Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre Can - 17/18 watch....

1. #1 Default Emre Can - 17/18 watch.... 
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    New thread to discuss Emre beautiful Can.

The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

This is what I said in the other thread about his current contract situation.

Seems a bit slack on the club, there would still be bids if we gave him what he wanted, people were quick to have a go at Coutinho for wanting to go but at least we will get over a hundred million quid for him.

This way around we get nothing and Can reaps the financial benefits, I guess its our fault for letting it get to this.
    Im not a massive fan but plenty of people rate him so maybe Im wrong on this one, either way letting it get to the stage where he can leave for nothing seems criminal in this day and age.

IMO, the club should be realistic and accept the inclusion of a buy-out clause. If he wants to continue to grow with LFC, fine. If not, the amount in the buy-out clause is better than losing him for free. The money could at least be used to get a worthy replacement.

I genuinely think the LFC midfield requires a significant make-over during the next two windows. We have too many passengers and average players. I think Winj should go and Henderson should be made a squad player. If Can goes, the midfield should be remodeled with top players that bring determination, guile, composure, effective passing and aerial ability. A club of LFC's ambition and stature should stop justifying mediocrity week after week. Our situation is so bad, we are becoming grateful to players when they do the minimum they are supposed to even against teams that cost a tenth of what these lot cost and a hundredth of our team's wage outlay. The fraudsters should be removed!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    IMO, the club should be realistic and accept the inclusion of a buy-out clause. If he wants to continue to grow with LFC, fine. If not, the amount in the buy-out clause is better than losing him for free. The money could at least be used to get a worthy replacement.

I genuinely think the LFC midfield requires a significant make-over during the next two windows. We have too many passengers and average players. I think Winj should go and Henderson should be made a squad player. If Can goes, the midfield should be remodeled with top players that bring determination, guile, composure, effective passing and aerial ability. A club of LFC's ambition and stature should stop justifying mediocrity week after week. Our situation is so bad, we are becoming grateful to players when they do the minimum they are supposed to even against teams that cost a tenth of what these lot cost and a hundredth of our team's wage outlay. The fraudsters should be removed!
    Thank goodness you're not the manager. Yes we need solidity in midfield but selling Henderson and Wijaldum would be plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Thank goodness you're not the manager. Yes we need solidity in midfield but selling Henderson and Wijaldum would be plain stupid.
    Arguments for, please? I explained my reasons why we need to revamp our midfield, you have not offered any reasoning as to why Winj should continue to be an LFC player and Henderson should not be demoted to a squad player status.

Since the Arsenal game Winj has been a passenger in this team. Henderson did well yesterday in terms of interceptions but his over-all play lacked composure and we didn't have a good control of the midfield for large chunks of the game. Are these the players you want for LFC going forward? Are they really that indispensable? I happen to think LFC deserves better players than this.

He should go. Sell him.

If he does not want to sign a new contract, good luck in finding a top club willing to offer a long term contract to a player who is as slow as him at the age of 24 and who thinks he is ten times the player he actually is. He can take Lovren, Mignolet and Grujic to his new superclub, so they can form a new hilarious superteam or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Klopp likes them both, a lot ... so won't happen, but "plain stupid" ... Nope.

One of them decides to play well once every five games or so when the mood takes him. The other is about the most ineffective club captain I've ever seen.

Both nice guys, presumably great in training, but on the pitch they bring the intensity of an elderly gerbil.

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Klopp likes them both, a lot ... so won't happen, but "plain stupid" ... Nope.

One of them decides to play well once every five games or so when the mood takes him. The other is about the most ineffective club captain I've ever seen.

Both nice guys, presumably great in training, but on the pitch they bring the intensity of an elderly gerbil.
    Can for me is at least technically sound, he may need to improve his consistency but he's still a head and shoulders better footballer than Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Can for me is at least technically sound, he may need to improve his consistency but he's still a head and shoulders better footballer than Henderson
    Technically sound? In which planet? Come on.... He is hilariously overrated. I like that he has refused to sign a contract as if top clubs will line up to sign him on World Class wages. He is the slowest CM he had for a while and as technically gifted as Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Technically sound? In which planet? Come on.... He is hilariously overrated. I like that he has refused to sign a contract as if top clubs will line up to sign him on World Class wages. He is the slowest CM he had for a while and as technically gifted as Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    That's exactly the face of Can when he received the contract extension offers by LFC.

^
    ....and that is the face of Top European Clubs when they hear that he might be interested to join them in a bosman:

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    He should go. Sell him.

