - 17/18 watch....

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,976
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Better hope Keita hits the ground running like his mate Mane! Who I see as Can's replacement.

    Coutinho, that's a different matter. He is one of the best in the world. You don't replace those types.
    Mate we have to take a strong stand as a club and not let Coutinho leave especially after just signing a new contract.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,156
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Mate we have to take a strong stand as a club and not let Coutinho leave especially after just signing a new contract.
    True. Just hope behind closed doors we didn't say - give us one more season and you can have your move....
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,341
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Better hope Keita hits the ground running like his mate Mane! Who I see as Can's replacement.

    Coutinho, that's a different matter. He is one of the best in the world. You don't replace those types.
    To be fair, even if Keita hits the ground jogging he will still be able to overtake a running Can.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,822
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    True. Just hope behind closed doors we didn't say - give us one more season and you can have your move....
    We probably said something along those lines, though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,341
    Bye Can.

    Thanks for all the invisible trophies and your long term absences., the Italian league would be a decent option for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    True. Just hope behind closed doors we didn't say - give us one more season and you can have your move....
    That's exactly what LFC directors said.
    Last edited by Gio; 21-10-17 at 12:34.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,831
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I'd be gutted, it would be like ground hog day again, just when you think we are making progress we start all over again.
    That has unfortunately been our luck over the last how many years. Never quite have all the pieces of the puzzle, and players won't wait too long for it to click. You fix one position and two more need filling.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25,222
    When you look at the squad and who is coming in, it's understandable, why he wants to go...and why we didn't sell him in the summer.

    He isn't first choice in any position imo...and if we do make the switch to 4-2-3-1, he'll still be down the pecking order...even more so when Keita arrives.

    I think he sees this too...and would want to try his luck elsewhere for the big money he'd get due to his Bosman status.

    We have kept him because it would have cost more to replace him in that crazy market...with a player who may also be surplus to requirements next summer.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,976
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    When you look at the squad and who is coming in, it's understandable, why he wants to go...and why we didn't sell him in the summer.

    He isn't first choice in any position imo...and if we do make the switch to 4-2-3-1, he'll still be down the pecking order...even more so when Keita arrives.

    I think he sees this too...and would want to try his luck elsewhere for the big money he'd get due to his Bosman status.

    We have kept him because it would have cost more to replace him in that crazy market...with a player who may also be surplus to requirements next summer.
    I hope he isn't thinking like you say that would be extremely disappointing, him and Keita would make a really good two in a 4231.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25,222
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I hope he isn't thinking like you say that would be extremely disappointing, him and Keita would make a really good two in a 4231.
    I don't think they would be any different than Hendo and Keita.

    And there is the rub of it.

    We are arguing about who is slightly better than the other...when the real issue is neither of those players, are anywhere near good enough to be playing at 6, in a team that is as attack minded as this.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,341
    Awful. Ali has embarrassed him beyond redemption. Bin him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,544
    playing like a player whos playing down the clock
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26,004
    Why on earth play Can at right back and leave Milner in midfield
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,143
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Why on earth play Can at right back and leave Milner in midfield
    Bizarre. I'd have even preferred Can at CB and kept Gomez at RB tbh. Can is definitely not a RB.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    When you look at the squad and who is coming in, it's understandable, why he wants to go...and why we didn't sell him in the summer.

    He isn't first choice in any position imo...and if we do make the switch to 4-2-3-1, he'll still be down the pecking order...even more so when Keita arrives.

    I think he sees this too...and would want to try his luck elsewhere for the big money he'd get due to his Bosman status.

    We have kept him because it would have cost more to replace him in that crazy market...with a player who may also be surplus to requirements next summer.
    Your opinion. But I highly doubt many people would pick Henderson or GW over Can especially in a
    4231.

