Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre Can - 17/18 watch....

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Better hope Keita hits the ground running like his mate Mane! Who I see as Can's replacement.

Coutinho, that's a different matter. He is one of the best in the world. You don't replace those types.
    Mate we have to take a strong stand as a club and not let Coutinho leave especially after just signing a new contract.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Mate we have to take a strong stand as a club and not let Coutinho leave especially after just signing a new contract.
    True. Just hope behind closed doors we didn't say - give us one more season and you can have your move....
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Better hope Keita hits the ground running like his mate Mane! Who I see as Can's replacement.

Coutinho, that's a different matter. He is one of the best in the world. You don't replace those types.
    To be fair, even if Keita hits the ground jogging he will still be able to overtake a running Can.

True. Just hope behind closed doors we didn't say - give us one more season and you can have your move....
    We probably said something along those lines, though.

Bye Can.

Thanks for all the invisible trophies and your long term absences., the Italian league would be a decent option for you.

That's exactly what LFC directors said.
    Last edited by Gio; 21-10-17 at 12:34.

I'd be gutted, it would be like ground hog day again, just when you think we are making progress we start all over again.
    That has unfortunately been our luck over the last how many years. Never quite have all the pieces of the puzzle, and players won't wait too long for it to click. You fix one position and two more need filling.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    When you look at the squad and who is coming in, it's understandable, why he wants to go...and why we didn't sell him in the summer.

He isn't first choice in any position imo...and if we do make the switch to 4-2-3-1, he'll still be down the pecking order...even more so when Keita arrives.

I think he sees this too...and would want to try his luck elsewhere for the big money he'd get due to his Bosman status.

We have kept him because it would have cost more to replace him in that crazy market...with a player who may also be surplus to requirements next summer.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    When you look at the squad and who is coming in, it's understandable, why he wants to go...and why we didn't sell him in the summer.

He isn't first choice in any position imo...and if we do make the switch to 4-2-3-1, he'll still be down the pecking order...even more so when Keita arrives.

I think he sees this too...and would want to try his luck elsewhere for the big money he'd get due to his Bosman status.

We have kept him because it would have cost more to replace him in that crazy market...with a player who may also be surplus to requirements next summer.
    I hope he isn't thinking like you say that would be extremely disappointing, him and Keita would make a really good two in a 4231.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I hope he isn't thinking like you say that would be extremely disappointing, him and Keita would make a really good two in a 4231.
    I don't think they would be any different than Hendo and Keita.

And there is the rub of it.

We are arguing about who is slightly better than the other...when the real issue is neither of those players, are anywhere near good enough to be playing at 6, in a team that is as attack minded as this.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Awful. Ali has embarrassed him beyond redemption. Bin him.

playing like a player whos playing down the clock

Why on earth play Can at right back and leave Milner in midfield

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Why on earth play Can at right back and leave Milner in midfield
    Bizarre. I'd have even preferred Can at CB and kept Gomez at RB tbh. Can is definitely not a RB.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post

Your opinion. But I highly doubt many people would pick Henderson or GW over Can especially in a

You may not rate him but the fact he gets in the German squad and Juventus seems interested shows enough about said player that there is quality there.

Yes they would be great. He's miles better than Henderson and is still quite young. Can isn't close to his peak yet. There's more to come from him.

Can is a lumbering player most of the time. Flashes of brilliance isn't enough.

flashes of brilliance... jogging around the pitch watching the game, turning his back in two of the shots-goals we conceded, like a proper amateur he is.

We spent valuable playing time on this overrated, slow football imposter. Flash him down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    flashes of brilliance... jogging around the pitch watching the game, turning his back in two of the shots-goals we conceded, like a proper amateur he is.

We spent valuable playing time on this overrated, slow football imposter. Flash him down the toilet.
    Agree

Agreed.

More interested in keeping his hair in place then working for the team. Juventus Can have him for free.

Some of our delusional fans dared to compare him to Alonso, Gerrard, Lampard and other top Premier League and Champions League midfielders of the past.

You can only laugh at the depth of their delusion. Gerrard and Lampard at Can's age were complete World Class midfielders, established, at national and international level, having already won awards, medals and trophies. He is fit for a midtable Serie A team and even there he may find himself to be too slow to play. Awful, truly AWFUL. I can't believe anyone would dare to think that this mediocrity would be good for the Liverpool midfield, to succeed players like Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, or displace from the midfield Milner.

Mr Klopp you are GUILTY for continuing this FRAUD.
    Last edited by Gio; 23-10-17 at 09:57.

Hes average like our other centre midfielders. Lets be honest, picking any three out of him, Henderson, Wini and Milner is going to be weak. None of them are that good. Any centre midfield we pick is going to be underwhelming.

Play the Ox out wide and put Coutinho playing furthest forward in a midfield 3. It wont solve all our problems but its something. Maybe. I just dont know anymore, this squad is so weak.

I'd play Ox in Can's position. He is miiiiiiles better, than this fraudster.

to succeed players like Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano,l

Makes me want to cry. We can only dream of having a midfield like that now.

Its crazy, Rafa used to get a bit of stick for his transfer dealings. He did make the odd mistake but damn he built a great team.

He does that every single time.He gets far far....far less stick than Henderson.
    Can & Wijnaldum......actually nobody from the entire midfield knows how to defend.

had one of his worst games yesterday..

The OX showed more determination and strength yesterday than Can.

Maybe Grujic should now get a few games.

Some of our delusional fans dared to compare him to Alonso, Gerrard, Lampard and other top Premier League and Champions League midfielders of the past.

You can only laugh at the depth of their delusion. Gerrard and Lampard at Can's age were complete World Class midfielders, established, at national and international level, having already won awards, medals and trophies. He is fit for a midtable Serie A team and even there he may find himself to be too slow to play. Awful, truly AWFUL. I can't believe anyone would dare to think that this mediocrity would be good for the Liverpool midfield, to succeed players like Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, or displace from the midfield Milner.

Mr Klopp you are GUILTY for continuing this FRAUD.
    Brilliance at its finest.

I just wonder if your mom knows you're on the internet again.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Jesus, you have a serious chip on your shoulder over Can. Obsessed some might say.

No, he's not .

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    I like Can but he really won't be missed if he goes