If he does not want to sign a new contract, good luck in finding a top club willing to offer a long term contract to a player who is as slow as him at the age of 24 and who thinks he is ten times the player he actually is. He can take Lovren, Mignolet and Grujic to his new superclub, so they can form a new hilarious superteam or something.
    He'd have no problems finding a top club, what a terrible post.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    He'd have no problems finding a top club, what a terrible post.
    Really? Has he entered the final 12 months of his contract?

Show me one top club that would employ such a slow CM in such a crucial position. Show me one. Show me one top club that would swap any of their current Midfielders with Can.

Really? Has he entered the final 12 months of his contract?

Show me one top club that would employ such a slow CM in such a crucial position. Show me one. Show me one top club that would swap any of their current Midfielders with Can.
    Juventus. You heard of them?

Very Reasonable post here

I think Klopps tactics and play style are perfect so far, but his personel lets him Down

Hopefully we see a midtrio of Keita-Lallana-Coutinho next season

And two world Class CBs bought

We should put a buyout clause in Can's contract for business reasons.... Sell him the very next summer and use the money to buy Top talent

I read that story somewhere too, It sounded like his agent trying to drum up business to me !!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I read that story somewhere too, It sounded like his agent trying to drum up business to me !!

He'll fit in well with their slow football

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Yeh it'd probably be a welcome change for him having a competent defence behind him too.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    True, he is as technically gifted as Lucas and its working out ok for him too.

I don't think he's an awful player, but some on here think he's the best midfielder in the world. If he was that good then he'd have had clubs put offers in for him over the summer. He's a strong player and scored a world class goal against Watford! He's pretty slow, can't tackle very well, and doesn't really read the game very well. He's still young enough to learn some things though.

So, he is off to Juventus? interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post

Oh, no why do you say that... Juventus probably never heard of the Can fella. He'd be ok for midtable team in Serie A.

Oh, no why do you say that... Juventus probably never heard of the Can fella. He'd be ok for midtable team in Serie A.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7921781.html

Having a shocker here aren't you.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by pite12c View Post
    Very Reasonable post here

I think Klopps tactics and play style are perfect so far, but his personel lets him Down

Hopefully we see a midtrio of Keita-Lallana-Coutinho next season

And two world Class CBs bought

We should put a buyout clause in Can's contract for business reasons.... Sell him the very next summer and use the money to buy Top talent
    Well thats only possible if he signs a new contract which is looking highly unlikely.

Wow fantastic and all that. Really bothered. Let's see what happens when/if he enters the final 6 months of his contract in January, then.

He should move to Juventus if they want him. Go for it, he shouldn't hesitate. He will never feature in a Premier League winning squad and team.

Wow fantastic and all that. Really bothered. Let's see what happens when/if he enters the final 6 months of his contract in January, then.

He should move to Juventus if they want him. Go for it, he shouldn't hesitate. He will never feature in a Premier League winning squad and team.
    Neither did Gerrard. Or Suarez. Or any Liverpool player in the last 30 or so years.

Anderson did though, 4 times.

What a stupid and pointless comment.

I am not his biggest fan, I think he has a way to go yet before he is top quality, but I dont think he is as bad as you are making out though.

i am a big fan of emre can,i think he could go on to be our captain and a big influence in our midfield however whether its klopps instructions or emre can doesn't have the discipline to be the player that sits and makes a defensive 3 while our fullbacks push forward.he could be instructed to push on in certain times in a game.i remember reading that rafa instructed masherano to never cross the halfway line.emre can can be that player and help run games from deep but I'm not sure he's is willing to play that role,i have heard different reason why he hasn't signed contract,one was he wanted guaranteed playing time another was actually about his role in the team maybe klopp has lost that battle and emre can is doing his own thing.its a pity because I could see him in a 2 man midfield next season alongside keita and sitting back while keita joins in the attack,and this season a 3 man midfield of Lallana can couhtinio against teams that park bus or a stronger midield of winaldum can couhtinio against the better teams.

Klopp if carry on with 1-2 ( sitting defensive midfielder and to box two box midfielders)

Can odd one out to me great getting up and down the box ok possession wise but nothing fantastic doesn't offer the creativity or the attacking threat needed

Is to industrial rather than ball technician

---------------------------------

Wijnaldum watched his career while he was in Holland I've got to say this is the worst I've seen him play

Definitely a ball technician

---------------------

What read about Keita he offers the hard work but also very good technical play as well

----------------------

Henderson is the only defensive midfielder we've got as squad option not bad

----------------------

All 3 are ok but if Coutinho goes & Lallana carries on with his injuries then we should definitely look at another player

Neither did Gerrard. Or Suarez. Or any Liverpool player in the last 30 or so years.
    Might want to rephrase that, Ince to name but one has been in our squad in the last 30 years. Didn't win the league with us, but the second bit doesn't say "with LFC".....