    You may not rate him but the fact he gets in the German squad and Juventus seems interested shows enough about said player that there is quality there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I hope he isn't thinking like you say that would be extremely disappointing, him and Keita would make a really good two in a 4231.
    Yes they would be great. He's miles better than Henderson and is still quite young. Can isn't close to his peak yet. There's more to come from him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,294
    Can is a lumbering player most of the time. Flashes of brilliance isn't enough.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,341
    flashes of brilliance... jogging around the pitch watching the game, turning his back in two of the shots-goals we conceded, like a proper amateur he is.

    We spent valuable playing time on this overrated, slow football imposter. Flash him down the toilet.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    flashes of brilliance... jogging around the pitch watching the game, turning his back in two of the shots-goals we conceded, like a proper amateur he is.

    We spent valuable playing time on this overrated, slow football imposter. Flash him down the toilet.
    Agree
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    flashes of brilliance... jogging around the pitch watching the game, turning his back in two of the shots-goals we conceded, like a proper amateur he is.

    We spent valuable playing time on this overrated, slow football imposter. Flash him down the toilet.
    Agreed.

    More interested in keeping his hair in place then working for the team. Juventus Can have him for free.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,341
    Some of our delusional fans dared to compare him to Alonso, Gerrard, Lampard and other top Premier League and Champions League midfielders of the past.

    You can only laugh at the depth of their delusion. Gerrard and Lampard at Can's age were complete World Class midfielders, established, at national and international level, having already won awards, medals and trophies. He is fit for a midtable Serie A team and even there he may find himself to be too slow to play. Awful, truly AWFUL. I can't believe anyone would dare to think that this mediocrity would be good for the Liverpool midfield, to succeed players like Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, or displace from the midfield Milner.

    Mr Klopp you are GUILTY for continuing this FRAUD.
    Last edited by Gio; 23-10-17 at 09:57.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    24,327
    Hes average like our other centre midfielders. Lets be honest, picking any three out of him, Henderson, Wini and Milner is going to be weak. None of them are that good. Any centre midfield we pick is going to be underwhelming.

    Play the Ox out wide and put Coutinho playing furthest forward in a midfield 3. It wont solve all our problems but its something. Maybe. I just dont know anymore, this squad is so weak.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    16,341
    I'd play Ox in Can's position. He is miiiiiiles better, than this fraudster.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    24,327
    to succeed players like Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano,l

    .
    Makes me want to cry. We can only dream of having a midfield like that now.

    Its crazy, Rafa used to get a bit of stick for his transfer dealings. He did make the odd mistake but damn he built a great team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    flashes of brilliance... jogging around the pitch watching the game, turning his back in two of the shots-goals we conceded, like a proper amateur he is.

    We spent valuable playing time on this overrated, slow football imposter. Flash him down the toilet.
    He does that every single time.He gets far far....far less stick than Henderson.
    Can & Wijnaldum......actually nobody from the entire midfield knows how to defend.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,508
    had one of his worst games yesterday..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,294
    The OX showed more determination and strength yesterday than Can.

    Maybe Grujic should now get a few games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Some of our delusional fans dared to compare him to Alonso, Gerrard, Lampard and other top Premier League and Champions League midfielders of the past.

    You can only laugh at the depth of their delusion. Gerrard and Lampard at Can's age were complete World Class midfielders, established, at national and international level, having already won awards, medals and trophies. He is fit for a midtable Serie A team and even there he may find himself to be too slow to play. Awful, truly AWFUL. I can't believe anyone would dare to think that this mediocrity would be good for the Liverpool midfield, to succeed players like Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, or displace from the midfield Milner.

    Mr Klopp you are GUILTY for continuing this FRAUD.
    Brilliance at its finest.

    I just wonder if your mom knows you're on the internet again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'd play Ox in Can's position. He is miiiiiiles better, than this fraudster.
    Jesus, you have a serious chip on your shoulder over Can. Obsessed some might say.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'd play Ox in Can's position. He is miiiiiiles better, than this fraudster.
    No, he's not .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,718
    I like Can but he really won't be missed if he goes
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •